- Tertiary qualified Sr. Business System Analyst with 8+ years’ experience in delivering projects across Banking and Finance domain.
- Sound expertise in performing business requirement elicitation & analysis, business intelligence and liaising among business and technical stakeholders.
- Dedicated professional with a deep understanding of businesses dealing with corporate banking, asset and wealth management, blessed with the ability of quick learning, astute decision making, strong work ethic, and teamwork skills.
- Considerable acquaintance with banking and finance domain concepts such as Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, Investment Securities (Stocks, Bonds, Commodities, Derivates) , BASEL III, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Know Your Customer (KYC), Super 23A, Regulation O, Regulation W, Dodd Frank, CMA, PSD2.
- Experienced in working under various SDLC environments such as Agile Scrum, Waterfall, WaterScrum and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) showcasing abilities to work with self - organizing and cross functional teams.
- Highly proficient in capturing requirements from business stakeholders through conducting requirement elicitation techniques such as JAD sessions, Workshops, Brainstorming, Interviews, Prototyping and Document Analysis.
- Maintained JIRA and Rally dashboards while assisting the product owner in slicing the epics into user stories following INVEST criteria and capturing the stories into Product Backlog while linking relevant artifacts to Confluence .
- Drafted various business artifacts such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Use Case Document, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Risk Register, RACI matrix .
- Designed diverse architectural and UML diagrams in the form of process flow diagrams, swim lane diagrams, use case diagrams, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes using tools like Balsamiq, Axure RP, Lucid Chart and MS Visio allowing key stakeholders to comprehend the application design and define Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Periodically assisted product owner in prioritizing and scrum teams in estimating user stories using various techniques such as MoSCoW, KANO, Planning Poker, Delphi, Relative Mass Valuation and T Shirt Sizing helping deliver critical functionalities of the release and maximizing the business value among different phases of the project lifecycle.
- Aided project managers in conducting Cost-Benefit Analysis, Feasibility Studies, Impact analysis, root cause analysis, SWOT analysis, risk analysis and ROI Analysis to evaluate and authenticate the needs of the project.
- Assisted project managers and product owners in outlining project action plans to capture and define project roadmap, timelines, milestones, vision, risks and objectives using PERT chart, Critical Path Analysis (CPA), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Earned Value Management (EVM) and Financial Analysis Models (NPV, ROI).
- Extensive knowledge on Salesforce.com (SFDC) concepts like sandbox activities, governor limits, apex transactions, sharing rules, Visualforce pages and SOQL queries.
- Experience in Salesforce Sandbox refresh & Post Refresh activities and deploying to production using Change Sets .
- Performed API end point validation using Postman and documentation using Swagger to capture the Headers, Query Parameters, Resources, POST/PUT response body and different error codes received.
- Well versed on web services like REST/SOAP based on XML, JSON, WSDL and UDDI using internet protocol suite like HTTP / HTTPS under the Three-Tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices Architecture.
- Diligently performed in depth GAP analysis and Business Process Mapping to understand the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes helping to identify source to target mapping (STM) and transformation logics .
- Working knowledge on big data concepts and tools such as Hadoop, HDFS, Apache Hive, Impala, Flume, Sqoop for analysis and MapReduce, YARN, Apache Spark (MLIB, Spark SQL) .
- Excellent insights of data warehousing, data profiling, data migration, ETL and data visualization processes with hands on experience in tools such as Tableau, Informatica PowerCenter, Power BI and Alteryx .
- Prepared data visualization reports using Tableau and Power BI through connecting csv, excel and database files showcasing the business insights and progress reports using Histograms, Heat Maps, Symbol Maps, Pie Charts etc.
- Proficient experience in performing data validation and data profiling using PL/SQL queries like procedures, joins, triggers, views, nested queries and various other DDL/DML queries useful in performing OLAP operations.
- Facilitated UAT sessions ensuring the product quality with a thorough understanding of testing concepts pertaining to both manual and automation using tools like HP ALM/QC, Selenium and Coded UI.
SKILLS AND TOOLS:
Banking and Finance Domain: BASEL III, CCAR, Dodd Frank Act, Trade Reconciliation, Super 23A, PEP, Reg O, Reg W, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, Securities (Stocks, Bonds, Commodities, T-Notes), Derivatives (Futures, Options), FX Trade
SDLC Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, XP, Waterfall, Water-Scrum Fall, SAFe, Spiral and Kanban
Business Skills: Project Management, Requirements Elicitation, Stakeholder Management, Strategic Planning, Business Process Mapping, Conflict Management, Scheduling, Risk Management, Impact Analysis, Liaising
Business Modeling tools: MS Visio, Axure RP, Balsamiq Mockups, Lucid Chart, Wireframes.cc
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, HP ALM/QC, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Confluence, Selenium, JMeter, Load Runner, Postman, Swagger
BI and Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Power BI, SSRS
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices, N-Tier Architecture
Cloud Technologies: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Azure
Databases and ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Hadoop, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, My SQL, NoSQL, Alteryx
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Organized JAD sessions and workshops , prepared agenda and facilitated the meetings with the SMEs, product owner & stakeholders to elicit requirements , document outcomes, and capture Minutes of Meetings (MOMs).
- Assisted product owner in prioritizing epics using MoSCoW approach , vertically slicing epics to user stories and scrum team in estimating story points using Planning Poker to prepare Product Backlog Items (PBIs).
- Performed API testing using Postman to validate the request and response for JSON based RESTful services using CRUD based methods like GET/POST to capture the response error codes and data received in the body.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Daily Scrum and Sprint Retrospective .
- Assisted deployment team in running different builds deployed to dev, test and prod environment using Jenkins .
- Designed use-case diagrams, process flow diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using MS Visio and used Balsamiq to create wireframes and low fidelity mockups to provide visual insights to business stakeholders.
- Prepared and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) assisting the developers and testers among different sprint executions to associate the defects raised to each requirement and ensure a reliable test coverage report.
- Drafted and uploaded various business artifacts to Confluence to maintain a shared, centralized and easily accessible site while linking JIRA issues to relevant spaces to promote information accessibility among team members.
- Created UAT test scripts , lead the sessions and performed testing with end users to ensure the quality of each release.
- Documented Data Mapping Document to validate update feeds communicated via Kafka Streaming API .
- Proactively tested data quality through creating PL/SQL queries using DDL/DML commands in Aqua Data Studio.
- Assisted the Sqoop architect in creating batch integration through API calls , aided Hadoop data engineers in monitoring the health of the Hadoop clusters at regular intervals and logged metadata using Mphasis platform .
- Participated rigorously in Smoke, Sanity, Load/Stress, Regression, End-to-End, and Integration testing .
- Assisted QA team to prepare automation scripts via TestNG framework with java embedded Selenium Web Driver using Eclipse IDE ensuring maximum coverage for regression testing and allowing multi-browser compatibility testing.
- Created multiple Excel reports and documents using advanced excel operations such as creating Macros using VBScript and making use of functions like VLookUp, HLookUp, PowerQuery, Data Analytics and Pivots .
Environment: Agile (Scrum), JIRA, Confluence, Balsamiq, MS Visio, AngularJS, Selenium, Hadoop Hive, NoSQL, HDFS, Kafka, Sqoop, Postman, Swagger, Retrium, RESTful, Aqua Data Studio, SVN.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed existing source systems through collaborating with system experts to prepare Data Mapping Specification .
- Conducted interviews and JAD sessions and captured various OLAP queries targeted to identify Data Marts .
- Formulated data migration approach through assisting DB architects in modelling Bus Architecture , designing Galaxy Schema and preparing ER Diagrams to comprehend targeted data warehouse and relationships among data tables.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify redundant source fields, additional target fields and transformation logics.
- Consistently involved in ETL process using Informatica PowerCenter assisting ETL developers in applying designer transformation logics , preparing workflow sessions and monitoring the process results.
- Drafted Sharing Rules in Force.com to increase the Organization Wide Default (OWD) sharing settings by increasing the accessibility of the records based on the roles and prepared Summary and Matrix based dashboards.
- Cleansed duplicate data and defined DupeBlocker parameters to ensure data integrity and consistent process flows.
- Proficiently used different Informatica Workspace (Source analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, and Transformation Developer) to transform the data from source to target.
- Assisted in performing Data Normalization process to eliminate data redundancy and faster query processing
- Validated data integrity and quality through exhaustive assistance in extensive of OLAP cube based on required OLAP queries performing various operations such as drill down, roll up, slice, dice and pivot.
- Generated various dashboards and adhoc reports using Tableau promoting business insights and trend analysis.
- Involved in creating the Project Closure and Decommission report while discarding legacy systems.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), Salesforce.com, Informatica PowerCenter, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, HP ALM, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, LucidChart
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Business Systems Analyst
- Consistently bridged the gap between business and technical stakeholders through providing walkthrough sessions and requirements clarifications resulting in significant reduction of risks associated due to communication gaps.
- Outlined project deliverables in the forms of Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Designed multiple abstract wireframes and mockups using Axure RP to test the aesthetics of the system.
- Assessed end to end flow of data and performed testing of XML based SOAP API and Web services using SOAP UI and documented through Swagger to identify the request and response of data at different integration points.
- Managed JIRA dashboard for the project, trained development team members and program stakeholders with JIRA tool, monitoring the workflow on daily basis using Scrum Workflow (To-Be, In Progress, Done) and Information Radiators (Burn up and Burn down charts) to measure the performance during each sprint.
- Facilitated Change Requests through performing the business and technical impact analysis , documenting in the Change Request Document and getting approval from the Change Control Board (CCB).
- Conducted performance testing using JMeter assessing the user traffic and threshold for load testing .
- Created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, process flows and activity diagrams to provide business stakeholders a perspective regarding the flow of events using MS Visio .
- Presented functional demos to clients before go-live to validate expectations and mitigate any post-production risk.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), Axure RP, Tableau, JIRA, MS SQL Server, HP ALM, Confluence, MS Visio, SOAP, XML, JMeter.
- Assisted Project Managers in capturing the scope, milestones, objectives, roadmap and vision of the project.
- Actively involved in prioritizing Product Backlog Items with product owner using KANO technique and assisted scrum team in estimating user stories pulled in Sprint Backlog using Planning Poker .
- Liaised and communicated with various project stakeholders, including project sponsor, project manager, business lead, architect, designers, quality analysts and domain experts to gather requirements and future roadmap of the product.
- Established and maintained agile scrum boards to focus on the management of tasks, defects, and product releases .
- Collaborated with the internal senior management (Product Owner, Architect, and Business SMEs) to clarify and prioritize requirement and discuss solution options on the daily/weekly basis
- Reported bugs using Rally and tracked the defect life cycle through consistent collaboration with developers and testers.
- Analyzed industry specification document and existing API specifications for producing business requirements capturing epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframes, and APIs end point mapping in Rally and SharePoint .
- Used IBM Cognos reporting and Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups and Macros) for reporting and analyzing the portfolio analytics and performance measures such as NAV, NPV, P&L, Asset Allocation, Country Allocation, Cash Flows.
- Facilitated UAT sessions ensuring the product quality with a thorough understanding of testing concepts pertaining to both manual and automation using tools like HP ALM/QC and Coded UI.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), Rally, MS Visio, SQL, MS Office, HTML, XML, IBM Cognos, CSS, MS Office 2013 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), HP ALM, Coded UI, SharePoint, Jenkins
Associate Business Analyst
- Assisted project manager in preparing Project Management Plan while creating the Work Breakdown Structure .
- Apprehended transformation logics for individual data sources to design a data repository capable of capturing insights of user behaviors and interactions for investment assets such as Index, Equities, Options, Commodities and Bonds .
- Assisted DB architects in preparing the data modeling process by creating conceptual and logical diagram , identifying the entity relationships and designing database schema to help understand the data warehouse architecture.
- Managed requirement churns strategically through assessing the impact analysis , business value and risks while prioritizing and ensuring minimal effect in the current ongoing sprint.
- Identified dimensions and fact tables while performing dimensional modelling with system architects
- Assisted QA team in developing test plans , test scenarios and performing progression testing and regression testing .
- Prepared decommissioning and closure reports for discarding legacy system efficiently post completion of migration.
- Acted as the team’s single point of contact for requirement clarifications pertaining to defects resolutions .
Environment: Waterfall model, Informatica PowerCenter, SQL, Oracle, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Prezi Business Presentation.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Extensively worked in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) phases - Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Case Development, Environment Setup, Test Execution and Test Cycle Closure .
- Comprehended the requirements from testing perspective to identify different test scenarios and create test cases .
- Participated in various meetings to identify test scenarios along with QA lead and documented the scenarios linking to each requirement to capture the test coverage through Requirements Traceability Matrix .
- Contributed in defining the Entry and Exit criteria for all the STLC phases along with the senior executives.
- Developed, documented and executed automation test scripts, test data, test results and defects using Selenium Web Driver and actively involved in Defect Life Cycle Management and assisted in creating Issue logs using JIRA .
- Performed GUI Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing using both manual and automated test cases.
- Created test results dashboard using Tableau through maintaining a live connection with spreadsheet files generated as output pertaining to different test suites executed providing test coverage report for senior management.
Environment: Waterfall model, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, TestNG, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, STLC, Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Confluence