- Served as a Senior Business Analyst, Scrum Master, Quality Analyst for over 8 years predominantly in Banking Domain
- Experience of evaluating projects for Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Regulations of banking industry.
- Experience with compliances such as Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), OFAC and regulatory acts such as Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Sarbanes - Oxley Act (SOX), USA Patriot Act, Dodd Frank Act, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Basel II, Basel III.
- Experienced in designing systems enabling reporting for SAR, CCAR and Payment systems like PCI DSS, PA DSS.
- Experienced in working with technologies like SWIFT, IBAN, Automatic Clearing House (ACH), Same day Confidential
- Experienced in working with incremental Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Scrum-Waterfall (Hybrid) and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Possess knowledge of extreme programming (XP), Kanban, Scrumban.
- Has experience working in Robotic Process Automation, Chat bot implementation with Natural Language Processing and Sentiment Analysis capabilities, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Migration and Warehousing, Regulatory Reporting, Web and Mobile application development projects.
- Aided in AS-IS and TO-BE modeling of systems, conducting Gap Analysis such as SWOT Analysis, 5 Hows and Root Cause Analysis and accompanying methods such as Cost-Benefit Analysis, Risk Analyses, Impact Analysis, Complexity Assessment and Feasibility Studies. Developed systems as per Business Continuity Plan.
- Assisted project managers in producing Project Charter, Project Plan, RACI Chart, Work Breakdown Structure.
- Expertise in requirement gathering techniques such as Interviews, Brainstorming Sessions, Document Analysis, Joint Application Development (JAD), Requirement Workshops, and Interface Analysis with project stakeholders and categorizing the requirements into Functional, Non-functional, GUI and Data specifications.
- Involved in creation, validation and baselining of high-level and low-level documents such as Business Requirements Document (BRD), System Requirements Specification (SRS), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), Process Design Document (PDD), Use Case specification and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM). Enabling documenting and collaboration through tools like Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA, VersionOne and Rally.
- Experienced in creating mockups, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes, and creating L1 to L4 process maps, UML diagrams like Use case diagram, Activity Diagram and Sequence Diagram using MS Visio and Lucid Charts.
- Experienced in facilitation and participating in SCRUM ceremonies including Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Standup/Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective. Collaborated with Product Owners to write User Stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, Definition of Ready & Definition of Done.
- Well-versed in creating EPICS and User Stories along with Product Owner using various slicing techniques, prioritizing using Moscow, Kano, Value Stream Mapping, and estimating them using techniques such as T-shirt Sizing, Planning Poker, Relative Mass Valuation, and Dot Voting. Used HP-ALM to manage user stories, used JIRA for Defect Tracking.
- Encouraged development practices like TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) and developing Feature Files (Gherkins format) using Cucumber.
- Well-acquainted with enabling Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using Jenkins and version control for source code using GIT version control. Provisioning builds using Maven, deploying into test and production environments using Chef, Ansible and monitoring metrics using NagiOS.
- Experienced in Web Services and API documentation using Swagger and API Testing using Postman, SOAP UI. Experience working with protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TSL and Orchestration language like BPEL.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of data modeling, data mapping, data migration and ETL, ELT processes. Extensively worked with complex mappings using various transformations like Filter, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Union, Aggregator, Normalize, Sequence Generator etc. using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Has experience performing exploratory data analysis and data mining using Excel, Python with Pandas, NumPy.
- Extensively used SQL queries like joins, group by, order by, views aggregate functions to extract data from different data sources and to perform DDL (Data defining language) operations to create, read, update and delete (CRUD) the data in the database for data manipulation/calculations, & data analysis.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop environment and its components such as HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Spark etc.
- Worked with Hadoop developers enabling Hadoop cluster creation and monitoring using Cloudera Enterprise Manager. Enabling dashboard visualization by querying using HiveQL and connecting the cluster to Tableau.
- Assisted RPA developers to build Robots using UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator.
- Well-versed in assisting developers building applications in Salesforce Lightning environment and Salesforce Trailhead.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plan, Test Scenarios, writing Test Cases, Test Scripts; Creating defect logs, Facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing, Integration Testing.
Waterfall, Scrum, Water: Scrum Fall, SAFe, Kanban
MS Office, JIRA, Version: One, HP ALM
Reporting & Modeling Tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI, Lucid Charts, MS Visio, Balsamiq
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter (v 9.5, 9.6.1), Tableau (v. 9.3, 10.0, 10.1), MS SQL Server (2012, 2014), MS Access (2010, 2013, 2016), MS Excel (2010, 2013)
MySQL, SQL Server, H: Base, MS Access, Oracle
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, Confluence
Testing Tools: HP QC/ALM, Bugzilla, Selenium, Load Runner, SoapUI, Cucumber
Languages: Python 3.x, MATLAB, C++
Confidential, Troy, MI
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Liaised with Business Stakeholders and Automation Centre of Excellence to create an inventory of processes suitable for Robotic Process Automation. Identified the structure of the organization and the list of stakeholders to interview for each process.
- Created a Process Assessment Document to calculate automation complexity and automation potential of the in-scope processes. Mapped the processes into automation quadrants (Quick Wins, Low Hanging Fruits, Must-Do Improvements, Long-Term Improvements) to prioritize the in-scope processes.
- Generated high-level process maps to document and validate the representation with Process Owners. Captured the detailed AS-IS and TO-BE process flows and descriptions in L4 process map using Balsamiq/Lucid Charts.
- Used SharePoint to obtain sign-off from stakeholders on the Process Design Document created incorporating business rules, input and output data mappings, feedback etc. Used Microsoft Screen Recorder to prepare Key Stroke Documentation.
- Defined Test Scenarios and associated Test Cases using JIRA for efficient tracking and resolution of issues.
- Built mechanisms to validate changes and evaluate their impact and tracked them using JIRA.
- Recorded the User Acceptance Test results for UiPath Robots created using UiPath Studio and deployed into test environment using UiPath Orchestrator using BPEL.
- Validated the data flow and integration with Accounts Service, Transactions Service for AML FIU bot. Validated the connection to TIBCO Master Data Management client, Systematics Payment client, OBIEE, Oracle Financial Services AML client, SAP FICO database, Relational and NoSQL databases for retrieving transactional records to monitor fraud.
- Validated the execution of Welma Chatbot and its integration with Amazon Lex for Natural Language Processing, Sentiment Analysis and Natural Language Generation, Siebel Customer Service Client for Human Handoff and ElasticSearch for indexing through text based unstructured data.
- Conducted testing and validation for Account Activity bot and its integration with Accounts Services, Welma Chatbot, Apache HBase, J2EE, Oracle SQL, Salesforce CRM Cloud for accessing customer information.
- Validating the connection of the bots to Web Servers and Application Servers through IBM WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus.
- Involved in technical API documentation using Swagger and API testing using SOAPUI for SOAP & RESTful API’s.
- Created Test Summary and Reporting documents to obtain sign-off for production.
- Created comprehensive User Manuals containing description of new processes, final inputs & outputs, process schedule, procedure for resetting and restarting the process, creating reporting dashboards, and exception handling.
- Monitored the performance of the bots using dashboard created by UiPath Orchestrator integrated with OBIEE/Kibana for metrics such as number of transactions executed, AHT, Average Robot Uptime etc.
- Documented the pitfalls and high points from the project in the Automation CoE for future updates and enhancements.
- Standardized Change Management procedure across the Automation realm and uploaded it to the repository to enable access across the organization.
Environment: UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator, BPEL, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM Integration Bus, TIBCO MDM, Systematics Payments Client, Siebel Customer Service, Amazon Lex, OFS AML, Salesforce CRM, MySQL, Apache Hbase, ElasticSearch
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated requirements elicitation using Document Analysis, Interface Analysis and JAD session. Came up with a high-level model of the proposed solution to validate the proposed solution with SME’s and business users.
- Identified source, target and transformation logic and documented them in Data Specification Document and assisted Data Architects to create Data Flow Diagrams.
- Helped overcome technical barrier by creating UML diagrams using Lucid Charts.
- Assisted the product owner in defining Epics and slicing them into features and user stories. Facilitated Agile SCRUM ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meeting.
- Participated in Backlog Grooming Meeting and facilitated Slicing, Estimation and Prioritization of User Stories.
- Realized TWAIN enable scanners to capture images and send through MSXML6 to ABBYY FineReader.
- Enabled transfer of indexed and screened data from ABBYY FineReader to Hbase. Enabled transfer of batches from Hbase to ML Engine which classifies text and populates requisite fields in Salesforce Customer Relationship Management.
- Assisted Hadoop developers to manage nodes using Cloudera Enterprise Manager.
- Provided guidelines for developing the Intelligent Entity Extraction and Recognition Engine using Python libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, NLTK, and TensorFlow.
- Provided training data for ML engine from Hbase using Hive Query Language. Triggered the workflows based on time or availability of XML data and performed ingestion and merging of the XML data using the Oozie Coordinator Engine which also automates the recurring Hadoop job. Conducted source and field mapping for Data Loader to Salesforce CRM.
- Created dashboards in Tableau and integrated it with Cloudera Enterprise to monitor performance metrics of the model.
- Completed technical API documentation using Swagger and API request and response testing using Postman.
Environment: Scrum, ABBYY FineReader, Cloudera Enterprise Manager, Apache Hbase, Oozie, ZooKeeper, Salesforce CRM, Data Loader, Hive, Pig, TWAIN, MSXLM 6, Python.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master
- Participated in Product Increment Planning meeting and Scrum of Scrums. Assisted Product Owner in selecting Product Increment objectives that enable fulfillment of enterprise goals.
- Facilitated Interview sessions with Business Owners and Product Management to increase granularity of features.
- Performed Gap Analysis by modeling AS-IS and TO-BE processes and validating the results with business users.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies such as Daily Standup Meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meeting. Co-ordinated with the Product Owner in backlog grooming and release planning activities.
- Identified sources for OFAC sanction list having Specifically Designated Nationals (SDN), Politically Exposed Person (PEP) lists and implemented mechanisms for list refresh at specified intervals. Documented rules and filters to be applied before storing it to Apache Hbase using Sqoop with Pig wrapper. The entire process was managed by Cloudera Hadoop Distribution.
- Coordinated with Data Analysts to implement data cleaning MapReduce jobs on data in Hbase clusters before being fed into OFAC screening engine. Thresholds were identified and implemented to maintain data quality.
- Probabilistic model developed using Apache Mahout to screen Confidential, International Confidential, SWIFT and IBAN transactions were tuned to minimize False Positives and False Negatives for the organizations to avoid hefty fines.
- Created dashboards using Tableau and HiveQL to validate and monitor the performance of the OFAC screening engine.
- Monitored GIT and Jenkins builds to enable integration with Oracle Financial Service AML suite.
- Used JIRA to generate and maintain the artifacts such as Product backlogs, Sprint backlogs, user stories, Impediments list, tasks, defects. Generated Burnup and Burndown charts to monitor Scrum Team performance to devise sprint strategies.
- Coordinated with the QA team in designing test plans and test cases for User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: SAFe, JIRA, DevOps, HP QC 10.0, Lucid Charts, Apache Storm, JMS Data Sink, Cloudera Impala, Map reduce 2.0, Spark, MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio, Bugzilla, Microsoft SQL Server, Python, Tableau 9.1
Business Systems Analyst
- Met with business stakeholders and successfully conducted Interviews, JAD sessions to gather functional and non-functional requirements to be communicated to the project team.
- Assisted in mapping As-Is and To-Be processes for GAP analysis to identify the action steps to be implemented.
- Helped the Product Owner to create user stories in JIRA and prioritize them based on business value.
- Participated in the scrum ceremonies and worked closely with the team to ensure that requirements were fulfilled
- Created Source to Target (STM) mappings in the Data Mapping Specification Document
- Examined Source Data using SQL queries as part of Data Profiling to configure and compute the profile data.
- Used Informatica tool to extract data from multiple systems during the Extract Load Transform (ELT) phase.
- Identified and documented Business Process Workflows using UML Diagrams and Assisted System Admin in defining process workflows using Business Process Execution Language Process Manager (BPEL PM).
- Reviewed and monitored Client Identification Program (CIP) aspects and account opening documents to ensure compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC), USA Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Assisted in developing weighted Risk model to calculate Risk Profile Score based on customer attributes
- Reviewed accounts for suspicious activities and provided developers with patterns to connect for reporting
- Created mockups and wireframes using Balsamiq to validate the User Interface.
- Assisted in configuring and defining case class, case type, case attributes and case priority matrix in the Enterprise Case Management (ECM) module to track and manage the investigation of cases.
- Assisted Systems Admin in configuring user profiles and corresponding access privileges in the ECM module.
- Configured and reviewed Standard Report Templates in the Regulatory Reporting feature to make filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) easier. Documented and tested API requests and responses using SOAP UI tool.
- Developed Test cases and assisted Quality Assurance team in System Integration Testing using HP ALM
- Created Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and validated the results.
- Provided training and mentoring to new employees on the new system regarding the KYC process
Environment: Scrum, Windows Server 2016, Oracle Financial Services Analytical Application (OFSAA), Oracle 12c, MS Dynamics, MS SharePoint, MS Office, HP ALM, Jira, Informatica, Balsamiq, Soap UI, MS Visio, Tableau
Business Systems Analyst
- Interviewed Regional Plant, Banking, Supply Chain, and Finance Managers to gather System Requirements
- Assisted in Project Planning & implementation and integration roadmaps for bringing productive results. Completed all necessary documentation including Project Charters, Project Management Plans, Communication Management Plan, Project Cost Plan, Requirements Matrix, Project Staffing Plans and Project Budget Plans.
- Created Mock-up Screens, Wireframes using UI Components (check box etc.) and demonstrated it to stakeholders.
- Developed Business Requirement Documents, functional requirements specifications, use cases, storyboards.
- Extensively used MS Visio for Process modeling, Process mapping and Process flow diagrams creations.
- Constructed Requirements traceability matrix (RTM) to determine the source of the requirement, to ensure all requirements are met and to locate affected system components when there is a requirement change.
- Implement Standardized Data Quality Processes including Data Profiling and Cleansing on legacy database system
- Accountable for Development and Testing activity to ensure development work meets the required Quality Standard and aligned with the approved Statement of Work (SOW).
- Collaborate with System and Business owner to identify Events, Correlation, and Pattern-Matching.
- Prepared Test Data and performed Positive and Negative Testing used in Data Driven Testing.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing Postman and SoapUI for testing web services (SOAP & REST API).
- Documented the REST API and SOAP API requests and responses in XML format and their respective performance
- Used Rally Software Extensively in Agile Business Model with 2-Week Sprints and Coordinate with Offshore teams for Time Bound deliverables.
- Extracted the business requirements from the stakeholders keeping in mind their need for the application and documented them using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Documented business functionality requirements in Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Organized and conducted Joint Requirements Planning sessions (JRP) as a facilitator to gather requirements from the Business User. Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD), and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions.
- Maintained and monitored project progress and status through MS Project.
- Implemented waterfall methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Navigation Flow, Business Flow Diagrams and Workflow Diagrams for applications and created Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Documented non-functional requirements as Business Rules, Quality attributes and constraint documents.
- Facilitated smooth transition of the project from the project environment to the live environment.
- Worked with QA lead in validating Test Plan and Test Scenarios. Executed test scripts in different cycles to get the perfection and logged defects in defect tab of HP Quality center.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Assisted Business User during deployment in formulating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for customized application and getting confirmation for product Release
- Involved in the creation of Test Scripts, executing test cases and tracking defects
- Involved in developing test cases for Smoke, Integration, System and Regression testing
- Performed backend Testing using multiple SQL queries.
- Writing and Executing positive and negative test cases based on the functional specification document
- Validated the functional scenarios based on business scenarios. Performed Manual testing for the test cases
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Quality Center for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Tracking defects and assigning bugs to developers for fixing.