- 8+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst with expertise in Healthcare and Telecom domains.
- Created numerous SDLC artifacts such as Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), System Requirements Specification (SRS) Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Business Use Case documents, System Use Case documents, GAP analysis, etc.
- Strong experience in various SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile& Agile - Scrum.
- Experience in managing Product Backlog, follow Agile process to identify new items, review details, estimate work and prioritize deliverables.
- Gathered, documented existing System processes and data in order to perform Gap analysis between client’s specifications of the desired system and the existing system.
- Participated in various Scrum ceremoniesand Stakeholder meetings.
- Acted as a Primary Liaison to IT team and other departments as necessary to ensure fulfillment of any special requirements. Researched discrepancies or inconsistencies and recommended alternatives to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Assisted Account Executives to create industry-specific RFPs which provide detailed campaign initiatives and audience targeting to ensure business growth for the client.
- Acted as Project Team member to combine a Local and National Claims processing System into a Single platform.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing and Data Validation of Web applications used to present Benefit information.
- Strong experience in Healthcare Domain- Claims Processing, Benefit Administration, EDIs (837, 834, 835, 270, 271, 276, 277), ICD 9, ICD 10, Membership system, Provider Information system, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM).
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Implemented the project using Agile Scrum methodology and analyzed the detailed business case to understand the client needs.
- Guide and coach scrum teams on how to use agile/scrum best practices and values.
- Facilitated sprint ceremonies like Sprint planning meeting, Daily scrum meeting, Sprint review meeting, and Sprint retrospective meeting, Sprint closure for each sprint.
- Provided daily communications including scrum notes, sprint review reports and project retrospective.
- Developed and presented scrum reports and artifacts to include; Velocity Charts, Burn-down Charts,and Demonstration presentations.
- Authored template pages using dynamic components and replicated them onto multiple publish server instances.
- Responsible for the Analysis, Design, Requirements gathering, Testing, Debugging, Integration, Maintenance and support of Palmetto’s web-based products eServices and RRB (Rail Road Medicare Beneficiary) portals.
- Responsible for maintaining Product Backlog, prioritizing needs, overseeing development stages, evaluating product progress at each iteration in Version One.
- Interacting with various Business groups, Stakeholder, Medicare Part A and B Providers, Internal customers and users to analyze and develop various documents various vision documents with functional, non-functional and technical requirements.
- Technical Understand the functionality of our platform tools, including our API’s and the platform infrastructure.
- Manage and develop product backload items as well as monitor/write user stories and establishAcceptance criteria to make sure exact business needs are met.
- Participate in gap analysis and identify opportunities for improving business processes through information system changes.
- Defining short and long term product Vision and communicating it to the development team and stakeholders.
- Interviewing end users to gain insight into product use.
- Product Demos with different stakeholders and users to get feedback for product improvement.
- Identifying, defining and documenting business needs and objectives and operational procedures. Tracking and fully documenting changes for functional and business specifications.
- Conducting requirements walk-through sessions and Business, Development and Testing teams on various Medicare projects for Claims processing to ensure that the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Compliance guidelines are met.
- Documenting customer business functions and processes in the tool VersionOne. Updating system information, documenting JAD sessions and obtain Sign-Offs from JAD participants.
- Design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Swimlane Diagrams, Network Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Web prototypes (Mockup’s/Wireframes) for web-based applications.
- Facilitate and participate in daily development and testing status meetings to make sure everything is on track without any impediments, also gave feedback on sprint achievement.
- Work on new solutions/metrics on the project to modernize existing eServices and RRB (Rail Road Medicare Beneficiary) application features.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Worked with Business users and Stakeholders to elicit requirements and create Epics, Features and User Stories .
- Conducted GapAnalysis to show the Current State and proposed functionalities of the New system. Researched current challenges and trends in the customer management space and presented information and recommendations back to Leadership for consideration.
- Assisted the Scrum Master in conducting AGILE ceremonies like Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective while working with the Product Owner to prioritize User Stories during Product Backlog Grooming Session.
- Worked on Sales data integration from mobile application on tablet to desktop.
- Analyzed process flow for operational effectiveness and work with external applications teams to understand functionality exposed via APIs and define data mapping definitions .
- Conducted analysis, added in-depth features and information from customer account(s) to mobile application to help mobilize the sales experience.
- Generated and iterated on wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, usability prototypes and responsible for building workflows.
- Analyzed the User Interface Design by closely observing user actions, concerns and level of ease with using the system.
Environment : Agile-Scrum,RALLY, MS Visio, iRise, MS Access,MS SharePoint, Informatica PowerCenter, SQL, Advanced Excel, UML, JIRA, MS Office suite.
Confidential, Champaign, IL
- Gathered, analyzed and communicated weekly project status to the project manager by gathering updates from different project resources.
- Conducted GAP analysis by understanding the AS-IS System and the TO-BEsystem requirements by conducting discussions with the SMEs.
- Prepared Data Flow Diagrams usingRational Rose to review the Current and Future business processes.
- Owned and maintained all documentation: process, training, and presentation.
- Extensively worked on writing requirements forEDI- 834 (Enrollment) &EDI- 837 (Claims) files in Medicare & Medicaid eligibility.
- Served as a Project Management Analyst on multiple initiatives involving maintenance and system changes for HIPAA regulations.
- Researched System requirementscompleted System documentation and participated in System testing as per HIPAA compliance.
- Conducted client-side validation to study ETL operations on the involved Databases and Data warehouse.
- Experienced in developing Data Mapping like Source to Target Mapping.
- Worked with internal departments on generating reports from the Intranet site.
Environment: Waterfall, IBM RequisitePro, IBM Rational Rose, Axure, Bugzilla, XML, SQL, MS SharePoint, Clarity, MS Word, MS Excel.
Confidential, Fort Wayne, IN
- Gathered Business Requirements by driving User-group meetings and working with various global cross-functional group of Business Stakeholders.
- Worked as part of the IT team on various phases of SDLC such as Initiation, Plan, Analyze, Design, Develop, Test, Deploy and Maintain.
- Prepared Project deliverables through Business workflow analysis, Process analysis, User Requirements documents (Use Cases & Use Case Diagrams) and managed the requirements.
- Documented Artifacts including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications and Use Case Specifications.
- Analyzed claims data from clearing houses regarding EDI- 270/271 (Eligibility Benefit Enquire/Response).
Environment: Waterfall, SQL, MS Excel, MS Word, MS SharePoint, HP-Quality Center, MS Visio.
Confidential, Fort Wayne, IN
- Assisted Lead Business Analysts in capturing requirements by driving user-group meetings and working with various global teams.
- Participated in Sprints through Sprint Planning and Development, creation and prioritization of the Product Backlog as well as User Story and Acceptance Criteria development, Sprint review and Sprint retrospective sessions.
- Worked with making calls to APIs to fetch data from the backend as JSON response and parse it on the UI.
- Worked on User data analysis, user interviews and customer feedback analysis to improve user experience.
Environment: Agile, SQL, MS Excel, MS Word, MS SharePoint, HP-Quality Center, MS Office, MS Visio, TFS.