To be absolutely committed to the pursuit of excellence while I remain focused, proactive and prudent in a way that brings maximum value to my employer and me.
- 10 years’ experience in Business and Risk Analysis in the Financial Industry. Excels at researching financial risks, communicating with co - workers and clients. Experienced in corporate and Financial Institution settings. Expertise in defining scope of projects based on gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, project risks & scope exclusions.
- Skilled in performing Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end - state requirements.
- Knowledge of Financial Domain.
- Experienced in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD)and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Proficient in UAT (User Acceptance Testing.
- Proactive and proficient in crisis management, sound organizational skills, good communication skills, ability to work and develop on existing brand. Willingness to learn, and also a good team player.
- Knowledge of Internal control and Audit (SOX Compliance), knowledge of Risk Management, Customer Relationship Management and Quality Control.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations, code of conduct and knowledge of Financial Services Authority and the Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor and investigate accounts dealing with PEPs and AML procedures to ensure due diligence.
- Ensuring that the appropriate risk ranking (as input by Relationship Manager) is correct and captured in the KYC database.
- Identifying and reporting any unusual entity structures, identification of any anomalies or activities that arouse suspicion that a customer is engaging in a Money Laundering or Terrorism activity.
- Highly skilled at handling multiple tasks with high ethical standards within stipulated deadlines.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor and control projects whilst ensuring efficient utilization of all resources and adherence to the requirements of customers.
- Analyzing existing business units, business process, System / Application and their Interfaces through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions and prototyping. Prioritized them and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Serving as a liaison between the internal/external business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Participated in design review meetings and translated the requirements to the developers and guided the team when issues related to business requirements arose.
- Worked with Associates and understood the business rules, systems and integrated them into the requirements document and assisted in generation of test cases and test data.
- Created workflows, data diagrams and other industry standard documents to represent client's business processes.
- Defined business rules associated with pre-defined workflows according to business requirements.
- Conducted Risk Analysis to identify the risks associated with developing the patches, and formulated a Mitigation Plan to eliminate or reduce risks of high severity and any major effects.
- Played an active role in performing of Gap Analysis and its documentation.
- Interacted with client to present future functionality of the application and gathered information from them to understand their need and send this information to test manager.
- Worked closely with the application development team, design team and testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Responsible for creating & maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix in order to track the development and QA process.
- Developed and maintained User stories by continuous interaction with various stakeholders.
- Maintained JIRA dashboards for product backlog and tracking
- Conducted various Joint Application and Design (JAD) sessions with participants (including Business, Deployment and Support personnel)
Business Analyst & Compliance Consultant
- Developing policies and procedures for work processes.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance of company’s policies
- Conducting regular internal audit and review of business units.
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure compliance of regulatory rules.
- Documentation, and feedback to management to ensure more effective work processes.
- Liaising with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SME) in Commercial and Personal banking to document existing business processes.
- Performed Fit-Gap Analysis and gathered functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with process owners & stakeholders.
- Gathered requirements for software to be built in house for automation of business processes.
- Facilitated Joint Requirements Planning (JRP) sessions between technical, business and regulatory teams to ensure that requirements were being met, and to resolve issues during the development phase.
- Developed functional specifications to meet requirements.
- Responsible for Requirements gathering, Scope Analysis, designing and reviewing BRD.
- Conducted sessions for understanding business expectations and gathering requirements from various SMEs.
- Followed Agile methodology for certain applications.
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for communicating and managing expectations with the business users and end users.
- Created Business Requirement Documents and Use cases and conducted walkthrough with the business owners and took sign-off.
- Used SQL for some modules in the project.
- Created Process Flows and UML diagrams using Visio.
- Identified and documented the Business Rules that would affect the application.
- Updated the requirement documents as per the Process Change Requests.
- Participated in Defect Review meetings as required to clarify requirements.
Resident Internal Controller
- Ensuring that KYC/AML checks on new clients are undertaken in accordance with Central Bank laws and regulations, and corporate policy are appropriate.
- Review of account opening documentations to ensure compliance.
- Review of GL accounts to pick out anomalies.
- Investigation of fraudulent transactions, both internal and external.
- Responsible for developing and delivering management information on a scheduled basis.
- Investigate ownership and control to identify all ultimate beneficiaries and possible PEPs for KYC and risk management purposes.
- Assisting the business in obtaining updated information and documentation required to meet legal and regulatory money laundering identification obligations.
- Undertaking desktop investigations of client background utilizing all available internal/external systems.
- Liaising with client where necessary in order to provide a clearer understanding of our requirements needed to onboard new clients.
- Ensuring that the KYC onboarding process runs smoothly and that adequate checks are being conducted on a timely basis, and that records are being updated and maintained in accordance with relevant EMEA laws, rules and regulations and the banks policies as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the bank’s daily transactions are in line with the policy of the bank and regulatory authorities to avoid loss and process break
- Review of branch expense in line with approved limits
- Review & reconciliation of the General Ledger.
- Review of all risk assets of the branch
- Monitoring and ensuring AML/CFT policies and procedures of CBN and FATF are adhered to.
- Ensure safety of assets and liability of the bank.
- Follow up on inspection report.
- General audit activities and also as assigned by head, Internal controls
- Comprehensive review of Customer Service Unit. E.g. Account opening /closing procedures, cheque book requisitions etc. for compliance with internal policies and procedures and conduct regular spot checks on key areas of branch operations.
- Comprehensive review of teller (both Cash and Fund Transfer) operations for compliance with internal procedures
- Review of operating environment.
- Monitoring of income recognition and branch expenses profile
- Regular snap checks.
- Monitoring and ensuring Customer satisfaction
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Supervision of call center agents.
- Monitoring and measuring the level of service that individual call center agents are providing to subscribers by conducting regular weekly quality assessments.
- Providing feedback to individual agents and customer care management on evaluation outcome.
- Tracking and compiling quality trends and using results to improve the quality of service delivery in the call/contact center.
- Developing experiential case studies on service delivery for purposes.
- Conducting researches on customer service affecting metrics and using findings for process improvement.
- Handles daily target of incoming complains and resolves customers’ queries via relevant system and application within agreed service level.
- Up sells and Cross sells Company’s products and services and offers professional advice to prospective prepaid and postpaid customers on suitable products and services.
- Conduct monthly customer satisfaction survey with the view of generating data for management decision-making.
- Conduct daily follow up on customer queries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Serves as support personnel for team management.
- Generates, evaluates and implement ideas for team’s resource and strategy unit.