- Over 7 years of experience as an accomplished facilitator between Business Systems and Information Technology and have diverse work experience in banking, insurance, and retail.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodology Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile methodologies, Agile Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Experience in gathering requirements from various Business to understand the business process and the data flow structure in the organization.
- Experience in creating Wireframe and prototypes to visualize Graphical User Interface.
- Experience in design and review of various documents such as Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Field Level Specification (FLS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) etc.
- Experienced working on Data Warehousing assignments, Business Intelligence Reporting.
- Strong proven expertise on UML diagrams (Use case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, class diagrams etc.) using MS Visio& Rational Rose.
- Conducted and facilitated JAD sessions and brain storming sessions with key user groups emphasizing the scope of the project in order to provide key initiatives in working with users in identifying and defining project and system requirements.
- Proficient at creating Use Cases, GAP Analysis, Process Flows & Works using UML.
- Provided expertise assistance for constructing data model with conceptual, logical and physical models.
- Proficient in working with various Data quality processes such as Data mapping, Data validation, Data mining etc.
- Proficient in creating mapping spreadsheets, Source to Target mapping documents including the transformation rules.
- Working knowledge with Oracle SQL and MySQL Server.
- Experience in end - to-end ETL process including Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading from source systems.
- Experience and Strong knowledge of retail processes; including Supply Chain
- Experience in implementation of enterprise wide supply-chain & custom retail solutions
- Proficient experience in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and have extensively prepared Test plans, Test scenarios, and Test Cases.
Database Management System: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle
Data Modeling / Data Warehouse: Informatica PowerCenter Suite 9.1
Analysis Methodologies: Rational Unified Process, Unified Modeling Language, Agile methodology, Waterfall methodologies, V-Shaped Models
Business Modeling Tools: MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Visio, MS Visual Studio, MS SharePoint, JIRA, IBM Cognos
Management Requirement Tools: Adobe Insight, HP Quality Center, MS Project
Operations Systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX, LINUX
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered requirements and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD), System Requirement Specification (SRS) by interviewing Business Users/SME's.
- Documented the Business Process Flows, Business Use Cases, System Use Case, Business Rules and Use Case Realization following the Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology.
- Interacted with the project team to help define the Business and System Objectives, confirmation of scope, identify constraints and the measures of success for the system to be developed.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and walk in interview with the business users to gather requirements.
- Adhered data transition of the payment and remittance advice as per the EDI 835(for payments).
- Maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix in Rational Requisite Pro and used Clear Quest to manage change requests and track defects.
- Developed an implementation guide for Partners for EDI X12 transactions such as 837 (medical claims), 835 (medical claim payments), 270 (eligibility inquiry), 271 (eligibility response), 276 (claim status), 277 (claim status response), 820 (enrollment), and 834 (premium payments).
- Developed storyboard, mock up to communicate design ideas.
- Worked with PMO group in defining timelines and schedules for the project.
- Scheduled meetings with Developers, Testers and System analysts for status reporting and resource allocation planning using MS Project.
- Worked closely with Developers, User Representatives and participated in the product design process including specifications and other document reviews.
- Created and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix between the requirements and other products such as design documents and test plans.
- Actively involved in generating test cases for each phase deliverable and documented the results in Test Reports.
Environment: SQL, HP Quality Center, Share Point, MS Office, UML, Rational Rose, Windows, MS Visio, MS Project.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Involved in gathering the requirements that were critical to the business process flow and using those requirements for the Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Conducted JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to obtain domain level information, interviewing and asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed an understood by both business and technical team.
- Maintained a daily meeting with the Business team on task order approval, increased and decrease frequency of the meetings as per the progress of the task.
- In depth knowledge of Medicare Claims processes.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensuresthat critical requirements are not missed.
- Involved in GAP analysis both at the time of requirement gathering and later after development with the Testing team to identify areas and possible scenarios that might have been overlooked.
- Facilitated collection of functional requirements from system users and preparation of functional specification documents that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
Environment: MS Office, Visio, SharePoint, UNIX, SQL, Toad, DB2, CMR, Citrix, Rational Suite, Windows 2000/XP
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Interacted with the stakeholders to define the purpose and scope of the project.
- Interviewed users to understand current state of information availability and identify future information needs based on the analysis. Performed gap analysis and elicit requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with different groups of users to explore options and make decision on which data with be most beneficial and to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly
- Understood and analyzed the functional areas and identified source systems and data required in data warehouse environment to meet current and future needs.
- Worked closely with business users and decision makers to develop Transformation Logic.
- Developed and documented the transformation logic for Data ETL.
- Played a crucial role throughout the whole ETL process of data mapping (fields match), cleansing, standardization and implementations.
- Conducted data mapping analysis, gap analysis and data verification between the Source Databases and Target Database based on requirement analysis for data integration
- Worked with the Data Warehouse development team to identify business objects and their attributes and relationships.
- Used SQL queries for testing and data validation in the data warehouse.
- Gathered Business Requirements by interacting with the users, designers, developers, project manager and SME's to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Conducted Functional requirement specification reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Involved with Quality Assurance team to develop and design Test Plan and Test Cases.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Executive Initiatives & Special Projects Associate
- Promoted to positions of increasing authority and responsibility due to exemplary performance and outstanding project management abilities.
- Supported the development of the organization’s five-year strategic plan by providing strategic thinking around department growth, board governance and cross-departmental communication.
- Spearheaded the annual executive office planning process through the design of appropriate programmatic goals, annual budget and professional growth benchmarks by analyzing past performance and budget to actual reports.
- Conducted a meticulous review of nonprofit best practices to identify opportunities for growth and improvement including implementing a board self-assessment survey, code of ethics policy and expectations/responsibilities document.
- Supervised the cross- operations coordinator and managed the organization’s intern program while monitoring for maximized productivity and efficiency.
Executive Office Coordinator
- Devised and oversaw the organization’s first internal board intranet portal in collaboration with the internal knowledge management coalition.
- Organized and managed the development of the biannual board book, partnering with five senior-level executives to strategize and communicate priority messaging to the organization’s Board of Directors.
- Refined workflow processes, making it possible to accommodate increasing responsibilities with less workforce.
- Ensured office operations ran smoothly with meticulous supervision.