- Over 6 years of experience as a Business Analyst, with extensive experience of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile and Waterfall methodology for various web - based and Windows Applications, across Insurance, Healthcare and E-Commerce industries.
- Extensive experience as a Business Process Analyst. Experience with working through all phases of SDLC: Analysis, Requirements, Design, SIT, UAT and Implementation, as well as thorough with the User Story Lifecycle.
- Extensive experience in understanding as-is processes, and illustrating them through process flow diagrams and working with SMEs to create alternative business processes.
- Expert in creating wireframes and process-flows using Visio. Used these tools effectively to create a more developed functional requirements document.
- Expert at creating Use Cases and Scenarios to determine all facets of a business change and its effects on the system.
- E xperience spearheading and implementing projects using the Agile Scrum Delivery Framework, and standard SDLC practices.
- Extensive experience in defining project scope and project budget planning, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis.
- Experience in facilitating JAD sessions and working with high profile Business Sponsors and SMEs.
- Experience with creating Business Requirement Documents and Functional Requirement Documents and presenting them to the Business for approval and feedback.
- Work with the QA teams on Test plan walk-through, ensure bugs are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Experience in validating data in different tables using SQL queries.
- Led software project development teams to on-time quality results using both Scrum and Kanban.
- Can create excellent working relationships with the Business Leads, understand their needs, urgencies and communicate effectively with the IT group.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work either independently or in a team.
Confidential - Glenview, IL
IT Business Analyst
- Gathered requirements and assembled Project Initiation Plan including identified project goals and critical success factor from Business Cases, the Terms of Reference, the project tolerances and the Project plan.
- Developed a Requirements Traceability Matrix recording the requirements through each stage of requirements gathering process.
- Carried out Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) to avoid any catastrophic transition implementations.
- Gathered requirements per the SDLC using Waterfall methodology.
- Created and Presented BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) to document the business need and create estimates for each requirement by working with the vendor and technical team.
- Created FRDs (Functional Requirement Documents) with detailed Use Case, mock-ups and wireframes for the requirements selected for the release.
- Assisted Project Manager with executing project objectives, including follow-up reports.
- Organized customer meeting sessions to define application scope and performed Gap analysis to come up with application boundaries.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the life cycle of the project and worked closely with the development team to communicate the client requirements.
- Responsible for various deliverables throughout the SDLC from process flow diagrams to mock-ups and wireframes.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the project.
- Identified UAT scenarios, created UAT test cases, executed tests and confirmed results against business requirements.
Confidential - Deerfield, IL
- Used the Agile (Scrum) methodology to carry out every step of the business modeling process.
- Identified and documented business processes to define high level model.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to gather business requirements and discuss possible solutions, documenting them into a Business Requirements Document and translating into Functional Requirements Document as well as User Stories.
- Worked with Product Owner to prioritize requirements (based on User Stories) by Sprints, as the higher priority requirements would be implemented in the earlier sprints followed by lower priority requirements.
- Used JIRA to Track User Stories/ Requirements and other deliverables in the project.
- Organized workshops with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to obtain domain level information.
- Gathered Functional and Data Requirements, analyzed workflows and created Requirement Specifications, Report Specifications, Data Requirements, Data Mapping and High Level Flow diagrams.
- Elicited demands from the stakeholders and analyzed them for consistency, flexibility and completeness.
- Documented user stories, while describing the behavior of the system and modeled them in Visio.
- Created mock ups for user stories and demos for the business.
- Worked on data analysis with pivot tables and v look ups using Microsoft Excel.
- Dedicated a good portion of the time with the QA team in front end, back end and regression testing.
- Worked with the compliance team to validate that requirements are HIPAA compliant.
- Worked to organize the sequential sprint backlogs and deployments as per defined priority.
- Took part and participated in daily SCRUM Standup meetings.
- Managed requirements churn and worked with business to ensure that requirement changes are captured and completed before code freeze for sprints.
- Conducted Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) and subsequent Demo for the IT team in Sprint Review Meeting.
- Conducted the functionality demo for the business when delivering the sprint items.
- Mobile Point of Sales
- Gather requirements from the business about the high level functionality of the application.
- Created mock ups to break down into detailed functionality screen wise.
- Created business rules.
- For the mobile UI, worked with the user experience team and reviewed the interface with the business.
- Oversaw SIT and helped business in UAT.
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements and analyzed the requirements.
- Conducted JAD session with Stakeholders, users, vendor and SME’s, Project Directors for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Documented High Level Logical Data Models and BRD, FSD and NFRD supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan.
- Created Use-Case diagram, Sequence Diagram and Activity Diagram after accessing the scope of the Project and understanding the business processes.
- Modeled the AS-IS system and performed GAP Analysis for the existing system to map it to the To-Be system.
- Worked closely with the UI team to model the screens, which met user defined requirements, organizational and regulatory standards.
- Create tasks and update tasks in the MS Project and Project Management Directory for the senior management reviews.
- Coordinated the process for users, which analyzed their current business practices, user, needs, and then used that information to define functional requirements and Request for Proposal (RFP) for a new system.
- Documented Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM) in Requisite Pro for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Coordinated with the PMO group in defining timelines & schedules for the project.
- Communicated status of efforts to management and business partners on a regular basis to ensure that all stakeholders have accurate and current information throughout the process.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and business users, fixed the discovered errors and verified it through regression testing
- Served as the primary point of contact between business and technical staff at all levels
Confidential - Warrenville, IL
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, performing Gap analysis and documenting them.
- Monitored client expectations and conducted user interviews. Interacted with SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Analyzed new Business Requirements and prepared various project artifacts/deliverables like BRD, FRD, Sequence diagrams, ERD, and Class diagrams.
- Communicated changes to requirements promptly and precisely to all personnel involved.
- Identified and clearly defined functional issues and supported IT development staff throughout the design, development, and implementation phases of the SDLC.
- Created test cases to check the functionality of Application. Successfully implemented the change request and defect tracking Using HP Quality Center for utilization by the developers and the QA Team
- Requirement gathering by fixing up stake holder meetings and end user meetings for requirement elicitation
- Captured process flows using MS Visio.
- Facilitating between the teams and giving knowledge transfer sessions.
- Coordinating between the business team and technical team.
- Engage in extensive communication with the client to get clarifications for the team.
- Helped with acceptance testing and bug logging.
- Continuous co-ordination with the team for knowledge transfer and clarifications and doubts.
- Help facilitate to gather configuration requirements of My Chart.
- Created change requests during development and QA.
- Conducted demos for the business users and assisted with UAT.
Confidential - Ada, MI
E- Commerce Business Analyst
- Worked on projects following Waterfall Methodology and Hybrid models based on client needs.
- Conducted GAP analysis to regulate the gaps in the requirements and conveyed to various modules of the project.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Facilitated collection of business requirements from business users and preparation of business requirement documents
- Conducting requirement sessions and successfully translating of those requirements into Use Cases and GUI wireframes.
- Played a pivotal role in JAD sessions helping to develop detailed solutions and documented the Functional and System specification requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document, Process Flows and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Conducted risk analysis with project team to identify potential risk associated with development of the patches and created risk response document mitigate the risk.
- Prepared master test plan and test cases to support quality assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts.
- Worked as a liaison between the end users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential Functional Requirements, and Non-Functional Requirements (NFR) to ensure that critical requirements are not missed.
- Extensively interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans, Providing Test Data, Creating Test Cases, and Issuing MR upon detection of bugs and collecting the Test Metrics.