- Strong Experience as Business System Analyst and Business Analyst within agile environment as well as Waterfall environment of software development.
- Experience working on Master Data Management Solution (MDM) to create one centralized product repository to be used by all downstream systems to avoid several pitfalls such as duplication/redundant information.
- Experience Tested mapping for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data using MDM/ Informatica ETL Tool.
- Clear understanding of all phases of the SDLC, ITIL, Project Management, Vendor Management and translating business processes to system functions.
- Experience in TSQL programming in creating stored procedures, triggers, views and user defined functions on SQL 2012 Servers.
- Led development and documentation of data governance policy and procedures as well as Stewardship inventory and control set up processes for MDM projects
- Provided Business Intelligence solutions, specifically the creation of Reports, Dashboards, Framework Models and Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Knowledge in Planning, Designing, developing and deploying Data warehouses / Data Marts with experience of both relational & multidimensional database design using Data Modeling tool Erwin (Physical and Logical data models)
- Extensively involved in MDM to help the organization with strategic decision making and process improvements. (Streamline data sharing among personnel and departments).
- Extensive knowledge, expertise and involvement in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Scrum, Agile and Scrum - Waterfall Hybrid software development life cycle environments
- Experience in performing Gap analysis by identifying the existing business processes/ technologies, and documenting the enhancements needed to meet the end-state requirements using Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
- The data warehouse serves as a repository of historical data pertaining to day-to-day operations and provides critical insight into various trends related to operations and risks.
- Experience in the analysis, design, and implementation of dashboards, scorecards, and report development using OLAP tools for BI applications.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, cost benefit analysis, Risk Analysis and ROI analysis.
- Extensive experience in testing and implementing Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from multiple sources into Data warehouse using MDM/ Informatica, Data Stage
- Involve in MDM Process including data modeling, ETL process, and prepared data mapping documents based on graph requirements.
- Outstanding experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and White Board Sessions with end-users, Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) team, Architects, design group development and QA teams for project meetings, walkthroughs and customer interviews commensurate with excellent communication skills.
- Extensive experience in Tracking, Documenting, Capturing, Managing and communicating the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), and helping teams across the deliverables of a project.
- Competent in creating Unified Modeling Language diagrams such as use case diagrams, class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, wire frames and collaboration diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Experience in creating and maintaining the Requirements definition documents that included Business requirements and Functional requirements.
- Experience in writing automated test scripts and test procedures. Expert in creating the Test data and Test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Dexterous in documenting Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), Use Cases, Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs), Systems Design Specifications, Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS), QA methodology, Data Modeling, Process flows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams (Use Case, Process Flow, Class, Activity and Sequence).
- Facilitate various Scrum Ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Refinement meeting.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, MS Dos, MAC OSX
Languages: C#, SQL, HTML, XML, Familiar with .NET
Database: MDM Informatica 6.1, 7.1, 8.1, 8.6.1, Ab Initio, P Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, MS - Access, ETL, T-SQL
Testing: Quality center, JIRA, ALM, Load Runner, HP QC.
Project Methodologies: Joint Application Development (JAD), Agile, RAD, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Unified
Modeling Language (UML)Tools: SAS, SAS/Macros, Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Quest), Test Manager, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, SharePoint, Congo s, Test Director, DOORS, Tableau, Requisite Pro, TOAD, JIRA, Microsoft SSRS, Photoshop, Share point, Microsoft Visual Studio, RALLY
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
Business System Analyst
- Participated on the daily scrum meeting to report status, collected user stores to support scrum development.
- Used the Agile (Scrum) methodology for Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) guidelines to carry out every step of the business modeling process.
- Conducted the current state analysis for the ITIL implementation.
- Worked with Data Warehouse Extract and load developers to design mappings for Data Capture, Staging, Cleansing, Loading, and Auditing.
- Provided a critical layer between the business, Business Intelligence and Analytics, and Information Technology teams with responsibility to gather, analyze, evaluate, and document the business, functional, technical, security, performance, training and data mapping requirements needed to effectively deliver analytics and reporting training.
- Ensured the delivery teams are practicing core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility for planned releases.
- Coordinated with Business Partners and Information Technology Application Groups to define
- Developed a comprehensive assessment of data management requirements
- Compiled data and perform associated data analysis and/or create special reports
- TSQL programming in creating stored procedures, triggers, views and user defined functions on SQL 2012 Servers.
- Extensively involved in MDM to help the organization with strategic decision making and process improvements. (streamline data sharing among personnel and departments)
- Gathered and documented MDM application, conversion and integration requirements.
- Identified process bottlenecks and improvement opportunities. Develop To-Be/Should BPMN process models.
- Lead the Change Management function and is responsible for the adequate skill levels and performance of the assigned staff members.
- Backend Data validation through SQL queries. Merge tables and created views to support reporting requests using SQL Server.
- Developed system workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams (DFD), use cases and create storyboard diagrams and wireframes.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to elicit, analyze, document functional requirements to meet project needs.
- Performed SQL programming on both Access and SQL-Server Database.
- Documented use cases created use case diagrams that described the behavior of the system and modeled them in Rational Rose.
- Facilitated the design and mapping of data conversion strategies, Documents, tracks, and resolves issues related to data quality.
- Implemented Agile and Waterfall methodologies for SDLC.
- Involved in various testing phases like Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, Validation Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Parallel Testing, Performance Testing and Regression Testing. Used JIRA and Quality center for managing all defects.
- Logged Defects in HP ALM and JIRA for various internal and external teams.
Confidential - Chevy Chase, MD
Business System Analyst
- Instructed and modeled core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise
- Use ITIL process and KPI tools to monitor and measure process and enhancements.
- Planned and defined system requirements created UML diagrams and provided use case for different scenarios.
- Based on documentation generated different data model for the Data Warehouse and worked on Data mapping/Data profiling & create hierarchy as per business requirements.
- Maintained project documentation in Confluence.
- Supported the Business Intelligence team with the design and visualization of data and report.
- Extensively used various Base SAS procedures like Proc SQL, Proc Datasets, Proc Format, Proc Print and Proc sort.
- Prepared of user-stories for team estimation activity (grooming), user story decomposition, transfer a brief description of user-story into more detailed requirements of task for developers
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including GAP Analysis
- Created and maintained data model/architecture standards, including master data management (MDM)
- Designed summary of database for Data management to investigate the root cause of the issues to improve process
- Extracted data from Oracle, using SQL pass through facility of SAS/ ACCESS, for further analysis.
- Involved in periodic Performance Tuning and Unit Testing of the PL/SQL code by using appropriate joins, indexes, and partitions
- Developed logical/physical data models in Erwin across different subject areas based on the specifications and established referential integrity of the system.
- Responsible for analyzing various data sources such as flat files and Relational Data from various Heterogeneous data sources.
- Monitored the loads using MDM/ Informatica power center workflow manager
- Was responsible for creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
- Involved in writing PL/SQL packages, procedures, and functions.
- Assisted in promotion of MDM/ Informatica code and UNIX Shell scripts from UAT to Production.
- Created SQL scripts to find data quality issues and to identify keys, data anomalies, and data validation issues.
- Created Test Cases manually for Functional Testing based on Functional areas and Use Case Documents
- Logged Defects and perform Defect Lifecycle on Quality Center/ALM
- Retrieved the required data from the database using SQL for analyzing and updating the data.
- Created mappings in Informatica to load the data into ADW as per the requirements from technical design document.
- Performed UAT testing coordinating with QA, Developers, and SMEs and actively involved in Production phase testing.
Confidential - New York, NY
- Conducted meetings and joint sessions (JAD) with Business Stakeholders to gather and analyze the business requirements
- Conducted interviews and facilitate requirements gathering, process analysis, and application design sessions with company staff across all levels and functions.
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis including data analysis and gap analysis. Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Analyzed the Business and System Requirements of the application. Interacted with user groups to derive the functional requirements.
- Worked with Scrum Master, Product Manager, Agile coach and development teams throughout planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of feature product releases.
- Involved in attending workshops and knowledge transfer sessions to gain familiarity and experience on business processes and models.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate the data loaded into Data warehouse and Data Mart tables using MDM/ Informatica.
- Successfully developed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Created documents like the Business Glossary to facilitate the other teams in understanding client business.
- Prepared required regulatory reports which show the progress on the collection reporting and analysis.
- Used Query Analyzer, Execution Plan to optimize SQL Queries.
- Worked with internal and external customers to customize and design dashboards and visual analytics for all operating groups utilizing Tableau Software.
- Extracted data from business intelligence system and generate reports for planning/MDM, manufacturing and other areas of the supply chain.
- Created data flow diagrams, data mapping from Source to stage and Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Used DOORS to create and document Business Requirements and created link sets to link business requirements document to the scope document and functional specs document.
- Worked with Data Flows, Data Architecture and Data Dictionary to keep track of the changes.
- Experienced in query optimizations and performance tuning of the SQL Server Stored procedures.
- Used SQL Queries in Oracle to pull out data from the databases for the data validation and routine report generation.
- Logged issues in JIRA and monitored resolution to completion
- Performed in depth analysis of data & prepared periodic reports using MS Excel and SQL.
- Developed SQLs for Extracting data from database and built data structures, reports.
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
- Performed Requirement Analysis and developed UML Use Cases, Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to understand the requirements.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with business owners, business system owners, development team, and the testing team.
- Created Use-Cases, Wireframes and State Diagrams to demonstrate software architecture and interaction of system components before prototyping.
- Working with technical developers to ensure they understand all aspects of the requirements, including assisting with the logical data modelling.
- Accurately identified the business information that must be contained in the EDW (Enterprise Data warehouse).
- Involved in business requirement elicitation meetings with the users of the intended application to understand the required functionalities that the application would need to fulfill, to satisfy the client needs. Review and verify UAT and PROD setups and update the UAT/PROD checklist.
- Worked with reporting teams to communicate reporting, tagging and data requirements for the mobile application.
- Attended weekly status meetings and represented the MDM Data platform
- Worked with upstream application teams to understand source data to effectively arrive at required data transformation rules.
- Conducted Requirement analysis and data profiling to ensure that the designated warehouse data points would satisfy the ultimate functionalities of the application.
- Conducted walkthroughs of the documented requirements for business sign-off.
- Was responsible for communicating the signed off requirements to development and quality assurance teams for code design and functional test phases.
- Was responsible for driving discussions during times of ambiguity around system design from a requirements perspective.
- Assisted to ensure all test scenarios that should be validated where made available to the project quality assurance committee.
- Analyzed the existing claims process and specific business rule logic will be applied in the requirement model.
- Involved in creating business processes and modeling diagrams using Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Requirement Document Specifications using Visible Analyst.
- Performed extensive data modeling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models.
- Designed the UI of the application, prototyping and wire framing in MS Visio for better illustration of the application.
- Facilitated defect review meeting involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and confirm to deadlines.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Created Business Requirements Document (BRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Coordinated and conducted elicitation techniques like JAD sessions, interviews and walk through sessions involving stakeholders, Product owner and technical team.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Liaised with all the stakeholders at all levels and worked closely with teams of developers, testers and product control throughout the entire development life cycle to establish business rules and to ensure a quality product is delivered and ensure alignment with development teams.
- Developed user stories, use cases, functional and non-functional documents.
- Represented the business requirements through user stories, use cases, Entity relationship diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Authorized Data Flow diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, use case diagrams, ER models and Business Process models with special detail to Sub-Processes using UML.
- Assisted in modeling UI wireframes, mockups and documenting the end-user's AS-IS workflow and TO-BE business processes
- Created team specific Agile process flow in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another
- Coordinated and tracking all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA
- Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress with the aid of Burn down charts.
- Used MS Visio for process flow diagrams for identifying the gaps in the process.
- Collaborated with Product Owner in backlog refinement and prioritizing.
- Coordinated with project stakeholders to track the progress of the project, update status and lead review meeting to ensure that schedules and deliverables are met.
- Worked with SQL queries to extract application data to perform application validations.
- Created validation rules and provided verbiage to technical team for database validation.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plans and for User Acceptance Testing.
Confidential - Albany, NY
- Used Agile scrum for the requirement documents preparation & prepared business process models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Facilitated Joint Application development (JAD) sessions for requirement gathering.
- Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing portfolio managers.
- Documented procedures for data processing and prepared data flow diagrams for the application.
- Responsible for sitting down with product owner and team members to analyze dashboards and analytical reporting requirements.
- Hosted daily stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, demo for completed stories and retrospective.
- Discussed with team members for new requirements and how to implement it in ongoing process.
- Responsible for any issues on client side regarding any production via company's portal.
- Coordination with business stakeholders, vendors (onshore & offshore) and cross-functional IT to attain project goals.
- Communicated and interacted with both IT team and QA team to clarify and provide information on validating and testing the requirements specifications.
- Involved with the Project Manager (PM) for the initial development of project plan, milestones and management of deliverables.
- Created reports for business analysis purposes using SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Contributed in defect tracking and logging for quality assurance and future maintenance purposes
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report/ data validation.
- Used JIRA for writing epic, user stories with acceptance criteria or user stories with use cases, used confluence for upload documents.
- Updated the requirement and defect status as per the current status of the testing project.
- Wrote clearly and communicate information and ideas scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Reviewed test plans, test cases, test case execution using specification documents.
- Understood and articulated business requirements and rules from user interviews and then converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Worked on solving tickets from client and communicate with technical team as required.
- Oversaw Development and QA progress on each project to ensure requirements were precisely reflected in the software
- Performed User Acceptance Testing and worked on log, track, escalate and verify defects in JIRA, bug-tracking tool