- Proficient, detail - oriented, result-driven Business Systems Analyst for various projects from conceptualization to implementation with around 8 years of experience in Healthcare and Healthcare Insurance domains with focus on Business Analysis, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and Business Process Reengineering (BPR) to create value for various businesses and clients by delivering quality software systems, and proven skills in project coordination and infrastructure management in fast paced dynamic environments.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies like Scrum and hybrid methodologies like Water-Scrum-fall methodology along with Extreme Programming (XP), Spiral, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Kanban and Large Scaled Scrum (LeSS).
- Excellent in business, analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently communicate with Developers, Architects, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Stakeholders, Testing team and Senior Executives.
- Vigorously experienced in Medicare and Medicaid domains of the healthcare systems and industries for the inpatients, outpatients, Reimbursement Methodologies and Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS).
- Extensive working knowledge about concepts of Healthcare domain such as HIPAA (4010 and 5010), FDA regulations and guidelines along with CHIP, HEDIS measures, Health insurance coverage, EOB, CMS, HMO, PPO, POS, EDI, ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM code conversions, FACETS configuration tools, EHR, EDI standards (834, 835, 837, 270/271 and 276/277), Patient monitoring devices, Healthcare Clearing House, CRM and KPI tracking.
- Skilled in eliciting requirements from business owners and stakeholders through a variety of elicitation techniques such as Brainstorming, JAD sessions, Requirement workshops, Interviews, Survey/Questionnaire, Document Analysis and Focus groups and articulating requirements and converting requirements into technical specifications.
- Performed multiple feasibility studies, Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA), Risk Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, SWOT Analysis, ROI Analysis and Impact Analysis to find the needs of a project and execution of the business decisions
- Possess an in depth understanding of GAP Analysis and defined the As-Is and To-Be business processes to help the organization with designing the new system and collaborated with SME’s to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Proficient in authoring Project Charters, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software Design Specification (SDS), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)s and RACI matrix thereby having a broad knowledge on deliverables at various stages of different processes.
- Competent in supporting the Product owner to define Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Definition of Done (DoD), and writing Acceptance Criteria for user stories and tasks. Worked in Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance-Test Driven Development (ATDD), Continuous Integration and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) environments and developed Feature Files with high level description in Given-When-Then format (Gherkin format) using Cucumber.
- Designed High Fidelity and Low Fidelity mockups and wireframes for the requirements to get visual and GUI, and well familiarized with Use Case design, use case analysis and scenarios, Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN), Workflow diagrams along with behavioral Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity and Use Case diagrams, and interaction UML diagrams such as the Sequence diagrams and the Timing diagrams.
- Vigorously used various modeling tools like the MS Visio, Star UML, Balsamiq Mockup and gained experienced with interactive & collaborative tools like Confluence and SharePoint to improve team’s communication thus promoting teamwork.
- Proficient in retrieving data and data validation using SQL queries like Joins, Views, Sub queries and Aggregate functions like max, min, sum, and average with good understanding of Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Insight and knowledge of Data warehousing, ETL process, Data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau and Power BI to drive operational intelligence. Strong acquaintance of implementing Databases, ODS, Data marts, Data Analysis, Data integration, Schemas, OLTP and OLAP operations like Drill down, Roll Up, Slicing and Dicing.
- Prepared various reports like summary, matrix, Pie charts, dashboards and graphics to report and assist managers and key stakeholders for better and efficient utilization of salesforce Customer Relationship Management tool as a sales improvement.
- Solid knowledge of the Three-Tier Architecture, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational State Transfer (REST), Extensible Markup Language (XML), along with special requirements that can be conveyed to the Development/UX team through prototypes.
- Experienced in Application Program Interface ( API) testing using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API response data is in JSON or XML format as required by workflow to resolve discrepancies and used Swagger for API documentation.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing platforms, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS), products like AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon VPC, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Cognito, AWS Redshift, Amazon QuickSight.
- Liaised with QA team to design & implement Test plans, Test cases and performed Black-box Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing & Performance Testing.
- Facilitated the test processes by using life cycle (STLC) and bug tracking tools like HP ALM, JIRA-Zephyr and the Bugzilla.
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio (v.14, 15, 16), Balsamiq Mockups, Lucid Chart
BI/Reporting/Visualization Tools: Tableau (v. 9.3, 10.0, 10.1), MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) (2010, 2013, 2016)SSRS, SSIS, Prezi Business
API Testing/Documentation Tools: Postman (v.3, 4, 5, 6), SoapUI, Swagger (v.2.0, 3.0)
Statistical Tools: SAS, Minitab
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce
Databases and ETL Tools: MS SQL Server (2012, 2014), My SQL, Informatica Power Center (v. 9.5, 9.6.1) and Cloud
Data warehousing: Data Marts, Data Modeling, ETL
Project Management Tools: JIRA (v.6.3, 7.0), HP ALM (v.11.5), HP-QC (v.11, 12), MS Project (2010, 2013), MS SharePoint (2010, 2013), Confluence (v.6.4, 6.3, 6.2), Cucumber (v3.0)
Confidential, Danville, PA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for Business Analysis, gathered Business Requirements from Business Clients, SMEs, Stakeholders and IT partners through Brainstorming sessions, performed extensive document review to develop an in depth understanding of business processes, IoT implementation, Customer behavior, and used Prezi Business Presentations to facilitate requirement validation during Joint Application Design (JAD)/Joint Application Requirements (JAR) sessions.
- Performed Document Analysis and GAP Analysis by understanding the As-Is business process and then collaborated with the team to design the To-Be system and defined navigation path using Clickstream Activity and created Process Flow Diagram (PFD).
- Reviewed and analyzed the HIPAA compliances and guidelines pertaining to FDA class 1, class 2 and PHI/PGHD to develop and enable Device Authentication feature to make the rules and regulation of device integration clear and responsive.
- Assisted in practices such as Behavior Driven Development (BDD) by writing test cases in Gherkins using Cucumber.
- Utilized Balsamiq Mockups to create mockups, low and high-fidelity wireframes, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams and worked closely with the compliance team to ensure that requirements were in accordance to HIPAA.
- Maintained the Product Backlog Items (PBIs) and defects by prioritizing and tracking the user requirements and Requirement Traceability using JIRA, and also formulated various charts, reports, dashboards using Tableau.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies and assisted the Product owner in writing the Acceptance Criteria in Gherkins format, and extensively used JIRA for converting requirements to user stories and helped in framing Definition of Done (DoD).
- Helped the data analyst to ingest the data by identifying the clinical data which is stored in different types of Relational Databases (RDBs) into the target Datawarehouse using Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
- Analyzed the HIPAA compliances and FDA regulations to help the developers in building a system for prescription drug monitoring and migrating the clinical data from ICD-9 to ICD-10 thereby to identify the usage percentage of the opioid drug.
- Collaborated and helped the team to record and evaluate configurations of AWS in order to assess, audit and evaluate the resources.
- Wrote and implemented SQL queries. Used functions like joins, unions, outer joins, group by, order by and aggregate functions to extract data from the listed sources for the purpose of storage in the Amazon Simple Storage Service buckets (S3 Buckets).
- Helped the team in implementing ETL process using AWS glue and to perform OLAP operations so that the clinical data will be analyzed to get the information about usage of hospital resources, transitions of care and comprehensive assessment of diseases.
- Implemented an authorization code for the intermediary device to give access for device integration through various applets and implemented the Web Application Firewall (WAF) for the same to deny access to the systems according to FDA class 1 and class 2 guidelines and denying the access to the fraudulent end users and blocked accounts keeping the authorization system secure.
- Performed API testing using Postman to check if the API's are returning desired format as defined and required by the workflow.
- Created test cases for manual testing in Integration testing, System testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Helped the organization by collaborating with User Experience (UX) to analyze the interface by updating the PM and PO with monthly request reports by developing working wireframes prototypes using Balsamiq Mockups.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Amazon Web Services, API Gateway, Postman, Balsamiq Mockups, Jira (v.7.0), Confluence (v.6.4), Swagger, Tableau, Microsoft MySQL Server Management Studio, Cucumber (v.3.0)
Confidential, Syracuse, NY
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered end user business requirements through Interviews, Surveys, and observing from current process of teaming through advisory group and product owners, validated UI needs and translated them into user stories.
- Participated in Business Modeling by documenting the needs of the Business and designed a new matrix covering all the conceptual parameters of the new system and then track the matrix back to the requirements of the business new processes.
- Extensively involved in gaining knowledge of relevant cross-industry data and messaging standard organizations, and HIPAA and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) industry specific organizations to maintain a point of view as to the current applicability and risk associated in implementing standards for patients having Medicare and Medicaid services.
- Created As-Is process workflow and To-Be process in MS Visio and conducted GAP analysis for projects.
- Analyzed and prioritized User Stories and Acceptance Criteria that must be included while developing the software.
- Created and updated data extensions, filtered data extensions and, wrote SQL queries inside of SFMC to import or export data between data extension and email campaigns. Generated reports based on the Salesforce application platform for evaluation.
- Developed a mobile application in Salesforce to track risk exposure and develop reports pertaining to blocked accounts.
- Created UML diagrams, Use-case diagrams and sequence diagrams to view the system in an understandable perspective for the stakeholders using MS Visio and created a working prototype in Balsamiq to gain an insight for the same.
- Helped in defining Lambda functions for seamless computing and integration with each addition of new data to Amazon S3 Buckets (Simple Storage Service) and the AWS Redshift data warehouse.
- Assisted the Product owner in reviewing the development of user stories according to the Acceptance Criteria in the sprint review meeting for the respective demos.
- Developed design graphics, buttons and visually pleasing landing pages for the enterprise’s website ensuring all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice to increase the effectiveness of marketing to increase sales, retention, and create a unified brand experience.
- Performed XML and JSON RESTful API documentation, and specification for request and response messages using Postman.
- Created user stories and managed defect lifecycle in the HP ALM and JIRA tool and automated tests with Zephyr Plug in.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Marketing cloud, SaaS, PaaS, JIRA (v.7.0), MS Visio (v.16), SQL, HTML, XML, Balsamiq, MS Office 2016, Tableau (v.10.1), Informatica PowerCenter (v.9.6.1)
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked as a primary liaison between business partners and clients and conducted Impact analysis of the current implemented functionality with the To-Be business processes to provide recommendations and finalize business requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to focus on requirements gathering by conducting Questionnaires, Requirement workshops and Interface analysis along with other techniques like Interviews and Observations.
- Worked with Business users to create UML diagrams like use case, sequence and activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Used Jira to create issues and logs, configure work request template, change request template and problem request template for the users to interact and communicate their requirements and problems in an efficient and interactive manner.
- Helped the organization in documenting the best practices for Healthcare and systems information management.
- Identified, Integrated and analyzed various data sources like Flat files, RDBS to the OLAP using Informatica and performed Data Verification, Validity and Normalization in the process of maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of data.
- Helped the team in implementing OLAP operations such as Slice, Dice, Rollup, Drill Down, Pivot and gained knowledge on different schemas like Star, Snowflake, Constellation and their respective favorable situations to use.
- Data cleansing and data mapping were done for validating the database structures and perform OLAP operations accordingly.
- Coordinated with UAT team and provided technical assistance in planning and implementing Test Schedules. Worked with Application Development Team on Test Issues and conducted daily status meetings with Development and User Team during UAT.
- Created various Reports & Dashboards with Tableau to create reports according to user requirements.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, MS Office Suite 2013, Tableau (v.10.0), Informatica PowerCenter v.9.x, MS Visio, Jira (v.7.0), HP ALM (v.11.5), MS SQL server
- Elicited requirements using techniques like Interviews, document analysis and JAD sessions and analyzed requirements.
- Conducted Gap analysis (As-Is to To-Be) to document requirements for existing system enhancements. Created Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track issues.
- Worked on GUI development by creating mockups to review requirements, provide feedback on the screen design using MS Visio.
- Conducted testing before data migration and ETL jobs along with creation of fact and dimension tables for dimensional modeling.
- Performed rollup and drill down operations as a part of OLAP data warehouses to present data in required format to the stakeholders.
- Normalized the data to fit into various fact and dimension tables of snowflake schema for higher data storage efficiency.
- Made use of Informatica PowerCenter (IPC) to extract data, apply transformations and load data into the target repositories.
- Coordinated with the testing team during the formulation of Test Plan and Test Cases for Functional, System Integration, UAT and Regression Testing based on Design Document, User Requirement Document for the Functional and Performance Testing.
- Created visualizations such as reports, graphs, dashboards using Power BI tool to report to the key stakeholders from time-time.
- Acted as scribe by involving in JAD sessions with stakeholders, subject matter experts (SME), end-users, software architects and developers to work out requirements definition and software system design methodology.
- Designed and developed UML Diagrams including Use Case, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked with QA and Dev elopment teams through all test phases to document test cases for specific business requirements. Performed UAT.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, MS word, MS Access, SQL Server 2012, Informatica PowerCenter (v.9.6.1), MS Office Suite 2013, MS Visio (v.15), Power BI
- Gathered end user business requirements through Interviews, Surveys and conducted Document Analysis, also leaded various Focus Groups to elicit the various Functional and Non-Functional requirements to understand the Stakeholders vision.
- Created the Concept Proposal (CP) Document to realize and make a note of high-level Vision and Mission statements.
- Identified the various Goals, Milestones, Scope, Constraints and documented the Project Charter (PC), created the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Conducted the Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), Market Research, Feasibility Study, Risk Analysis and efficiently documented and communicated the Analysis Report with all the Business Stakeholders.
- Assisted Sr. Business Systems Analyst to create the Requirement Documents such as Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) and System Requirements specifications (SRS).
- Collaborated with the development team and communicated the Data Requirements and further assisted them in creating a Data Requirement Sheet.
- Responsible for managing the Change Requests by creating a Change Management Document. Baselined the iterative versions of the Change Management Document by getting an approval from the Change Approval Board (CAB).
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created a Deployment Plan by closely analyzing the characteristics of the Production Environment and seen the project to “Go-Live”.
Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Worked in Waterfall Methodology and extensively involved in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) phases, Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Case Development, Environment setup, Test Execution and Test cycle closure.
- Defined Entry and Exit criteria for all the STLC phases and prepared the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) artifact.
- Studied the requirement from testing point of view to identify the testable requirements by interacting with various stakeholders.
- Identified test requirements from specifications, mapped test case requirements and designed test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts using HP QC and actively involved in Defect Life Cycle Management and assisted in creating Issue logs.
- Executed and evaluated GUI Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Identified potential quality issues as per defined process and escalated quality issues immediately to the management using Prezi Business Presentations.
Environment: Waterfall model, HTML, CSS, SharePoint 2010, SQL, SWOT, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010, HP QC (v.11), Prezi Business, Confluence (v.6.2)