- Sr. Business Analyst/ Consultant with diverse experience in working with government consulting, financial, healthcare, and mortgage industries. Extensive experience in gathering and defining business requirements, facilitation of meetings, identifying risks, business process documentation, developing business requirement document (BRD), Functional/Software/User Requirement Specifications document, user story, use cases, Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Strong skills in all aspect of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), CMMI best practice, System Development Methodologies and QA Test methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and skills in Agile - SCRUM, Waterfall Development Model, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Object Oriented Analysis, Business Process and Test Lifecycle.
- Expertise in facilitating and coordinating Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Requirement sessions (JAR) with exceptional inter-personal and conflict resolving skills.
- Work extensively with the team to meet the business requirements, create prototypes, and analyze workflow.
- Strong analytical ability during Functional Testing, Regression Testing and UAT Testing. Strong written and oral communication skills, with the capability to present and articulate complex concepts.
Business Modeling Tools/ Requirement Management Tools: JIRA, MS VISIO, DrawIO
Applications: MS Office Suite, SharePoint, SalesForce, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop
508 Compliance Tools: JAWS. WAVE
Databases: SQL Server, SQL, Oracle
Operating System: Windows, UNIX
Languages: JAVA, SQL, SAS
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Business System Analyst/ Consultant
- Act as a liaison and facilitator between client and the software development team for requirement clarification
- Interpret and analyze client business needs, translating them into functional requirements
- Consult with Product Owners and team members to define and articulate the business problem and developing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Conducted story selection, sizing and tasking, established high level requirements and translated those comprehensive business requirements into specified functional requirements.
- Analyze requirements, write user story with acceptance criteria and manage tickets in JIRA.
- Conduct sprint planning based on new and backlogged requirements
- Perform backlog grooming in maintaining/updating product backlog
- Gather requirements and prepare Use Cases by interviewing Subject Matter Expert and End-Users.
- Conduct GAP Analysis to understand the deficiency of the existing application.
- Work with the Project Manager in the development of weekly and monthly status reports.
- Involve in planning, prioritization, change management, and close out of the project.
- Assign tasks among development team: Monitored and tracked progress of projects following agile methodology.
- Assist QA team with reviews on Test Cases, test results and reported bugs/issue
- Author Business Requirements Document with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and SME’s.
- Interface with business owners and SME’s to finalize Activity Diagrams.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Lead to develop detailed Test Plan and Test Cases.
Environment: Jenkins, CMMI, JAWS, WAVE, MS Visio, UML, SharePoint, Oracle, J2EE, SQL, MS Office, JIRA
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Managed and documented risks, change requests, and issues and escalated when required.
- Performed Gap Analysis by identifying existing technologies documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements. Also responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS)
- Created and verified user stories and use case specifications with activity diagrams
- Facilitated resolution and communication of cross-functional team on issues and decisions
- Participated in peer reviews of functional specifications, application previews, and test plans/test cases
- Performed Gap Analysis of existing system to identify drawbacks, bottlenecks, and improvements
- Worked closely with the QA team and Developers to clarify and understand functionality, resolve issues, and provide feedback to identify defects
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from the database for back end testing
- Proactively communicated with development team regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the projects
- Developed test cases for section 508 compliance testing
- Coordinated with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug
Environment: UML, SharePoint, Oracle, SQL, MS Office, JIRA, Salesforce
Confidential - Bethesda, MD
- Worked with the business owner and with different levels of management to identify requirements and use cases, and to develop functional specifications.
- Analyzed the system from both the technical and business perspectives and prepare Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Generated UML documentation by developing written use cases, use cases diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams to define system functionalities as per business requirements.
- Created the Requirements Traceability Matrix for reviewing and tracking requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions throughout the project to communicate and manage expectations with the business users and the feature content team.
- Actively liaised throughout the project between end users, development team, and QA team to address system issues and identify the appropriate solution.
- Used SQL to conduct data validation, and data analysis.
Environment: Windows, JIRA, VISIO, JAVA, SharePoint, SQL server
Confidential - Chantilly, VA
Project Analyst/ Requirement Analyst
- Participated in all requirements, design, test plan reviews and their associated walkthroughs with product stakeholders, facilitated meetings with the client, vendor, testing team and software development team.
- Validated test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
- Worked closely with the stakeholders to analyze complex business processes and business requirements.
- Translated technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
- Designed and developed test scenarios and test cases based on business requirements, technical specifications, and use cases.
- Worked closely with project manager, stakeholders and business analyst to define test scope, gap analysis, risk analysis, and test dependency.
- Involved in preparation of the test data required for executing test cases.
- Enhanced the existing or default test scripts by adding programming for custom testing and debugging the scripts.
Environment: Oracle, Windows, JIRA, VISIO, .Net