- Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience in financial and banking domain.
- Excellent experience formulating Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications/Requirement Document (FSD/FRD).
- Proficiency writing user stories, creating Product and Sprint backlogs.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall, Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Worked in tandem with Clients, Business Representatives, End Users, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), Tech Team and all stakeholders to collect requirements.
- Proficient in working in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Life Cycle
- Analyzed and documented various Business Models and integrated them with technology.
- Written Use cases and have produced Used Case Models based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagrams.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans &Test Strategies, and accustomed to preparing Test Cases and Use case diagrams. Conducted /Coordinated various kinds of testing including Functional testing, Integration testing, System Testing, Performance, Regression, Smoke, and UAT (User Acceptance Test)
- Hands - on experience assisting QA team in documenting test plan, test scenarios, test cases, and requirement traceability matrix managed defect tracking lifecycle.
- Competent in planning and execution of projects in Time Critical Environment.
- Performed data analysis using SQL.
- Proficient in the various Fixed Income Securities such as US Treasury, US Agency Mortgage back securities (MBS), Corporate Bonds, and Treasurybills, Treasury Notes, Convertible Bonds, Zero Coupon Bonds, Municipal Bonds.
- Hands on experience working with secured financing products such as Repo, Reverse Repo, security borrowing and security lending.
- Competent in understanding derivatives such as Future, Forwards, Options, Swaps (CDS, IRS, Currency swaps)
- Expert in the knowledge of Equity Products such as Common stock, Preferred stock.
- Expert in Risk management with knowledge in Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk and Interest Rate Risk.
- Familiar with various financial regulations such as Basel, Dodd Frank, LCR.
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Databases: Oracle (10g, 11g), MySQL, MS SQL Server
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Cognos, Qlikview
Project Management Tools: JIRA, MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio
Collaboration Tools: MS SharePoint
- Followed Waterfall Methodology with an effective IT team.
- As part of requirements gathering phase, liaise with various business groups to collect requirements.
- Prepared and validated high-level requirements in Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Created Functional, Non-Functional and System Requirement Documents to supplement Use Cases.
- Created the Use Cases and process flows in MS Visio.
- Performed and reviewed testing scenario and test cases.
- Set up User Acceptance Testing (UAT) environment to test the application from user view.
- Performed data reconciliation at every data control point using SQL.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Consistently worked with SME’s from Commercial, Investment and Regulatory LOBs to capture Clear-cut requirements.
- Acted as a key Liaison between the business & technical teams in explicitly translating business requirements effectively into user stories.
- Ensured the entire implementation of the SDLC process within each sprint (Ranging from 2-3 weeks) by continuously planning each sprint, conducting story mapping sessions, hosting scrum meetings & Stand-up Calls, checking the Sprint Backlog, performing Mid-Sprint & end of the Sprint Reviews and Sprint retrospectives.
- Worked as Product Owner and helped scrum team to follow right agile practices.
- Managed and prioritized stories from Product Back Log into the Sprint Back Log using JIRA.
- Analyzed and implemented options in User Interface for User selection, while facilitating upstream and downstream flow of data into the Assumption Rule Builder (ARB) and Calculation Engine.
- Created Navigation Flow, Business Flow Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams for applications using MS Visio and UML tool.
- Worked with 5 vertical cross-functional teams and filled in gap for other BA’s during their absence, therefore acquired expert knowledge in different aspects of the projects: Reporting, Calculation engine and ARB.
- Created Report and UI mockups
- Defined Test criteria, Test plans and Test cases and executed the functionality testing.
- Ensured smooth environment for UAT.
- Provided post production support.
- Conducted data analysis using SQL to support issue analysis and resolution.
- Facilitated meetings with business users to gather requirements.
- Followed Agile SDLC process.
- Supported Product owner in prioritizing the requirements.
- Participated in sprint planning and writing user stories.
- Leaded the scrum and helped teams to resolve any issues within the sprints.
- Worked with cross functional teams and helped them to meet their daily deliverables.
- Conducted joint sessions.
- Wrote use cases, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams.
- Helped users in UAT.
- Supported production after it went live.
- Wrote SQL queries to conduct data analysis for supporting user’s requests such as reconciliations, etc.
- Followed Waterfall Methodology with an effective IT team.
- Actively involved in gathering requirements for the application.
- Created data mapping document to help technical team map source to target fields.
- Interacted with the business users to understand and document data elements such as trade identifiers, positions, market value calculations, P&L and capture requirements for data transformation required for integrating data into data warehouse.
- Wrote use cases to explain developers features of the desired application.
- Captured all business rules for integrating data into data warehouse.
- Create requirement documents, source to target mapping sheets and data flow diagrams.
- Explain requirements to the technical team of designers and developers.
- Performed testing, reviewing test cases against the use cases, check results of test cases and verifying the outcome of those test cases.
- Used SQL to extract data and validate testing.
- Coordinated Project Development throughout the SDLC
- Worked on feasibility testing and GAP analysis to find possible constrains during development
- Closely worked with Project Manager, End Users, Developers, and Testing Team to meet business requirements in timely fashion
- Conducted JAD sessions consisting of entire IT team to define solutions
- Followed AGILE Scrum methodology for SDLC, helped business users to analyze possible requirements, assess the progress and prioritize user stories based on business requirements in the product backlog and conducted all meetings within the SDLC model
- Created UML diagrams for various process flows using MS Visio
- Designed user-friendly GUI Mock ups
- Executed SQL queries to retrieve, validate and build user reports
- Assisted QA team in writing test cases, test plan, test strategy and performed many GUI, Functional and Non Functional tasting
- Utilized Quality Center tool to manage defect tracking life cycle- analyze, log and prioritize defects, monitor defect resolution, maintained defect log and generate status updates