Job Related Summary:
- 12+ years of experience in Loan Auditing.
- 19+ years of experience in Loan Processing.
- 12+ years of experience in Mortgage Compliance.
- 5+ years Mortgage Underwriting
- 6+ years of experience in Escalated Auditing.
- 19+ years of experience in the Mortgage Industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending Continuing Education 2011 Texas FHA Processing.
- Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending Continuing Education 2011 Conventional/VA.
- Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending Continuing Education 2011 Texas Regulation and Compliance.
- Stays current of GFE Guidelines. (HAMP/HARP included).
- Strong knowledge of Agency Underwriting Guidelines, DU and LP.
- Knowledge of Compliance requirements (Truth in Lending, RESPA, HMDA, ECOA).
- Knowledge of document red flags and fraud indicators.
- QC Auditing, FHA/VA Insurer, Appraisal Logging and Insuring, ARM Auditing.
- Experienced in workflow streamlining of teams of up to 33. Project management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in both independent and team situations with positive results.
- Experienced and skilled Web Designer. Process design and video mapping print media, graphic design, web development.
HTML, DHTML, XHTML, PHP, MySQL, Flash, AS400.
- East Union HS, Manteca, CA, 1975.
- Medical Technical Institute, Stockton, CA, 1979.
Confidential, Plano, TX | Temp September 2012 - November 2012
Business Control Analyst - Adverse Action - Risk and Compliance
- Provide analytical support within an internal control environment testing MHA program and Loan modifications.
- Responsible for assisting in the execution of operational audits reviewing loan level detail to determine key control objectives will be met.
- Work with the control testing team with specific audit objectives and routines.
- Loan level testing for loans, making sure they are compliant with MHA regulations reporting to Department of Justice.
Confidential, Plano, TX May 2012 - September 2012
Sr. Loan Processor ll
- Verify all loan documents and information provided by the customer and Loan Officer. Process the loan to submit to underwriting which includes reviewing of the appraisal and all supporting documents to the loan file. Collect and audit conditions received.
- Prepare files to submit to closing that includes auditing the title work, survey, taxes, flood and insurance.
- Work closely with the closer and loan officer to get documents and HUD-1 prepared in a timely manner. Follow-up with closing to make sure all items necessary to fund the loan have been received.
- Ensure that all compliance regulations were met and clear QA stipulations within 3-5 days.
- Order all documents needed for loan files i.e. appraisal through HVCC Specialist, title, insurance, flood, bridger and verifications.
- Review HUD and communicate changes needed to closer and loan officers. Follow all compliance policies and procedures HARP/HAMP.
Confidential, Wylie, TX January 2008 - November 2011
QC & Front-line Underwriter & Auditing Manager
- Ensured the timely and accurate QC audits of all loans originated by our clients and branches.
- Gathered information and take each file from pre-approval to closing.
- Decisioned credit, income, assets, equity, liabilities and collateral as well as economic and housing conditions.
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing and Underwriting.
- Ensured that all loan documentation is complete, accurate and verified that complies with Lender policy.
- Verified loan documents including income, credit, appraisal and title insurance ultimately preparing application for submittal to underwriting. Ordered and coordinated loan documents.
- Met crucial deadlines as requested. In addition, responsible for curative auditing of loan files to ensure compliance with the loan program and Governmental Agencies FHA and VA.Ensure RESPA compliance with loan program, Risk Policy and Government Agency (FHA or VA).
- Contacted closing investors, agents, branches, borrowers and builders to retrieve final documentation and monitor the follow up of these documents.
- QC Auditing: Corrected errors, omissions by staff underwriters, branches, attorneys, loan officers, etc. Brought loans into Fannie Mae cguidelines/ompliance. Managed 33 Underwriters, processors and auditors.
Confidential, Irving, TX May 2007 - November 2007
Loss Mitigation Underwriter
- Assisted the bank reducing losses caused by the foreclosure process. The Loan Administration Analyst assisted the mortgagor by interacting with customers and identified the customer needs, when appropriate.
- Liaised between the mortgagor and counsel to reduce losses caused by foreclosure process.
- Confirmed bankruptcy information and refers loans to the bankruptcy department as necessary.
- Documented activity in the foreclosure workstation.
- Ensured accurate and timely transmission of files.
- Made recommendations to management, exercising appropriate reasoning and judgment.
- Monitored assigned loans through the foreclosure process using timely and appropriate follow up to ensure compliance with investor timelines.
- Monitored loans in foreclosure. Ordered appraisals or other property evaluations.
- Prepared referral packages to send to counsel to initiate foreclosure.AHM closed down early fall 2007 in mortgage crisis.
Confidential, Dallas, TX October 2005 - June 2007
Senior Loan Officer
- Involved in originating, selling and processing FHA, non-conforming mortgages and home equity loans by building and developing strong relationships directly with consumers and all banking officials.
- Built and fostered a strong internal working relationship with underwriting and processing departments and maintaining RESPA compliance and customer contact.
- Prepared and maintained pipeline, activity and sales reports.
Confidential, Las Vegas, Nevada April 2003 - June 2005
Senior Loan Officer
- Involved in origination, sales, processing and buyer assistance through closing, conventional, conforming, non-conforming, new purchase, refinance, FHA.
- Ensured RESPA compliance and customer contact and pipeline and other sales activity reports through the entire loan process.