Highly skilled having various IT responsibilities consisting of application development, acquisition, planning, implementation and integration involving many environments requiring interoperability with middleware in the medical device and manufacturing industries. Recognized team player, experienced manager, proven track record involved in managing many projects. Strengths include:
- Distribution - Logistics
- Financial applications
- Supply chain
- Regulatory - GXP & 404
- Taxation - International
Confidential, Cambridge, MA 2011-2012
SR R & D IT Business Analyst
Gathered requirements and designed an inventory control system for the R & D labs.
- For chemical and biologics, integrated into the ELN/ electronic lab notebook project having many EHS/Environmental Health and Safety implications.
- Designed and developed ELN barcode labels using Bartender & Commander.
Confidential, Boston, MA 2010-2011
Controls/IT Business Analyst in-house consultant
Designed a data mart to store bridge and highway construction and contract project information.
- Provided tools and performed analysis in support of the Accelerated Bridge Program for the client Mass Department of Transportation.
Confidential, Braintree, MA 2000-2010
Global Business Process Manager & IT Project Manager
Supporting Oracle EBS 11i & MRP BPCS with a mix of other applications.
- Set up distribution system for the new manufacturing facility in Draper Utah.
- Supported Oracle IPM document imaging system.
- Co-converted Phase 2 AP & Purchase Order data into Oracle EBS ERP.
- Assisted in the Phase 1 OTC/Order to Cash portion of Oracle EBS ERP implementation and its interfacing into cTrax shipping manifest system as well as providing support for Vertex sales tax module.
- Co-led the team responsible to find and implement a ship manifest application called cTrax that allows freight shipping and carrier connectivity with the effect of a 20% reduction in transportation rates plus 15% increased warehouse productivity.
- Liaison to the tax department for EIE/DMD credits usually $2 mil+ per annum, Sales Tax support, designed an international Vat tax reporting system, in addition to working with the IRS to claim and receive a $6.5 million tax credit. Assisted with FAS fixed assets. Personally doing all the above tax programming.
- Participated on the Agile PLM implementation team, authored the first Audit workflows, plus orchestrated/designed the PS & I Complaint module's ability to push data streams into queues to apply data to a QA data warehouse and a MS Server to generate analytics and multiple language customer response letters.
- Designed and wrote a worldwide inventory system reducing inventory in the supply chain by 18%.
- Team leader for company of FDA 21CFR Part 11 electronic record and electronic signature compliance Lead the IT team in an M & A: integrating products and processes into corporate MRP BPCS.
- Planned a worldwide ocean container tracking system called OTIS.
- Designed and wrote CQRS Corporate Quality Reporting System that warehoused and presented the companies worldwide product quality details and metrics e.g., DPM/Defects Per Million.
Confidential, South Boston, MA 1995-2000Senior PA/Systems Analyst
Delivered systems, analysis, and applications that supported the manufacturing, engineering, and business as needed.
- Y2K coordinator of a 28 member Y2K team responsible for testing, identifying, and fixing all year 2000 date problems and dealing with obsolete systems throughout the company. Project involved 1400 programs that were corrected and tested many systems replaced.
- Designed and installed COLD storage system to archive reports on PC laser and optical disk but retrievable via any dumb terminal on AS400 or PC.
- Member of team to interface HP Unix CAD to AS400 product structures to better implement new products and engineering changes and file converting.
- Led planning of 10 BaseT ethernet wiring system to connect all Cole Hersee platforms.
- Designed, wrote, and implemented a system to measure Made vs. Planned.
- Worked on team to calculate and reduce cycle times, improve capacity planning, and measure work center performance using CA/Sim400.
Confidential, Brighton, MA & Carbolon, Sterling, MA 1984-1995
Directed all aspects of IT for two divisions of High Voltage Engineering responsible for all IT activities.
- Successfully merged IT systems of two divisions of the corporation by integrating manufacturing of both division's yet isolating the accounting. Converted Unix/QAD to BPCS for a molding company in Sterling Mass: Carbolon. Formed and implemented the plan; supervising personnel of both divisions.
- Improved financial integration of BPCS and business processes to enable the preliminary closing of the fiscal year in one working day.
- Led the project that restructured the Marketing/Manufacturing relationship allowing a Marketing created forecast to drive MPS/MRP, Manufacturing to build to the forecast, and Customer Service the ability to promise against future receipts in placing orders without having to check with Production Control (ATP).
- Coordinated the implementation of Standard Costing using BPCS including the automatic consolidation of inventory transactions and Purchase Price variances. In combination with ATP obtaining an inventory reduction of 70%.
- Was the earliest adapter of shop floor and time & attendance PC driven Bar Code data collection system.
- Led conversions from MRP Mapics, to BPCS36, to BPCS AS400; instituted Novell network that supported High Voltage corporate financial staff, ran a payroll service bureau
Confidential, Woburn, MA 1982-1984Programmer
Designed and wrote manufacturing and business applications as required in a nuclear regulated industry.
- Planned and wrote a finite manufacturing capacity planning and scheduling system using constraints (in 1983, a year before Goldratt published The Goal).
Prior to 1982 was a math teacher for 7 years including desegregation at South Boston High School.
U Mass Boston (Boston State College): 40+ hours most grad math and computer credits
- TQM Trained (two times)
- Object Oriented Programming at Northeastern with C++ 1995
- EDI Harbinger 1996
- 6 Sigma Green Belt 2003
- i5/AS400, PC\'s, HP9000, Ethernet, and PC platforms, bar code terminals, various switches, hubs, printers, scanners, optical drives.
- Languages: RPGILE, IV, II; Cobol, CICS Cobol, Basic
- SQL: M/S SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL, i5/AS400 SQL
- DB's: DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, Access, Progress, dBase, rbase
- Integration to and from middleware webMethods of various .xml & HTTP post the likes of Oracle EBS 11i, Agile PLM, Vertex, iTrax/TMS, BPCS, Mapics, CA/Sim, Corp Tax, IPM
- Other: BRIO Hyperion Query, Client Access, NT, TCP/IP, Netware, Windows & DOS
- Office Pro, including Project Manager, Linux, Windows, SharePoint, Lotus
ISO, ISO13485, QSO, GMP,GLP,GXP, FDA/820 & 21 CFR Part 11, COBIT, 404
- Board of Director of the Boylston Chess Foundation
- Lifetime member of the USCF (United States Chess Federation)