- Senior Data Architect and Modeler with solid Data / ETL Analysis, Business Analysis and Project Management background. Strong oral and written communicator accomplished at business requirements elicitation and analysis, use cases, Epics and user stories, system specification, reporting, presentations, and technical writing.
- Diverse industry background including: financial, insurance, retail, manufacturing, agriculture, telecommunications and
- Exceptional skills at applying technical design to business requirements.
- Expertise in concept - to-completion management of multiple projects and meeting deadlines using on site and offshore resources.
- Dimensional and Relational Data Models
- Requirements Elicitation & Documentation
- Strategic Thinking & Global Management
- Business & Process Modeling
- Data & Functional Gap Analysis
- Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall SDLC
- Data Mapping & ETL Specification
- Code and Documentation standards
- Project Risk Identification & Mitigation
- SQL Queries & Report Development
- Tech Writing: BRD, SRS, FDD, User Doc
- System Architecture and Design
- MS Office, Visio, MS Project, Power Designer, ERWin, TOAD, Jira, Version One, Tableau, Microstrategy, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, HP ALM (Quality Center)
- MS Windows, MacOS, LINUX, UNIX
- AWS RDS (PostgreSQL) AWS Redshift, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Actian Matrix, Teradata, Sybase, MS Access
Data Solutions Architect, Data Modeler, Senior Data / Business Analyst, and Project Manager
Confidential, St. Louis, MO; New York, NY
- Liaise with senior management, project stakeholders and end-users to capture, analyze and specify business, reporting / visualization, and ETL requirements, present recommendations, report project status and manage expectations.
- Convert business requirements to relational and dimensional data models and evolving data architectures.
- Author Business Requirements Docs (BRD) and Technical Specifications (Source to Target Mapping Specs, SRS, FDD).
- Manage multiple projects including rescue missions to bring errant projects back on track.
Data Architecture and Analytics Capabilities Assessor
- As recognized data architecture, data governance, and analytics data expert, consult with Confidential ’s senior management (C-suite and VP’s), business analysts and visualizations team to crystallize vision for and identify themes within enterprise and functional area analytics capabilities future state requirements that will permit organization to drive and validate strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Work closely with Enterprise Information Management technical team to review current state of clinical data warehouse, financial data warehouse and analytics data pipeline to identify success factors and shortcomings shortcomings.
- Architect scalable future state data solution including migration to cloud (Azure).
- Design conceptual data model.
- Define road map for migration from current state to future state
- Delivered technical and operational recommendations to mature enterprise to future state including: data governance, master data management(MDM) and modify data pipeline, and consolidation of technology stack vendor.
Data Solutions Architect
- As key member of Customer Strategy and Performance Analytics agile development team, identified and evaluated database platform, full stack development language, and visualization tools for future state global system.
- Designed and documented future state KPI visualization data warehouse dimensional model and data source provisioning processes.
- Consulted with Data Scientists, Strategic Center of Excellence and North American Analytics team to gather Business Intelligence reporting, and visualization requirements and understand the nature of questions they need the visualization data warehouse to answer.
- Defined and developed Scala language ETL Application to distribute data file contents to new dimensional model. Modified existing complex SQL scripts to move data file contents to existing database objects. Defined and rules for inbound files to ensure data was compliant and consumable by existing ETL applications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product owners, and business analysts to define new Gateway business and data requirements across multiple lines of business including: Retail, Mobile Services, Device Management, Product Development, and Troubleshooting
- Provide Technical leadership for Integration Analysts to conduct data gap analysis, define source to target mappings and transformations and interface specifications to ensure Enterprise Services provide appropriate information to satisfy business requirements.
- Conduct data discovery to assess Enterprise Services data quality and identify outlier data.
- Negotiate priorities and timelines with Stakeholders, Enterprise Architects, and Project Managers
Senior Data Architect / Modeler and Lead Analyst
- Conduct data and functional requirements capture, data analysis, and report design for management reports that provide insight into and analytics on nonperforming and foreclosed loans to ensure that the single family operations group focused their attention on loans that provided greatest financial impact when addressed.
- Worked closely with Data Governance and Application Data teams to modify and tune existing data warehouse model and develop a semantic data layer to facilitate ad-hoc reporting.
- Develop complex SQL queries and stored procedures to profile and QA data sources and to prototype and validate reports
- Evaluate existing and new technologies to identify development platform to provide reporting flexibility within enclave architecture
Data Architect / Modeler and Senior Data / Business Analyst
- Documented current state and liaised with senior technology and business staff and DBAs to define future state architecture of data ingestion, integration, storage and consumption including staging, Operational Data Stores, warehousing, and archiving.
- Documented existing data model, defined scalable, sustainable future state dimensional data model for data warehouse (Conceptual, logical, and physical models). Generated data dictionary for current and future state sales data warehouse.
- Conducted requirements capture and analysis, design and development of regional and district manager commission reporting system (SQL, MS Excel, SSRS) to ensure personnel are paid commission in accordance with incoming methodology.
- Developed MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Scripts to provision sales data warehouse from disparate data sources
Lead Data Analyst, Hands on Project Manager
- Managed controller group project process for Genesis and Mortgage Accounting Engine deliverables.
- Lead analyst and architect for multiple projects including Common Balance Adjustment System, Journal Entry System and Commercial and Retail Mortgage Business Rules Engine for AE UAT.
- Defined loan indicative data source to target mapping for ETL of risk data warehouse integration to enterprise contracts, positions, and balances data warehouse. Defined file specification for client transaction ETL.
- Managed Development of Accounting Engine Tactical Solution Application.
Application Development Manager, Lead Business/Data Analyst
- Managed development of Core Services‘ deliverables for Disclosure of Interest International Regulatory Reporting Integration and data provisioning project. Developed Project plans and status dashboards to manage set priorities and manage expectations
- Coordinated timelines and deliverables for traditional waterfall project with sister agile (SCRUM) project.
- Collaborated with client business and technical leadership to define and document requirements for system specific Data Snapshot Manager application to Extract Transform and Load (ETL) volatile transaction and position data.
- Defined data structures and ETL definitions for data for more than 30 feeds from disparate provider bespoke systems for inclusion in Master Data Management (MDM)
- Defined use cases describing system behavior across data supply scenarios.
- Diagrammed current and future state processes and data flows
- Directed onboarding of 20+ data feeds into enterprise master () data repository.
- Managed onboarding and integration of 30+ strategic transaction and position (T&P) data supplies.
- Defined Test plans, cases and scripts to assure quality of data feeds and T&P Snapshot Manager application.
- Wrote SQL queries to analyze and profile source data and identify root causes for defects surfaced during testing.
Lead Analyst / Data Modeler
- Collaborated with subject matter experts to elicit and document business and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Coordinated with system owners and analysts to analyze and onboard available source data required to meet business requirements.
- Defined report to support litigation which saved NYC estimated $40MM.
- Defined and documented source to target data mapping and transformations (ETL) to onboard source system master and student case workflow data from disparate platforms (MS SQL, Oracle). Developed MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Scripts to ingest data
- Assumed joint ownership of data model, defined entities, attributes, and relationships required to meet reporting requirements.
- Troubleshot and resolved source and derived data issues for more than 60,000 records failing to migrate to legacy system.
Business / Data Analyst and Data Modeler
- Collaborated with senior management, system owners, subject matter experts and data analysts, to elicit, analyze and document business and data requirements for Enterprise Risk Aggregation System and Data warehouse.
- Defined and documented process and data flows for specific exposure netting processes.
- Defined and modeled data entities and relationships to meet business requirements.
- Coordinated master data and scenario data onboarding processes.
- Conducted full SDLC for Meta Data and requirements tracking system to manage source to target ETL rule evolution, business terms and data dictionary.
- Troubleshot and resolved source and derived data issues.
Data / Business Analyst
- Work closely with business users, developers and QA team to capture and communicate business requirements (BRD / Use Cases / FRD) for retiring legacy Basel II transaction hub and to deploy feeds on strategic credit risk reporting system.
- Modified existing database design (tables, views and columns) to accommodate new business needs.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to prototype / emulate reports, validate ETL and troubleshoot issues.
- Specified feed ETL source to target mappings.
- Identified data source alternatives for missing or inadequate data elements for reports to RWA Calculation Engine, Bank Regulators and to FDIC.
Lead Data Analyst and Data Architect
- Gathered and documented business requirements (BRD) for Web Based Multiple Listing System.
- Converted business requirements to high level design as well as relational and dimensional data models.
- Developed SQL queries to populate screens / reports.
Business / Data Analyst & Project Manager
- Lead Data Analyst and Business Analyst for the FMBO Data Warehouse.
- Gathered and documented data warehouse requirements for Business Intelligence, data feed ETL (in and out), and / transaction data.
- Authored business (BRD) and technical (FDD) specifications.
- Converted requirements to conceptual and logical data design (dimensional model) for customer holdings, sales, and call center subject areas.
- Generated process models to depict current state and define future state operations.
- Managed the middle office conversion and web based portfolio reporting (Project Fulcrum) QA
- While still managing Project Z, assumed management and lead business analyst roles from overwhelmed predecessor.
- Restructured on-site and off-shore (Russia, Latvia, Switzerland) BA and testing teams to maximize member strengths.
- Conducted gap analysis to expose data shortcomings / quality.
- Wrote SQL queries to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Designed data model and reports for dashboards to analyze data and display progress to management.
- Assumed management of troubled middle office conversion QA project.
- Identified and developed mitigation plans for project risks.
- Prioritized test case executions and defect resolutions.