Working as a Business Analyst with over 7 years of experience in Business Analysis, Business Process Analysis and System Solution Design for government, financial, insurance andRetail institutions. Worked on various types of projects like New Initiative project, Ongoing Project, Capital budget Project, Operational Expenditure Project, in-house Project and Customized Out of The Shelf Software project. A smart working, motivated, sincere, committed, quick learner, detail-oriented team player with excellent communication, analytical, leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment as well as software engineering methods like Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Expertise in Business Modeling using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Rose.
- Expertise in Requirements Gathering -Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions (RGS) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), asking detailed functionality aspects of business process and carefully updating the information to the requirements in an easily understandable format.
- Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents as well as for creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, State diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Rose.
- Excellent Analytical skills to understand the business process and Functionality, Requirements and to translate them to system requirement specifications. Developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling, system Architecture, conducting feasibility studies, scope.
- Experience with support planning that covers the following areas: Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Control, Release Management, Service Levels, Capacity Planning, and Ongoing Administration Experience with gathering user requirements for system availability and continuity
- Defining Test Cases, creating Test Scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with QA / dev teams in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Excellent Team Player with ability to think analytically and troubleshoot issues.
- Effective Verbal and WrittenCommunicationSkills.
Client: Confidential (Phoenix, AZ) Duration:Jan 2011– Present Role: SeniorBusiness Analyst The focus of this project was to streamline the processes by moving the IT services from AS IS to TO BE status. This project was designed to overcome the drawback of QuickBooks system for their particular furniture business and develop a new system that can be centrally operated at one place as well as get real time access to all the chain stores. These enhanced processes were implemented in a system, which is flexible, sustainable, secure, fast, and most of all allows Sales and Warehouse staff to spend more time delivering services to the customers.
- Worked independently to create various project artifacts and assisted project manager to monitor all project deliverables in a timely manner.
- As a BA, facilitated continuous Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with SMEs, PM and business users in accordance to the project phases.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade and change the specifications for the product.
- Conducted GAP analysis to understand the business current stance and elicit the future requirements.
- Worked on oldPOS software (QuickBooks) and gathered all pros and cons to introduce a new POS system calledFurniture Wizard
- Assisted the data migration team to streamline the information from old POS to new POS.
- Assisted functional team and Technical team in understanding both front end and back end aspects of both the POS systems.
- Worked with business users to understand credit card terminal limitations such as accepting visa/master/discover/amex only, no EBT cards, and personal checks. Then elicit the requirements accordingly.
- Understood the POS functionality and thus created interface between POS software and the Credit Card Terminal for non-cash transaction. Also worked on the issues of transaction dispute between the client and his/her customer.
- Created prototypes and wire frames using MS Visio to clarify requirements and get approval from end users and stakeholders
- Used SharePoint 2003 for document management and for further communication with the off-shore team.
- Involved in Training and developing a strategy to use training for User awareness of features during UAT.
- Prepared project reports for management, assisted project managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports, documented process flows, policies and procedures.
- Collect input from project managers and monitor actual progress by overseeing project deliverables, compare to baseline and report performance against schedule for project team
- Review project milestones and review with respect to the project scope and monitor consistency.
- Provided performance improvement of project life cycle through implementation of defined processes. Specifically focused on areas of requirement gathering and documenting, estimation, client sign-off and approvals, and multi-level testing.
- Maintain continuous communications with clients, business and interfacing teams as primary liaison with clients
Environment:SharePoint 2003, Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, Microsoft SQL 2005.
Client: Confidential (Phoenix, AZ) Duration: August 2009 – December 2010 Role: Business Analyst Project Description: Global Prepaid Project for Enabling Direct Deposit for Prepaid Products: Confidential has several prepaid relationship products like Target, B&N, AAA and Student ID. These products are all prepaid products that have to be reloaded through different funding sources like credit card, green dot money packs, Bank Accounts. This project dealt with adding all the funding sources and direct deposit as a funding source. The project not only included local banks but also dealt with Global banks and included the Global prepaid service for international customers.
- Gathered Business Requirements from users, maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and used CLARITY as a Project Management Tool for effective financial management, resource allocation of the Project.
- Worked with business and technical team to develop business requirements for implementation
- Delivered BRD’s for understanding the foreign exchange requirements
- Delivered all the required deliverables as per Sarbanes and Oxley Act at every phase of SDLC.
- Worked with the Business and stakeholders to charter the project plan and add key inputs for DD enablement for different products
- Understood the banking structure for DD process and interacted with external vendors who executed Trial Deposit (TD) for executing end-to-end Direct Deposit process.
- Presided over several meetings during the project, documented the minutes and recorded functional requirements
- Organized meetings as SME to understand the Global Banking functions and policies and also gathered requirements for understanding the Global customers
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from USER perspective.
- Extensively involved in gathering business requirements and system requirements and specifications. Provided conceptual solution. Translated conceptual solution into technical design. Extensively worked on system architecture.
- Prepared test cases, test plans, test strategies, traceability matrix for QA team.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams (State diagrams) for the stakeholder review.
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business
- Conducted JAD sessions to elicit requirements.
- Worked on GAP analysis for filling gaps between the foreign banks
- Used MS Visio to create Use Cases, Workflow diagrams, Use Case diagrams
- Involved in analysis of Test Plans and Test cases, preparing the Defect reports using Quality Center and interacted with developers for Debugging.
- Supported clients in all testing phases through UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Extensively worked with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) and MS Visio.
- Conducted Feasibility study and worked on Project charter, scope & vision document as well.
- Interacted with SME’s to understand the current system and the expected changes.
- Conducted GAP Analysis toelicit the requirements.
- Conducted interviews, JAD sessions and one on one session with them to gather requirements.
- Developed the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and took the sign off from the SME’s.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data.
- Closely interacted with designers and developers to understand application functionality navigational flow and kept them updated about business user’s sentiments.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed Test plan and Test cases for testing the functionality.
- Emphasize majorly on functional, caseload, operations and vendor management.
- Produced the visual models for the application using MS Visio.
- Involved in UAT Testing.
- Reverse engineered the BRDs from Detail Design documents, which were originally written by the technical team.
- Helped in creating user manuals.
- Worked closely with Business Team to Design the Functional Specifications and system requirements and other issues throughout Project Life cycle.
- Analyzed business requirements, incorporated development and business objectives, and used the information to develop detailed comprehensive test strategies to verify system changes that met the needs of the client
- Prepared and Executed Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Case Document for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) based on functional and Technical Specifications.
- Involved in writing Test Plans, creating Test Scripts, Team Co-ordination and Documentation.
- Analyze system requirements and formulate scenarios in Test Director for the Functionality, Navigation, Performance and Security testing of the application.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC, starting from requirement, design, development, testing and implementation phase.
- Prepared RFP’s for the end client.
- Worked with the quantitative analysis group to provide business development officers with portfolio analyses.
- Worked with tax and estate planning professionals in the process of supporting the business development process
- Verified the functional aspect as per the Business Process and validated the interfaces with the other systems.
- Performed manual testing of the functionality of the application by inserting varying data on different test runs.
- Experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL queries in oracle database.
- Extensively involved in testing the GUI of the application.
- Submitting weekly status updates and reports showing the progress of Software Testing.
- Involved in developing and executing Regression test using QTP.
- Developed and executed the test plans for Functional Testing, regression testing, Integration Testing. Performed Business functionality testing, which involved testing of all core functions of the application. Organized and executed the User Acceptance testing.
- Participated in interaction with clients to assess needs, identify key challenges, and define project scope and deliverables.
- Manage and write complete set of detailed system specifications for new and existing applications; includes all high-level and detailed requirements, storyboards, ERDs, UI, activity diagrams, etc.
- Worked cross functionally to identify opportunities to improve workflow, increase efficiency, satisfy customer demand, and build solutions to enterprise wide business challenges
- Worked directly with developers, system users and various business partners to process and gather information as well as handle various and diverse work assignments.
- Used Trillium Discovery Software to maintain data quality and do the data analysis.
- Discovery was also used for data profiling. Predominantly identifying incorrect data, reveal data rules and creating centralized repository for data, metadata and documents.
- Developed an integrated compliance solution for archiving and retrieving expired insurance contracts.
- Provided business management reporting, development and consulting regarding the customer-facing contract performance reporting system.
- Addressed all aspects of the claim processing lifecycle, starting from identifying a claim right up to closure.
- Helped in Prioritization of project efforts, developing project plans, process flows, Use Cases and SRS using RUP.
- Responsible for business user acceptance testing (UAT) for multiple Aetna projects. UAT testing activities included test plan and test script creation, test execution, involvement with debugging and troubleshooting issues, impact and gap analysis, status reporting, issue resolution, defect tracking and defect triage activities.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) documentation
- Used Mercury Quality Center for reporting, tracking and linking requirements, test cases and defects. Participated in Business Requirements, Functional and Technical meetings with Business groups.
- Evaluated application testing results and recorded the discrepancies using Mercury Test Director to track, analyze and report on them.
- Involved in identifying Use Cases, Actors and writing Use Case Narratives.
- Created Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Involved in maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Attended meetings with QA team members for SME in order to deliver quality documents.
- Involved in reporting status, milestones, and project plan tracking to project management and project owners on a weekly basis.
- Used MS Visio for flow-charting process model.
- Reviewed Use Case Narratives, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Supported and assisted QA in developing Quality Control (QC) test plans and test scripts, as well as supporting and assisting clients in all testing phases through UAT.
- Gathered business requirements, managed them and analyzed the possible technical solutions.
- Implemented the entire System development Life Cycle (SDLC) with its various Workflows, Artifacts and Activities.
- Developed database driven marketing message display using ASP and XML
- Participated inBudget Planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
- Performed Scrum methodology to accomplish backlog by prioritizing anticipated workload.
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio according to UML methodology.
- Developed timelines for project delivery and managed projects and resources to successful completion using MS Project.
- Used Power Point Presentations for conducting walkthroughs with the stakeholders.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application. Also performed backend testing and front-end testing.
- Interacting with the developers in order to resolve the reported bugs and also solved various technical issues.
- Involved in preparing a Detailed User Manual for the application, for an intended novice user.
- Worked throughout the Project Life Cycle to make sure documented functional requirements are met.
Client: Confidential (Phoenix, AZ) Duration:Nov 2007 – July 2009 Role: Sr. Business Analyst Project: SNAP The mission of the Confidential is to promote, improve and sustain the quality of family life, To do so, they have enhanced the food stamp program to SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) where the services are rendered through EBT (electronic benefit transfer) card which allows the beneficent to shop for their nutritional food at state approved vendors and also use it as an ATM card at authorized locations
Environment:Windows server 2003, VB.NET, SQL Server 2005, MS Visio, Java script, MS Office
Client: Confidential, NY Duration: July 2006 -September 2007 Role: Business Analyst. Confidential sought to launch a cash management services system that targets business and corporate users. It provides on-line access to company’s deposit/loan account transaction history and balance information lets the company export its financial data into a spreadsheet format or other accounting system after reviewing its account history. In addition, this system also provides services such as account reconciliation, funds transfer, domestic or international wire transfer and balance alert etc. As a result, the cash management system has the direct result in revenue increase, cost saving and customer service improvement.
Environment: Windows 2000, Linux, MS SQL Server, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Java, J2EE, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director.
Client: Confidential, Hartford, CT Duration: July2005 –June 2006 Role:Business Analyst The business scope of Confidential is to design and implement a Web-based application to provide rating and quotation services for Aetna’s medical, life, and dental insurance products. Major functions of the AQC system include census entry, prospect data collection, qualification, site match determination, benefit selection, rate calculation with compliance and user adjustments, and proposal generation.
Environment: RUP, Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Word,Mercury Quality Center, Mercury Test Director, MS Visio, SQL Server 2000, Trillium Discovery
Client: Confidential, India Duration:April 2004–May 2005 Role: Business Analyst- Confidential is one of India's leading financial conglomerates, offering complete financial solutions that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking, to stock broking, to mutual funds, to life insurance, to investment banking, the group caters to the financial needs of individuals and corporate.
Environment: Windows 2000/XP, MS Visio, MS-Project, MS-Office, ASP, Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL.