I am a motivated, adaptable and accomplished business analyst having proven interpersonal skills with experience in a variety of disciplines. I have demonstrated success in taking broad and complex business processes, reducing them to their fundamentals, then conceptualizing simple, understandable solutions as required, reducing cost and increasing efficiency.
Confidential,Cleveland, TN March 1996 – November 2009
Business Analyst – IT Department (2001 -2009)
Served as primary liaison with business operations for process efficiency, time management and cost savings initiatives, while maintaining responsibilities outlined below as Support Analyst. Notable successes were:
- Bad-Debt Write-Off – Implemented image-based process, saving procedural and shipping time, resources and cost.
- Centralized Accounts Payable – Developed integrated process improvement to reduce manual storage, enhance electronic workflow, reduce late fess and minimize duplicate payments. I also strengthened vendor setup controls.
- Rehabilitation Processing – Performed detailed analysis to strengthen internal security and ensure HIPAA compliance; developed and implemented plans for accurate deployment and timely support.
Support Analyst – IT Department (1998 – 2001)
Provided data-gathering, training, documentary and implementation support along with required monthly reporting. Projects included:
- Corporate-wide implementation of WinFax system, including software setup, preparing user documentation and providing training.
- Corporate Address Book – Gathered business requirements and specifications, collaborated with developers to create the application, led initial data entry, developed user documentation and conducted training.
- 1099 Reporting – Processed and filed with the IRS all corporate1099s.
Tax Analyst – Tax Department (1996 – 1998)
- Managed recording and filing of all federal and state tax returns, along with recordkeeping for corporate real and personal property.
- Coordinated information-gathering for tax audits, as well as internal and external data requests.
Confidential,Cleveland, TN March 1995 – March 1996
Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
- Managed payroll, hiring and firing processes, vacation scheduling, employee benefits, enrollments and training.
- Managed scheduling for trade shows and advertising.
- Managed collections and billing for A/P and A/R (domestic and export).
Confidential,Cleveland, TN October 1990 – January 1995
Administrative Assistant to Director of Operations
- Conducted interviews, processed all new hire paperwork and trained new users.
- Managed orders, including A/P, A/R and sales.
- Insured regulatory compliance with respect to DOT and OSHA.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Disciplines include medical billing and collections, A/P and A/R processing, HIPAA, compliance, compensation and personnel regulations. Software competency includes Microsoft Office, Windows XP (and earlier versions), Vista and Windows 7, Microsoft Outlook, Open Office and various proprietary packages. Personal skills include quantitative and qualitative structured interviewing, consensus-building, attention to detail and team orientation.