OBJECTIVE: Looking an opportunity in a dynamic company which allows challenging, detailed work while providing leadership and technical growth in IT business analyst where I will be able to utilize my knowledge and expertise.
- Over 7+ years of diverse experience in IT Industry with 6+ years as a business analyst.
- Extensive experience in financial and banking sectors including mortgage backed securities (MBS), collateral mortgage obligation (CMO), asset backed securities (ABS), collateral debt obligations (CDO), account reconciliations and general ledger (GL) journal entry (JE) automation, Credit card and direct banking, Auto loans, Small business lending.
- Strong knowledge of many software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies including Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Extreme Programming (XP), Waterfall, Spiral Model and other proprietary technology delivery frameworks and processes.
- Hands on experience in creating Business Process Models, which defined the high level business activities and processes and provided a foundation for the Use Case model.
- Expertise in the development and interpretation of Business Requirement Document (BRD), Business Process Document, Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), Use Case Specification (Business and Application), Use Case Models, Systems Design Specifications (SDS), and Business Continuity Plans (BCP), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Experience in implementing RUP methodology, Agile methodology
- Hands on experience in managing requirements using Requisite Pro and Doors.
- Extensively used Unified Modeling Language (UML) to graphically represent system\'s blueprints, business processes and; the as-is and to-be system functionality.
- Used IVR to help customers receive anonymous calls about their test results or content update.
- Working experience in the Analytical CRM for health care customers and their custom data management.
- In-depth knowledge of Claims Processing with FACETS.
- Worked heavily on Clinical Trials using IVR to conduct global clinical trials and manage the large volumes of data generated.
- Assisted in Clinical Data Management and Clinical Trials Management.
- Gathered business requirements through JAD sessions and one-on-one interviews with the Business Stakeholders and tracked the requirements using CALIBER.
- Performed collection, coding, and assessment and reporting of adverse event data using ARISg.
- Worked in the ARISg Implementation of the EHR-Pharmacy Module.
- Expertise in modeling using Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Adept in creating test cases and scripts; and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Extensive experience in creating SQL queries to facilitate UAT.
- Excellent at coordinating extensive communication networks and facilitation of joint application design (JAD) sessions, brainstorming sessions and interviews.
- Extensive experience in managing and controlling change using Clear Quest and performing version control using Clear Case.
- Well versed with Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Exposure to PeopleSoft Enterprise General Ledger, PeopleSoft Enterprise Cash Management and SQR.
- Experience with Data modeling in a decision support environment.
- Exposure to QA Principle SEI CMM levels, ISO 9001, Software Development Analysis.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act, Section 404 key controls as implemented through project management methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent at identifying root causes and executing corrective actions.
- Experience in preparing Project Schedules and performing; Milestone Tracking and Resource Allocations using MS Project.
- Exceptional ability to work under high pressure and proven to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Strong Knowledge of Document Management and Workflow automation.
Rational RequisitePro, Telelogic DOORS, PVCS
Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Remedy
Dreamweaver, MS FrontPage, Macromedia Flash, Axure Pro, Snag It,
MS Visio, Rational Rose
Mainframe, DB2, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, TOAD, Embarcadero, Web 2.0
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes
CheckFree Recon Plus Frontier
Rational Robot, Mercury WinRunner, TestDirector
C, C++, Java, HTML, UNIX script, MATLAB, VB, SQL, TSL
MS Windows NT/98/2000/XP, UNIX, DOS
Master of Science in Information Network and Computer Security
Confidential,Franklin Lakes, NJ January 2008 - Present
Sr. Business Analyst
Project: The project was to solve negative balancing problem and automated the solution. Negative balance occurs when pharmacy has no activity and has payment owed to the client. An imbalanced occurs between Account receivable, integrated check writes and other related system. Any manual adjustment affects the Audit and compliance rules (835). An automated system was to be created to solve this problem. As per the D.O STD and Eligibility changes the member number and Rx number had to be expanded for compliance reason. Rx and member number expansions (in terms of bytes) were to be populated into the IW. The impact of the change on various systems was to be estimated and analyzed. I also worked for the Pharmacy benefit Management (PBM) application.
I was responsible for:
- Negative balance
- Analyze the requirement; understand compliance complications as per D.0 5010 HIPPA
- Understand the HIPAA Regulation 835(implementation guide) and gathering requirement from the BRD for compliance regulation.
- Worked on Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM)
- Requirement gathering for Negative Balance Forwarding regulation.
- Complete a through comparison of the present manual system to the required automated system.
- Conduct Joint Application Development sessions with various teams for requirement gathering and documenting meeting minutes
- Worked with Project Tracking System for information tracking and traceability
- Work with the business owner and SME for audit compliance for each of the deliverable
- Working with the technical teams for systems reviews and processing impact
- Using SDLC methodology to start with processing of the requirement
- Completed an Impact analysis on existing systems by the change
- Understand the compliance requirement to convert the system into an automated system.
- Creating flow charts for the process flow, use cases and Functional requirements
- Drafting FRD using optimal trace.
- Drafting SOP for tickets and maintenance issues.
- Update project plan with IBM portfolio manager
- Multi-tasking various project both under negative balance and other SSR
- Member number and RX number expansion for D.0 5010 HIPPA
- Expand member number from 18 bytes to 20 byte storage
- Expand Rx number from 7 byte to 12 byte storage
- Understand the inbound and outbound systems in this process
- Conduct JAD work sessions to understand the working system impact
- Create work scenarios and work session to come up to the most economical scenario of change.
- Create layout and mockup of the change to be made in form of the report.
- Worked on Impact analysis for each of the systems and their sub entities for both inbound and outbound systems
- Create business requirement and functional requirements using optimal trace.
- Work with the technical team for the development of Member and Rx number expansion
- Having cross functional review where in required for setup.
- Creating tractability between the business requirement and functional requirements.
- Work with the QA team for testing
Environment: UNIX, Windows XP, Oracle, Teradata, SQL, TOAD, SQL*Plus, Java, Asp.Net, UML, MS Office, Agile
Confidential,Indianapolis, IN November 2007 December 2008
Business System Analyst
Project: Front End Enhancements (FEE)
Project was based on Agile Methodology; at Precision Rx Specialty Solutions we use application TurboCAP as the FRONTEND Referral/Order Management application for processing specialty prescriptions. The application contains Patient, Insurance and Drug information. Most departments use this application to load Referrals and process Orders. TurboCAP is integrated with ProPBM, ProSERV, Back End Fulfillment System (QMSI) and various 3rd party applications like GENTRAN, RightFax, and PC ChargePro etc.
Project: Coordination of Benefits (COB)
The purpose of this project is to implement the functionality necessary to support correct end-to-end processing of Coordination of Benefits (COB) to ensure compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) regulations in with regard to COB. This project will address any gaps in Precision Rx Specialty Solutions enrollment systems to adhere to the CMS guidance for following:
- Send COB survey to new members within 30 days of enrollment confirmation.
- Send COB surveys annually to all existing members. Must make several attempts to collect the information using multiple methods.
- Utilize Silverlink to make automated outbound calls to members who do not respond to the COB surveys.
- Maintain history of COB survey mailing and COB data collected.
- Pass COB data to Pharmacy.
- Worked on Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM).
- Point of contact for iteration and scrum works for agile methodology.
- Pass COB data to the CMS COB contractor Group Health Incorporated (GHI).
- Identify and resolve any COB discrepancies between the health plan and Group Health Incorporated (GHI).
Project: Case Management (CM)
At Precision Rx Specialty Solutions we use application Case Tracker as the FRONTEND Case Management application for processes related to case management i.e., gathering and tying together information concerning patients, payers, employers, providers, facilities etc. At Precision Rx Specialty Solutions the application will help users to keep track of cases patients, which doctors are involved, diagnoses made, treatments prescribed or given, current status and progress, care and service plans being used, as well as other companies or individuals who are involved with a case. The application will also allow users to generate reports, maintain billing and accounting, and manage their schedule.
I was responsible for:
- Worked with SMEs (CMS & PBM), production staff to identify and map detailed current processes, gaps and failure points, perform root cause analysis and developed BTRD that supported overall strategy, goals and objectives.
- Was involved in all phases of SDLC, and understands and documented comprehensive business requirements, developed statements of work, process flows, performed gap analyses, performed system integration testing and assisted team members when possible.
- Conducted user interview sessions, gathered user specification and analyzed the requirements.
- Identifying and documenting business rules, created detailed Use Cases.
- Performed System Analysis and Design using UML.
- Worked in Agile Methodology.
- Performed analysis on ANSI ASC X12 TRANSACTIONS for example and NCPDP VER 5.1 Claim Submission & Claim Response Files to and from PBMs.
- Using detailed knowledge of Turbo CAP application features and functions, assessed scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents.
- Assisted in developing test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on functional specifications and/or product design.
- Assisted User acceptance testing of system, developed and maintained quality procedures, and also ensured that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Played key role, as a resource in understanding how systems carried out business functions and assisted in ensuring timely and effective implementation.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans, and conducted project related presentations.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvement.
Environment: Sybase Power Designer 15, MS Visio 2007, MS SQL Server 2008, Team Foundation Server, REACT, C#, Visual Studio 2008, Biz talk Server 2006 R2,MS Office Suite 2007,MS Project Professional, MS SharePoint Services, Visual C#, Web Services, XML, EDI X12, SSIS 2008, Trizzetto FACETS, Mainframe,DB2,Performance Point Server, Team Test Agent, Windows Server 2003
Confidential,Calabasas, CA October 2006 October 2007
Project: FDM Application
Confidential,has transformed into a leading provider of consumer and B2B financial services in domestic and international markets. The objective of the FDM project was to improve reporting capabilities and data redundancy for the finance department. Data marts were created for functional areas having on time reporting and performance issues.
I was Responsible for:
- Responsible for identifying scope, business and data requirements and artifacts of the project.
- Interacted with cross-functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Responsible for organizing meetings between various functional departments and our team in order to understand what data they are using, what dimensions are they grouping by, how often the reports are generated etc.
- Responsible for writing FRS, URS and Logical Data Modeling Document.
- Creating data models such as Logical and Physical data models using Erwin.
- Involved in data analysis and Data mapping of existing reports to identify and document iteration and business metrics.
- Responsible for understanding the functionality of the present reporting server and then assisted in the modification and design of reports to answers End Users unusual questions.
- Acted as consultant to the ETL and Front-End programmers.
- Figure out to make queries yield comparable data and then took part in the designing of queries for different DB in the Enterprise Datawarehousing.
- Served as a liaison between Clients and Technical Staff to resolve any conflicts.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagram using ERwin.
- Conducted user interviews, JAD session.
- Conducted the FRS, URS and LDM reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Actively participated in the design and creation of quick databases to store/manipulate subsets of data in conjunction with client reports.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance testing and Training of the end users.
- Was involved in CCB, quality and risk management activities. Generated management reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Developed Process flow diagrams to document the existing system.
- Involved in writing the Test Plan, numerous Test Cases and Test Scripts using Test Director.
- Organized, categorized and prioritized requirements to maintain focus on project scope. Used customizable attributes such as priority, status and difficulty for each requirement in order to organize and prioritize.
- Created test cases for FDR to perform Integration tests and verify the integrity of the accounts built on FDR.
- Manual testing for checking the data flow of the application using SQL.
- Performed backend testing to check the system data integrity for insert, update, delete and retrieve transactions by writing complex SQL queries including joins, group by, having clause etc.
- Performed Functionality, Integration, and System Testing.
Environment: RequisitePro, Teradata SQL Assistant 7.1,Toad, RUP, UML, Power designer 12.5, Microsoft Excel, Ab Initio, Acquisition (internal process), Business Objects
Confidential,New York City, New York April 2005 September 2006
Senior Business Analyst
Project: HLPMS Application
Worked, as a Senior Business Analyst on its Home Loan Management System This application is an online workflow system to book and monitor the loan portfolios. The business of this division is to process loan application from potential clients/customers, evaluate their eligibility, approve them, and maintain the loans till their closed. This includes client, debtor, invoice, pricing, and account information. Invoices are funded and payments are processed with accounts being managed accordingly. Reports are generated for internal and external use. The banks general ledger is synchronized with that of the system. The loan is repaid and removed from the system. The five primary stages in the life cycle of a loan are the request, processing, booking, maintenance, and closure stages. Joined the project while it was in the design & development
I was Responsible for:
- Responsible for defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathering business requirements, and documenting them textually or using models.
- Conducted user interviews, JAD sessions for deriving and writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS) documents.
- Reviewed and analyzed the Business Requirements, performed gap analysis.
- Wrote high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagram using Rational Rose.
- Higher understanding and to resolve conflicts between Clients and production Staff.
- Actively conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Categorized, prioritized and scrubbed requirements to manage project scope. Used attributes such as priority, status and difficulty for each requirement to bring order in organization and prioritization of the project.
- Involved in preparing flow diagrams for the decision logic using Visio tool.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Procedures.
- Assisted with CR and control, development issue, quality and risk management activities. Generated management reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Used SQL to manually test the data flow of the application.
- Conducted GAP analysis on the conversion process.
- Tested backend of the application to validate the system data integrity for insert, update, delete and retrieve transactions by writing complex SQL queries including joins, group by, having clause etc.
- Conducted Functionality, Integration and System testing.
- Actively involved in UAT and application training sessions of the end users.
- Involved with regular walkthroughs and meeting to discuss bottlenecks in the system and possible solutions with the development team.
Environment: MS-Office, MS-Visio, Oracle 9i, TOAD, UML, Erwin, MS-SQL Server 2000, SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX, Windows NT
Confidential,Richardson, Texas January 2004 March 2005
Business Systems Analyst
Project: Online Account Management System Application
I worked on Online Account Management System (OLAM). OLAM is online account management application for consumer account. It provides customer with capability of various online self-service functions, like bill checking, minutes/usages checking, pay bill, update profile, add rate plan, change rate plan, equipment upgrade and etc. This includes the ability to view bills, make payments, viewed there rate plans and features, or check minutes used. OLAM interacts with various other billing and customer care applications (CARE, TELEGENCE, CAM, LDAP, CEF, KANA and EBPP, Etc.) to provide the desired functionality to customers.
I was Responsible for:
- Actively involved in all phases of Project Life Cycle.
- Understands and documents comprehensive business requirements, develops statements of work, process flows, gap analyses, performs system integration testing and assist team members when possible.
- Responsible for Analyzing the BRs and writing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Assists project teams by defining data requirements and fulfilling them through thoughtful data design and data management.
- Provide requirement walkthrough to Dev and testing teams.
- Involved with regular walkthroughs sessions and meetings to discuss bottlenecks issues in the system and to identify best possible solutions to the development team.
- Conducted technical and feasibility study with third party vendors on ongoing system updates, enhancements.
- Followed Rational Unified Change Management Process.
- Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest as Configuration Management and Change control tools.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Process diagrams, Collaboration diagram as per UML 2.0 using MS-Visio.
- Developed Use case, Functional, Object diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Developed the Test plans for quality assurance based on functional requirements.
- Authored Process flow diagrams and business process documents to define system interactivity.
- Conducted review meetings with the development and testing teams to make sure that the functionality of the application meets the expected results and is in-sync with the requirements and the business process models developed during the inception stage.
- Evaluate Level of Effort (LOE), Impact analysis and Order of Magnitude (OOM) for various projects and CRs.
- Assisted database testing using SQL and was also assisting in the documentation of the complete testing process.
- Developed and executed test cases for systems testing and User Interface Acceptance testing.
- Review system test results, involved in creating periodic status reports.
- Regularly participated in the PDP meetings to discuss status for various initiatives, dependencies, constrains and assumptions.
Environment: Oracle8i, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL, TOAD on UNIX platform
Confidential,Gurgaon, India May 2002 December 2003Project: Contact Management Project
The CONTACT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMS) project is part of the CONTACT CARE (CC) project effort and aims at creating an electronic contact form and management system to replace the current phone answering service of the LONG-TERM- FOLLOW-UP (LTFU) unit at RANBAXY LABORATORIES. LONG-TERM- FOLLOW-UP (LTFU) unit currently handles by phone and mails all inquiries from home care providers in need of diagnosis and treatment advice for patients transplanted at Ranbaxy Laboratories Research Center. Inquiries are received by LTFU nurses, who discuss with a LTFU expert clinician during regular clinical meetings.Project: Data Mining Project
Ranbaxy conducted Data Mining project on its relational database to focus on retail, financial, communication, and marketing organizations.
I was Responsible for:
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose & Requisite Pro RUP in Clinical Phases I, II, III
- Formulated documents as per business requirements for existing and future business systems in the Pharmaceutical Environment
- Identified, researched, realized, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios under good GxP Quality Standards
- Participated in full project life cycle, including gathering user requirements, screen and report design, in addition to implementation and roll out
- Acted as a liaison between business staff and technical staff to articulate needs, issues and concerns as per GxP and IRB department requirements
- Analyzed and prioritized key reports for day to day servicing needs for products monitoring processing and Inspection, according to the HL7- industry experience.
- Was responsible for developing and managing project plans: system requirements, change management policy standard and procedures by utilizing Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- A strong emphasis on developing and producing daily, weekly, monthly reports for different departments, especially the Regulatory Department was practiced and documented in (EDMS) Electronic Document Management System.
- Ensured better compatibility and easier maintenance of application within the IT structure.
- Documented, reviewed, and verified testing procedures for compliance to Interface Quality Assurance and Development standards and policies and other required standards
- Integrated static data with other systems to maintain a central repository of common data
- Maintained a proactive stance with business relationship(s) to ensure the business needs are always met within GxP Quality guidelines
- Assisted with user testing of systems (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place
- Assisted the IS and Technical team in understanding and developing the functionality
- Conducted JAD sessions with business unit owners and portfolio team to capture business requirements and system behavior.
- Created client documentation, acceptance tests plan and user procedures. Served as a tester for systems and user acceptance as per 21 CFR Part 11.
- Maintained a good working relationship with departments such as, Research, Clinical Trial, and Regulatory departments and often communicated with them and provided technical support throughout the product development.
- Documented application features and operations in detail, including screen layouts, business rules, process diagrams, pseudo code and other documentation.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Suite (RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearPro), MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, , Windows, Oracle, Mercury Test Director MS SQL Server, Rational Rose, Clearcase, MS Access, iRise,