- Qualified professional with Seven years of extensive experience in the field of Business Analysis, working with the technical staff to implement management and staff\'s business requirements into the software application in retail and e-commerce environments.
- Successful in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) using Rational Rose & MS Visio.
- Experience in B2B, B2C and Ecommerce portals web application developments.
- Experienced as a Business Analyst/Systems Analyst in using the iterative software development life cycle principles of Rational Unified Process to manage, develop and test distributed client/server, Internet and intranet applications on heterogeneous environments.
- Highly proficient in working with users to gather requirements, analyze them and subsequently use the Rational project and design tools to model the requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of creating use cases, functional design specifications, activity diagrams, logical, component and deployment views to extract business process flow.
- Extensively used rational tools for UML, tracking and reporting and applied the Rational Unified Process in all areas of a software development life cycle.
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions, created Use Cases, work flows, screen shots and Power Point presentations for the Web Applications
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development
- Expertise in understanding and supporting the client with Project Planning, Project Definition, Requirements Definition, Analysis, Design, Testing , System documentation and user training.
- Used Rational ClearQuest for tracking and prioritizing defects and for enhancements after base lining the requirements.
- Used Rational ClearCase for Version Control of requirement documents.
- Well versed in writing queries/Scripts for Data Analysis and QA reporting and testing.
- Good knowledge of Workflows and Content Management Tools.
- Experience in Change Management Process (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Plan, Implement, Review and Close).
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Skill Sets
C, C++, HTML, XML, SQL.
MS Access, Oracle (SQL Series), DB2
Performance Modeling, Workload modeling & characterization , Capacity modeling
Crystal Reports 8.0
MS-DOS, Windows95/98/NT/2000/XP, Apple McIntosh, Linux
MS Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook), MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office FrontPage, Lotus Notes
Performance Testing Tools
Virtual User Generator, Load Runner
Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, UML & Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007
Requisite Pro, Win runner, QTP, Test Director, Quality Center
Confidential, Colchester, VT
Jan 2009 Current
The Project involved implementing an Ecommerce application which deals with B2B and B2C Customers where all the At Home and Away from Home users can make purchases online. The main goal of the project was to make Keurig.com a preferred destination for purchasing K-Cups through engaging, interactive and dynamic user experience. Project involved in Cultivating the passion of Keurig fans by building a sense of shared community online, and extending Keurig reach into existing online communities.
- Gathered and documented business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions and validate the needs of the business stakeholders.
- Documented the Process Flows for B2C and B2B in the High Level Requirements Document.
- Documented all the Detailed Design and Business Rules in Detailed Design Document.
- Worked with various e-commerce modules for electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Conducted tech reviews for various modules for the team.
- Specialized in integrating information systems and ecommerce/ebusiness initiatives for various organizations
- Involved in performance modeling of the system and lead the team for performance testing including strategizing the testing for the entire life cycle
- Created screen-mockups using iRise to review the requirements and provide feedback on the screen design. Also used Microsoft Paint to create ad-hoc screen mock-up to review with the users
- Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing from portfolio managers and UI (User Interface)
- Conducted Requirement Validation through requirement reviews and use of prototyping and planned how requirements should be verified by establishing Acceptance tests.
- Conducted user interviews and documented business and functional requirements.
- Performed Requirement Analysis and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data
- Involved in creating business processes and modeling diagrams using Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Created use case scenarios and documented work flow and business process using Rational Rose
- Documented requirements associated change requests with requirements and connected requirements with Use cases.
- Create technical design documentation for the data models, data flow control process, metadata management.
- Extensively involved in the modeling and development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Responsible to import the parts of the existing reports using Business Objects Live Office to develop the required reports in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models
- Created workflow diagrams, and flowcharts using MS Visio, which were used to diagrammatically represent the process of placing a request and getting approved or rejected.
- Gathered requirements and modeled the data warehouse and the underlying transactional database
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Requirement Document Specifications using Visible Analyst.
- Integrated RequisitePro with ClearQuest and Rose to provide all teams visibility and maintain tractability among requirements, use cases and change requests
- Managed all the requirements in RequisitePro, making requirements available to all team members.
- Used Crystal Reports to design a complex, on the fly, report that displayed complete charts based on the parameters.
- Coordinated various kinds of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, alpha & beta testing.
- Authored test plans, test cases for various test scenarios and helped testing team to better understand the test scripts.
- Used Test Director which is a Mercury tool to help manage defects and issues log during the testing phase.
- Performed extensive data modelling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content.
Environment:MS Office Suite 2007, MS Visio 2007, iRise, SQL, HTML, XML, Mercury Quality Center 9.0, RUP, UML.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Mar 2007 Dec 2008
The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the United States and worldwide. With nearly $19 billion in revenues, more than 2,500 stores and almost 130,000 Associates, our off-price mission is to deliver a rapidly changing assortment of quality, brand name merchandise at prices that are 20-60% less than department and specialty store regular prices, every day. TJX\'s off-price concepts include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods, and A.J. Wright in the U.S., Winners and HomeSense in Canada, and T.K. Maxx and HomeSense in Europe.
The goal of the project was to integrate and enhance the existing Web Based Ecommerce platform for purchasing apparel and sporting goods using Microsoft Commerce server to provide Business Analytics, Product Catalog, Targeting, and Profiling. The enhanced application provides utilities for selecting products, shopping cart, checkout, payment modes, and membership login for the discounts. The system is fully web enabled when a customer login and orders items by selecting from e catalogue, the data is transmitted to the application server, which in turn transmit to the process server and to the database server, accountabilities included procuring requirements for order management system.
- Gathered high level requirements and developed scope of the project for the implementation of Microsoft Office Share Point 2007.
- Built web application prototype using iRise
- Created operational model for the services, identified metrics to measure activity and service level agreement (SLA) performance, helped project managers move to steady state, and presently managing entire program.
- Conducted weekly meetings for deciding the Policies and Procedures to be followed while constructing new sites.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing firm\'s e-commerce initiatives
- Performed the requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Performed Website redesign, UI prototyping and screen mockups.
- Designed and developed Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams utilizing MS Visio.
- Documented the server farm requirements and requirements related to security within Share Point and using Windows Active Directory.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created workflow diagrams, flowcharts, activity diagrams, and use-case diagrams using MS Visio.
- Followed a systematic approach to eliciting, organizing, and documenting requirements of the system.
- Reviewed the Joint Requirement Documents (JRD) with the cross functional team to analyze the High Level Requirements.
- Created Physical Inventory process for retail stores, consisted of data integration and inventory processes with third party vendor.
- Established and developed a partnership with e-commerce and web firms to develop additional business.
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during the process of Requirement Gathering.
- Planned and documented procedures for data processing and prepared data flow diagrams for the application.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP methodology.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines.
- Documented the Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements related to them.
- Developed Data Conversion Strategy for converting data from the existing site to the new site.
- Designed workflows and allocated permissions within SharePoint.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance testing and documented detailed results.
- Provided input (scope, goals, risks, constraints, timelines and interfaces) to PM for project planning and control.
Environment: Windows 2000/XP, Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007, iRise, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, SQL Server, MS Project, MS FrontPage 2003, MS Access, EDI, UML.
April 2005 Feb 2007
Nordstrom, Inc operates as an online retailer in the United States. This project reduces long lead-time for report generation and gets a deeper insight for making better business decisions. This project is aimed at evaluation of Sales and Functional Performance of the business. This project gives the information on customers buying patterns and trend over a period of time.
- Interacted with business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the application.
- Performed the requirement analysis and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Used the requirement attributes (priority, effort, and risk) as the basis for negotiating the inclusion of the requirement, to manage the scope of the system efficiently.
- Developed UML Use Cases using Rational Rose and developed a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverables.
- Developed prototyping, prepared the test data and checked for the feasibility of the system.
- Generated UML based use-case diagrams and data flow modeling to provide the development team with a better view of the requirements.
- Support for an inventory management value assessment to improve financial performance and the customer experience by reducing working capitals and supply chain costs, and improving on shelf availability.
- The Supply Chain scope includes the entire supply chain from production order to shipping & delivery and order management.
- Created class diagram, sequence diagram, and collaboration diagram using MS Visio.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Understand the As Is system and develop the To Be system concept and also prepare the System Process Maps.
- Managed changing requirements which included establishing a baseline, keeping track of the history, determining dependencies that are important to trace, tracing relationship between related requirements and maintaining version control.
- Prepared and documented System Requirements and workflows for the Content Management Application tool.
- Checked Business Readiness and determined activities of flow.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing and documented detailed defects.
- Wrote Procedure Manuals and was responsible for continuity preparedness.
- Managed various tests, stored test information, reviewed and analyzed test results.
- Conducted presentations of the Q/A test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements.
- Employed Rational Clear Quest for effective Change Management (Requirements Creep) and bug tracking during the testing lifecycle.
Environment: Rational Rose and Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, XML, Windows XP, NT/2000, HTML, Vignette Content management Tool, J2EE (JSP1.2), XML, XSL, XSLT, HTML, SQL
Confidential, Warminster, PA
Oct 2003- Mar 2005
Worked as a Business Analyst of Store Systems for retail division of multi channel retailer Developed modification for in store systems, including POS system, merchandising reports and price file database Managed and implemented system enhancements
- Followed a structured approach to gathering and formalizing business requirements expressed by managers, process owners and operational users of the information system.
- Managed changes to the POS system
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Developed Use cases and functional specifications. And provided UML diagrams.
- Responsible for implementing supply chain and operations solutions in the exploration & production lines
- Analyzed business requirements and system architecture/design.
- Conducted JAD sessions with end-users to identify user requirements and also to collaborate with developers for application development.
- Involved in designing User Interfaces for developing prototypes.
- Captured system requirements by writing Use Cases.
- Developed procedures for processing of data and made process flow diagrams.
- Involved in reviewing Entity Relationship, Data Flow, State Transition and Class Diagrams with the Systems Analyst.
- Analyzed the As Is system to prepare a To Be system concept.
- Captured core business process information, business rules, business entities and other relevant information.
- Assessed risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process.
- Developed Functional Specifications and Q/Testing Requirements.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Rational RequisitePro to trace each software requirement.
- Interfaced with developers to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs in the software to validate end-user requirements.
- Developed Test Cases to validate the requirements and documented the Traceability Matrix for Test Cases and Requirements.
- Interacted and communicated clearly with development, testing and production teams concerning release management policies and procedures.
Environment: UML, Clear Case 4.2, Clear Quest 6.0, HTML, Crystal Reports, MS Office, MS Visio, VCM Tool.