- Business system Analyst with over 7 years of work experience in Healthcare Insurance processes, Banking and Financial Services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of its various methodologies like waterfall, Agile, Rup, Scrum, etc.
- Experience in writing Use cases and producing Use Case Model, Analysis model, Behavior diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams) and Class diagrams based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Business writing skills in writing Business documents such as, Use-Case Specifications, FRS, SDS, and SRS.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, ROI analysis.
- Experience in supporting strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhance decision making, and improve customer service.
- Expertise in Healthcare, Health Information Exchange (HIE), Electronic Health Records (EHR), Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and HIPAA regulated environment projects.
- Extensive experience in managing IT Projects from establishing requirements to installation, providing follow-up maintenance, database website design and implementation, production system documentation and training, performing Quality Assurance testing and database administration.
- Extensive experience in software modeling using various UML diagrams such as Class Diagram, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Deployment Diagram, Use case Diagram and Component Diagram.
- Masterly experience in Rational Unified Processing (RUP), Agile, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Requisite Pro.
- In depth knowledge of different perils of insurance including Property and Casualty, Health Insurance and Personal Line Insurance.
- Experience in Equity or Derivatives Trading Technology for an Exchange, Brokerage/Financial firm and Communication Protocols with Banking Systems.
- Extensive experience in gathering of requirements with strong Co-ordination with Business Owners, Developers, Testing Team and End Users.
- Strong skills in RDBMS backend testing using SQL 2005 and PL SQL queries and strong SQL tuning for the custom Demantra coding.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle Transformation Methodology (OTM) implementation methodology.
- Ability to understand end to end supply chain planning and Oracle demand planning.
- Knowledge of System Design, Architecture and Application programming Analysis.
- Experience in project management tools, project lifecycle and analysis templates.
- Organized many Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions.
- In depth experience in Database Administration.
- Ability to share the team vision and achieve goals under deadlines.
Programming Languages: SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, COBOL, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0/4.0, HTML 4.0,JAVA EE, J2SE5.0, .NET framework 3.5 , Informatica V8.6. Database Systems: SQL Server 2005/2000 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Sybase 12, DB2, and MS Access 2003/2000,Teradata,Metadata. Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Erwin. Process Tools: Rational Rose Suite, RUP, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, XP (Extreme Programming).PORTIA V9.0, FIX, SWIFT, SASV9.0. Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognosv8.0. Operating System: Windows NT 4.0/98/2000, XP, UNIX, Sun Solaris Version Control: PVCS, Rational Clear Case Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise Suite, QTP V9.5, Win Runner V9.2, Load Runner, Quality Centre 10.0. MS Suite: MS Office, Ms Access, Ms Power Point, Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Visio
Academic Qualifications: Bachelors of Engineering (B.E. Mechanical).
Confidential, Dallas, TX Sep 09 – present Role: Business Analyst
- Reviewed project budgets, risk analysis and mitigation, issue management, root cause analysis, project schedule development and tracking using MS Project.
- Served as the Client interface, working with the Client to establish project requirements and Project roadmaps.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including gap analysis.
- Conducted ROI (cost-benefit analysis) resulting in increased efficiency and reduced cost.
- Chaired Requirement Gathering Sessions (RGS), Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and Joint Application Requirement (JAR) sessions, and lead the effort to get Business and System requirements baseline (stakeholder approval).
- Sat on the Change Control Board and participated in the Release Management Process for the Projects for which I was responsible.
- Proposed and analyzed technology decisions and directions focused on the Oracle eBusiness Suite Procurement products.
- Reviewed Charter Documents/Business Requirement Documents and prepared Use-Case Specifications, System Requirements Specification and UI Functional specification documents
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Worked as Medicare Advantage SME to review data/files.
- Worked on ICD 9/10 codes, HIPAA regulations, SOX compliances and EDI 278.
- Worked on Health Benefit Structure, Fee Schedules, Claims Pricing, Provided Contracts Data and System Conversion Testing ICD-9 Codes.
- Collaborated and reviewed the current state and future state business processes and workflows post ICD-10.
- Facilitated vendor management and gathered the vendor readiness towards ICD-10.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Participated in the bug review meetings, updated requirements document as per business user feedback and change in functionality of the application.
- Utilized a variety of reporting tools such as Crystal Reports and SQL for querying underlying database tables and resolve data issues.
- Involved in data mapping activities and creating mapping templates of source and target mapping.
- Extensive use of MS Project, MS SharePoint (used as the library for Project documentation and the communication of Project information).
Environment: RUP Methodology, MS Project, MS SharePoint 2007, HP Quality Center, MS Visio, MS SQL Server, EDI 4010, 5010.
Confidential, New York, NY Jun 07 to Aug 09 Role: Business System Analysts / QA Coordinator (Government Project)
Responsibilities as Business Analyst:
- Interacted with the end users to identify and gather business requirements and transform them into functional requirements using Caliber tool and standard project templates.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the Business users, Technical architects, Data management team and the UAT team.
- Utilized RUP methodology to create Process Flow, System Flow, Use Case Diagrams and Interaction Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Identified and prepared Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology to defining the Data Process Models.
- Conducted walkthroughs of the various functional documents and involved in the preparation of the test cases, test scripts and Project plan.
- Worked as a liaison between the business users and the CAS AD team in resolving any design issues, change request approvals during design, testing and production phase.
- Worked as SME in Client Acquisition System and eNewBusiness – Underwriting application.
Responsibilities as QA Coordinator:
- Acted as QA offshore coordinator for 5 member of offshore testing team.
- Responsible for daily task assignment, knowledge transition, task reviews with offshore team.
- Defined and documented test plans for applications and ongoing projects.
- Coordinated functional, regression testing and UAT efficiently.
- Conducted ambiguity reviews and test plan and test case walkthrough.
- Involved in offshore resource planning and estimation.
- Perform daily status meetings, status update, test execution and management using reporting.
- Using QTP, Load Runner tools for test automation.
- Verifying the backend by giving SQL’s through DB2.
- Involved in preparation of VB macros for ease of testing.
- Involved in integration test plan, test execution, defect management in every release.
- Successfully participated in one of the key Initiative in Aetna – Risk Based Testing Approach.
Environment: Rational Rose, WinSQL, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Mercury Quality Center, JSP, Java XML, Microsoft Office, Windows NT, IBM DB2, Microstrategy.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WIzApr 06 to May 07 Role: Business Analyst
- Played an active role in gathering, analyzing, and writing business requirements.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements and communicated with the business on a non-technical level.
- Documented the Functional Specifications Document for International Money transfer platform using messages like SWIFT, CHIPS, etc.
- Adopting Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology with emphasis on its six best practices for iterative and incremental development. Planned all the RUP iterations and documented the artifacts throughout various phases. Conduct analyses of Business requirements and System specifications.
- Documented detailed business and functional specifications including trade flows and low latency post-trade processing.
- Implemented an enterprise class Ecommerce system which is currently supporting multiple sites.
- Developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Used Six Sigma procedures to identify the gaps and process improvement.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose and Visio
- Conducted JAD sessions between the end users and the development team.
- Worked with the software architects / developers to ensure that the applications conform to customer requirements.
- Solved complex payment issues.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing and reporting the bugs to the development team.
- Conducted project related presentations and provided reports to the higher management.
Confidential, Austin, TX Jan 05 to Mar 06 Role: Business System Analyst
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements, and managed it using Rational Requisite pro.
- Gathered Business Requirements, Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes, and analyzed and optimized the process.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Extensively worked on Contract lifecycle management tools like Selectica, Oracle Contract Management ranging from establishing corporate contract policies to tracking contract performance.
- Worked on various policies, procedures laid out by FDA in drug approval and drug logistics.
- Significant improvements in contract compliance management, and risk assessment.
- Worked on SFDC Sales Cloud, Service Cloud to enhance and track CRM capabilities.
- Responsible for preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD) and then translating into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Integrated Rational RequisitePro with Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest and Clear Case to provide the visibility to the teams and maintain tractability among Requirements, Use Cases, Change Requests and Configuration Changes.
- Interacting with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
Environment: UML, RUP, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio,), Visual Basic, Win Runner, Test Director, Windows 2000, Java, J2EE, Oracle 9i.
Confidential, New York, NY Feb 04 to Dec 04 Role: Business Analyst
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Microsoft Front Page, Rational Clear Quest, File net, MS office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Oracle 9i, Dream weaver, SQL, Windows, Mercury QTP.