Business Analyst with close to 8 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of applications in Banking, Insurance and Healthcare industry. Industry experience in Business analysis, specializing in requirement management, uses case analysis and change management. Highly analytical with excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving skills, and recognized for being a valued team player.
Business Analyst skills:
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, Release Management, and Client Relationship.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and spearheading meetings with Business stakeholders, subject matter experts (SME), senior management and technical teams.
- Experience in creating and reviewing Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) using different elicitation techniques like JAD, interviewing, questionnaires, brain storming and prototyping.
- Experience in creating Business Process Modeling (BPM) and different UML Diagrams including Use Cases diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Experience in Use case Analysis.
- Experience using techniques like GAP analysis, As-Is/To-be analysis and Impact analysis.
- Proficient in Requirement Management including gathering, analyzing, detailing, tracking requirements and managing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Involved with the test team in creatingTest Plan, Test cases, Test Scripts and assisting the clients in executing them before getting their approval during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Good understanding of SQL queries.
- Managed project from its inception to its implementation phase.
rup, waterfall, agile
business modeling tools
ms visio, ms project, balsamiq, enterprise architect
requirement management tools
rational requisite pro
defect tracking tools
rational clear quest
mac, windows nt/xp/2000, unix
sql server, ms access
c, c++, sql
hp quality center, hp qtp
sap business objects
Client:Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sep 2011- Aug 2012
Project Name: Clinical Claim Reporting
Role: Senior Business Analyst
CIGNA Corporation and its subsidiaries serve millions of people worldwide. It is known as a health and related benefits company. Clinical Claim Reporting project was to provide authorized agents and groups with self-service reporting via their respective portals to allow them to make better decisions on how to leverage groups' health care spending. The project involved generating batch reports and ad-hoc reports.
- Gathered requirements to understand business needs by conducting Joint Application Development (JAD)sessions and by interviewing business users.
- Studied the existing business process and createdAS-IS to TO-BEprocess flow to illustrate changes in the existing system. Used MS Visio to developed wireframes and Business Process Modeling (BPM) diagrams.
- Gathered and documented all the business rules/requirements documents (BRD) and Functional and Non Functional Requirements for the project using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SME's from various business areas including Sales team, Customer Service and IT Department.
- Created Use cases, Use Case Diagram, Business flow diagram, Activity diagram using Unified modeling language (UML).
- Served as a point of contact for customers if they had any new requirements or need to change current requirements.
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix and Change Management Request.
- Performed Impact Analysis to assess the impact of proposed changes by with the development team and communicated with Quality team about any of the impacted functionality that needs to be included in their test planning.
- Served as a point of contact for Technical team if they have any questions about requirements and needs my further explanation.
- Scheduled and led weekly meeting with technical team to track the progress and reported back to PM to make sure we are able to meet the deadline. Also kept the Business side posted with the progress.
- Worked with the testing team for creating and verifying Test Cases and for documenting Test Plan and Test Scripts.
- Conducted end user testing/User Acceptance Testing (UAT)and monitoring issues/bug fixing and verifying reliability and performance.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, HTML, SQL, SAP Business Objects, MS Visio.
Client: Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Jun 2010 - Aug 2011
Project Name: TCF Bank P & I engine
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential, is a Minnesota based national bank, providing retail and commercial banking services. The P & I engine, developed on TCF Bank's core mortgage system, is a stand-alone system and is capable of performing the principal and interest calculation based on company business rules. The engine, besides providing the basic functionality of Principal and Interest calculation facilitates Amortization Schedule.
- Gathering and documenting the requirements that are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software using Use Cases.
- Interacted with the "Users" by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements (BRD) and detail Functional and Non-functional requirements of the business.
- Prepared As-Is and To-Be Diagrams to understand the current business process and the proposed business process.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activitydiagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Used MS Suite to document requirements, associated change requests with requirements and connected requirements with Use cases using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams for the stakeholder review.
- Reviewed wireframes with users, collected feedback and revised design. Used Balsamiq to create screen mock ups/wireframes.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study to identify the business critical areas from USER perspective.
- Worked with the Tester for testing the system and for documenting Test Plan and Test Scripts and participated in testing with customers during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment:Agile, MS Suite, MS Visio, HTML, SQL Server, UML, Balsamiq.
Client: Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Feb 2009 - Apr 2010
Project Name: Customer Relationship Management
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential, provides health care services on campus to all enrolled students, faculty and staff of University of Minnesota. The project was to enhance the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Application, for Sales representatives to provide customer support, handle queries and create health insurance plans for the customers. Application connects to an array of databases providing a cost effective tool to validate patient particulars and verify insurance eligibility in real-time confirming to HIPAA standards.
- Conducted JAD sessions weekly and daily meeting to discuss progress of project.
- Gathered information from Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) about the impact, from the new application designed.
- Analyzed Business requirement and developed Business Requirement Document (BRD), and translated the User Stories into Functional Requirements (FRD).
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Analyzed requirements for making the system compliant with HIPAA standards, insurance eligibilities and benefits
- Validated existing workflows written for Member eligibility verification, security access in the portal, and created Use cases, activity and sequence diagrams for the same.
- Created Web page mockupsto help the design team to get a clear insight of the user requirements.
- Provided knowledge and support to the development teams to understand requirements.
- Created and executed Test cases / Test Scripts according to the Business and Functional requirements.
Environment:XML, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SQL, Rational Requisite.
Client: Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Nov 2007 - Jan 2009
Project Name: Online Quotes Clust
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential, is one of the largest auto insurers in the United States. Bristol West Insurance Group merged with Farmers Insurance group, the Online Quotes Clust project effort was on merger between two applications for Auto Insurance segment.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD)sessions to identify business rules and requirements and then documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Provided primary liaison between business and development
- Developed detailed Business Requirement documents (BRD) based on the project scope.
- Followed Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology for creating artifacts using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Involved in Requirement Scoping and analyzing high priority requirement for implementation.
- Created Use cases and UML diagrams from the list of requirements using Rational Rose.
- Participated in Design walk-through with SMEs to baseline the business architecture.
- Used Visio to carry out the business modeling and object modeling effort to develop the business architecture for the application for rapid and controlled Application development.
- Performed GAP Analysis between two applications and documented the impact between the gaps.
Environment: Windows XP, SQL server, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose.
Client: Confidential, Pune, India.
Aug 2004 - Sep 2007
Project Name: Max New York life Insurance Web Application
Role: Business Analyst
Max New York Life Insurance Limited is the largest life insurance company in India. The project effort was aimed at developing a secure, personalized Web service solution where customers can review policy coverage information, check policy or claim status, and resolve problems using problem resolution tools.
- Facilitated brainstorming sessions with the SME\'s from underwriting, customer service and fulfillment departments so as to capture self-service portal requirements.
- Created Business Process Modeling (BPM) diagram and Activity diagram that was used as a template to get the requirements from the users.
- Created Screen mock ups/ Wireframes for the self-service portal and authored the FRD (Functional Requirement Document).
- Created To-Be and As-Is Business Models based on business process.
- Participated in development of Test Cases, Test Scripts and kept track of all issues using the Issue Tracking Log and made sure all issues were rectified.
- Worked with the Quality assurance team and was involved in Black box testing.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the application.
Environment: UML, Windows 2000, MS Office,Rational Requisite pro, Enterprise Architect, QTP.