Ms. Pappa is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with more than 12 years of combined technical and management experience in Software Development Life Cycle, Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, Design, Data Analysis, Testing and Quality Assurance. She is an experienced team leader, with high proficiency in negotiations, short and long-range planning, and project planning. She has extensive client-facing skills, and expert oral and written communication, with an emphasis on effective communication of highly technical information. She has excellent analytical skills, including the ability to quickly identify and troubleshoot issues.SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Expertise and Core Competencies
- PMP Certification from PMI
- Project Planning and Management, including definition of project Scope, Schedule, Budget
- Stage/Phase Gate Reviews
- Full SDLC, including Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation
- Federal Government
- Health Care, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology
- Grants, Contracts, Intramural and Inter-agency Agreement Management
- Retail Systems
- Technical Skills, Software, Tools
- Rational Unified Process, including Use Cases, Use Case Models, Use Case Flow Diagrams
- Requirements Elicitation using direct interviews, workshops, JAD Sessions
- Technical Writing, Gap Analyses, Gantt Chart, Impact Statements, Business Needs Statements, Functional Requirements Documents, Supplementary Specifications
- Automated and Manual Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Production Support, Preparation of Test Scripts, Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Data.
- QA/Quality Control, Defect Analysis
- Data Analysis, Data Warehouses
- Modeling and diagramming
- Agile, Iterative, Waterfall methodologies
- MS Project, MS Office Suite including Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
- IBM Rational Suite, RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Rose
- Oracle 8.0/9i/10g/11g, SQL-Server 6.5, MySQL and MS Access
- PL SQL, SQL-Developer, Toad, used to mine and analyze structured data
- HTML-Kit, Teamsite, Visual source safe, CVS, Envy and SVN, SnagIT, MultiEdit, confluence/wiki, Citrix, Oxygen, JIRA, SQA, AppScan, SharePoint
- Automated test tools including WinRunner, QTP
- Windows, DOS, UNIX/Sun Solaris
Confidential, RCDC Project
Sr. Business Systems Analyst Feb' 10 - Present
As part of ICF Consulting's larger effort to provide technical and analytical support for an Electronic Research Administration (eRA), Sasi works for the Research, Condition, and Disease Categorization projects (RCDC) RCDC is a new computerized reporting process that NIH uses to categorize its funding in medical research at the end of each fiscal year. The NIH reports funding data to the public for 229 historically reported categories of disease, condition, or research area. RCDC provides consistent and transparent information to the public, scientists, and the NIH staff about NIH-funded research. RCDC also provides funding data for categories beyond the 229 public categories that are used for NIH internal planning and analysis. The RCDC report includes NIH's Extramural Research, Research and development and Intramural Research funding.
- Assist in project planning; oversee development and testing activities to confirm correct implementation of requirements.
- Create Business Needs Statements and Project Management Plans
- Conduct Lessons Learned meetings
- Prepare for Stage/Phase Gate Review meetings
- Prepare project scheduling
- Lead the team in full Requirements Elicitation Efforts:
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes.
- Conduct Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, interviews with stakeholders and end-users to solicit, document, and validate requirements.
- Meet with stakeholders and user groups to prioritize requirements and planning for the releases.
- Write requirements specifications using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Define, maintain and manage system requirements (Use Case Models, Use-Cases, Supplementary Specifications, etc.)
- Provide LOE estimates for requirements analysis work, participating in the planning for the systems requirements development and artifacts completion.
- Maintain requirements traceability (features to requirements to test cases to design and development artifacts).
- Clarify requirements for other teams (Architecture, Development, Test teams).
- Set up and conduct system requirements review meetings.
- Lead the team in full Testing, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control Efforts:
- Provide production support, Impact and Data Analysis.
- Coordinate and plan User Acceptance Testing.
- Participate in Quality Assurance reviews of the architecture, design, and test artifacts.
- Validate the system during the course of development and also after the deployment.
- Regularly revisit old defects, enhancements and scheduling the releases.
- Lead the team in Analysis and Planning for End-of-year processing
- Write complex SQL statements in Oracle database to mine and analyze structured data.
- Work in other related applications/ databases like RCDC LAB, 'LikeThis', NBS, NIDB, RePORTER, IMPACII, QVR, eRA cart, IRDB and etc
Test Team Lead June' 09 - Feb'10
Team 5 NIH/eRA
- Led the test Team and assigned work to the team members; ensured team members followed all possible scenarios
- Reviewed team members' test cases before the TRR and provided the recommendations
- Conducted TRR meetings for test case reviews with test team and with other team members, including the Requirement analyst, Development lead, IV & V and Project managers.
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions
- Worked on various new enhancements such as Best Fit, Online1688, etc;
- Participated in Lessons Learned meetings
- Worked on complicated data procedure testing
- Did extensive database testing using external sources like NBS and NIDB
- Worked on complex user upload and business rule
- Performed database and UI testing in Dev, Test, Stage and Production environment
- Worked with internal and external clients for their testing
- Reported defects in Rational Clear quest; Create and maintain test cases in Test director
- Created Regression Test cases
- Worked with other applications Crisp Plus and Geocoding.
Senior Software Tester/Technical Specialist Sep' 08 - May'09
- Worked on various new enhancements such as Best Fit, Online1688, etc
- Reported defects in Rational Clear quest
- Created and maintained test cases in Test director; Test case reviews with test team and with other team members like Requirement analyst, Development lead, IV & V and Project managers
- Performed extensive database testing using external sources like NBS and NIDB, as well as database and UI testing in Dev, Test, Stage and Production environment
- Helped to create Load Test script
- Created Regression Test cases.
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Director, Clear Case, Clear Quest, QTP, J2EE, Hibernate, SQL Developer, MS VIZIO, MS Office, Snag-It.Confidential, MD
QA Engineer Oct' 05 - Sep' 08
Confidential, provides a Web-based solution for clients like Whirlpool, Sony, BestBuy, Sears, DELL, Sharp, Samsung, Panasonic and many more. This application provides the full-cycle of warranty claim processing that integrates post-sale service transactions between manufacturers, retailers or extended warranty providers and their network of parts suppliers, distributors and service providers. The ServiceBench Service Management solution includes Service Call, Field Service, Parts, Repair and Warranty Management. It streamlines the labor-intensive process of managing product registrations, filing, validating and adjudicating warranty claims, paying reimbursements and recovering the cost of faulty parts.
- Analyzed the Business requirements.
- Prepared the Requirement Tractability Matrix (RTM) document.
- Created test cases and test data.
- Prepared Test cases and review them with project managers for new implementations
- Tested New implementations for client and retailers like Whirlpool Mexico, Horizon, CFM, DELL, Sharp, Samsung, Panasonic and Whirlpool Maytag integrations
- Reproduced the production issues and bugs in test environment
- Used QTP scripts for regression testing;
- Backend testing using SQL / TOAD
- Used UNIX scripts for import and export
- Performed XML-BMS interface testing
- Reported issues in JIRA Problem Reporting system;
- Interviewed new employees, Trained and assisted other team members.
Environment: Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Java, XML, Oracle, SQL, Windows, UNIX, HTML, TOAD, FTP Pro, JIRA, Confluence.Confidential, MD
QA Analyst Oct\' 04 - Sep '05
The main scope of this Granite Marble & More (GMANDMORE) project is to place the orders and view products manufacturing status online.
- Analyzed user/business requirements and developed System Test Plan and Test cases;
- Performed Functionality, GUI and Backend Testing
- Performed Manual Testing of this Web based application and automated by using Win Runner
- Performed integration testing and regression testing
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues
- Involved in documentation, walkthroughs and inspection meetings;
- Used Win Runner to record the functionality and to playback for GUI environment
- Involved in Database Testing by writing SQL queries
- Used Test Director for updating the status of all the test cases & test scripts that are executed during testing process
- For the web version of the system, tested the browser\'s ability of the identifying the various Web objects and hyperlinks created for this system and reporting the "broken links" found.
Confidential, is an online shopping cart system that will allow the user to purchase the "cardbox". Cardbox is a decorative "box" used to hold cards during the special events like wedding.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycle;
- Analyzed the user requirements and interacted with system architect, developers and business users
- Developed test cases and prepared Test data;
- Actively involved in performing functionality, regression and integration tests;
- Tested the application compatibility in all versions of Netscape and Internet Explorer browsers
- Tested Database by retrieving the data from the tables using SQL;
- Report the bugs, Emailed notifications to the developers;
- Interacted with developers, users and various team members to discuss and to resolve defects and their priorities.
Marketing - MIS April' 96 - Oct' 00
LMW is an ISO 9000 certified global player and one among the three manufacturers of the entire range of Textile Machinery. LMW is a leader and the only company in Asia outside Europe to manufacture the entire range of Textile Machineries, CNC machine tools and Foundry makes Precision Castings for industries. Lakshmi Cots and Coatings (LCC) is a division of LMW which manufacturers Cots and Aprons for textile spares and Powder paints.
- Marketing the products
- Dealing with distributors;
- Keep track of receivables and follow up with the customers and dealers for the collection
- Generating monthly reports for sales;
- Generating the projection reports for every month
- Work with production department for stocking the fast moving products
- Work with accounts department in invoicing;
- Work with the transportation companies for dispatch.
Masters in Business Administration, Accounting & Marketing
Bachelor in Business ManagementCERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING
Project Management Professional
Training, Certification 2010
National Library of Medicine
Training, Gateway, ClinicalTrials.gov, PubMed 2005
UTI, Gaithersburg, MD 2001
- Received Bonus award for coordinating various testing efforts and provided critical support for several complex database procedures (RCDC/eRA/NIH) - at ICFI
- Received out-of-cycle increment from the Client for outstanding work
- Received Excellent reviews for Technical ability and Quality of work
- Received ORS Director's Appreciation awards
- Received SPOT Award for extra effort and hours in bringing client to production - at ServiceBench
- Received highest review for Time/Task Management, Adaptability, Flexibility, Initiative - at ServiceBench
Public Trust Background Investigation Complete (at NIH)