- Over 13+ years of professional experience in the Information Technology industry, with expertise in areas of as a Business Analyst, Scrum Analyst, Software Quality Lead & UAT Coordination . Effective team member with excellent interpersonal skills. Vast industry experience in Insurance (P & C) (Guidewire Claims, Billing & Policy centers), Banking Financial, Health Insurance and Retail domains . Analytical approach to problem solving with excellent interpersonal and Project Management skills, proven skills in creating Test Strategy, Test plans, test cases and execution of functional tests working on GDM model.
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and STLC models; involved in all phases from Inception/Planning to the Implementation stage.
- In depth knowledge and experience in Classic Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, RAD (Rapid Application Development) methodology, thorough understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA&D) concepts.
- 7+ years of experience as Business Analyst and Quality Analyst in Insurance (P&C) industry with exposure to Commercial and Personal lines.
- Strong understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design
- Hands on Experience in designing requirements for Guidewire Claims, Billing and Policy Center products involving from inception to implementation phase.
- Expertise in QA methodologies with hands on testing experience in functional, Regression and End to End testing as well as manage off - shore and on-site teams.
- Initiating discussions with stakeholders, conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SME's), asking detailed functionality aspects of business process and carefully updating the information to the requirements in an easily understandable format.
- Expertise in in UML (class diagrams, object diagrams, GAP Analysis, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and collaboration diagrams) as a business analysis methodology for application functionality designs using IBM's Rational Rose and Data Flow Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Successfully demonstrated technical leadership in handling large scale teams and multiple complex projects having strong knowledge of Testing tools, Change management, Metrics analysis and Defect management.
- Hands on experience with expertise in test management tools such as Rally, Quality Center (ALM), ClearQuest for defect tracking, resolution and reporting.
- Expertise in Project Planning, Project Design, creating functional specifications and data flow diagrams.
- Experience in working with cross-functional groups, different levels of management and liaison between system users, company management and development team.
- Expert in understanding & implementing software quality best practices, test strategy, test planning, test case design, execution and process improvements with Manual & Automation.
- Windows XP/Vista/10, 13, Mac OS MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rally, VSS Rally, JIRA, HP Quality Center(ALM)
- Oracle 11g, MS SQL, MS-Access HTML, XML, Web Services C++, VB script, SQL & PL/SQL Data driven, Key word driven & Hybrid
- Policy Center, Billing Center, Claims Center and Contact Manager
Confidential, Wooster, OH
Business system analyst /QA Analyst
- Followed Agile Methodology in Guidewire implementation, elicited requirements and detailed them in User Stories in Rally
- Captured requirements conducting interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions and workflow analysis for Workers Comp and BOP LOBs.
- Created Mockups and added them into user stories along with business acceptance parameters.
- Performed organizational impact analysis in the process of gathering requirements for both the proprietary as well as customer trades.
- Develop business relationships and integrate project activities with project team members, primarily QA and Software Developers, to ensure successful implementation and support of projects.
- Worked with Vendor to present the requirements and specifications of the product.
- Created Test plans and cases for ClaimCenter at sprint level and E2E flow as per the Business Requirements and is successfully went Live on legacy systems.
- Coordinated testing and maintained the issue log to be submitted to the vendor for issue resolution.
- Demonstrated user scores on the various functionalities and presented the same to the large audience for approval.
- Prepared the RFC (request for change) and created the deployment checklist to ensure the smooth production release.
- Managed development team through the project System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) while keeping project timeline in MS Project and using agile project management methods.
- Planned and executed a workgroup examining templates and methodology standards, leveraging experience to recommend best practices on improving IT templates, processes and methodology
- Presented status reports to senior management regarding project progress.
- Interacted with cross-functional teams to ensure both technical and financial targets were reached.
Environment: Guidewire 8.04 (PC, BC, CC CM), MS-Office, MS-Visio, SQLServer, AQS, UFT12, and Rally.
- Worked with the business users to elicit business, functional and non-functional specifications in aggressive Agile environment.
- Acted as a liaison between the technical staff and the Business Partners.
- Assisted project managers in the development of project schedules.
- Analyzed and designed Business Process Flow Models, Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Data flow Diagrams, using MS Visio to depict process flows and PowerPoint presentations.
- Implemented Traceability Matrix and User Case Specification Document and verified the functionality coverage.
- Prototyped the application, providing screen shots for better visualization.
- Conducted iterations and communicated results and milestone achievements to the stakeholders while keeping the developers closely updated on all documented refinements.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade or change the specifications for the product.
- Involved in developing the test strategy and helped in developing QA Test plans.
- Worked on Policy Admin System, Claim Center for Property & Casualty Personal & Commercial Lines.
- Managed Clock Movements for Time travel scenarios for End to End and Regression test phase.
- Performed Integration Testing between Policy System, Billing Center, Claims Center and Contact Manager.
- Mentored new QA testers on Guidewire suite of products and test execution techniques.
- Policy data creation for model office testing achieved by Automation QTP script.
- Extensively worked with all ALM 12(Quality Center 10) modules Management, Requirements, Testing (Test Resources, Test Plan and Test Lab), Defects and Dashboard.
- Expertise in best practices of automation development efficiency, maintainability and reusability.
- Created backlogs, tasks from User stories and involved in Sprint Planning meetings, Work effort estimations & Retrospective meetings
- Participated in daily Stand-ups/Scrum Meetings, played role of scrum master .
- Coordinated with Multiple Teams on End to End Test Case Design, Test Execution and Test Data needs.
Environment: Guidewire 7.0 (CC CM), MS-Office, MS-Visio, SQLServer, AQT, ALM12 and Digital Portal.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Involved in project planning, effort estimation along with tracking project progress, worked on multiple Projects simultaneously by coordinating with project management and supporting teams to ensure timely and quality of project deliverables.
- Actively engaged with the Cross Functional Data Coordination teams (FACETS, CDHP, ITS, LUMINOS) to ensure that data generated for use in completing project test scenarios meets the business requirements and supports thorough testing of project test objectives .
- Work collaboratively with Confidential BA's in requirement gathering and analysis for ITS and CDHP Claims processing, Enrollment and Adjudication process.
- Partner with the core Project Team, QA Functional Leads and Project Release & Planning Support teams to ensure that a collaborative environment is established to successfully deliver products and services quickly, efficiently, and consistently.
- Involved in System Integration and end to end testing activities for Enrollment, Claims processing, and Adjudication and EOB activities.
- Work closely with supporting teams such as Business Analysts, Development and Luminous teams to ensure detail coverage of all test requirements for test case preparation and execution to reduce cost of quality in preliminary stages of testing life cycle.
- Participate and add value in all project related meetings from requirements phase through Implementation, including all Enterprise Testing and Release coordination meetings, and increase Awareness of project testing services in all necessary forums.
- Review software documentation, train team members, facilitate and involve in test execution for SIT along with Onsite and Offshore coordination and execution of test cases.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Liaise with XLI BA's and other teams involved in the migration project. Created work plan for all the testing activities, involved in scheduling and tracking project activities.
- Work collaboratively with XLI BA's in gap analysis and sizing.
- Lead, organized, and facilitates all aspects of test planning, estimation and execution.
- Developing Test Matrix, Test cases for functional and Automation testing.
- Coordinating with supporting teams for environment set up for test execution.
- Provide directions for regression suites, methodology, tools and techniques to ensure smooth testing.
- Performed smoke test after each and every code drop to avoid high cost of quality may appear during last stage of testing life cycle.
- Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP ) to automate smoke and Regression testing.
- Identifying critical scenarios for Load testing and preparation of Test Plan for the same.
- Back end testing using SQL statements and Defect reporting and Quality Assurance activities.
- Scheduling, managing and reporting status of testing activities. Prepared and presented to transition plan to management to ensure smooth transitions to the teams.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed user requirement document, specifications and developed test plans, test cases, test scenarios and RTM, which includes Testing Overview, Test Objectives, Testing Strategies and Test Environment, what will be tested, what will not be tested.
- Involved in gap analysis of requirements for Credit card web application that includes IVR testing and MLS objectives.
- Involved in SIT testing, prepared detailed test cases by understanding the business logic and end user requirements for manual testing.
- Participated in Walk-through, inspections and reviews of specifications, code, and test Cases.
- Assisted the team with daily QA tasks. Attended project meetings, offshore meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Extensively used PL/SQL to validate the data on Oracle server tables in order to view successful transactions of data and to validate data at the back end.
- Tracking testing activities through Project plan schedule and coordinating with offshore team for issue resolution and clarifications.
- Facilitate and Mentor team throughout the testing life cycle to ensure smooth flow of the project to achieve productivity and bug free software.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Prepared detailed Project plan and test plan based on Requirements Document. Track and communicate progress of the project to senior management.
- Developed and organized training programs to the teams to ensure productivity and Quality are met.
- Defined Test strategies and validated test scripts to evaluate various business scenarios.
- Performed Compatibility Testing to check whether the application is can perform consistently across different platform.
- Developed and executed Test scripts Test Cases, performed Volume, Performance, and Base line and multi-user tests.
- Created SQL Queries that could be run by users to retrieve certain information frequently or periodically
- Performed Integration, Regression testing using QTP as an automated testing tool
- Updated logical and physical description using GUI map
- Checked the user defined functions and exception handling to enhance the application using QTP.
- Analyzing new requirements and writing test objectives, Preparing project plan on MS projects, preparing presentations on Power point to track and share the project progress to management.
- Create test plans and test cases in the test repository (Test Director) for core product and product customizations.
- Design and document individual test procedures.
- Extensively worked with Telecom Inventory system related to ERP application for iDEN technology w.r.t distribution management.
- Performing Sanity testing, System testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, System Integration testing and User acceptance testing,
- Accurately record test results, diagnose problems, and track resolution. Demonstrating the software system functionality and providing complex functional, technical and process consulting services to clients.
QA Test Lead
- Analyzed Functional specifications and developed test plans, test cases and Test Scripts for Web - Applications using the Quality Center
- Develop and implement test plans
- Conducted Web testing, GUI testing, Backend testing of Web applications
- Regularly followed up with the development team to discuss the defects identified During Testing
- Conducted Sanity, Functional, Regression, and Performance testing on each new build, identified software errors and Interacted with developers to resolve issues
- Investigate software bugs and create detailed test plan documents that include the steps for verifying expected results versus actual results, and comments columns
- Involved in submitting Bug reporting, tracking and documentation, Using Action Request System (A.R.S) to list problems for different modules
- Managing the team for deliverables . Review of test cases, arranging internal meetings for Issues, clarifications.
- Verification of logs on UNIX environment, providing support to development team for any issues related to shipping process.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Environment: Windows, Web logic, Java script
Skill/Tools: Clear Quest, Win Runner and Test Director
- Understanding business requirement as per requirement documents, test design including LLD and HLDs, preparation of draft for test plan, analysis and clarifications.
- Active leadership includes Test Plan Development, Test Case Development, Regression Test Planning, Performance Test Planning coordination, and Automated Testing.
- Preparation of Test specification document, draft for traceability metrics and its monitoring.
- As a Test Lead handled responsibilities for SDM deliverables like Test Plan, Test cases, Progress reports Automation reports and Test Completion reports.
- Creation of test scenarios, effort estimation for testing activities, study of tools, analysis report for automation activities.
- Analysis of defect reports on Clear Quest tool, providing suggestions, defect tracking for each build activities and its maintenance.
- Review and enhancement of test cases for its changes based on Change Requests and design specifications.
- Execution of scripts on Test Director, mapping defects, monitoring automation runs through Win Runner and enhancement of scripts bases on test cases modifications.