TECHNICAL SKILLS,LANGUAGES & TOOLS Create Technical Specifications: Production Problem Analysis System Analysis Data Analysis & Mapping Project Life Cycle (SDLC) Program & Data Conversion COBOL, COBOL II, COBOL 390 JCL, IMS DB/DC, MFS, CICS (command & macro) SYNCSORT, PROCS, Assorted Utilities and IDCAMS DB2, SPUFI, QMF, FILEAID, ENDEAVOR, PANVALET EZTRIEVE, VSAM, EXPEDITER, INTERTEST BMS, MQ SERIES, SQL, TELON, XICS, VANTAGE DATA BASE VANTAGE I/O, FTP
Documentation WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS Flowcharting/VISIO MICRO FOCUS COBOL ANIMATOR SAS FTP TSO/ISPF CMSProto typing ABENDAID
Project Management Microsoft Suite of Products On-shore & off-shore management of resources Work load management Training & mentoring in programming, analysis, and testing skills Mercury tools Ralley iRise
(Note 6/85 to Present; IT Consultant, thru Confidential, my own company)
10/11 – Confidential Senior Business System Analyst
- Conversion of Commerce P&C systems to Mapfre’s TronWeb
- Participate in JAD sessions to capture business requirement
- DB2, SQL queries for analysis
- Examine both systems for gap analysis, data mapping, & process mapping
- iRise used to proto type new (replacement processes)
- Produced Gap analysis reports
- Produced Functional specifications
- interview SME with regards to Mass Auto
- Team member on the initiative to update the WEB portal supporting CIGNAs provider
- Use of Story Writing and Agile philosophy with the project life cycle
- Data and process flow documented
- Creation of Functional and Technical specifications
- Creation of test plans with Use Case
- Technical environment – DB2, Rally, AGILE
- DB2, SQL queries for analysis
04/10 - 10/10 Confidential Business System Analyst
- Part of a major effort to replace current Claims System, primary focus is pricing on the contracts supported.
- Conversion of CIGNA data to HP/EDS MetaVance system which will be replacing current system.
- Claim process with emphasis on Pricing
- DB2, SQL queries for analysis
- JAD Interviewer/participant, data mapping and its documentation with regards to the conversion activities needed
- Organization of multiple sources of input to single output for a data warehouse repository
- Technical environment – Informatica, Micro Soft suite of tools, Quality Center, SDLC/EDGE, CaliberRM
10/07 – 10/09 Confidential Independent IT Consultant Business Systems Analyst/Developer
- General supports to the compensation system for agents
- Design, built, and implemented process to handle ROTH (similar to 401K)
- Design, built, and implemented process for Agent’s valuation. Agent retention based on future earnings from residuals.
- Re-write agent’s pension’s process to comply with 409 regulations concerning qualified and non qualified compensation.
- Provided business and system analysis into enhancements and problem resolution.
- Roth was a major enhancement, SDLC processes were followed, a successful implementation
- Supported Vantage system as well as home grown systems, online and batch.
- Technical environment: TSO/ISPF, CICS, COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, EZtrieve, and Vantage
10/06 – 9/07 Confidential Independent IT Consultant
- Worked with several small to medium businesses with regards to hardware and software solutions, Business Analyst agenda was adhered to.
- Train personnel in software or procedures to become more productive.
- Recommended new or updated current software and hardware updates.
- Utilized business intelligent operatives of process modeling and data modeling to develop a more efficient organization.
- Customize software to business needs.
- Suggested IT and business solutions to accomplish business needs; general ledger, mailing, reporting
04/06 – 10/06 Confidential Quality Assurance Analyst/ Systems Business Analyst
- Developed, created, and implemented a series of test plans critical to the pharmacy system with regards to a new business entity.
- Process modeling was used to gain knowledge currently ascertained, then a new company code was introduced. This new code followed the old process, yet at the same time was unique for reporting.
- Medicare enhancements investigated as to system requirements mandated by law.
- Utilized Test Director for the logging of defects and the history in solving them.
- Utilized my technical abilities to investigate CIGNA systems and data.
- Based on project requirements and specifications, created test data for IT staff.
- Technical environment – DB2, SQL, FILEAID, data comparison utilities, COBOL, EZtrieve, FOCUS
03/06 – 04/06 Confidential Senior Systems Business Analyst
- Key team member doing a feasibility study into developing a more productive process into fixing current production problems within the auto system
- Reviewed ratabase code and legacy code with respect to problem.
- Utilized Test Director for the logging of defects as well as their history,
- Developed and documented methodology with working out problems.
- Trained personnel in auto insurance and ratabase process
07/02 – 11/05 Confidential Business Systems Analyst/Developer(programmer)
Confidential , State of Texas Auto Insurance Business Systems Analyst/Developer (programmer)
Confidential, Underwriting Rules/ RUP/ Blaze Advisor Business Systems Analyst/Developer (programmer)
08/98 – 07/02 Confidential (Manufacturing, shipping, time & material systems/ SAP) Business Systems Analyst/Developer (programmer)
- SAP introduced as the new software to process and control aero manufacturing data. Business Intelligence using data modeling and processing modeling was used to establish the current environment and add a basis for conversion.
- IMS data was analyzed, rationalized, and modeled. This preceded the loading of the relational data base utilized by SAP.
- SAP process is canned and generic, process modeling was used to compare and add additional logic
- Worked heavily in managing overseas personnel in the timely development of new code
- Identified gaps within the new SAP process and current legacy process
- Develop, tested, and implemented interfaces with SAP and the legacy databases
- Develop and utilize a test plan, full cycle and verify results
- Designed, coded, and tested interface modules bridging SAP with the mainframe
- Utilization of MQSERIES for communication to the SAP environment on the mid tier machines
- Provide user enhancement to the legacy system with regards to bar coding of parts, printing, and reporting
- Technical environment - IMS DB/DC, DB2, SQL, MQSERIES, COBOL370, SAP, ENDEAVOR, FILEAID
06/90 – 08/98 Confidential Project Lead/Business System Analyst/Developer
01/90 – 06/90 Confidential Senior System Consultant/Developer
06/89 – 12/89 Confidential Senior System Consultant/Developer
01/88 – 06/89 Confidential System Consultant/Developer
05/87 – 12/87 Confidential System Consultant/Developer
12/86 – 04/87 Confidential System Consultant/Developer
12/85 – 11/86 Confidential PROGRAMMER
6/85 – 11/85 Confidential Consultant/Developer
Preceding 6/85 I was employed by the following companies as a Programmer
4/83 – 6/85 Confidential
4/81 - 3/83 Confidential
1/80 - 4/81 Confidential
B.A. Psychology Business Programming MBA courses Small Business Administration Classes Assorted formal technical classes in C, PowerBuilder, SAP ABAP, Delphi, Oracle, Erwin, DB2, MySQL, IMS DB/DC, Micro Focus Cobol and Animator, COBOL 390, Fileaid, and Technical Writing