Professional with extensive experience in human resources administration, benefits, training and professional development of employees.
- A goal-oriented front line leader, dependable and strongly committed to achieving company and department goals.
- Proficient at working in a service provider environment with focus on compliance, retention, support, customer feedback and satisfaction.
- Major strengths in identifying areas of improvement, creating a productive work environment and morale with enthusiasm
- Proven troubleshooter who utilizes problem-solving technique and welcomes challenging projects.
- Well organized, attentive to detail professional.
HR Policies and Procedures
Staff Recruitment and Retention
Training and Development
Employee Network Groups
Orientation and On-Boarding
Auditing and Budgeting
Confidential,Raleigh NC 2005 – 2011
A Fortune 250 energy company servicing more than 3.1 million customers throughout the Carolinas and Florida.
Senior Human Resources Support/Human Resource Business Analyst,
- Headed the Employment Testing Program for the Carolinas. Managed daily operational support associated with screening and testing applicants for targeted positions.
- Partnered with recruiters to ensure candidates eligibility and business unit management to assist with adverse impact analysis and forecasting to help meet targeted goals. Worked closely with workforce management to develop future projects that would aid the program with enhancements to prepare for future workforce with a focus on active and passive candidates
- Developed relationships with targeted specialty schools to recruit students for pipeline programs, internships and coops. Worked job fairs at local and out of state colleges
- Maintained testing data, material security, policies and procedures. Ensured compliance with Edison Electric Institute’s operational standards.
- Trained, certified and supervised a staff of Test Administrators. Traveled to Nuclear and Fossil plants, regional offices and operational centers throughout the Carolinas proctoring career diagnostic instruments to help develop employees looking to advance their career and those who were impacted by redeployment decisions.
Confidential,Raleigh, NC 2003 – 2004
One of the world’s largest providers of financial services. Offering investment management, retirement planning, human resources and benefits outsourcing for over 20 million individuals and institutions
Human Resource Business Analyst
- Assisted the customer service team in the employee benefit programs by resolving customer service problems that had escalated beyond tier I supervisors. Served as a daily contact for health and welfare vendors. Assisted with ongoing management of day-to-day administration of plans, such as payroll, billing, claims and appeals research. HIPAA compliance, reporting. Conducted surveys with operational components for implementation related to new vendors, mergers, acquisitions and divestures.
- Reviewed and responded promptly to ERISA benefit claims and appeals, court orders, subpoenas, etc. A subject matter expert for the research and resolution staff. Identified areas for improvement and implemented new procedures and processes for IBM’s service team.
- Monitored plan participation, vendor performance and customer feedback. Assisted with the migration of two applications, Oracle Advance Benefits and Oracle Accounts Receivable to service over 285,000 active and retired employees. Performed back-up work for investigating and resolving employee insurance concerns.
Confidential,Cary, NC 1999 – 2003
Formerly PriceWaterHouseCoopers (PWC), Mellon HR Solutions provides human resources outsourcing services such as administration, compensation, payroll, performance management and learning services.
Department Liaison (Mellon) / Lead Participant Services Specialist (PWC)
- As liaison between four departments, analyzed monthly reports driven from the customer survey that assisted with quality control reviews. Monitored calls and consulted with the case specialists. Attended monthly conference calls held by management staff. Resolved escalations received from the client.
- Organized a focus group with three senior case specialists, performed trend analysis and generated reports to update clients. Decreased client escalation by 45% and increased customer satisfaction.
- Conducted demonstration interviews to prospective employees, followed by debriefings with human resources and the recruiting staff. Scheduled and planned team meetings. Worked with department manager to create agendas, and held team-training classes to help improve monthly performance.
- Originally hired through PWC (1999) as an Employee Benefit-Case Specialist. Processed employee distributions. Supervised and provided lead technical support to a team of 32 case specialists.
Completed ongoing training in the areas of:
Compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, workplace safety/security, diversity, project management and effective presentation