Results-driven, detail-oriented, adaptable and well-qualified Business Analyst with over 8 years experience in areas of business requirements analysis, banking, capital markets, trade finance, sensitivity analysis, data mapping and reconciliation, financial modelling, documenting business & functional specifications, providing liaison to QA support, test scenario & test case preparation and strong SQL skills
- Strong subject matter expertise and experience in the domains of Banking ( Corporate, Retail, Investment), Global Custody, Payables, Receivables, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Financial Statement Analysis ( Balance Sheet, Income statement, Cash Flow statements), Transaction analytics, Data mapping, data analysis , Equity Analysis, Reference data, LBO & DCF Modeling,Trade Finance (Letter of Credit, Bank Guarantee), Record Keeping Systems, Corporate Actions, Investment Banking, front, middle and back office banking software.
- Strong banking experience with deep understanding of bank products (B@ncs24 and FINACLE) and processes
- Strong data mapping and data analysis skills - Expertise in MS Excel, MS Access and SQL
- Expertise in credit analysis (corporate & retail), analysis of financial statements, performance ratios.
- Strong experience in full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, configuration & change management, and project management.
- Extensive experience in developing Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Use Case Specification Documents, Product Definition Document (PDD) and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in writing advanced SQL, Test Cases and Test Scenarios, engaged in functional testing process, executing User Acceptance Tests (UAT), and compiling test completion reports
- Monitored project planning and management by documenting and maintaining plans, managing issue logs, developing Project Plan, Work Breakdown Structure using MS Project. Familiar with the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile methodologies.
- Strong communication skills in engaging Project Sponsors, Business stakeholders, subject matter experts and Business Users in gathering the intricate workings of business processes.
- UML Modelling and Analysis: Created Use Case, Activity, Sequence, Data Flow, Business process modelling (BPM) diagrams using Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect and MS Visio.
- Performed Feasibility Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Data Analysis/conversion using Oracle e-Business Suite and Risk Analysis for Financial Institutions.
- Tracked and resolved issues raised by Quality Control team during SIT and UAT testing.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST Confidential May 2008 - Present
Client - Confidential July 2010 - Present
Cost Basis Reporting: Construction of a Pre-Processor to normalize, standardize and map incoming data from the source application to the respective data fields of a tool to calculate the Adjusted Cost basis
De-duplication Logic: Flag duplicate positions by identifying mirror and omnibus accounts of Global Custody accounts to reduce Positions inflation at the Global level.
History Reclamation: To migrate Positions data from Jan'09 till date from an archived to an EDW server.
Data Governance Portal: Develop dashboard to gauge accuracy of Customer information metrics
Client Cube : Develop metrics to gauge drivers ( payables, receivables, assets, liabilities, credit information) and service performance ( transmission rates, surveys, major incidents) for clients
- Collaborated closely with business owners, cross functional groups, stakeholders of all geographies to gather, analyse and document Business and Functional Requirements (BRD and FRD).
- Strong understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, Global Custody, Payments, Receivables, Liabilities, Reference data, Corporate Actions, Fund Accounting, Risk Management, Positions, Transactions.
- Data mapping from Source systems to Data Ware House and to Data Mart to onboard the data
- Facilitated sessions for volume requirements, design reviews and periodic sessions for on-going progress.
- Performed and documented Gap Analysis to determine deltas between existing and proposed systems.
- Contributed to the project plan, Work Breakdown Structure using MS Project and maintain RIAD logs.
- Facilitated knowledge transfer and review sessions of the FRDs with all application development groups.
- Created and managed Change Control Requests (CCRs) and managed Traceability matrix.
- Developed Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Cases for SIT and UAT Testing
- Created and executed test cases using complex SQL queries based on functional requirements.
- Data mapping from the current Warehouse to the new Banking Data Warehouse.
Client - Confidential May 2008 -June 2010
Confidential: The project Multi Manager introduces multi managers to manage portfolios in a Mutual Fund. It has a parent-child structure and a tree structure to calculate profitability of each manager.
Record Keeping Systems : RKS is a complex portfolio asset management system that records and accounts for all investments in an investment portfolio and interfaces with other systems for data entry and data export.
Payables and Receivables: Reconciles Payables and Receivables data of legacy systems to Global module.
Wash Sales: Identifies Wash Sales among purchases & sales made by investors and calculates taxes.
- Worked closely with business sponsors to gather business & functional requirements to develop BRD, FRD, project plans and conducted functional knowledge sharing sessions with developers and testers.
- Developed Use Cases for end-user requirements and created data for functional testing.
- Developed detailed Testing Framework, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix.
- Formed detailed UAT and QA test plans, managed system testing and preserving testing documentation.
- Test Case Preparation and execution of the test cases in advanced SQL with TOAD for Oracle.
- Researched new developments, functional changes; developed new frameworks to implement projects.
- Assisted Sales force to strategize client needs for RFI/RFP stages and developed effective marketing plans.
MANAGER & CREDIT ANALYST Confidential Aug 2005 - June 2006
- Evaluated credit proposals for corporate and personal credit by MPBF method and estimated the net worth.
- Supervised bank operations, cross selling of products, annual and quarterly reporting, maintenance of ledgers/suspense accounts.
- Analyzed credit worthiness applications by reviewing financial capacity, repayment capability etc.
- Prepared Credit Appraisal recommendations for approving/rejecting/amending the credit facility limits
MANAGER & CREDIT ANALYST Confidential June 2002 - July 2005
- Performed credit risk analysis, credit limit & drawing power calculations for corporate clients based on stock statements and assessing the hypothecated stock with frequent visits to the warehouses.
- Processed the complete lifecycle of Trade Finance -inland Letter of Credit, Bank Guarantee, Bank lien, clearing systems, bill collections and bill payments.
- Performed checks and devised a process plan to prevent fraud in Letter of Credit, Bank Guarantee, Bills of Payment & Collection process.
- Credit appraisal of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises by analyzing balance sheets, cash flow statements, and key performance ratios.
Confidential, NY (financial modeling and valuation training ) Dec 2010 - Jan 2011
- Performed company valuations utilizing (i) comparable public company analysis, (ii) precedent transactions analysis and (iii) discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis
- Built fully-integrated financial statements projection model, LBO model, accretion/dilution merger models and analysed data tables for sensitivity analysis.
Confidential, Kolkata, India June 2006-Apr 2008
- Analysed financial statements of banks, heavy machine industry and automobile firms and calculated performance ratios. Analysed MPBF method, CAPM, Gordon Growth methods and DCF, LBO Models.
- Designed process to mitigate Credit Card fraud risk for online orders in Australian geography.
B.E in Electronics & Communication.
CFA Level 1 Candidate
BUSINESS MODELING TOOLS : Rational Rose, Enterprise Suit, Ms-Visio, Enterprise Architect
FAULT TRACKING TOOLS : Quality Center
METHODOLOGIES : Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile methodology
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES : C++, HTML, SQL, UML 2.0
DATABASES : MS-Access, Oracle, Oracle e-Business Suite
WORKFLOW TOOLS : MS-Project 2002, MS-Office
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member of MBA On-campus recruiting placement committee.
- Member of the Editorial Committee, campus annual magazine.
- Volunteered in educating the rural school children, West Bengal, India.
- Runners-up in the National Marketing Research contest conducted.