Profit-focused, team-oriented operations professional with proven business acumen who will utilize business knowledge, good character, positive attitude, well-rounded experience and a strong industry network to ensure smooth daily operations, aggressively resolve problems, foster impeccable relationships with clients and counterparts, and strengthen the performance and success of the operations team. Strong B/A knowledge ( Business Specification, Business Requirement Documents, Test Case scenarios created and defects researched and resolved.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in multiple businesses including securities lending operations and trading, as well as prime brokerage sales.
- Relationship development expertise that will allow me to build strong daily network to ensure quick resolutions to problems, and success of day to day operations.
- Converted Morgan Stanley Smith Barney onto Loanet full service platform.
- Led acquisition conversions of four firms into First Clearing Corp.
- Managed conversion of First Clearing Corp back office system to Loanet.
Confidential, Business AgentJune 2011 - Present
Holmdel, New Jersey
- Solicit bank mortgage products to various real estate agencies, attorneys, and financial advisors.
- Responsible for developing new business contacts.
- Attend training for Federal and State Mortgage Lending Originator exams.
Confidential, Securities LendingBusiness Analyst ll(Consultant)May 2010 - December 2010
Jersey City, New Jersey
- Assigned to lead team in conversion of present back office system to full service Loanet system.
- Completed Business Requirement Documents in conjunction with technical support staff.
- Worked closely with Stock Loan Trading Desk in supporting their daily needs.
- Responsible for Book Keeping and Recall Test Script.
- Implemented substitutions of Margin Securities.
- Insured possession and control met the necessary requirements.
- Tested and verified all entries against D.T.C Reconciliation and Book Keeping Ledger Records.
- Reported any and all defects to department manager.
- Reported to upper management all findings for review and sign off.
- Assisted in updating current Stock Loan Procedures to reflect changes is daily activity.
- Worked on the implementation of interest sharing program onto Loanet system.
- Worked with settlements, buy ins, re-org department with procedural changes pertaining to stock loans and borrows.
Confidential, Liquidation SpecialistMarch 2009 - March 2010
Jersey City, New Jersey
- Researched all domestic and foreign Cash Dividend breaks and allotted monies to proper customer accounts.
- Investigated money wire breaks and applied them to correct bank account and/or customer account.
- Handled all suspense accounts with statement and ledger breaks.
- Assisted with Stock Loan suspense items (mark to market monies, cash and stock dividend breaks, stock record breaks). Met deadlines for liquidators and auditors for all breaks.
- Assisted with aged fail to deliver and receive breaks for middle management, auditors, and liquidators.
Confidential, Securities LendingOperations Specialist / Business AnalystSeptember 2007 - March 2009
Whippany, New Jersey
- Worked closely with management in streamlining lending processing activity.
- Assisted manager in writing BRD and finalizing test scripts.
- Reconciled contract breaks and aged billing differences.
- Assisted in implementation and enforcing short sale procedures.
- Assigned full responsibility of maintaining contract compare minimizing month end billing differences.
- Assisted in daily balancing of department’s activities versus DTC.
- Reported department’s overnight excess figures and defining reasons for overnight financing.
- Controlled anomalies report, processing Re-orgs, Stock Splits and allocation of borrow returns.
- Loanet knowledge (Mid-Month Billing, Month-End Billing, Contract Compare, Mark to Markets both receive and deliver, Borrow and Loan set ups, Callback Return Function, Unmatched borrows, loans, and mark to markets).
- Assisted with Int’l Stock Loan activity with Global One System ( Borrow / Loan Set-ups, rate changes, DK’s ).
Confidential, Stock Loan Operations Consultant / Business AnalystMay 2006 - December 2006
New York City, New York
- Worked with team of analysts in creating BRD for system enhancements
- Finalized test scripts for testing and verification.
- Reconciled contract breaks and aged billing differences
- Assisted with borrow returns and allocating securities for callback.
- Returned securities off the excess collateral report each morning and reported cost of financing to management.
- Handled Financial Consultant’s requests for Short Selling Approvals.
- Assisted with rates changes and contract comparison when needed.
- Balanced Broker #’s 5284 and # 221 daily activity to D.T.C.
- Resolved borrow return reclaims daily minimizing financing charges.
- Checked daily positions intra-day, resolving pending deliveries differences ensuring delivery requirements were completed.
- Completed and monitored all D.T.C. income tracking for Brokers #’s 221 $ 5284.
- Assisted with international clearance when needed.
Confidential, Stock Loan Operations ConsultantOctober 2005 - April 2006
Princeton, New Jersey
- Reconciled all aged billing issues.
- Assigned control of contract comparisons report to reduce month end billing issues.
- Assisted RE-Org and Dividend departments in cleaning up aged breaks.
- Reported to management any and all anomalies on a daily basis.
- Assisted with the department’s end of day balancing to D.T.C.
Confidential, Senior Vice President(Sales & Operations ) September 1987 - January 2004
New York City, New York
- Managed a department of 7 full time employees
- Managed Stock Loan Sales and Operations
- Controlled the lending of margin debits in conjunction with the firms daily borrowing needs minimizing cost of financing margin debits.
- Expanded the lending program from a 3 million dollar lender to a firm high of 1.5 billion dollars.
- Initiated and maintained Stock Loan conduit business.
- Assisted the Treasury Department in daily funding requirements.
- Ensured all securities were borrowed covering customer short sales, fails to deliver and all firm requirements were met.
- Set up short sale procedures in compliance with Security and Exchange rules and regulations
- Managed credit limits within guide lines provided by the firm’s credit committee.
- Reported monthly departmental profitability to upper management for review.
- Initiated procedures to restrict the lending of customer margin debits over dividend record date complying with new legislation.
- Directed four major conversions, including a new front end system for Stock Loan (Loanet)
- Maintained a professional level of relations with all accounts. ( List of contacts furnished upon request)
- Worked with several departments within the firm on issues pertaining to dividends, reorganization, compliance, delivery vs. payments, settlements etc.
- Reported directly to upper management with regards to departmental budget.
- Coordinated meetings in regards to system issues, compliance policy, and procedures.
Confidential, Operations SupervisorJanuary 1984 - September 1987
New York City, New York
- DTC, Loanet, Global One, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project
- Hide resume attachment