Objective: Business Analyst / Quality Assurance with exceptional record of delivering cost effective, high Quality technology solutions to meet challenging business demands. Extensive qualifications in all facets of information systems methodology from conceptual design through documentation, implementation, user training, quality review, and enhancement.Summary:
- Over 7 years of QA/BA experience in all phases of life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Finance, Insurance (P&C, Lawyers Liability), Fixed Income, Health Care, ERP(e-procurement), Supply Chain Mgmt
- Expertise on System support via Testing, designing UI, after production support, UAT and setting business Processes.
- Experience in testing database applications of RDBMS in ORACLE 8i, SQL Server and Sybase using Toad and Rapid Sql.
- Excellent experience in directly working with end customers, managing internal and external customer relationship and communicating verbally and in writing on daily basis.
- Adept in identifying Functional Points and converting Business Needs into Business Requirements Design (BRD) & Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), and user interface specifications.
- Extensive experience in Rational Suite, Clear Case, MS Visio and Agile, Rational Unified Processes (RUP) waterfall and V- model.
- Experienced in defining Test Methodologies, designing test plans and test cases, Verifying and validating Web based applications and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of SDLC.
- Proficient in all cycles of test life cycle from Test planning, defect tracking, managing defects life cycle and responsible for test deliverables, status reporting, issue escalation and defect trend analysis.
- Extensive experience in Requirement gathering, Quality Assurance and User training in SDLC methodologies
- Expertise in UML (Use Case Diagrams, User Stories, Sequence Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams) as a business analysis methodology to define the Business Model using Rational Rose and MS Visio
- Preparing and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Testing Estimation, and Test Plan.
Industries: Insurance, Finance-Fixed Income, Portfolio Management, Supply Chain Management, E-Procurement, Healthcare.
Functional Areas: Business requirement gathering, Quality Assurance, User Training
Methodologies: V-Model, Iterative, Waterfall, Agile Methodology, RUP.
Confidential 01/10 - Present
Domain: Insurance and Financial Banking
Role: Product Owner/ System Analyst
- Working as a Product owner / Solution Specialist to gather business requirement and prepare BAD/BOM.
- Preparing EPIC stories for System Analyst and Architects in each Sprint Iteration.
- Responsible for preparing data dictionary, Sql queries and read Java code for Developers to fix defects and change request
- Responsible to write user stories, use cases, prepare wireframes and conducting demo sessions with business users.
- Involved in conducting User Acceptance testing with business user and involved in discussion about user stories.
- Prepare Test Plan, test Cases, Test strategies and defect tracking for each iteration.
- Responsible to facilitate Requirement gathering session, Initiating, defining, Solution Scoping, preparing System documents with data dictionaries.
Client Name: Confidential 01/09 - 10/09.
Domain: Confidential, claim
Role : Sr. Business Analyst/Quality Assurance
Project Description Summary
TPP web is the web based portal to write quick, qualified and New business policies. This system allows user to write Dealer’s blanker, professional liability, Commercial General liability, Garage Liability, Inland marine, Crime etc type of policies. This system further communicates with Doug Creek to pull rating for states based on Eligibility factors and claim system to check existing claims and Account Receivable/Payable. New web-based system was transformed from Legacy Mainframe system for external Sales Agents, underwriters and Claim.
- As a BA: Responsible to Develop requirements, Document functional and Non Functional requirement (BRD, Use cases, UML, User Manual), Review & Sign off and communicating Requirement to IT.
- Responsible to create UI designs, UI mock ups and write business rules based on that for IT and QA Team.
- Conducting Web demonstration of application to business stake holders, QAs, Developers and Users.
- Responsible to review other BRDs, tracing and export to developers.
- Meeting and interviewing direct clients and other stakeholder via Story board, JAR and WAR session for requirement capture.
- As a QA: Responsible to prepare Project plan, Test plan, review test cases, traceability matrix, Testing Strategies, User Manuals, Training Plan, Testing Estimation documents for web and client/server application.
- Worked as a JIRA Router and solely responsible to handle all defects routing, clarification and research of BR and assigned it to IT upon validation of defects.
- Responsible for conducting Training, UAT with end users, BETA, Integration, System and Data base testing in SQL, Data mapping and defects life cycle.
- Pro-actively worked with developers and business analysts to assure critical and severe defects reduction before integration and system test
- Environment: J2EE, Pega PRPC, MS Visio, Quality Center 9.0, JIRA - defect tracking, Rational Req Pro- ETL tool, Rational Team Concert, EDMS, Agile methodology- Scrum, TDD, MS office suite.
Confidential. 06/08- 01/09
Domain: P&C - commercial lines, liability
Sr. Business Analyst/ Functional- Quality Assurance lead
Grand Rapids MI
Policy Management Generation 3 is a web based client/server application that allows all internal (underwriters, CR Team) and external users (Agents, wholesalers) to create a new policy, quote and indication for Policy Line as Lawyers professional liability, P& C- commercial lines- business owners and property , and Policy type as Select, Essential and Premier. This project includes data migration from existing system Protech (written in Cobol) to PM3, Document generation, migration and managed with integrated tool Onbase, includes integration with Claim to update claims from Insured and integrated with Great Plains,for maintaining accounting information for account debited or credited for new policy premium and account settlement.
- As a Business Analyst responsible to analyze function and nonfunctional requirements and deliver Business Requirement document, UI specification, Screen Mock ups.
- Developed detailed Use cases and User Interface specifications for the features implemented, Prepared Activity Diagrams (UMLs) as a part of Use Case Specifications in MS Visio.
- Facilitated joint requirements planning sessions, Story Board, Brain storming sessions with users to collect requirement.
- Worked as a Product Owner in Scrum Agile methodology, responsible for conduction sprint planning, project backlog, sprint/iterative backlog, user stories/Story Card, review scrum release etc.
- Involved in SDLC from Business Requirements Analysis to Development, Testing, Deployment, Documentation and Support.
- As a Quality Analystresponsible to create Test Plan, Test Metrics, Test Estimation, Test Cases, test cases review, Testing status report and Testing Scope from BRD and FSD.
- Pro-actively worked with developers and business analysts to assure critical and severe defects reduction before integration and system test.
- Created detailed test status reports, performance/capacity reports, web trend analysis reports and graphical charts for upper management.
- Responsible for writing test cases, setting up entry and exit criteria for testing, reviewing test cases, signing off BRD as a QA Lead.
- My Other Responsibilities Included: Responsible to prepare User Training Material, User Manuals for the deliverables and facilitated practitioner training sessions for users, marketing team, external agents.
- Set up Testing best practice and process analysis, set up different environments for Dev, QA, Users and Production, Set up Agile methodologies for project.
- Responsible to update Rate Sets for Compliance Team for 32 states using Protech.
- Facilitate Integrated BETA and UAT (user acceptance testing) with business and external agents.
- Responsible to all BA and Functional QA activities and sign off.
Environment: VB.Net, My Sql, PHP Oracle, TFS- Reporting Tool, Quality Center 9.0, JIRA - defect tracking, MS office suite, Agile methodology
Company Name: Confidential, Boston MA
Domain: Finance, Insurance and banking 06/06-05/08
Role: business Analyst and QA Boston MA
Project Description Summary: Portfolio Managers were needed a system to generates Portfolio for their customers and they needed portfolio engine integrated in front end Research Desktop via STP or Error.
- Analyzed functional, non-functional requirement and technical requirements and prepared deliverables including Software Requirement Specifications, User Interface Specifications, data mapping screen mock-ups, report mockups.
- Developed detailed Use cases and User Interface specifications for the features implemented, Prepared Activity Diagrams (UMLs) as a part of Use Case Specifications in Photoshop.
- Exposure to real-time Financial/trading application on Investment Mgmt, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, Equity, Fixed Income, Corporate Actions etc.
- Actively participated in Kick-Off meetings to get a better understanding of the project scope and project requirements.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro as a Requirement Mgmt Tool, Rational Rose, Clear case for Version control.
- Involved in the User Acceptance Test, assisting the users in executing test scripts and validating conditions.
- Involved with the IT and QA team to fix the defects tracked in UAT and integrate the final build to the production environment.
- Thoroughly used DATABASE Testing for data mapping, Data testing between 2 web applications, inserting data, retrieving data using SQL queries andSybase Rapid SQL.
- Followed Agile Methodology as a Scrum model, RUP style.
- Organize, traced, developed and review Test Cases in Mercury Quality Center 9.5. Involved in Requirement gathering and matching requirement with the test cases.
- Functional requirements of the updated system and mapped them to individual test case requirements through Traceability Matrix.
Environment: J2EE, Oracle 8.0, .NET,VB, D2k, MS office suite ,Sybase, windows 2000/NT, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Case, Quality Center, Rapid Sql, Toad.
Client Company Name: Confidential, Bangalore India
Client Industry Type: E-procurement
Domain: ERP, SCM 05/05-06/06
Role: Business Analyst and Quality
Project Description Summary: Confidential was created for E-procurement, to communicate between supplier and Buyer to do all transaction on this network.
- Served as a bridge between business team and the project team by assisting the business in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs.
- Interacted with users, stake holders, PM and client to prepare Business case Document.
- Worked on General Ledger, Account Payable and Catalogue, Fax, Order Routing, Buyer methodologies modules of E-procurement.
- Translated the business needs into functional and Non Functional requirements, communicating with the business on a non-technical level, and with the System Analyst on a more technical level.
- Prepared deliverables including Software Requirement Specifications, User Interface Specifications, screen mock-ups, report mockups.
- Used MS Visio and Rational Suite as a RUP Style. Involved in Inception, Elaboration, and Construction and Transition phases.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understand the Use Cases and worked with quality control teams to develop Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Track and review running test cases by the team on Perforce.
- Unit testing, functional testing, UAT, regression testing and one Pager.
- Report periodically defect metrics statistics in Siebel (Bug Reporting Tool).
- Involved in Browser compatibility testing using Mozilla, Fire fox, Netscape and IE
- Responsible for writing Sql queries, interconnect two different Data from Sybase to Oracle testing using Toad 7.0 and Rapid Sql.
Environment: J2EE, Oracle 8.0, D2k, windows 2000/NT, Perforce, Agile Methodology, Rational Suite, Mercury Quality Center, Toad 8.5.
Company Name: Confidential, India
Industry Type : Insurance 01/04-05/05
Role : Quality Analyst
Project Description Summary: Claim Workstation System for Fiserv for Insurance claims and billing.
- Prepare Generic test strategy & test cases for web portal.
- Prepare Test Plan, Test Coverage, Find defects, Logged defects and help in resolving.
- Maintain Traceability matrix and prepared documentation and deliverables as per the client/business standards.
- Test Performed: Web, Regression, Functionality, System, Integration, Validation, Acceptance, UAT, Transaction, Volume/Load and Negative.
- Laid down the complete set of processes for the entire Testing lifecycle including, Integration Test, User Acceptance Test and System Test along with the Entry / Exit criteria for each phase of testing.
Environment: J2EE, Oracle 8.0, D2k, windows 2000/NT,Win Runner, Manual testing, Test Director 7.5, Bug zilla.
Company Name: Confidential, India
Industry Type: Health care 01/02-01/04
Project Description Summary
- Development of requirements, test plans, test cases and execution test cases
- Designed test plans as per the business requirements.
- Performed Front End and Back End testing.
- Performed Unit, Integration, system and regression testing.
- Worked with the Business team to conduct ad-hoc testing on the application
- Report Generation were in ASP. Testing is done manually.
Environment: VB, Asp, sql server and ODBC ConnectivityAwards
Best Performer Award
Best Performer Award (Q-2)
Highly appreciated at Auto-Owner for Bug researches and routing. 10/09EDUCATION
- Masters of Computers
- Bachelor of Accounting