- Over 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst in Health Care and Finance industries.
- Complete Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), involved in various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- Experienced in implementing the Rational Unified Process (RUP) in all four phases of a project: Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition.
- Highly experienced on implementing HIPAA standards.
- Highly experienced in analyzing, management, and validation of requirements throughout the projects.
- Expert in writing Functional and non-functional requirements
- Proficient in Rational tools including Rational Rose and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Expert in identifying gaps, which require operational change in order to optimize system solutions by GAP analysis.
- Experienced in conducting User Acceptance Testing and coordinating with the UAT participants to gather the requirements.
- Expert in creating User Acceptance Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios to measure requirements.
- Proficient in Acting as liaison between management and development team and QA team for requirements and conducted JAD sessions.
- Proficient in creating Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams and Activity Diagrams using UML methodology in MS Visio.
- Extensive experience on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, and Rational Suite.
- Excellent experience in change control processes and maintaining requirements traceability.
- Experienced in Rational tools and in writing Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Scenarios.
- Strong customer/user advocate, apt negotiator with excellent analytical, communication, decision-making and organization skills.
Education: Masters in Business Administration
Skillset: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, HP Quality Center, Optimal Trace Assistant, SnagIt, Optimal Trace Enterprise, SQL Navigator, Quest Central, Rational Unified Process, UML, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS Access 2000/2003/2007.
Confidential, Albany, New York 11/2011-Present Business Analyst The project at New York State Department of Health is to rewrite the Tracking Application which was built in 2000. The purpose of Tracking 3.0 project is to incorporate the changes associated with a 10 year old application with changing requirements that is built on a non-supported framework. This project has been created as a rewrite of the HIV/PS Web Tracking Application to a 100% document based surveillance application that will integrate improved technology, New business rules and new user requirements with a look and feel that is more continuous with partnering application while complying with the confidentiality and security requirements specific to HIV/AIDS data.
- Analyzed existing Business units, Business process, System/ Application and there Interfaces with their capability through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions.
- Gathered requirements from Business Managers, Supervisors, stakeholders, Surveillance Team and the subject matter experts through meetings to understand needs of the system
- Involved with project management team in developing project plan
- Worked closely with the Lead Business Analyst to monitor progress, and the deliverables for the project.
- Created Use case diagrams using MS Visio.
- Gathered all the required information related the incoming data and data sources for the Tracking Application.
- Created a thorough Data Analysis document in order to gather the accurate data for the rewrite of the application and also to demolish the bad data.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirement
- Gather requirements for creating the mock ups for the redesign of the Tracking application.
- Created mock ups for the application using myBalsamiq
- Created the business and functional requirement documents for the created mockups.
- Participated in design review meetings and translated the requirements to the developers and guided the team when issues related to business requirements arose.
- Participated in team meetings to improve overall process.
Environment: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Balsamiq, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Oracle, SQL, Visio, Lotus Notes
Confidential, Latham, NY 05/2011 – 10/2011 Business Analyst Confidential handles New York State Department of Health’s project – The Early Intervention. The New York State Early Intervention Program (EIP) is part of the national Early Intervention Program for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families. First created by Congress in 1986 under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the EIP is administered by the New York State Department of Health through the Bureau of Early Intervention. In New York State, the Early Intervention Program is established in Article 25 of the Public Health Law and has been in effect since July 1, 1993. NYEIS is a centralized, Web-based, state-of-the-art system that electronically manages Early Intervention Program (EIP) administrative tasks and provides for information exchanges. This system is designed to support EIP's service delivery, financial, administration, and management activities at both the local and state levels. These activities include initial intake, evaluation, eligibility determination, Individualized Family Service Plan development, service provision, and all financial aspects including insurance, claiming, payments, and Medicaid reimbursement. The Kids Integrated Data System (KIDS), which currently supports the New York State Early Intervention Program, is being replaced by NYEIS.
- Participated in daily and/or weekly meetings with supervisor, project manager and other members of the team to discuss and analyze current activities and to plan future activities.
- Analyzed business documents such as user manuals, requirement document, version and estimates documents to prepare and document the current business processes and to make enhancements as needed.
- Prepared documents such as user manuals, requirement documents, and status reports.
- Add, modify and update contents to user manuals according to the current version of the application so that the end users have latest, accurate and thorough information about the how to success various functionalities of the system.
- Provided help and support in testing the current version of the application.
- Conducted meeting with Department of Health’s representatives to get the requirements for the upcoming versions of the application.
- Documented the current high level business process flow and future high level business process flow.
- Provided input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Evaluated the scope of application, defining relationship within and between groups of data.
- Implemented the necessary changes and modifications according the new 5010 HIPAA Regulation.
- Designed and execute test plans and test cases for the application in the maintenance environment, track defects and resolve them to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled as per client’s requirements.
- Tested the new versions of the application and run the tests to ensure that the application meets the requirements and specific release estimates.
- Prepared, document, modify and update regression test scripts according the current version of the application.
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers help desk team members, supervisor, and project manager and suggest enhancements to the current version of the application.
- Participated in User Acceptance Test following the completion of the System Testing.
- Prepared documentation to provide help and support to the help desk team.
Environment: Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Access, Visio, Snag It, SharePoint.
Confidential, Mason, OH 2/2009- 04/2011 Business Analyst An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc, Confidential is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five U.S. territories. The project is to define and managing the scope of the development of training materials and content for the 1-800 Medicare National Training and Content contract. The goal was primarily to provide the link between the technical and business views of the system (The Next Generation Desktop) by ensuring that the materials being developed will satisfy the needs of the business.
- Gathered requirements for letter generation process to identify gaps or changes that are needed.
- Understand Business Requirements to create Test Plans and Test Scenarios reflecting the business and user need.
- Involved conducting Quality Assurance sessions to validate System Testing outputs.
- Involved in User Acceptance Test (UAT) following the completion of the System Testing
- Created RTM to trace the Test Scenarios back to BRD.
- Assisted users in UAT as required.
- Organized team meetings for weekly updates for the manager.
- Designed and executed test plans, tracked defects and got them resolved to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled.
- Supported in Creating Test Plan and Test cases for the application in the maintenance environment using Quality Center.
- Utilized RUP Iterative guidelines for development of the Application.
- Provided daily and weekly updates to managers on application status to help prepare accurate project timelines and resource estimates
- Prepared and drove documentation and training sessions thereby helping users learn the new features and behavior.
- Drove working sessions with new team members to facilitate knowledge transfer and ensured smooth transition of roles and responsibilities.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking, facilitating and monitoring the process, involved in UAT for the final testing of the application in the production environment.
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives.
Confidential, Hingham, MA 8/2007-2/2009 Business Analyst Confidential is a leading full-service outsourcing provider to the global financial industry, capable of meeting the most demanding requirements for efficient, secure and scalable operational support. Project was to build a new Trading Platform for Non Qualified Plans team and developing a web interface for Merrill Lynch Client to market the plans offered by Principal Financial Group (PFG), which sells Mutual Funds for Non Qualified Plans. This project was dealing with Merrill Lynch Client, which would market the plans and PFG would Trade daily-based transactions. The Trading Platform was built using VB FoxPro as front-end and SQL Server as back-end. The web interface was built using Java application.
- Interacted with SME’s to gather system requirements for building the new Trading Platform.
- Coordinated with teams within the project to collect the high level estimates and release requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions to gather requirements from the clients for web interface built.
- Documented system requirement document.
- Documented Business Plan and Test Plan based on gathered requirements.
- Interacted with underwriters from both PFG and Merrill Lynch to come to common policy premiums.
- Involved in writing and execute test scripts based on requirements, design, and use cases
- Used Quality Center to keep track of the requirements and the Test cases related to the requirements.
- Involved in executing existing test scripts, writing and updating new test scripts, and writing test plans
- Played a vital role in Data analysis, which involved in date transfer process between Merrill Lynch Client and PFG.
- Involved in testing the newly built up applications and making the clients test the newly built applications.
- Involved in UAT for the newly developed Trading Platform.
- Played a major role in resolving the defects that developed in the transitions phase.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, Rational RequisitPro, Manual testing, Quality Center, SQL Server2000-2005, Test track.
Confidential, Framingham, MA 08/2005-8/2007 Business Analyst Confidential is the pre-eminent organization of market-leading, top quality healthcare provider systems preferred by communities, patients, physicians, payers, employers and employees. The project was to create IVR application helps customers to access information about their health plan, policy details, update the personal info, details of co pay, deductible, billing information, pay over the phone, and their account details etc over using touch tone input and a servicing application designed to reduce or eliminate calls handled by staff in service centers or other organizations dealing with customers or employees. The application CTI basically integrates the conventional computer with the PBX. Delivering data to customer service agents, monitoring telephony events or routing calls intelligently are typical functions provided.
- Claimed validation and Pending/Denied Claims Analysis for the Health plans of Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Worked on modifying Organization Policy for an employer and fee tables i.e. making changes in fee amount, effective and terminate fields etc.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Implemented Traceability Matrix and Business Requirement Specification Document and verified the functionality coverage.
- Involved in evaluating the scope of application, defining relationship within and between groups of data.
- Played an active and lead role in gathering, analyzing, and writing business requirements
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules.
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements and communicated with the business on a non-technical level
- Documented the Functional Specifications Document with the help of UML
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions between the end users and the development team.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources for successful completion
- Used MS Project to maintain the project schedule and track its status.
- Supported the business and the technical team in the product development and delivery process and successfully managed cross- departmental relationships.
- Developed test scenarios and implemented test plan. Tested the application and reported the bugs to the development team
- Performed tests to ensure the claim processing time is maintained and reported it to the development team.
- Conducted project related presentations and provided reports to the higher management
Environment: Windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000, Quality Center, MS Projects, MS Office suite, Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro.