Business Analyst, Polyglot
PROFILE Business Analyst at a niche software company seeking a position with greater potential for career growth and enhancement of personal skill set. Possesses excellent written and oral communication abilities, works well alone and in team settings, and produces high-quality work while multitasking efficiently. Learns quickly and tends to view every situation in life as a learning experience.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Arts in Romance Languages and Literature
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, Publisher, Visual Studio)
- SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer
- Basic knowledge of HTML, XML, SQL Server Reporting Services
- Can type up to 145 words per minute
- Fluent in French (with DELF B2 certification); conversational in Mandarin, Spanish, Italian
- Classically trained flutist
Confidential, August 2011 –Present Gathered clients’ requirements and change requests, documenting them carefully on SharePoint sites and in Team Foundation Server. Worked closely with developers to troubleshoot bugs, performed thorough quality assurance testing to ensure that the software would meet users’ needs, and engineered design improvements. Met with project managers on a regular basis to discuss client expectations, cost estimates, and resource allocation.
- Managed two developers through the entire systems development life cycle for a small project
- Held regular WebEx sessions with clients to provide status updates and demonstrations of system functionalities
- Became familiar with environmental compliance regulations for state Air and Water Quality Departments
- Produced detailed test case documents with hundreds of checkpoints, system design/configuration documents, project environment logs, and administrator/user guides
- Created video demonstrations and tutorials
- Held an on-site user training session for a government agency
Confidential, November 2010 – November 2011 Prepared and served carefully hand-crafted beverages with legendary customer service skills. Developed knowledge about a vast array of company products, promotions, ingredients, and policies. Upheld rigid QASA standards for a clean, sanitary, welcoming store environment.
- Nominated Partner of the Quarter in May 2011
- Favorably mentioned on multiple occasions in online customer surveys
Confidential, November 2010 – March 2011 Reported directly to the CEO of a data management and warehousing firm for day-to-day operations to keep the office running smoothly. Performed data entry along with other administrative/clerical duties.Highlights:
- Wrote, proofread, and filed various company documents
- Oversaw AP/AR for CEO’s personal finances