PROJECT MANAGER TECHNICAL BUSINESS ANALYST Accomplished PMI-Certified Project Management Professional and Business Analyst with over 15 years of Fortune 500 experience leading the development and deployment of highly effective business technology solutions. Adept at project planning and implementation, business requirements through JAD sessions in order to define requirements and create project plans. Proven history of designing and implementing turnkey systems capable of providing measurable business improvements. Strong track record of solving enterprise technology problems through critical analysis and troubleshooting, resulting in significant cost savings and greater efficiency.
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Requirements Gathering
- Technology Implementations
- Application Design
- Use Case Modeling
- Database Design & Administration
- Software Development SDLC Methods
- Systems Analysis \
- Business Process Modeling
- JAD Session
- Needs Assessment
- Issue Resolution
- Technology Evaluations
- Problem Assessment and Analysis
- Critical thinking
- Conflict Management
Confidential, Roanoke, VA Confidential Business Analyst May 2011 – February 2012
RESPONSIBILITIES Understanding the structure, policies and operations of NS Corp’s Commodities Transportation Management System and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Collect, analyze and validating the project’s business requirements through elicitation from different stakeholders and reverse engineering of COBOL applications in a DB2 environment.
- Communicate effectively with clients to elicit and assess impact and completeness of new requirements with use of BPMN and documenting results and obtaining sign-offs
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirements documents such as Business Requirement Documents, Use Cases and Functional/Technical documents with wireframes/mock-ups
- Coordinate with developers and testers
- Develop detail project plans in a SCRUM environment
- Perform project reporting
- Developed project documents such as Project Roles & Responsibilities, Support Roles & Responsibilities, Implementation and Testing Plans
- Developed five Business Requirements Documents
- Developed five Functional/Technical Requirements Documents and seven Use Cases
- Provided support for developers and testers
- Managed and took full responsibility of SDLC Checklist and deliverables documentation for the project
Confidential, Lanham, Maryland Consultant, March 2009 – February 2011 Developed and organized series of one-week workshops on fleet management systems and road safety in Ghana. The workshops were organized in collaboration with the Road Safety and Transportation Commission of Ghana and University of Cape Coast, Ghana.Evaluated the Fleet Management processes, developed ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ business process models for the following companies using BPMN: Mon-Tran, Metro Mass Transit, Ghana Grid Co and Ghana Post Company.
- Presented gap analysis and my recommendations for improvement in their fleet management processes and fleet management software to senior management
Confidential, Albany, New York Consultant Systems Administrator/Business Analyst 02/11/2008-08/29/2008 Understanding the structure, policies and operations of New York State Police’s Fleet Management System (FleetWave) and manage configuration efforts that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Manage configuration, implementation, and support for the commercial software FleetWave system purchased from Chevin a Uk company.
- Lead JAD sessions to identify, assess and develop user requirement document.
- Develop Use cases and functional/Technical requirements documents with wireframes.
- Develop test plan and coordinate both system and user acceptance testing.
- Author a comprehensive user training manual and create 39 complex Crystal reports using ORACLE database.
- Administer user accounts and provide system support training for fleet and IT support personnel.
- Drastically improved implementation processes and application functionality for the new FleetWave system by performing the requirements gathering steps that the application vendor had skipped.
- Circumvented extraneous expenses, eliminated excess work hours, and streamlined implementation process as a result of my initiative.
- Contributed key recommendations that were successfully integrated into system development.
- Facilitated critical decision-making on workflows and processes.
Confidential, Silver Spring, Maryland Specialist - System Design and Analysis - Verizon 9/1995 – 9/2007 Require complete understanding of Verizon Fleet Operations’ structure, policies and operations. As a liaison between Fleet operations (over 60,000 vehicles, 700 garage locations) and the IT group, responsible for initiating, planning, executing, managing and closing small to large size projects.
- Determine appropriate products or services with clients to develop business cases, create project charters, define project scopes, schedules, Business Requirements Documents and deliverables.
- Develop, modify or provide input into project contracts, plans and implement such project plans to meet objectives. Participating in all phases of SDLC
- Develop BPMN, detail functional/technical requirements and use cases to capture user interactions with the systems/applications,
- Develop test plans and facilitate both system testing and UAT’s for every project.
- Collaborate across organizations to identify technology solutions and alternatives that meet Fleet Operations’ needs.
- Monitor and control project activities and resources to mitigate risks using project management methodology.
- Assume full responsibility for the development, documentation, and maintenance using project management principles and guidelines to ensure compliance with project provisions pertaining to schedules, costs, quality, reports and security requirements.
- Conduct progress status reviews to get level of effort estimations, progress reports and discuss issues that can affect the completion of the project and its objectives.
- Develop and maintain User and Training Manuals for each project. Participate in training of over 1200 users across the mid Atlantic and North Eastern part of the country.
- Provided database support in DB2 and Informix
- Perform change management functions for existing applications on both mainframe and servers.
- Avoiding $30 million in expenses by conducting a critical analysis of a proposal to implement SAP software for Fleet Operations and concluding that it did not align with corporate goals.
- Shaved 0.05% off the $65 million annual fuel budget by eradicating use of company fleet credit cards for unauthorized purchases via development of an application capable of tracking usage.
- Facilitated introduction of GE Financial fuel credit cards for a 60,000 vehicle fleet by contributing to overall evaluation and implementation.
- Reduced labor hours by 45% and introduced vendor evaluation metrics by developing the Fleet Replacement System. This system allowed tracking of delivery time for new vehicles vs. estimated delivery time and improved management of yearly vehicle replacement program.
Analyst, Confidential, Verizon 3/1990 – 9/1995
RESPONSIBILITIES Provide leadership to identify IT infrastructure requirements and translate them into cost estimates, actionable plans and facilitate their implementation and delivery.
- Spearhead initiatives to create a comprehensive client / server Miscellaneous Account Receivable System (MARS) capable of supporting billing and tracking for both revenue and repair cost recovery.
- Define appropriate hardware and software specifications.
- Manage the planning, development and successful implementation of a comprehensive miscellaneous billing system. Manage all phases of SDLC.
- Develop Project Schedule, System Flowcharts, Business Requirements and Functional requirements documents
- Communicate with stakeholders and sponsors to provide accurate reporting and information regarding the project and other initiatives.
- Develop test plans, test cases and coordinate both system and User Acceptance testing
- Implemented the system on schedule and well within planned budget.
- Develop both User and Training manuals and assist in training 130 users
- Deliver expert technical/SQL database support and troubleshooting on LAN, databases, mainframes, mini-computers, and personal computers.
- Boosted annual revenue from $50 million to $260 million by the second year of using the MARS / Billing system enabling the company to establish a new MARS billing group in Cranbury, NJ.
- Enabled billing and tracking of more than $260 million by planning, developing and deploying the Miscellaneous Billing and Tracking System for MARS / Billing group.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS Note: Also independently developed a turnkey commercial fleet management system (AMSTARC), which was purchased and was in use by D.C. Public Schools, the California State Lottery, the Dubai Police Department and MON-TRAN of Ghana.
FORMAL EDUCATION Bachelor of Science, Information Systems Management
CERTIFICATIONS Project Management Professional (PMI)
SELECTED TRAINING COURSES Requirements Management Use Case Modeling
Applications & Programming: INFORMIX , DB2 , InterBase, Oracle, MS SQL, COBOL, JCL, QMF, ISPF, SPF, dBASE (DOS versions), dBASE PLUS, FoxPro, Crystal Reports, ERWIN, ForeHelp, Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio, MS Project. Operating Systems: OS/MVS, VM/CMS, UNIX, MSDOS, Novell Netware, Windows(All versions) Hardware: IBM and Honeywell Mainframes, PCs, Laptops