- Eight plus (8+) years of experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement elicitation, BRD, FRD and all facets of the Business Analysis Life Cycle.
- Worked in various domains such as Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Supply Chain.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC - Requirements Analysis, Design, Construction, Testing, Implementation, Support), Project Life Cycle and SDLC Models – Waterfall, Prototyping, and Methodologies – Agile (SCRUM), Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Conducted GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis and Impact Analysis.
- Experience in creating Business Process Models, Use Case Design and Analysis, Use Case specifications, Business Processes documentation, Workflow diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Wireframes and Mockups for Prototypes.
- Hands on experience in MS Visio, MS SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience in creating clear, structured, consistent and quality requirement documents responsible for successful implementation of small and large-scale projects.
- Worked collaboratively with the Development and Quality Assurance teams during the Test Life Cycle and experienced in performing User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans, Providing Test Data and Creating Test Cases.
- Prepared Training Manuals and Knowledge Transfer Manuals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with business users as well as Senior Management.
- Strong work ethics, taking ownership of all duties and responsibilities and efficient time management skills.
Bachelors in Information Technology
Software Models, Methodologies:
Waterfall, Prototyping, Agile (SCRUM), RUP
Business Modeling Tools:
MS Visio, MS Project, Primavera, Balsamic, Enterprise Architect, WinEst
Requirement Management Tools:
Rational Requisite Pro, DOORS
Manufacturing Execution Systems:
Content Management System:
Defect Tracking Tools:
Windows NT/XP/2000, Unix
SQL Server, MS Access
C, C++, Java
SAP Business Objects and Crystal Reports
HP Quality Center, QTP
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Client: Confidential,New York October 2012-December 2012
Project: Claims Replacement
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential,comprises two entities. The AFTRA Health Fund offers quality, high-value health coverage to performers and their dependents, while the AFTRA Retirement Fund administers pension benefits that help provide financial security to performers during retirement.
The project was aimed at migrating from the existing system BENESYS which involved lots of manual work to a new system HEALTH suite which drives the processes automatically, thus help reduce the turnaround time.
- Analyzed the legacy system and gained an overview of its functionalities.
- Went through the configuration documents of HEALTH suite, understood its functionalities, and performed the GAPAnalysis between the two systems.
- Liaised with the Benefits business unit and became an expert in their business processes.
- Collaborated closely with the technical team for solution development.
- Interacted with subject matter experts to gain a thorough understanding of their reporting needs;helped gather the to-be reporting requirements.
- Developed a Reporting Matrix to maintain traceability.
- Performed a gap analysis on the “as-is” v/s “to-be” data elements
- Designed the template for the reports for the “to-be “data elements.
- Interacted with the crystal reports writer in designing the reports
- Conducted meetings to get a sign off on“to be” reports from the key stake holders.
- Detailed out the Process flow for Appeals and eligibility in the “as-is” process using Visio.
Environment: MS Word,MS Excel,MS Access, Microsoft Visio,Crystal Reports, SharePoint, J2EE
Client: Confidential,CA January 2012-September 2012
Project: Manufacturing Execution System v1.2
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, is an American based multi-national bio pharmaceutical firm headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Amgen is the world’s largest biotechnology firm.
This project is about adding an enhancement to their existing Manufacturing Execution System functionality so that errors can be avoided at a micro level.
- Involved in the meeting with Business Process Owners, SME (Subject Matter Experts) and store users for Requirement gathering in Definition Stage.
- Responsible for writing and maintainingFunctional Requirement Specifications (FRD) and Requirements Traceability.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams (UML).
- Mapped the old requirements with the new requirements and communicated it with the business groups for the Gap Analysis.
- Created Process Flow diagrams, Use case diagrams (UML) using MS-Visio.
- Prepared Mockups and Web Layouts for the application.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases, using Camtasia recorder to record the testing.
- Performed UAT based on Requirements Document.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation.
- Worked on Module testing and Factory acceptance testing for AMGEN using Werum-PASX Manufacturing execution Systems software.
- Helped in integrating PAS-X and ERP systems.
- Worked with the other team members in order to maintain the Change control process and Version Control.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, SQL Developer, PAS-X, SAP R/3, JIRA, Camtasia, JAVA
Client: Confidential,Minneapolis, MN June 2011-November 2011
Project: MMM PDE Suppression
Role: Lead Business Analyst
Confidential,is a Fortune 100 companies and is one of the largest Pharmacy Benefits Management Organization (PBM) in the United States. The company processespharmaceutical claims for members at network pharmacies and at their ownmail orderpharmacies.
In this project the Medicare and Medicaid (MMM) system in Puerto Rico is requesting that Express Scripts (ESI) suppress Prescribed Drug Event (PDE) for the excluded Drugs related Claims because they are concerned this is impacting their PDE Error resolution rate. ESI does have the capability to suppress PDE’s (E.g. Excluded Drugs) at the Division (DIV) level only. MMM would need suppression at the Benefits Plan Level (BPL) level.
- Worked on Well point –Express scripts and Medco-Express Scripts Merger internal projects as a part of the Express Scripts Corporate Systems and Data Warehouse team.
- Helped define the scope of different projects by interacting with cross-functional teams through JAR sessions.
- Planned and attended SCRUM meetings.
- Created currentas-Is and future To-Be Business Process Models, performed Gap Analysis.
- Created Context level Data Flow Diagram; reviewed with the stakeholder’s version of context level DFD and updated these diagrams.
- Created Functional Decomposition Diagrams; reviewed with the stakeholder’s version of Decomposition Diagrams and updated these diagrams.
- Achieved Business Signoff for these deliverables after detailed reviews by the stakeholders, project managers and business systems analysts.
- Provided High Level and Detailed Functional Walkthrough, attended High Level and Low-Level Design meetings and updated documents with missed requirements.
- Documented traceability between high-level requirements and high-level design and detailed requirements and detailed design.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, J2EE, MS Visio, IBM Mainframe, and Informatica.
Client: Confidential,CASeptember 2010-May 2011
Project: Toyota NAPOSCM Bridge
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential,The division manages the distribution of service parts and accessories to Toyota’s dealers across North America.
The project was intended to identify and evaluate the effects of the following regulations and policies on NAPO: Ports Infrastructure Cargo fee; Ports Clean Truck Fee; Alameda Corridor Fee; Chassis Policies; Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations. The purpose of this project was to analyze the operational and financial impact on Toyota’s supply chain management system and provide solutions to minimize the impact.
- nPV model from the given data to forecast the financial impact of port policies on TOYOTA’s supply chain.
- Created a model using sensitivity analysis of data for container volume vs. profit, chassis cost vs. average hold time and maintenance vs. storage cost to determine the operational impact on the supply chain.
- Reviewed and analysed the business environment and identified process improvements.
- Involved in creating As-Is and To-Be Business Process Models; performed Gap-Analysis.
- Produced Wireframes and Prototypes for the Dashboard and Reports of the To-Be system and built Use Cases and Functional and Non-Functional specs to substantiate them.
- Conducted Functional Requirement Walkthrough sessions with Business, IT and QA teams and obtained Business Sign-Off.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of finished Reports and Dashboard and delivered the quality tested web application to the Logistics users.
- Evaluated short and long term labor, regulatory and port related policies and determined impact to Toyota’s Parts and accessory supply chain by interacting with the Business team.
- Created an
- Identified and provided recommendations which would help TOYOTA save $26,336,603 from Port Infrastructure Cargo fees in the next 15 years.
- Suggested that owning chassis is not a core competency and Toyota would incur $5,878,740 from Chassis policies in the next 10 years if TOYOTA owns the Chassis instead of leasing them.
- Conducted interviews with industry executives and reported to Toyota about the changes brought by the Clean Truck Program before its stipulated time period of 5 years.
- Performed a cost-benefit analysis to indicate the benefits from the ongoing consolidation in the future.
Environment:MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, People Soft, Java
Client: Confidential,Oakland, CA April 2010 -August 2010
Role: Business / Data Analyst
Confidential, is a market leader in developing end-to-end cardiovascular information and imaging systems whose end customers are healthcare systems. They currently provide service to 600 unique healthcare systems; Provides solutions for cardiology, vascular and interventional radiology.
The project involved revamping their existing system and methods by which Lumedx can gain information relating to its customers so that the Sales Forcecan improve its methodology for targeting its potential clients, and thus increase profitability. The new system will have different information about prospective and existing clients in one easy to use application.
- Identified product-targeting information needed by management and Sales Force.
- Interacted with C-level executives for studying the current landscape of the business process.
- Conducted Market Research and Historical Data Analysis to identify Chief users of Lumedx’s software and their competitors.
- Conducted a Root Cause Analysis to find out decrease in sales and failure to meet expectations.
- Interviewed Engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand the current product and analyze User Requirements.
- Identified Gaps in Integration between different databases, analyzed and documented the Business Requirements towards potential strategy for normalizing the current system.
- Documented Synchronization Solutions and developed a model to implement the solutions to optimize the existing database thus increasing efficiency by 40%.
- Active participant in QA phase, executing Queries and ensuring the solution matched the Business Requirements.
Environment :MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access, MS SQL, Sales Force, Softrax
Client: Confidential,MOJuly 2009 – March 2010
Project: PMA Enhancement
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential,is a self-insured, not-for-profit association providing health and dental plans to federal employees and retirees and their families through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan and the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
The project was intended to manage changes to the internal PMA (Process Management Application)to migrate changes from 4010 to 5010 transactions and manage changes ofcodes from ICD9 to ICD10. The project also entailed producing health check reports on the migration / changes.
- Studied existing system requirements, environment, andoperation by interacting with the Project and Business team members.
- Conducted interviews with the SME have to gather information about Health care Enrolment, Billing andClaims processing.
- Involved in creating and modeling the AS IS diagrams and TO BE business process flows
- Performed a detailed GAP Analysis and documented scope.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with business SMEs and analyzed the Functional Requirements anddocumented Use Cases, Process Maps, WireframesPrototypes, and NFRs.
- Conducted walkthrough of requirements to technical team and helped resolve outstanding issues.
- Managed Change Request process and performed Impact Analysis for several changes.
- Exposure to EDI transaction (837,276, 277) quotes sets and validations andinsurance claims.
- Exposure to HIPAA Compliance standards.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to gather Report Requirements from users
- Prepared Functional Requirements Document (FRD) with detailed Reporting requirements including canned and Ad Hoc reports.
- Created ReportMockupsto comply with the report requirements using Balsamic
- Worked with Data Analyst in Data Mapping of report elements to SQL database.
- Actively involved in Report Development activity by providing support to Development team, Business Objects expert and QA team.
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, MS Excel, Business Objects, ASP.NET, SQL
Client: Confidential,Tamil Nadu, IndiaJune 2006-June 2009
Role: Business Analyst
The project is to develop a system to deliver data to Customers. One of the modules being a release content management system, the purpose of the Release Content Management System (RCMS) is to automate and standardize the release of products and data for delivery to the customer. The Release Content Management System (RCMS) will stage and manage the release of content and create Revision Packages based on changes from various Authoring Input source systems to the Content Delivery Manager for delivery to the customer.
- Interacted with key stake holders for Requirement Gathering and Requirement Analysis through JAR sessions.
- Conducted Knowledge transfer sessions and reverse knowledge transfer sessions for junior team members thus making sure that loss of information was less than 6%.
- Created Use Case, Sequence and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Participated in creating the User Interface Mockups for the monitoring system using MS Visio.
- Produced and maintained Functional Requirements Specifications (FRD/FRS) and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for various Releases of the project.
- Prepared Unit and Integration Test Plans for the Data Delivery to Customers Module, Release content management systems sub module and helped reduce cycle time.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Fixed bugs, tracked defects in usage and functionality of interfaces that helped increase the code efficiency.
- Created test data for validation of code using XML.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, PL SQL, J2EE, STRUTS 2.0, Java Script, XML.
Client: ConfidentialTamil Nadu, IndiaMay 2004-May 2006
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential,is one of the largest retail chains in India. It has a huge pool of suppliers which has to be maintained and has a system called Purchase Inquiries system, allows suppliers to submit quotations for the goods. The quotations which are received, in return can be retrieved from the Database tables. This allows a comparison of the prices and discounts offered by different suppliers
- Assisted in gathering Business Process Requirements and translated them into functional and non-functional requirements of the Business Requirement Document (BRD), which used as input to the functional design specifications
- Assisted in Creating Use Case/Activity /Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio
- Worked along with the testing team to derive test cases for efficient Data reporting
- Conducted the Unit testing and prepared the testing document
- Worked with senior Business Analysts to create business requirements, workflow, environment details and plan phases in development
- Created SQL statements to validate the data tables
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Power Point, J2EE, PL SQL______________________________________________________________