- Over 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst in Capital Markets Domain with US & European Clients.
- Hands on experience in complete SDLC Process in Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experience in Pre-sales, Business Development & Operations activities for Capital Market clients.
- Strong working knowledge in various security types: Equity, Fixed Income, Mutual Fund and Derivatives – Futures, Options.
- Hands on experience in Cost Basis Accounting involving Transaction Processing, Corporate Actions Processing, Wash Sales Calculations, Average Cost Basis and Return of Capital for various security types.
- Familiar with Key Ratio Analysis for Banks as part of Portfolio Flexing.
- Primary skills include Requirements gathering, Functional specifications, Use-case documentation and Functional Testing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Excellent planning, coordination and team management skills
- Key strength includes analytical ability, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Office tools Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, Visio, UML, PL/SQL, QTP 8.0, Quality Center, PM Smart, AMPL, SPSS.
- Certified in Derivatives Dealers Module, Capital Market Dealers, AMFI Advanced Level Certification
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Technology
Confidential,USA Jun 2006 – Till Date
Confidential,Cost Basis Accounting System for calculating the Cost Basis and Gain/Loss of the trade transactions made by its members. The Economic Emergency Stabilization Act required several changes in the system used by brokers to report information regarding sale of security to IRS.
Project 1: Ensure Compliance w/Cost Basis Reg/Brk Conversion Jul 2009 – Jun 2010
Adhering to New Cost Basis Reporting Law, USAA replaced its Cost Basis Accounting System (CBAS) by a third party product which is used to calculate Cost Basis of securities held by its members in USAA account and comply with new requirements.
Project 2: Transfer Cost Basis to External Brokers Jul 2009 – Jun 2010
The business objective of this project is to comply with the cost basis regulation to provide the ability to transfer out and receive in transfers of securities along with associated cost basis calculations.
- Conducted Project Kick-off, Defined member roles and Responsibilities and key deliverables of TCoE. Mapped out timelines, milestones & communication processes.
- Conducted Requirements gathering and Analysis via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Performed SWOT analysis of competing Cost basis products based on information in public domain. Analyzed and presented the client with similar products in the market space.
- Built a cost basis CoE testing team of 30 members and imparting domain and product knowledge.
- Lead a team of 30 members handling weekly team meetings, monthly senior management meetings, trainings, client visits.
- Coordinated with internal quality audit teams to maintain zero non-compliance prior to organization/ client audits.
- Involved in documentation wrt Business Requirements, High Level test Scenarios and test cases.
- Client Co-ordination and offshore team management for reviewing and finalizing project documents.
Project 3: Enhanced Sorting of Cost Basis Transactions Apr 2009 – Jun 2009
This effort was to rectify sorting order of cost basis transactions when a manual action was performed by Cost Basis Analyst.
- Conducted Requirement analysis and mapping of UI induced transactions by USAA CBA’s.
- Performed System and Regression testing of the cost basis application related to sort functionality.
Project 4: Business Proposal for CBAS Enhancements Jan 2009 – Mar 2009
The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 requires new reporting requirements for brokers, Mutual Funds, and Unit Investment Trusts under the Internal Revenue Code. This requires USAA to enhance the current system (CBAS) to comply with the new law.
- Initiated Market research and analysis to understand the business requirements of the customer in order to enhance the current Cost Basis Accounting System.
- Performed Impact & Gap analysis on the current system vis-a-vis new requirements and estimation of project cost.
- Responsible for preparation of USAA IMCO-CBAS Enhancement Proposal.
Project 5: Re-engineer Cost Basis System (PLAID) Jun 2006 – Jul 2008
PLAID is a back-office support application for original IMCO system, which contains daily transaction data for securities trading. This data, fed into the system is processed for Equities and Mutual Funds Cost Basis calculation, Gain/Loss calculation for tax reporting by its members.
- Involved in one complete SDLC cycle for entire Corporate Action module of Cost Basis system from Requirements gathering to Testing.
- Responsible for Requirement Analysis, Documentation of Functional Specs, Use cases and change requests thereby controlling numerous artefacts.
- Documented Systems and Integration test cases, Production Data Validation, Re-conciliation of test cases.
- Responsible for User manual documentation for users & trainers of Cost Basis System, Domain and System training to technical team.
- Handled team of eight members for entire Testing Phase from test case preparation, execution (system and regression testing), validation, data fixes and status reporting.
- Involved in Client Co-ordination, Project status reporting and Co-ordination with senior management for revenue tracking, proposal development.
Confidential, Mar 2005 – May 2006
Inquiry Management System - Asset Servicing
IMS (Inquiry Management System) is a Web based application enabling users to create and exchange client and client-related inquiries across the whole Bank in order to resolve them. IMS is the tool to help manage inquiries and provide the customer satisfaction that clients rightly expect. IMS interfaces with all asset servicing systems to update client with the latest upto date information for their issues / inquiries.
- Lead Requirements Gathering, Analysis and Validation of business requirements throughout entire SDLC cycle.
- Translate Business Requirements to Requirements & Functional Specifications, Use cases documentation and User Manuals.
- Manage Functional Testing, Implementation Roll out and post Production Support and user on-boarding exercises.
- Process Adherence, Release Management and Co-ordination between business and technology teams through all phases of SDLC.
Confidential,UK Nov 2004 – Feb 2005
Credit Risk Modeling
Credit Risk Modeling is a mechanism which allows the banks to: Evaluate Risk adjusted rate of return of corporate loans, Manage customer profitability, and Manage credit portfolio effectively and efficiently
- Performed Requirement Analysis for Credit Risk Module.
- Responsible for preparation of Business Requirements Document.
Confidential, Jun 2003 - Oct 2004
Opportunity & Business Analysis
Project Management & Presales
- Performed Opportunity Analysis for various applications in the Deutsche bank HR-IT space.
- Performed RFI analysis and response to RFP\'s in Asset Management space thereby understanding the business requirements of the customer.
- Developed Collateral as part of CoE activities to showcase CRTS capabilities of HCL in the Asset management Space.
- Performed Market, Trend and Competitor Analysis for CRTS in Asset Management and Securities Trading space.
- Responsible for tracking the revenue growth of projects and practices under MBS solution delivery.
- Involved in preparation of three months rolling budget and maintenance of Active projects pipeline related information and resource utilization related information
Training & Accomplishments:
- Undergone Training in MPP, QTP, and Rational Rose.
- Build the Cost Basis Centre of Excellence team in HCL.
- Gold Medal Recipient in International Award for Young People from HRH the Prince Edward under the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme Award.