- Over 8 years of professional excellent experience as Business Analyst and analytical skills, understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC), completing projects within time and budget, identifying risks ahead of time and troubleshooting, gathering requirements, analyzing, implementation and evaluation of various business systems, proven excellence in documenting business - marketing presentations, functional specification documents and business evaluation reports.
- Wide ranging experience working on Enterprise IT projects within Healthcare, Finance and Auto/Life Insurance services.
- Experienced in the Finance and Insurance domains with exposure to Investment Banking, and Global Capital Markets (Equity, Securities, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income).
- Extensive knowledge of Portfolio Management, Financing Structures, Cash Flow Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Capital Budgeting, Asset Allocation, Fixed Income Products, Derivative Products such as Options and Futures.
- Exposure to advisory services for implementations of Regulatory reporting, CCAR & Dodd Frank.
- Work alongside PMO team, product managers, cross-functional teams, requirement gathering and analysis, collaborate with architects and development teams to create system designs in alignment with product reference architecture, technology roadmap, best practices and standards.
- Applying knowledge of project management principals, practices and procedures.
- Experienced in managing projects throughout the SDLC (AGILE, RUP, Iterative and Waterfall).
- Experience using database query tools for Oracle, SQL and UNIX .Experience in writing test cases, test scripts, test plans and execution of test cases reporting and documenting the test results using Quality Center
- Implemented migration from ICD-9- ICD-10 conversion.
- Well versed experience in all EDI transactions like 834, 837 P, 835, 27x and conversion of .
- Experience with data analysis, data mapping and dimensional modeling experience in decision support systems.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Manage vendor relationships including negotiating and controlling contracts.
- Experience working with quality assurance, UAT, risk management, Disaster recovery, Business Continuity plan and change management.
- Proven ability in providing timely deliverables of high quality while working in both - team as well as independent environments.
Operating Systems: Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, Office 365
Packages & Applications: MS- Word, MS - Excel, MS-Power Point, MS-Project, SharePoint
Multimedia Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Picasa
UI Mockup Tools/Applications: Balsamiq, MS Visio
Bug/defects tracking Tools: JIRA, TFS, HP ALM, ServiceNow
Reporting/Data modeling: Tableau, Cognos 8 Suite, Star Schema, Snowflake- Schema, Fact and dimension tables, Pivot tables, Erwin
Database/Language: SQL, Oracle
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (Scrum, Kanban and XP)
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for status reports to PMO, senior executives and stakeholder/end user expectations.
- Created Business Requirement document (BRD) and Functional Requirement document and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) related document
- Contracted to conduct business process analysis and identify key issues, gaps and needs for an established multi-divisions.
- Generated documents supporting accounting/ financial current and potential reports (e.g. Acquisitions, production support, change management etc.), as per the business requirements
- Have worked on developing E-commerce solutions for premier connect application.
- Involved in Data Migration from legacy systems to SQL Server. Prepared project initiation plan documents, Design and Deployment documents and involved in UAT testing and maintenance.
- Actively involved in data warehouse and mart design sessions for both Logical and Physical design.
- Developed source to target mapping documents with business transformation rules.
- Define the scope of the project and business as well as functional requirements by holding interviews with key stakeholders and SMEs
- Conducted working sessions with various client Lines of Business to identify potential data sources and assess data availability for report Submission.
- Coordinated with QA and UAT testing for Stakeholders to have demo and trail of end product before release.
- Report metrics for all reports related to project process, strategies. Worked on gap analysis and SWOT analysis report.
- Completed call tracking metrics through Track IT and Service Now.
Environment: Agile Scrum, SQL, SharePoint, MS Office, JIRA, Service Now.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked with stakeholders for developing SDLC process based on Agile Methodologies. Regular interaction with Team, SMEs, vendors and other stakeholders. .
- Managed end-to-end application - planning, development, testing & support in complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Prepared resource allocation plans and level of effort for different projects depending on budget, requirement and availability.
- Extracted information from Oracle System for the preparation of Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss A/c, and other annexure there to.
- The financial module which provides many services to its customers such as online loan approval, processing, status checking.
- Analyzed and documented business requirement, functional specification and reporting data specification documents and converted them into technical design and data mapping specification. Have created wireframes using Balsamiq.
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use.
- Publishing financial reports to Cognos system and review and develop of various advanced excel based spreadsheets.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL on various sources systems including Oracle.
- Managed processes required to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval, and ultimate deployment of project information and documentation necessary for successful communications across the organization.
- Maintained and modified reporting module documentation and SQL for the Oracle Views, ensured integration with client reporting tools like Business Objects, Cognos and Crystal Reports.
- Guided QA team in creating and updating test ware automation repository using PL/SQL tool for future use (applicable to all data warehousing projects in GE).
- .Guided QA team in creating and updating testing processes using HP ALM. Recording testing phase and extracted reporting for management using ALM tool.
Environment: Balsamiq, Agile Scrum, HP Quality Center, SQL, Cognos, Microsoft Office, Informatica.
Confidential, Willingboro, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for gathering business requirements by conducting interviews with mid and senior management, documenting business process flows and creating detailed functional/technical specifications.
- Conducted JAD sessions, communicated and maintained strong working relationship with various business groups.
- Planned and monitored project budget/spending.
- Created requirements specifications, process models and business rules for E-Commerce solutions.
- Created and designed wireframes, using user-centric design techniques.
- Partnered with business users in identifying, prioritizing & resolving numerous functional issues by end users
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and Mapping Tools. Managed documents in SharePoint 2007.
- Worked on requirements of the /277, 278, 837 HIPAA EDI Transactions across enterprise.
- Involved in moving the projects to completion on time, within scope, and on budget. Implemented migration from ICD-9- ICD-10 conversion.
- Managed project scope to ensure delivery was compliant to scope commitment.
- Tracked and managed product backlog, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task break-down.
- Developed Use Case, Activity and flow charts, wireframes with tools like Balsamiq.
- Writing complex workflows to help understand the requirement for developers and act as first point of contact for any queries for stakeholders.
- Strong hands on following up with Business Analyst team, QA/UAT team and stakeholders.
- Prepared project status reports for technical team and Business. Facilitated project demos for business.
- Coordinated with Change board, approval process for all requirements to have timely releases.
- Raise tickets/issues with respective teams in the event of production failures and get in touch the respective teams to get the issues fixed as earliest as possible.
- Monitor and stand for offshore follow-ups to make sure every job runs successfully and gets completed within allotted timeframe.
- Worked closely with Administrator for creating new users and to manage security.
Environment: SharePoint 2007, Microsoft Suite, MS Visio, Balsamiq, TFS.
- Gathered Business Requirements, created Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and analyzed data workflows.
- Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance, Life insurance policies, Nationwide annuities( Variable, fixed, Immediate, fixed indexed).
- Identified and developed Use Cases from the business and systems requirements. Documented high level and detailed Use Cases to include all the functionalities of the new system.
- I worked with Policy center module, Claims center module and associated with Billing Center modules as well.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensured the critical requirements were not missed.
- Provide customer service and support for Property & Casualty risk management needs.
- Involved in generating Test cases for property and casualty Insurances for Different Levels of Business.
- Involved in generation of test data inputs for both positive and negative data to enhance Recovery/ Fail-over testing.
- Performed extensive Gap Analysis between the Company's Legacy System and Policy Center System.
- Responsible for testing the Quote & Online Purchase for both Auto and Home Property Insurance of the customers.
Environment: Microsoft Suite, MS Visio, SharePoint 2007, Internal Project tracking tools, JIRA