- 8+ years of comprehensive experience as Sr. Business Analyst distributed across Business Development process and information technology with extensive work experience in diverse sectors like Supply chain. E - commerce, and Retail.
- Specialization in executing IT and business strategies for supply chain optimization processes like vendor analysis, warehousing, inventory management, order management, transportation management.
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving both the traditional methodology such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum hybrid, and XP.
- Highly skilled in structured planning methods for project evaluation like GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost-benefit Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Risk Analysis, various Root cause analysis techniques (5 why’s, Ishikawa diagram).
- Skilled in conducting and facilitating Requirement Gathering Activities to gather SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely) requirements using diverse elicitation techniques including, but not limited to Interviews, Requirement Workshops, Prototyping, Survey/Questionnaire, JAD Sessions and Brainstorming.
- Well versed in preparing high level and low-level documents like Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Use case Specification, Configuration document, Requirement Traceability & RACI matrix.
- Collaborated with Project Manager in creating Project Management Plan, Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Gantt Chart, Critical Path Analysis, Project Schedule and Budgeting using MS Project and MS Excel together.
- Efficient in handling change requests and assessing change requests through impact assessment on triple constraints.
- Assisted Product Owner in defining Acceptance criteria, Release Planning and Minimum Viable Product (MVP),
- Excellent knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Activity Chart, Use Case Diagram, and Sequence Diagram to support business process flow around entities and in identifying primary actors.
- Created Wireframes and Mock-Up Screens of the requirement using MS Visio & Balsamiq tools.
- Widely used JIRA for managing user stories and assisted product owner in choosing prioritization techniques like MOSCOW, KANO, and estimation techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt Sizing, Bucket System. Participated in Scrum Ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily standup, Sprint Execution, Review and Retrospectives.
- Sound familiarity with development techniques in Agile such as TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) based on the specific business needs.
- Skilled in implementing SQL QUERIES and using joins, unions, select commands and aggregate functions in extracting data from different data sources and programmed SQL Queries, Functions, business logic.
- Assisted Data Architect in creating Data Models like Conceptual data model and logical data model in the form of entities and relationships to capture the user requirements properly in the underlying database.
- Deep understanding of database concepts like Data Warehousing, Dimensional Modeling, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Data Marts and OLAP operations.
- Widespread knowledge of extraction of data from source systems, transformation, and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse using tools like Informatica, MuleSoft Any - Point Platform.
- Gained experience with the help of client interactions in highly cohesive and loosely coupled Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), 3-Tier Architecture with strong understanding of XML, Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST),
- Experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Documented requirements for API development i.e. was responsible for technical writing of both XML and JSON utilizing API. Used Postman for API testing. Used Swagger tool for API documentation.
- Understanding of various HTTP request to the web service, to specify REST API operations having HTTP verbs-GET, POST, DELETE and PUT on application layer, utilized POSTMAN as a HTTP client to test web services.
- Knowledge on SAP ERP and TMS & WMS integration using MuleSoft Any point Platform (ESB).
- Adept at supervising Manual Testing, Automation testing, Black-box Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Load/Stress Testing and Performance Testing along with User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked with QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP ALM.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI &CD) using Jenkins and GitHub.
- Experienced in bug tracking and following up for successful maintenance delivery of service tickets using JIRA.
- Generated different reports involving dashboard reports, data visualization reports, Linked reports, Drill-down & Drill-through reports using Tableau, MS Excel, Power BI.
Waterfall, Scrum, WaterScrum: Fall (Hybrid Waterfall and Scrum) and DMAIC.
Process Modelling Tools: MS Visio, Lucid Chart, Balsamiq.
ETL Tools: Informatica, MuleSoft.
Project Management Tools: MS Office, MS Project, JIRA, Confluence.
Statistical tools: Minitab, MS Excel (2013, 2016, Office 365).
Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS Excel, PowerBI.
Web Services: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, Swagger tools, POSTMAN.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, HP QC, Cucumber.
Databases Tools: My SQL, Oracle DB, SQL Server.
Technologies: SAP, Salesforce.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated interviews and cross-functional working sessions with Product Owner, Line of Business managers and other business stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to refine the business case further.
- Performed extensive document review to understand the business process and analyzed supply chain process to aid business process improvements.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current business systems and to identify the requirements for the change in the system to analyze the AS-IS and TO-BE to generate the business requirements.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies, extensively used Jira for converting the requirements to user stories, assisted the Product Owner in writing the Acceptance criteria and framing the Definition of Done (DOD) for the PSPI.
- Worked closely with the technical team in converting the functional requirements into technical specifications like Prototypes, Graphical User Interface (GUI) and User Interface (UI) mock- Confidential using Balsamiq tool.
- Developed UML diagrams like Activity diagrams, Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, using MS Visio.
- Efficiently studied MuleSoft integration for B2B/ EDI through APIs and assisted with the design of API framework.
- Defined the Mule building blocks with MuleSoft Any point platform integration developers and ERP Analysts such as connector’s endpoints host & amp, address, Filters, transformers, and their system specific communication protocols.
- Acquainted Developers in creating the whole Mule flow in alignment with the business needs when an inbound/outbound request is made and passed to the appropriate message processor via Router.
- Examined whether the protocol transformation, service orchestration, service mapping, and security of the requests/response in the ESB comply by the business rules and flow.
- Documented the logic defined in MuleSoft Any point Studio for transformation of EDI message sent and its configuration of the trading partner IDs, validation options, and writer options.
- Involved in implementing horizontal integration process by making REST and BULK API calls from system to API.
- Performed API testing with the help of POSTMAN and checked their response with JSON and XML and documented those tested APIs using SWAGGER for developers.
- MuleSoft Any point studio and POSTMAN were used for testing both POST and GET call.
- Participated with team in defining the Acceptance Criteria for User Stories to perform User Acceptance Testing. Designed Test Cases, Test Plans and Test Scenarios to perform Functional Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing and logged down defects and systematically managed them in JIRA.
Environment: Agile - Scrum, MuleSoft ESB, JIRA 7.2.x, Any point studio, SAP, Manhattan Associates WMS, Jenkins 1.0.x, Cucumber, Postman5.2, Swagger 3.0, SOAP and REST Web Services, JSON, XML, CSV, EDI.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Worked in an agile Scrum environment responding to enterprise needs as they arose without disruption of work.
- Performed a feasibility study, risk analysis and cost-benefit study to understand the project scope, the potential complications and to select the best possible solution satisfying the integration problem between the two platforms.
- Created high level documents like project charter, project management plan.
- Conducted an ‘AS-IS’ GAP analysis to understand the structures of the CRM Salesforce and ERP JDE Enterprise1.
- Assembled with stakeholders to understand their needs and gathered requirements by analyzing existing documents, interviews with developers and constructing prototypes to understand and confirm the solution requirements.
- Recorded all issues such as epics, user stories, defects, and technical debt in Atlassian JIRA and monitored the progression through the workflow of individual issues and the overall project progress.
- Assisted the team with prioritizing user stories as per Moscow and estimating with Dot Voting during product backlog grooming and cataloging the various user stories as workflows for reference to xpi Integration Platform.
- Developed business process models with MS Visio for a better understanding of workflows via concept models.
- Recorded in End-User Guides all workflows created within xpi to allow for future referral for enhancement purposes.
- Ensured the integration flows meet the standard performance requirements by facilitating automated load tests, scale tests and performance tests for various test cases and test scenarios with the quality assurance team.
- Carried out exhaustive functional testing and smoke testing to ensure integrations occurs as per business regulations to the best possible level in terms of performance and logic.
- Monitored the performance of all workflows during the testing process to ensure smooth operation, flagged and documented potential defects and bugs that cropped out during testing for rework and maintenance.
- Reported performance metrics and progress with reports generated with the aid of PowerBI to other team members.
- Documented test plans and results to ensure all workflow requirements are well-designed and operate consistently.
- Performed UA testing by gathering relevant users, cataloging results, and ensured future modifications of workflow can be carried out when required with existing documentation by any business analyst too.
- Confluence was used to mediate the project with team members to allow for better progress visibility and for better collaboration between team members.
Environment: Agile-scrum, Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise 9.1, Magic xpi 4.6, Atlassian JIRA 7.4, Tableau 10.3, Atlassian Confluence 6.3.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with business users and stakeholders, to understand the requirements expected from the applications.
- Performed AS-IS analysis to understand the required modifications to applications during Lightning transition.
- Performed rapid requirement gathering using techniques such as interviews, surveys & focus groups.
- Worked together with SMEs to design user roles, profiles and objects in a manner and facilitated establishment of role hierarchies and rule-sharing.
- Conducted user-story mapping sessions to develop user stories explaining application expectations and facilitate estimation and prioritization that resulted in improved development process.
- Catalogued all requirements gathered in HPALM to facilitate monitoring progress of the project.
- Attended daily scrum meeting to discuss with fellow team members progress on individual tasks, notify any change in application requirements and to resolve conflicts regarding application functionality.
- Documented ER, activity and use case diagrams to maintain relationships between objects.
- Catalogued Apex classes and triggers while working with developers to ensure appropriate best practices were followed and the implementation of business logic was as required.
- Documented APIs using Swagger and tested CRUD operations with HTTP requests using POSTMAN and verified that response, response time and error codes were within expectations.
- Facilitated unit, functional testing with HPALM to ensure the application satisfy the business demands.
- Managed UA testing by designing test catalogue and gathering end reviews from testers to ensure business users were satisfied with the usability and performance of the desired application.
Environment: Agile environment, Salesforce, POSTMAN v3.2, Swagger 1.5, HPALM 11.53.
- Assisted and worked with Project manager in creating and assigning tasks through Work Breakdown Structure.
- Interviewed clients, SMEs & business users to understand their Business and Functional Requirements, gathering their future needs and transforming them to Functional Specifications.
- Converted the Business Requirements Document (BRD) into Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Conducted one-to-one meetings and web-Conferences as well as JAD sessions with different stakeholders; analyzed & came up with suggestions providing consistent process for the communication and resolution.
- Performed GAP analysis for AS-IS and TO-BE of the process to identify and validate requirements.
- Created UML Diagram and assisted both functional and technical team in creating mockups, wireframes, prototypes using Balsamiq tool.
- Created a data mapping document for order management and performed data profiling to reduce data redundancies.
- Participated in preparation of Test Plan with testing team ensuring testability, usability, and performance of application. Worked with QA team to perform defect tracking and maintaining bug history using JIRA.
- Worked with QA team to develop test plan, scenarios, and cases to execute Unit, System and User Acceptance Testing and Designed and implemented SQL queries for QA testing and reported data validation.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MySQL, JIRA (v7.0), SharePoint, Oracle, MS Project, MS Visio (v15.0), Balsamiq.
- Implemented SDLC which included Requirements, Specifications, Design, Analysis and Testing.
- Elicited requirements using JAD sessions, Surveys/Questionnaire, and Interview sessions.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check compatibility of existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Involved in developing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Helped the team in creating Data Models and Schemas check the availability of the different inventories.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using MS Visio for UI components for client verification.
- Analysed and tested UI and involved in constantly redesigning the system to increase its user friendliness for the clients.
- Coordinated creation of Test Plans , User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Involved in dealing with Change Requests by performing Impact Analysis.
- Used Tableau for data reporting, studying the trends, data patterns, data forecasting and visualization.
Environment: Waterfall, MySQL, MS Visio (v14.0), MS Access, Oracle, UAT, MS Project, Tableau.
JR. BUSINESS ANALYST
- Implemented SDLC which included Requirements, Specifications, Design, Analysis and Testing.
- Worked with the Project Manager in defining the scope and requirements of the project.
- Assisted in creation of Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Created UML diagrams like Activity Diagrams class diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams. Creating GUI mock- Confidential using MS Visio to understand UI and UX requirements.
- Coordinated creation of Test Plans, User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM). Was involved in dealing with Change Requests by performing Impact Analysis.
Environment: Waterfall, MS- Visio (v14.0), MS-Access, Oracle, UAT, MS Project.
- Helped deploy, upgrade, manage and extract data from the database for reporting purposes.
- Executed various SQL queries for data modification to maintain integrity in terms of data quality.
- Cleaned the database regularly by deleting all duplicated data and cleaning incomplete data.
- Established new relationships as needed to integrate data from multiple sources.
- Backed up the databases using bulk operation to migrate data across different servers.
- Recorded all modification queries and database maintenance for future referrals.
- Documented relationships of various RDBS resources to map the interactions between data stored.