- Professional with more than 6 years of experience in Information Technology including Client/Server technology, Web technology and Project planning.
- Around 2 year of Work experience on Business Objects XIR3.
- Proficiency in using Business Objects Designer, Business Objects Supervisor, Web Intelligence 2.5/2.6, Broadcast Agent 5.1, ZABO.
- Expertise in analyzing, designing, developing and administration of Universes.
- Experience in fixing the ranked reports in BO.
- Experience in migrating Business Objects Universes, reports, users, user groups and Security from 6.5.4 to XI R2.
- Experience retrieving data using Universes, Personal data files, Stored Procedures, Free hand SQL methods and creating complex ad-hoc Reports using the Business Objects and Web Intelligence Tools.
- Experience in gathering requirements and designing Dashboard Screens.
- Created and maintained several reports for different portfolios and modified based on the CR (Change Requests). Scheduled Reports on Broadcast Agent on periodic basis.
- Work Experience on Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design and Development of Reports.
- Good Knowledge on Data Integrator and SAP BW.
- Good Knowledge on Networking Protocols and work experience on TCP / IP.
- Extensively worked on the Anti Money Laundering (AML), Compliance/Regulatory Research & Reporting rules.
- Good Understanding of SAP BW and BI Tools.
- Good Understanding of PeopleSoft Applications.
- Creative, Good interpersonal skills, Communication skills, Quick adaptability to new technologies, Effective leadership and team player.
- BI Tools: Business Objects XI R3/R2/6.x/5.x (Central Management Console/Supervisor, Designer, Business Objects Desktop Intelligence, Business Objects Web Intelligence 2.5 / 2.6, Broadcast Agent, Business Miner, Info view 1.0, Data Integrator), Dash Board, Crystal Reports XI R2, Xcelsius, SAP BI, SAP BW, Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools (SSRS).
- Database: Oracle 9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2008, DB2, MS Access, TOAD
- Data Warehousing: Informatica 8.1, Erwin 7, SAP BW, SSAS.
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C++, Visual Studio, SSIS.
- O/S: Windows 2000/XP, Sun Solaris, UNIX.
- Concepts: Data and File Structures, System Analysis and Design, Networking, Software Engineering.
- HR Application: PeopleSoft.
- Other S/W Tools: MS-Office, MS-Visio, Adobe Acrobat Writer.
- Version Controls: WinCVS, VSS.
- Masters in Telecommunications.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communications.
Confidential (GS - WFR-HCM) - NJ Dec '10 to Till Date
Lead Business Objects Developer/Business Analyst
Confidential is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Being the best Investment Banker, Confidential not only provides services to its Clients by advising in merges and acquisitions, executing securities Sales and Trades, tries to raise the capital for its clients. Aim of the project is to provide reports on the Headcount / Compensation movements across regions and internal divisions to the senior HR management team for analysis purposes. Provide reports on attrition, diversity, compensation and equity compensations for further analysis.
Key Roles: Lead Business Objects Developer/Business Analyst
- Worked closely with the HR team to understand the business requirements.
- Gathering and Documenting the Report requirements.
- Good understanding of Equity Compensation.
- Worked closely with the HR team during the year-end compensation reporting.
- Built the new universes as per the user requirements by identifying the required tables from Data mart and by defining the universe connections.
- Created reports using different universes.
- Created complex reports using the multiple data providers and synchronized the data providers by linking the common objects to create the common report
- Modified universe to automatically pick up the dates based on Weekly / Monthly or Adhoc basis. Automated and scheduled based on the scheduler prompts to be delivered to the users.
- Developed / Modified reports to meet senior management needs on close deadlines.
- Scheduled meetings to understand the business needs and translate them to the Technical team.
- Worked closely with the Technical team to get the BO Universe Objects/ Filters created to meet business needs.
- Created different reports containing charts showing headcounts and compensation by different divisions and regions.
- Created objects and prompts in the universe to automatically pickup the Begin, End and Snapshot dates for current and prior years.
- Created reports to help validate the data issues/discrepancies.
- Created & tested reports using Business Objects functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, Cascading Prompts, Ranking, Alerters & Formulae etc.
- Used Master Detailed, Adhoc, Cross tab functionalities to create reports based on business requirements.
- Created Canned Reports for users.
- Developed universe user documentation guide for the end users reference.
- Exposure to the PeopleSoft applications & used PeopleSoft tables for data reporting in BO.
Environment: Business Objects XIR3/5.1, Business Objects Designer, WebI / Rich Client, Windows XP, Citrix, DB2, PeopleSoft, SQL server, Aqua Data Studio
Confidential - NJ Feb '10 to Dec '10
Business Analyst / Sr. Business Objects Developer
Confidential continues to help consumers and businesses transfer money, send payments, and purchase money orders and prepaid services. Consumers can quickly and easily transfer money. Confidential is an industry leader with an eye toward providing fast, reliable and convenient money transfer services. Motive of the project is not only to have a track record of all the South West Border transactions (between US and MEX) but also to analyst the trend of the transaction being conduction over the time period to avoid any illegal and fraudulent activities over the SW Border.
Key Roles: Business Analyst, Business Objects Developer.
- Scheduled meeting with the Business Users to understand their requirements.
- Planned the business project based on the analysis of business requirements, which were gathered and documented in the Requirements Specification document.
- Managed User expectations by providing the business with the timelines based on the analysis of business requirements.
- Created & Maintained Use Cases and Functional Specification Documentations.
- Involved in developing Screen Mock-ups and presented it to the Business User for approval.
- As a Liaison, worked closely with both systems team and business to ensure the development is in line with the business requirements and managed/prioritized any change request according to the business needs.
- Interacted closely with Project Manager, SME and application developer within the team and members from the other dependant teams. Coordinated the efforts of testing the communications between the servers.
- Performed Data Validations, reviewed the SSIS packages developed to meet the business needs.
- Actively participated in post testing meetings to evaluate QA procedures and developments.
- Created a Business Object Universe for the analysis purposes.
- Working closely with the Business User to identify and develop the different reports needed for analyzing any fraudulent activities.
- Responsible for the performance tuning of the reports.
- Working knowledge on SAP BW.
- Expert on MS Excel Formatting.
Environment: Business Objects XI R3, Business Objects Designer, SAP BW, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS.
Confidential - NJ May '09 to Dec '10
Business Objects Developer
Confidential continues to help consumers and businesses transfer money, send payments, and purchase money orders and prepaid services. Consumers can quickly and easily transfer money. Confidential is an industry leader with an eye toward providing fast, reliable and convenient money transfer services. Motive of the project is not only to have a centralized data ware house providing details of all the Transactions done over a period of time, but also to report any suspicious Transactions performed/attempted by consumers to the Countries Regulator Office to prevent Money Laundering from happening. Confidential is the entire back office compliance analytics solution used to monitor transactions for the Regulator Reporting. WU reviews and analyzes money transfer data to identify suspicious activity.
Key Roles: Business Objects Developer.
- Analyzed the business requirements of the project by studying the Business Requirements Specification document & AML Rules.
- Created and Maintaining/updating the Business Object Report Inventory indicating all the phases of reports development.
- Developed BO reports to present the data broken down by the countries regulatory office and to highlight any suspicious activity that needs to be acted upon to prevent money laundering (AML) and fraud.
- Understood the business and Created Test Data in the NORKOM/ARMOR application for reporting and analyzation purposes.
- Worked extensively on NORKOM, the enhanced Anti - Money Laundering (AML) analysis and risk detection/management system, which enables to fight crime and create reports on the flagged transactions.
- Working on, Business Objects universe design, Report Designing and Formatting.
- Gathering requirements from the Business.
- Managing User expectations by analyzing the requirements and providing the business with the timelines.
- Generated the Business Objects reports involving complex queries, sub queries, Unions and Intersection.
- Designed, Developed and modified reports by analyzing user requirements.
- Used Prompts in reports to create more interactive reports for the Users.
- Developed critical reports for Audition purposes, Created reports with Standard, Summary, Cross Tabs, SQL, Command Objects, Selection Criteria, grouping, sub reports etc.
- Created & tested reports using Business Objects functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, created objects to Drill Down from Count (measure) to dimension objects, Formulae etc.
- Created and modified the existing Universes by adding new classes/objects, prompts, hierarchies based on the business requirement.
- Involved in Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Involved in Acceptance Test by the Business Users, and created test case scenarios for UAT.
- Tested universes and reports for user acceptance (UAT).
- Involved in system upgrading from Business Objects XI R2 to Business Objects XI R3.
- Coordinated the Migration of report from Business Objects XI R2 to Business Objects XI R3.
- Migrated universes and reports from development to test to production.
- Verified the Data for the new Universe developed, comparing the BO Query Results to the analyzed data. Tuning & Enhance universes with SQL queries for the report performance in production environment.
- Expert on MS Excel Formatting.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2, Business Objects Designer, CMC (Central Management Console), Windows XP, DB2, NORKOM, AML Rules, Erwin 7.
Confidential - NY Sep '06 to Apr '09
Business Objects Developer/Business Analyst
Confidential is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Being the best Investment Banker, Confidential not only provides services to its Clients by advising in merges and acquisitions, executing securities Sales and Trades, tries to raise the capital for its clients. A Common Data warehouse was designed to store data for both Equities Products and Fixed Income Products. Motivation of the project is to develop Cross Divisional Reports for Senior Management, and to give statistical reports to the sales person based on the products they deal with.
Key Roles: Business Objects Developer, Team Lead, On/Offshore Coordinator, Business Analyst
- Involved in analysis of database and user requirements for Table design, Business Objects universe design, Report Designing and Formatting.
- Involved in gathering requirements from the Business and assigning, guiding and reviewing the reports developed by the team.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement, design, development and testing.
- Managed a team of 5.
- Managed both the User/developers expectations by analyzing the requirements and providing the business with the timelines and suggested report formatting.
- Involved in major data clean up and decommissioning old systems.
- Involved in system upgrading from B.O 6.5 to Business Objects 6.5.4.
- Involved in system upgrading from B.O 6.5.4 to Business Objects XI R2.
- Tested the Report performance and verified the Data for the reports generated from BO6.5.4 to BO XIR2.
- Addressed various issues while migrating from 6.5.4 to XI R2, such as formula changes, object rights, issues on the existing reports etc.
- Good understanding of Securities Products, Fixed Income products & Financial Reporting.
- Created Fixed Income specific reports such as bond detailed reports, municipal reports and mortgage loan reports.
- Fixed the Ranked reports while migrating the reports from BO 6.5.4. to BO XIR2.
- Involved in creating aggregated variables in the universe to improve performance and to minimize object list in the universe.
- Created restrictions on data based on a User logging into BO at the Universe level, and set access privileges for users at Supervisor level.
- Implemented all the security available in BO 6.5.4 in BO XI R2 using the security methods in CMC (Central Management Console) and managed the security settings.
- Converted Deski Reports to WebI Reports using Report Conversion Tool.
- Designed, Developed and modified reports by analyzing user requirements.
- Developed many critical reports.
- Gathered requirement, created snapshot of the Dash Board screen with dummy data for the Senior Sales Management.
- Involved in design analysis and development of Dashboard Screen.
- Developed the Reports in Web-I and granted access to the users to refresh the report whenever required.
- Maintained Business Objects Development, QA and Production environments.
- Designed and Maintained Reporting Batches using Autosys.
- Created all types of reports like Master-detail, cross-tab, Multi Master detail reports, Ranking Reports.
- Created & tested reports using Business Objects functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, Formulae etc.
- Tested universes and reports for user acceptance.
- Verified the Data for the new Universe developed, comparing the BO Query Results to the analyzed data.
- Worked with Functional team to make sure required data has been extracted and loaded.
- Expert on MS Excel Formatting.
- Involved in identifying the Business requirements and analyzing them in support of Data Warehousing (ETL) efforts.
- Knowledge on Hyperion.
- Knowledge on Informatica work flows.
- Knowledge on Data Integrator work flows.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2/6.5, Business Objects Designer, CMC (Central Management Console), Data Integrator, Windows XP, Unix, DB2, Aqua Data Studio, WinCVS, Citrix Server, Informatica 8.1, Hyperion, Dash Boards, Xcelsius 2008, MS Access, MS Excel, Autosys.
Confidential, Canada Jan '05 - May '05
Business Objects Developer
Designed and developed a corporate reporting system for Loan Syndication department using Business objects at the front end and oracle at the back end for Commercial Loan Project. These reports cover all aspects of the Loan syndication business from Customers, (Sub) Participants to Deals, Facilities, and Outstanding. The main purpose of the system is generating ad-hoc Reports and Managing data.
Key Roles: Business Objects Developer
- Used Analyzer and Explorer to view reports from different perspective by using Slice & Dice, Drill modes.
- Created Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases for resolving Loops and Checked the Integrity of the Universes.
- Created Reports using Universe, Stored Procedure, and Freehand SQL as the Data providers and writing the complex queries including Sub Queries, Unions, Intersect and Aliases.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionality's like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, @Functions, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae's etc.
- Created Master Detail and Cross Tab reports to view the data in an analyzed way.
Environment: Business Objects 5.1, WebIntelligence2.5, Oracle 8i, Windows 2000, TOAD
Confidential, India May '04 - Dec '04
This software package keeps track of supplies of the petroleum products to the customers from various depots of the suppliers. The supplier bills are re-issued for the customer .It maintains the inventory of main modules like Master, Transaction, Inventory and reports.
- Involved in Designing and Developing of complete reporting application.
- Created PL/SQL Procedures, packages (With Business logic) and Triggers.
- Developed Oracle SQL scripts and PL/SQL functions.
- Development, test and deployment on an Oracle 8.0 Database.
- Generated reports using Crystal Reports.
Environment: Oracle 8.0, SQL, PL/SQL, Crystal Reports, TOAD