Extensive Business, Strategic Planning and Leadership experience in guiding organizations to align technology with the needs of the business and customers. Solid experience in implementing corporate strategies, standards and best practices based on extensive Business Systems Analysis and Project Management working on multiple, highly visible initiatives. Significant Manufacturing, Warehouse Management, Shipping and Logistics Experience. Seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity; Working across technical and business teams and all levels within the organization to deliver technical, business and support components of delivering projects on time and within budget; With experience and understanding from a value proposition, concept to design, testing, delivery and support, providing breadth and depth to help insure success and maximize ROI.
MANUFACTURING / SHIPPING AND LOGISTICS EXPERIENCE:
- IT Strategist
- Director of Client Services
- Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Project Management
- Multi-platform System Architectural Design
- Integration / Conversion Management
- Director IT
- Project Management/BSA experience implementing Manufacturing, Warehouse and Shipping/Logistics Solutions > 10 Years
- Business Systems Analyst - Requirements Gathering, Creating Documentation, Creating System Test Plans and End-to-End Testing
- Defining and participating in UAT
- User Training/Support Development and Delivery
- Implementation of Production Monitoring/Support Solutions
- Extensive work with Integration Solutions/Vendors
Functional design and architecture of application systems across technologies and platforms
Team or technical supervision; driving project and service deliver Delivery of technical architectures; satisfy business domain/project objectives aligned with corporate/division architecture direction Provide broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies. Contribute to the ongoing definition of enterprise architectural discipline and improvement of delivery Construct program flow charts to describe processing of data and development and cross platform processing and integration
SYNOPSIS: Director IT,Director Technical Services, Implementation Lead, Project Manager, Senior Business Systems Analyst, Director Client Services, Senior. Technical Analyst, Testing Coordinator, Programmer/Analyst and more
Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio), EDI Mapping Tools
Operating Systems: DB2, Oracle, Windows, Linux, AS400, XML, ESB
Programming Languages: RPG II, RPGIV, RPG ILE, COBOL
Other: Project Web, Share Point, HP Quality Center, Plan View, SQL, Other Query Tools, Project Management\\, Testing Tools, HP Service Center Incident Tracking, VOIP Telephony, VRU, Wireless LAN 8.02.11b, WAN, Window 95/98/NT/VISTA, Citrix Metaframe, MS Office, Outlook, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, Routers and Switches, SHIVA, VPN, Firewalls, PDA, Bar Code Scanners, RF ID, Internet/Intranet/Extranet, RS6000 (AIX), Mainframe, AS400 (DB2), .NET, FTP, ODBC. Client/Server, Object Oriented and SOA Applications, Call Center and Inbound/Outbound Call Applications.
Confidential, Richmond August 2011-Present
Senior Intent BSA - IRIS Horizontal
Confidential, Richmond VA March3011-August 2011
- BSA /QA IRIS Wireframe Test Harness
- Analysis Process/Procedures
- Tool Design for various teams
- Define HLBRs on projects sharing services across LOBs
- Participate in diverse Scope Review of proposed projects
- Estimate Project LOE across teams for slotting decision
- Work with Release Management-streamline delivery
- RBAC Analysis / Change Recommendations
- Analysis/Improvement QA Approach/Processes
- Help set IRIS platform future direction Capital One\'s architectural blueprint.
- Engage CIIG, BPO, Digital processes (Intent & Solutions Definition) to formulate and estimate solutions.
- Insure platform complies with Capital One architectural blueprint vision.
- Provide SME guidance and analysis work for special initiatives such as Project Shield, HSBC integration, ING integration.
- Triage questions from business and other platforms regarding IRIS current and future state functionality.
- Work with Port ensure IRIS usability needs are being met.
- Drive down delivery costs by providing alternate options and solutions to business needs.
- Perform analysis only on some projects
- Consult on estimation of change controls for slotted projects.
- Create and maintain work drivers and estimation tools. Validate accuracy of same.
- Provide management w/early warning communications regarding resources
- Identify, negotiate and explain IRIS changes that impact other lines of business and change impacts on shared modules or core infrastructure.
- Identify requests for functionality that are symbiotic with other requests to implement the functionality to meet the needs of all parties.
- Identify internal processes or procedures that are broken or suboptimal as a result of intent research.
- Create solutions to same or raise awareness with management.
- Work with Integrated BSAs to identify/design end to end solutions.
- Promote and educate IRIS as solution. Identify cases where IRIS may not be appropriate and suggest alternatives.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Richmond VA Sep 2009- Mar 2011
- Define requirements for Agile Web Based tools and applications working across teams and business units
- Write Use Cases
- Assist QA in developing test cases an approaches
- Issue research/resolution and documentation
- Release Planning
- Middleware Services Requirements
- Work with technical resources to define and document system requirements.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Lead role on Salesforce.com CRM implementation/Expansion
- Define requirements for Agile Web Based tools and applications working across business units
- Working on data store approach to provide single ETL point, back-up and centralized reporting capability to reduce costs and provide data consistency
- Data Analysis and Quality Control
- Data Mapping and Transformation from multiple sources
- Definition and rollout of new on-line and distributed Sales Tools for Account Managers
- Provide input to project management activities throughout the project lifecycle, influencing scope, charter, risk plan, project plan, issues and status.
- Define system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes.
- Work with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects
- Coordinates user training and documentation. May write and deliver user training for non-complex projects. Reviews technical design documentation.
- Elicit and document detailed functional requirements from project requestors, balancing input from multiple stakeholders across LOBs and governing groups.
- Creation of Customer Focus Groups
- Work with User Experience Designers to develop detailed prototypes.
Confidential, Richmond VA Apr 2005 - Mar 2009
Senior Business Systems Analyst/ Project Lead on Special Initiatives
- Heavy involvement in development of new concepts, services and vendor related services from initiation to roll-out and support; MOD, Firedog™, Branding Initiatives
- Work with web team to define requirements, test, resolve issues and integration of services between web and POS.
- Worked with cross-functional teams on project planning, testing in preparation of rollout.
- Liaison between technical and business units.
- Created Change Request and Detailed Business and Functional Requirements.
- Provided guidance, direction, research and implementation of processes, procedures and tools for establishing and an on-going operation of a new in-house level support team.
- Worked with and addressed configuration/administration and interfaces on a problem ticketing control system with an associated knowledge base to provide proper prioritization of reported incidents, escalation, resolution, follow-up and analysis against SLAs.
- Worked as part of a team to refine and define appropriate steps to problem resolution based on severity.
- Use Case Standards and Development.
- Facilitated Workshop and Solutioning Sessions.
- Directed delivery of new Shelf Tag Project.
- Coordinated PI and Cycle Count Inventory Testing and initial live Physical Inventories.
- Participated in Re-branding Projects.
- Coordinated integration of new products and services-Firedog(sm) and others.
- Defined support call tree, paging support system and processes, procedures and flow.
- Planned for vendor services transitions.
- Participates in lessons learned meetings. Contributes information in areas that went well and areas for improvement.
- Provide initial feasibility analysis and coordination for delivery portfolio requests.
- Drove documentation of after-hours processing and monitoring systems/alerts to insure uptime SLAs and remediation guidelines were within agreed-upon compliance levels.
- Played a major role in bringing up a new Application Support Team on the POS System; including internal and vendor SLA performance review, gap analysis and documentation.
Confidential, Oct 2004 - Apr 2005
Senior Technical Systems Analyst
- Defined standards and document existing manual system and processes.
- Coordinated development/implementation and documentation of standardized procedures and business rules.
- Provided direction on automation of future access requests, tiered approval and tracking.
- Worked with Compliance and Audit on Sarbanes Oxley Access Control planning.
PM/Testing Coordinator Sep 2003 - Oct 2004
- Directed project teams across partners and standardized project plan and test plan formats.
- Defined Test Environment Requirements.
- Facilitated communications, calls, and meetings with internal and external contributors.
- Coordinated combined test plans and schedules.
- Business Case and Script development.
- Defined, refined and monitored SLA's.
- Monitored and Dashboard Reporting on Project Detailed Task Schedule status.
- Directed overall participation in testing.
- Managed incident tracking, reporting and escalation/resolution.
- Liaison role between technical and business units.
Confidential, Analyst/ Director Technical Services
Sep 2002- Aug 2003
- Managed all technical activities and resources; recruiting, performance reviews.
- Vendor RFP and SLA Requirements Definition on behalf of clients Strategic business and IT planning.
- Developed new streams thru new business partner agreements and additional services.
- Problem Resolution/Escalation client projects.
- Worked at all levels with clients from a business and technical perspective to insure satisfaction.
- Sales Presentations/Pre and Post Sales Support.
- Oversight of detailed business requirements analysis, technical definition, proposals.
- Planned and monitored simultaneous projects.
- Directed HIPPA, SOX and other regulatory policy and procedure reviews for clients.
- Directed HA implementations and requirements; Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery. Negotiated, documented and monitored Vendor Service Level Agreements.
Confidential, Sep 1997 - Sep 2004
Consultant Sep 2002- Sep 2004 Director/Co-Director IT (Multiple Companies) Oct 1999 - Sep 2002
Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst Jun 1997 - Oct 1999
- Project Management on implementations and support of systems and interfaces.
- Participated in Consumer Packaging Planning to meet demands and drive profitability
- Managed multiple teams of direct and in-direct report resources.
- Created, managed and participated on 24 x 7 client support team for the two companies.
- Directed information services for two food processing companies w/annual revenues of $800M+.
- Represented company in interactive solutioning initiatives for customers
- Turned IT from cost to profit center thru services to related company as ASP.
- Requirements definition, RFP development, vendor selection on ERP solution. .
- Designed after hour's unattended operations, configurable, automated Monthly Close.
- Drove interactive reporting of sales and marketing results reporting
- Implemented RF Id Manufacturing and Inventory Control System.
- Designed Web Based Executive Information System (EIS).
- Directed projects to insure enterprise adherence to fiscal, procedural and audit policies.
- Reduced costs, simplified consignment inventory, and consolidated billing on peanut seed sales.
- Created interface to USDA Quota Systems to meet requirements via Smart Cards.
- Improved Customer Care thru Order Tracking Production Reporting System.
- Improved Security thru single sign-on, user authentication.
- Directed implementation of EDI. Vendor RFP and SLA Requirements Definition from both a client and provider perspective.
- Vendor Management, Measurement and Reporting against SLAs.
- Provided extensive analysis, presentations and reporting.
- Directed development of interfaces in-house and bank inventory position/financial systems.
- Reduced communications cost (VOIP), cost of ownership on desktops and support.
- Created secure web access to systems thru implementation of Citrix Metaframe.
- Developed Sales Forecasting/Reporting System.
- Designed Broker Commission tracking, reporting, payment and reconciliation system.
- Provided extensive reporting/analysis on product profitability, demographic marketing analysis.
- Developed Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan with Response/SLA Requirements.
Confidential, Jan 1981 - Sep 1997
(Purchased Medical Surgical Center - regional medical supply distributor) 1990
Corporate Director IT/Client Services Jan 1992- Sep 1997
Project Manager Jun 1990 - Jan 1992
IT Implementation Lead/Business Analyst/Programmer Jan 1981 - Jun 1990
Confidential, Sep 1976 - Jan 1981
Lead Consultant/Business Analyst
Confidential, Middleburg, PA Jan 1971 - Sep 1976
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Programmer
Associate of Art - Engineering Computer Science