Project manager/business analyst with 11years experience using organizational and problem-solving skills. Quickly grasps new technologies, their application, and impact on organizations and marketplaces. Proactively identifies customer needs, manages expectations and resolves issues. Understands business needs and can translate between technical and business communities to resolve business issues and develop solutions to technical challenges.
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Requirements Documentation
- Business Process Design & Optimization
- Software Selection
- User Acceptance Testing
- Solution Implementation
- Client Relationships & Customer Satisfaction
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA 2010 - Present
Business Analyst (Digital Supply Chain - Product to Market)
- Represent DSC Product to Market team in the product launches to document and implement requirements related to licensing, support product, partner eval portal, and emails in IT systems.
- Established End2End business testing process. Coordinate testing for all all product launches. Manage the resolution of issues identified by working with launch stakeholders across functional teams.
- Worked with Eco Systems Engineering to document 'As Is' process and pain points for Partner Driver and Tools availability on the website. Defined and implemented 'To Be' process that reduced the time and resources required to GA.
- Managed deployment of enhancements and fixes to IT tools - Beta Download Management, Download Maintenance tool. Documented functional requirements, coordinated with development, QA, release management, and business for development, testing and deployment of the enhancements/fixes.
- Support R&D Release Management, Global Support Readiness, Web Marketing, Application Support, and Beta Program team members on IT systems and production issues.
- Identified and documented release and launch 'As Is' processes, roles and responsibilities, and pain points. Planned and led development sessions with stakeholders to define and document 'To Be' processes, user stories, and systems requirements for release and launch automation project. Engaged with IT development, UI and QA team for the development and delivery of the project.
Confidential, San Jose, CA 2005 - 2010
Project Manager/Business Analyst Alumni Career Services Technology Strategy
- Engaged with customer to define a compelling and implementable online service offering and technology strategy. Defined project scope and plan. Interviewed stakeholders to identify high level features and functionality requirements.
- Interviewed competition (leading Alumni Association directors) to identify industry best practices.
- Identified technology gaps by analyzing existing technologies and mapping requirements and features to high level goals and objectives of the association.
- Evaluated off-the-shelf technologies and managed the technology selection process. Evaluated RFI responses, organized vendor demos and managed technology review to shortlist vendors for negotiation and selection.
Senior Business Analyst Document Automation Project
- Successfully rolled out strategic document imaging solution to scan, process, store and retrieve 50,000 documents daily. Anticipated savings of $500,000 USD/year in one large office alone, with rollout to approximately 300 offices planned.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to define and document business process flows, use cases, and systems requirements. Estimated operations workload, staffing and scheduling needs. Worked with IT to clarify functionality; negotiated project scope and functionality with business clients.
- Coordinated with QA team to develop test plans and test cases; reviewed and prioritized bugs. Developed user acceptance testing (UAT) plan and test cases and facilitated testing to obtain business sign-off.
- Worked closely with technical team to ensure timely and accurate implementation. Created performance testing requirements and metrics; worked with development, hardware engineering and QA to improve system performance. Worked with SCM to plan and schedule release deployments and created release documentation for SCM. Created training documentation, help, and effectively trained users.
- Asked to return by client to lead transition of support to internal IT and drive requirements and plan for Phase 2. Created service level agreements (SLAs), instructions, training, FAQs, support plans for Technical Support teams and to ensure smooth transition to client IT services. Accomplished system integration with external system by working with vendor to implement system enhancements.
- Facilitated weekly status meetings with business owners to review and prioritize technical issues and create release plans. Effectively identified and managed project issues and risks with all stakeholders.
Project Manager/Business Analyst E-commerce and Social Networking Website
- Worked with Founders of a premier online wine community and store from conception todefine functionality,establish project scope and phases, create project plan, document requirements, created wire frames and use cases, and managed project to successful launch.
- Documented requirements for taste profile matching algorithm, winecyclopedia, club and store administration functionality, gift subscriptions, my wine cellar, online registry, and 3rd party club integrations.
- Identified and documented requirements for end-to-end operational and financial reports, order transmission to 3rd party fulfillment center and managed and resolved product catalog updates.
- Identified and helped resolve customer, subscription, inventory, regulatory and order fulfillment issues. Created training manuals and trained employees on fulfillment processes, inventory challenges, customer satisfaction, and financial reporting.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA 1999-2003
Product Marketing Manager
- Managed development and launch of interactive web-based Student Information System for school districts and counties to build online community. Collaborated with executive team to develop business models for product line viability, profitability, pricing scenarios, and revenue forecasts.
- Worked closely with users, decision makers and purchasers to identify and scope product features, gather customer requirements, and identify potential product applications and enhancements; prioritized these inputs for product releases. Analyzed competition and product strategies; wrote business intelligence reports and updated team on competitors, industry issues, best practices and market trends.
- Coordinated multi-site virtual engineering and QA teams, including outsourced team members; wrote RFPs for technical work. Facilitated creativity in resolving issues to ensure product quality and timely deployment.
- Formulated market requirement and product requirement document. Oversaw market research activities including surveys, focus groups, and customer visits. Budgeted, planned and managed participation in trade shows. Assisted sales team in closing deals, developed sales material and product demos, obtained customer references, and participated in client presentations.
- Developed implementation and training plan. Trained customers' trainers.
Master of Business Administration, concentration in Marketing and Finance.