Client: Confidential, Princeton, NJ DATE: Jan 2010 to PRESENT
Position: Business Analyst Consultant
Pre-Sales Tool Integration with Account Open Application: The goal of the project was to integrate the pre-sales tool used by the sales team with the re-engineered Account Open (client on boarding application) so as to facilitate the investment account creation using minimum data entry. The Account Open application was re-engineered to facilitate an automated workflow which would incorporate the following customizable milestones based on the firm configuration: Firm Authorizations, AML Check, KYC Check, Signature Review, and Funding
- Participated in Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the changes in the proposed system.
- Interviewed product line managers, underwriters, underwriting technicians, underwriting analysts to gather business requirements, wants/ needs concerning the project and documented the requirements.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations, and to discuss the different ways and means for the integration of rational tools with the current system.
- Identified UI requirements, created Wireframes, Prototypes and UI specification using Axure.
- Analyzed, documented and managed requirements in a format that was easily reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people using MS Word.
- Documented Use Case Narratives based on the business rules and functional requirements identified in the JAD session.
- Conducted interviews and performed Stakeholder Analysis, worked with IT managers, software architects to identify the key changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them.
- Conducted walkthroughs with business and development teams.
- Documented UML Activity Diagram to define the To-Be Business Processes as well as documented UML State Diagrams to define the Work-In-Progress (WIP) Statuses of clients and accounts.
- Partnered with QA team to create test scenarios, test plans and test cases based on requirements and functional specifications. Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Client: Confidential, King of Prussia, PA DATE: Oct 2008- Dec 2010
Position: Business Analyst Consultant
WebReach is a YellowBook product line that places performance based—pay per click (PPC)—advertising onto search engines and their network of sites. The WebReach Product included the following 4 portals:
- Sales Portal: Sales Portal is a one stop shop for sales reps and sales managers to get a 360° view of their accounts. Sales Portal also enables the sales rep to generate realistic monthly estimates for potential YellowBook advertisers to run their performance based campaigns on Google, Yahoo and MSN search engines using BET (Budget Estimator Tool). The portal also housed the functionality assign marketing regions to sales reps as well as controlling entitlements to carious marketing personnel’s..
- Operations Portal: SAMI (Search Advertisement Management Interface) is a SEM (Search Engine Marketing) Tool used by the campaign analysts to create campaigns, add keywords and upload the campaign on Google, Yahoo and MSN search engines via API. It also provides several custom reports, alerts and a dashboard view to monitor performance on a daily basis.
- Advertiser Portal: Advertiser Reporting Center is used by the YellowBook advertisers to go online and view the performance metrics of their campaigns. The advertisers can view dashboard providing an overview of clicks, impressions, calls received, CTR as well as have an option to view detailed information on each metric based on custom date ranges.
- ChatterHub: This application provides advertisers with an aggregated view of all online chatter i.e. business reviews, business mentions in blogs and social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) under the same hub. This would also allow the small business owners to manage their Facebook and Twitter account with a single sign on from ChatterHub application-eliminating the need for a separate sign on in each of them.
- Functioned as a primary bridge between the business, operations, and the technical team throughout the project cycle
- Involved in understanding YellowBook current business as well as their legacy systems
- Created As-Is Business Process Models using MS Visio
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Sales Rep, Sales Manager, Campaign Analysts and Analysts Managers to identify business rules, functional and non-functional requirements
- Modified existing screen design using Snagit & Paint to reflect the updated requirements.
- Responsible for defining Functional Requirement Specifications following the Agile methodology using HP Quality Center
- Designed wire frames and activity diagrams using MS Visio to outline the “To-Be” screens and “To-Be” processes
- Participated in daily Scrum and bi-weekly project status meetings
- Conducted requirement walkthroughs and UI walkthroughs with developers and QA team to help them understand the requirements and proactively identified feasibility issues
- Involved in creating test cases using HP Quality Center and participated in manual testing
- Maintained traceability matrix between requirements and test cases using HP Quality Center
- Conducted bug triage with QA and Development team to go over the defects
- Created release notes to support the monthly releases.
Client: Confidential, Philadelphia, PA Date: Feb 2007- Oct 2008
Position: Business Analyst
Pharmaceutical Rebate Contract Management and Billing System Re-engineering: The goal of the project was to replace the legacy AS400 application with a web based application that houses a decision engine, which allows the users to enter all contractual terms for every pharmaceutical company as well as build a classification tree and an exception tree. The system also performs predictive modeling, which in turn allows the users to negotiate better terms on the rebate contract with pharmaceutical companies.
- Participated in the identification, definition and documentation of current business process including the customer service model and how the processing of payments and updates to corporate card features happen in the As-Is world.
- Participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions by convening project sponsors, end-user representatives, development team members, subject-matter experts, technical personnel, and different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to consensus.
- Identified Use Cases and wrote Use Case Narratives.
- Worked closely with the development team to help them understand Use Case Narratives.
- Conducted requirement workshops among all project stakeholders to verify and validate the business requirements
- Handled the development of business requirement documents (BRD) resulting from JAD sessions.
- Gathered Business Requirements from users and used Enterprise Architect for documenting the requirements.
- Involved in maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Participated in identifying opportunities and parameters for business process improvements.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to release multiple iterations of the deliverable over the span of the project lifecycle; propounded early development and base-lining of a robust executable architecture.
- Created Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using Enterprise Architect.
- Assisted QA department to write and execute Test plans and Test Cases.
Client: Confidential, Bentonville, AR Date: Mar 2005- Jan 2007
Position: Jr. Business Analyst Consultant
Walmart.com: The goal of the project was to re-engineer walmart.com to provide a user experience enabling the user to effectively search for products, find deals, add a product to cart, checkout product and track the order.
- Actively involved in requirement gathering and requirement management. Analyzed requirement, assigned attributes and segregated them into high level and low level use cases using Rational Requisite Pro
- Conducted JAD sessions with different stakeholders and development team as and when necessary to elicit use cases
- Developed requirement traceability matrix and attribute traceability matrix to manage changing requirements
- Created full life cycle documentation from product requirements in the developmental stage to functional specifications for the completed modules of application components
- Created Use-Cases, Wireframes and State Diagrams to demonstrate software architecture and interaction of system components before prototyping. Used Rational Rose, Requisite-Pro for requirement traceability
- Designed Wireframes which allowed development of variations of a layout to maintain design consistency throughout the E-Commerce site
- Carefully analyzed vision document and devised detailed interview plan and guidelines for the interview process
- Interviewed the domain experts and carefully recorded the requirements in the format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people
- Assisted in documenting various business related texts
- Helped in designing workflow diagrams with the help of UML
- Prepared documents to conduct professional meetings for the client and team members
- Participated in enhancement meetings to make the product more effective in real time. Worked with developers and QAs to clarify
- Extensively used brainstorming sessions to generate ideas