Business Analyst with senior level experience in systems analysis and integration in addition to expertise leading and managing complex projects through complete life cycle. Possesses a diversified technical background with broad skills in developing software products and services. Solid experience in e-Commerce / SAAS product development, and secure cryptographic systems design. In-depth background in integration of new products and services with business back office systems. Experienced in coordinating assignments with local and off-shore contractors. Effective communicator who consistently meets demanding deadlines on corporate, divisional and functional levels.
Business Requirements | Out-Sourcing | SAAS | Agile
Process Specifications | Offshore | e-Commerce | LEAN
Project Management | Test Matrices | UAT | SDLC
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
Confidential, Shelton, CT 1982 - 2010
Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering (Nov 1997 - Sep 2010)
- Developed web-based business products (virtual postage meters) and back-office systems for Internet postage meter product line.
- In concert with USPS, designed and produced virtual postage and shipping label internet services to be used by Ebay customers and other internet merchandisers (B2B and B2C).
- Coordinated testing of various software postage metering products to assure conformance to USPS IBIP and Federal Information Processing Standards.
- Coordinated cryptographic and key management system design to assure conformance to US FIPS 140-1 standards.
- Traveled to Japan, Taiwan and Indonesia to assess printer manufacturers and wrote recommendations regarding appropriate vendors for hardware platforms resulting in development of secure Thermal Postage Printing products.
- Proposed, developed and put into practice several proof of concept designs for product remote diagnostics which analyzed the performance of machines through embedded motion control systems, monitored wear and predicted service requirements.
- Developed 'dashboard' processes for automated system monitoring and alerts.
Manager, Technical Support (May 1997 - Nov 1997)
- Coordinated sales and service launches new high-performance products.
- Developed product support documentation, automated expert systems and training programs.
- Awarded for high-level product support on major product launches.
Senior Engineer, System Integration & Test (May 1996 - May 1997)
- Solved major integration issues between new Paragon Mailing system and existing accounting systems.
- Documented communications interface between mailing, weighing and accounting systems.
- Developed test and analysis tools and processes.
Staff Engineer, Marketing and Program Management (May 1994 - May 1996)
- Developed product support infrastructure, user and service documentation
- Planned and delivered service and sales product launch training
Sr. Tech Support Engineer (Nov 1993 - May 1994)
- Launched and supported new mailing system products.
Manager, Technical Service & Support (May 1988 - Nov 1993)
- Implemented new design for serviceability program on new products.
- Set new standards for service documentation & training.
- Awarded for best launch of a major new product.
Manager, Manufacturing Technical Services (Jun 1985 - May 1988)
- Developed and delivered automated test fixtures and software.
- Established and staffed an equipment calibration staff in support of ISO 9000 qualification.
- Managed a staff of 12 design engineers and 18 technicians.
- Development and delivery of Postage Meter Systems test fixtures and factory automation equipment.
Project Manager, Manufacturing Technical Services (May 1984 - Jun 1985)
- Established an automated PC Board test facility for in-circuit testing of Meter, Scale, and other circuit boards.
- Managed the transfer of this facility to Dictaphone Melbourne Florida facility.
Staff Engineer, Manufacturing Technical Services (Feb 1983 - May 1984)
- Developed a standard base test box and software platform that was adapted to multiple test stations.
- This common test tool platform reduced test equipment development time by half in the following years.
Senior Engineer, Quality Engineering (Jun 1982 - Feb 1983)
- Quality measurement and reporting for Electronic Meter Systems final assembly and PC board shop.