- Drafted policy and procedure documents for the Confidential Investors to launch initial Real Estate Equity and Joint Ventures Funds to outside investors.
- Designed and implemented a reconciliation tool at Confidential for cash and positions significantly reduced the time to produce the financial statements, reducing risk and cost.
- Created a policy and procedure document for the Private Equity/Real Estate group at Confidential which led to the department receiving SOC level 1 certification.
- Developed best practice documents for processing bank debt and OTC reconciliations leading to a new process for the middle office.
- Led a global - wide team security conversion on Investran at Confidential enabling compliance for SOC level 1 certification for internal IT controls and external audit.
MS Office, Visio, JIRA, QLIK, Investran, Workday
Confidential, New York. NY
Financial Accountant/System Integration Analyst
- Maintain the Company’s financial books in WorkDay for 10+ individual entities, including recording revenue and costs, monthly credit card transaction import/reconciliation, preparation of numerous intercompany journal entries, A/P & A/R oversight and preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for 10+ bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly intercompany account reconciliation to ensure transactions for all 10+ entities are balanced and accurately recorded in the financial statements.
Confidential, Doylestown, PA
Senior Manager Financial Analysis
- Project lead for a series of successful, innovative, health sciences business analytic applications.
- Large, high performance, longitudinal patient data repositories.
- Patient-level drug utilization analysis.
- Physician-level analysis of Pharma industry data.
- Data mining, statistical analysis of patient and physician cohorts.
- QlikView dash boarding tool to access Patient Health Information, Insurance details, payment information and Medical history (claims information).
- Performed testing of dashboards for functionality, data, performance, look and feel.
- Actively involved in requirement gathering sessions with business analysts, business stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SME), developers and sponsors.
- Performed Analysis of key business requirements and assisted in development of Business Requirement Specification (BRS).
- Successfully performed UAT before releasing to Production environment.
- Manage team of Data Stewards and perform quality controls of the work.
- Manage A/R and A/P function utilizing QuickBooks as well as reconcile cash balances and all G/L accounts.
Confidential, New York, NY
Manager, Conversion Project
- Create and update key control testing plans. Operate all tasks effectively from the conceptual stage through to successful implementation for conversion of Credit Hedge Fund administrator.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project team and stakeholders.
- Review and repair Investor statements and NAV packages for new CRM and accounting system.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
Senior Business Analyst
- Document and support the creation of business process requirements for the onboarding and launch of Real Estate Funds sponsored by MetLife.
- Formalize process for the completion of the monthly NAV closing package and the quarterly financial statement used for internal and external reporting.
- Support the development and documentation of SOC 1 and SOC2 processes for MetLife's requirement to maintain such standards for the Investment Management platform.
- Drafted a package on debt held in Real Estate Funds to comply with the loan financial covenants.
- Monthly Variance Analysis - Provide explanations for high level variance for the consolidated entities (including reporting package).
- Sent from the building management /accounting team.
- Analysis expenses from month to month and follow up with any out of variance or exception items.
- Follow up with Management Company and/or administrator.
- Set up bank accounts and directed building management on treasury functions for new properties.
- Verify 95% rule for REIT’s and calculate investor capital calls and quarterly distributions (90% Rule).
- Monthly Reporting to Fund Controller, Director of Accounting and Compliance and CFO - Prepare, evaluate and distribute monthly reporting package including cash basis operating statement with variance analysis, accrual based B/S, I/S, Equity and Cash Flow statement with supporting schedules
- Quarterly Reporting to Investors - Prepare quarterly report to investors including full set of financial statements, market overview, footnotes and other financial performance information.
- Review covenant compliance for reporting to management and lenders.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Analyze and compiled functional requirements for day to day activities on the Investran Private Equity System. Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group.
- Create Risk Matrix and Policy & Procedures document for function team as well as internal and external auditors (SOC-SSAE 16).
- Assisted with the daily work flow including:
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, and transfers .
- Prepare fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations.
- Create and monitor all Investor information in the CRM platform of Investran.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Identify and define the information, business and process requirements for business and technology development initiatives for a portfolio accounting system (PAM).
- Analyze and document (Business Solution Document) the required design approach, addressing the set of functional changes provided by the business analysis team.
- Document and execute project test plans to ensure the integrity of the new or enhanced functionality meets the standards of the product framework and complies with end user business requirements.
Confidential, New York, NY
Manager, Investment Accounting
- Responsible for the oversight of the Investment Accounting Staff for the Confidential Pension plans.
- Manage quarterly and annual reporting of Financial Statements for the Pension plans.
- Project Lead/Member for Investment Manager & Commingled Fund Assets reconciliations, management, performance fee and benchmark verification and New Security Asset definitions.
- Designed, tested and implemented a reconciliation tool utilizing an in-house system to improve efficiencies and mitigate risk.
- Ensured project delivery in conformance with Confidential software development life cycle methodologies.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Financial Reporting Manager
- Review the preparation and coordinate the process of preparing financial statements in compliance.
- Manage the workflow and day-to-day activities of junior staff by allocating and organizing work, setting deadlines and implementing procedures.
- Set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals and provide feedback on individual and team performance.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise and participate in training junior staff and new hires.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Senior Risk Analyst
- Provide guidance, expert knowledge and assistance to business leaders in managing operational risks in accordance with the company's Operational Risk Management framework.
- Ensuring operational risks and standardization of policies are properly identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported.
- Evaluated risks associated with new products/initiatives as required by Confidential policy.
- Collaborated with other groups and corporate functions to resolve complex risk issues and overall business exposure.
- Authored “best practice” solutions for OTC reconciliations, bank debt processing and OTC derivative confirmations.
- Report and track incidents to the Confidential global intranet site for review by the Confidential Risk Committee and the Management Team.