- Detail oriented Business analyst & Financial Analyst with over five years in various domains which includes Banking, and Technology.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodologies which include Waterfall and Agile SCRUM.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC Phases which includes Planning, Analysis/Design, Development, and Testing etc. for the software/system development process.
- Well versed in conducting various elicitation techniques which includes surveys, questionnaires, interviews and brainstorming sessions.
- Excellent skills in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) for gathering user requirements and understanding business process.
- Excellent Technical, Interpersonal, analytical, organizational, time management and problem - solving skills, including facilitation, negotiation, leadership and influencing.
- Experience in conducting Business decomposition and Business Analysis which include GAP, Impact Analysis and Business Process Engineering by using Business Analysis tools.
- Participated in project planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing programs, goals and objectives to ensure that providers of services, recipients, and related groups or agencies receive adequate assistance and services.
- Proven skills in creating User Stories, Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Good understanding of Product backlog, Sprint backlog, User Stories.
- Expertise in documenting business requirements, creating use cases, business process workflows.
- Experience with UML Methodologies in creating context, Use Case, Sequence and Activity diagrams, Swim lanes, Class, ER and Deployment diagrams.
- Proficient in creating Prototypes, Wireframes, Demos, and Walkthroughs at various phases of the project.
- Good understanding of RDBMS and data warehouse concepts and procedures for data integration across application and modules.
- Knowledge of data modeling, database migration, database structures, data mapping, data validation and verifications etc.
- Experience in co-coordinating with QA teams, understanding of test planning, test strategy, test executions.
- Managing and co-ordination of UAT across projects, preparing UAT Plans, Test Cases, UAT Training.
- Experience in creating User Documentation, User Training, and Planning for Deployment process, Post-production support etc.
- Expertise includes ability to resource management, project timelines, budgets, gather requirements, software design and asset lifecycle management.
- Strong client facing experience and ability to succeed independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritizes, and completes multiple tasks in a high production environment.
- Lead teams to achieve sprint goals by prioritizing backlog items via hosting Backlog grooming, Sprint planning and Retrospective meetings.
- Proactive in identifying, escalating, and addressing project issues and risks.
- Excellent team player with ability to think analytically and troubleshoot issues.
- Possess Good listening skills and an Excellent Verbal and Written Skills along with excellent co-ordination, negotiation and interpersonal skills in a cross-functional and cross-cultural work environment
SDLC: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Supporting Languages: HTML, XML, SQL, CORE JAVA, JSON, YAML
PM Tools: Lean Management, SWOT, GAP, MS Project, MS Office, MS PowerPoint
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq, UML, Adobe Illustrator, Lucid Chart, BPMN
Business Tools/Reporting Tools: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Excel-Pivot Table.
Data Analysis Tools: TABLEAU, Oracle Analytical Framework
Supporting Tools: JIRA, Confluence
Technical Writing Tools: WordPress, MS Visio, Adobe Robohelp, MS Word
Project Management: Handling Agile Projects, Application Lifecycle Management
Risk Management: SOX Assessments, Risk Calculation Matrix
Testing Tools: ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
Collaboration Tools: SharePoint
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Business System Analyst
- Act as a liaison for business group, tech. team and vendors to fill any gaps in the project.
- Coordinate with manager to create internal dashboard to highlight deliverables and action items from different workstreams.
- Follow agile methodology to manage the application in accordance to SDLC.
- Facilitate daily standup calls and discussions to discuss any development and testing issues/concerns.
- Created project’s Jira SCRUM board for the team to track user stories, tasks, bugs, defects and advanced Jira Query language (JQL) filter for the board.
- Conducted various meetings like JAD sessions, Business acceptance testing (BAT) sessions, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective and backlog grooming sessions with the team.
- Multiple sessions with business team to review User stories and requirements from Vendors for MARs platform development.
- Coordinate with backend developers to work with Postman Tool to extract data for “data mapping” between iPREO UI and MARs UI fields to create UML component diagrams and mapping document from scratch.
- Created UI Mockups and wireframes in Balsamiq Tool for the new Wells web application.
- Designed, analyzed and created “High-level” and “In-depth” architect diagram showcasing the business and technical process flow using MS VISIO.
- Assisted QA team to communicate with vendors and test GUI testcases for different builds/sprints.
- Reviewed/Analyzed “Data Dictionary” and changes in “Enumeration values” with developers for Financial information exchange (FIX) message testing.
- Conducted Requirement Walkthroughs with the development and testing teams to ensure the requirements are clarified and accurate before the development and testing started.
- Extensive understanding in extracting and reading data from YAML and JSON developer files for data mapping.
- Created “Timeline mapping charts” using MS VISIO showcasing the different milestones, phases and deliverables for all workstreams.
- Worked closely with Info Security/ Risk compliance team to ensure Confidential complies with all the policies and provide feedback to vendors.
- Lead and mentored new team members on getting them various access for project sites and held knowledge transfer sessions.
- Successfully lead the team on Financial information exchange (FIX) API testing by integrating 2 systems to send and fetch deal data information.
- Gathered specifications from business and tech. groups and prepared first hand copy of Business requirement document (BRD).
- Handled the “Sunrise Application” process to get new application onboarded in system and register the App ID.
- Worked with different global bank teams and vendor companies (ETS/iPREO) to get all the deliverables complete for the project.
- Hosted Demos for “Fixed income products - High grade/High yield” products to keep the team in same page.
- Managed team SharePoint site by ensuring the repository is up to date for the team and created Confluence board to share knowledge and collaborate with team members.
Confidential, New York
Business System Analyst
- Followed agile methodology for managing the SDLC for project.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to discuss requirements and create Use Case scenarios to resolve conflicts between stakeholders by using MS word.
- Involved with the QA team to review Testing Strategies and Test Plans in MS Access.
- Provided new business & technological ideas related to Six Sigma Change Processes / business process improvements (SDLC based) / process re-engineering.
- Defined problem domain by gathering requirements from business user and stakeholders and transformed functional requirements into system requirement specifications & used MS word.
- Designed and analyzed Use Case diagrams and sequence diagrams using Microsoft Visio to depict process flows and PowerPoint presentations using Microsoft Office suite.
- Developed and managed project plans and schedule in MS Excel.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervising the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Translated the business requirements specification into functional specifications based on business rules and company listing/delisting rules and procedures as per the Dodd-Frank guidelines and Basel policies.
- Interacted with Users, Developers, Project Manager to write business requirement.
- Coordinated monthly meetings and got user feedback at every step of the development process
- Experience in issue/bug tracking in JIRA and compiling the various reporting charts used such as the Cumulative Flow Diagram, Control Charts, Sprint Report, Epic Report and Version Reports.
- Actively involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Partnered with the dedicated Technology and Operations Development project team to develop improved processes and implement changes to drive efficiency and productivity improvements.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed and Documented Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documentation, and System Requirement Documentation, using UML methodologies.
- Executed all aspects of business analysis, reporting, database management, and financial analysis. Conducting UAT testing, User Interface testing, functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Back- end testing, UI testing, Parallel testing, Rules testing.
- Provided trade support to the Fixed Income trading desks for various products including Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, Treasury Trades, and other Money Market products and OTC Derivatives.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure all the business requirements have been fulfilled by the application.
- Co-ordinate CCAR/ACL Model Risk Governance procedures and processes in support of the LOB.
- Involved in development phase meetings for Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering.
- Liaised with institutional investors and private banks for derivatives product and service retailing.
- Implement tactical and strategic solutions to remediate data quality issues and ensure accurate trade reporting.
- Updated Data mapping documents and business requirement documents based on database changes, business rules or selection criteria.
- Provided support to the Derivatives desk such as investigations and adjustments to trades.
- Close elicitation and presentation with senior management team members and client senior executives to help understand the complexity of the requirements and designs.
- Assisted the execution of CCAR stress testing framework including gathering requirements of multiple stress scenarios and defining data elements required by stress tests.
- Creating data flow diagrams and data mapping for various processes in the project life cycle.
- Implemented functional and technical designs of reporting systems by working in conjunction with the ETL, Support, BI Reporting and Business teams to ensure alignment with current and future business and IT strategies and opportunities.
- Co-ordinated the resolution of identified data issues, tested new feeds to a data warehouse, validated existing warehouse data.
- Data flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams created for projects across various program initiatives.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Building rapport with individuals across the business enabling me to understand how the bank works from trade reporting perspective (backend to frontend reporting).
- Analyzed derivatives product and provided quality assurance related to modeling & pricing.
- Conducted interviews, sessions, workshops to gather and document business requirements (BRD) and subsequently translate them into functional requirements (FRD).
- Created various project documents (business requirements, technical specifications, mapping rules, and functional specifications). Reviewed and approved results of business and data analysis on various proprietary systems, including identification and documentation of all data in the end to end data lifecycle.
- Tracked project progress, coordinated and held meetings, reported project status to senior management.
- Gathered and documented the business requirements into detailed business requirements document.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions. Ability to identify and document critical requirements through analysis.
- Worked with the Business team in documenting the process flow for their Loan, deposit and Derivatives product booking.
- Prepared FRDs that help drive the design of the infrastructure necessary for the organization.
- Performed planning and development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenario to meet product's business requirements.
- Reviewed standardized and non-standardized collateral agreements with counterparties and current collateral management systems.
- Created data elements by financial instrument type in the defining of business requirements stage.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to discuss the feasibility, profitability, and risk of the project and assist to develop project plan using Agile Methodology.
- Gather detailed business requirements and deliver detailed business functional requirements specifications.
- Create UML diagrams such as Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and User Stories when needed.
- Created the To-be business process maps to figure out the solutions to all the teams and gain the approvals and business management team.
- Developed UML Diagrams such as Use Case and Data Flow Diagrams with development and testing teams to claim the processing methods.
- Coordinated series of workshops to gather, document, and finalize business requirements and proposed workflows.
- Documented and submitted for approval business requirements documents, functional specifications document, data mapping sheets, process and business flow diagrams, test cases.
- Tracked program progress, coordinated and held meetings, reported project status to senior management.