- Experienced Operations Analyst with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry.
- Skilled in Data Center, Disaster Recovery, Vendor Management, ITIL, and Business Process Improvement.
- Analyze issues and work through to resolution
- Understanding of enterprise IT equipment
- Act Proactively when issues are observed
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks, attention to detail
- Ability to learn new computer hardware and software
- Manage remote data center (disaster recovery site)
Operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Unisys MCP OS
Software / Languages: Visual Basic 6.0, Cobol, ASP, SQL Server, Java, Assembler, Microsoft Office
Confidential, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Programmer / Analyst
- Created / modified / Tested Cobol programs to improve the conversion process of converting files from external servicers to match the Confidential file format.
- Upgraded / enhanced VB 6.0 applications to VB.net for better performance.
Senior Computer Operations Analyst
- Decreased production system outages by creating / implementing a client/server application to monitor mainframe production system jobs and disk storage.
- Created / implemented a file transfer utility/web page to improve transfer times of programs and files between systems.
- Eliminated the need to hand sort hundreds of item processing reports by creating an application to import electronic reports into a SQL database.
- Installation of DSI’s (Dynamic Solutions International) virtual tape library system on mainframes to reduce monthly hardware costs and allow for electronic replication of data to a disaster recovery site.
- Worked with Oracle and Unisys to implement new ACSLS servers (tape library controllers) to eliminate a single point of failure.
- Participated in disaster recovery tests.
- Initiated the use of virtual machines in Operations to eliminate workstation downtime due to hardware failures.
- Maintained Mainframe security access - add institutions, usercodes, password resets, including quarterly usercode password changes on all production systems.
Computer Operations Analyst
- Administrator of the Storagetek/Sun/Oracle SL8500 robotic tape library system.
- Create client/server application to monitor production web server farms in real time to proactively prevent or reduce client outages.
- Create reports and spreadsheets on system utilization and performance to project future hardware needs (capacity planning).
Lead Computer Operator
- Lead and train a team of 12 employees in the operation of Unisys mainframe computer systems, PC's, modems, etc.
- Help desk duties, problem resolution, including PC and network issues.
- Developed / Implemented an interactive application with Visual Basic to monitor mainframe applications, interface with the online tape library system, Add point and click versatility in real time to mainframe applications.
- Developed / Implemented a search engine application for the Supervisor Log Database.
- Developed / Implemented an application to FTP balancing reports from Several dedicated computer systems, reformat and print out reports at one PC work station.