- Profound ability in analyzing, interpreting and segregating business requirements into high level and low level use cases, process flows, business process(BRD), non - functional flows using MS Visio, creating the prototype models, in both agile and waterfall environment.
- Successfully contributed to product roadmap planning, project scheduling, release management, help business and IT teams in creating relevant documentation including the business cases.
- Exceptionally good knowledge of product and system architecture.
- Experience in Capital Markets space specializing in Finance such as Trading and Derivatives (Swaps, Options) with sound knowledge of broad range of financial instruments.
- Excellent communication skills with great leadership qualities and strong background working directly with clients and cross-functional teams to identify business objectives and establish requirements.
- Well organized, result oriented individual with proven ability to implement standards, procedures and processes that improve business functionality.
Project Management Tools: MS office, Visio, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Project Server, RUP, ERP, HP Quality Center
Software /Languages: UML, SQL, PL/SQL, Web Services, Cognos, Business Objects, OOP, C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, CRM, Java, Eclipse IDE, SVN, JIRA, Java Script, HTML, XML, XSLT
Hardware/OS: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Databases: SQL Server 2008, SSRS, Oracle, Tableau and MS Access
Senior Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
- Led business requirements gathering discussions with all geo business work stream contacts to ensure the accuracy and completeness, functional design phase, the User Acceptance Testing, User testing workshops and training sessions for all business units.
- Created the business requirements document (BRD) and functional requirement document (FRD) with the detailed reporting requirements including canned and ad hoc reports.
- Supported the Trading System application, system users (front-office, middle-office and back office) and worked on resolving their issues on a daily basis.
- Involved in projects to review financial systems and the redesign of systems for SOX regulations.
- Worked on the Risk implementation project to support the revamp of the risk processes.
- Created the Daily Portfolio and Position Reports to support where the Gas and Power prices stand with the market futures.
- Created the sensitivity analysis to report the volatilities and correlation.
- Negotiated the deliverables by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Performed gap analysis to determine delta between current and proposed systems, and documented the process and the work flows.
- Created the test strategy, cases, performed UAT, debugged and executed the complex SQL queries.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Liaised with business and functional owner/users during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Created a master plan and analyzed the source data by writing the SQL queries and stored procedures in the legacy database in an effort to support the data migration.
- Created and automated the weekly reports that involved heavy SQL for the management team.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR).
- Performed reverse engineering in an application to depict the as-is system in a technical architecture document.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) using Rational Rose according to the UML methodology to define business processes by leveraging agile software development methodology.
- Supported and administered SaaS application (ASO.com).
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Involved in Project Operational Risk Management. Developed and Implemented the Process for the risk assessment.
- Lead and heavily interacted with the business users to ensure they are set up and trained to use the system with every change in the requirement implementation.
- Frequently interacted with the offshore development team and filled in the gap whenever required.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Created a traceability matrix, test cases and test scripts.
- Traced test cases, functional specifications, applied change requests, versions, and documented every risk aspect with the release notes in every iteration release.
Confidential, Newark NJ
- Worked in the System Services group to support multiple applications for The Law, Compliance and Business Ethics (LCBE) and ILI division.
- Mitigated risk factors through careful analysis of financial and statistical data. Anticipated and managed change effectively in rapidly evolving global business environments.
- Created executive-level IT presentations and reported the industry best practices
- Assumed lead responsibility in planning the projects and building the action plans.
- Developed use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups (UI prototype) and conversion requirements.
- Worked with a cross functional teams from the diversified functional entities and groups to understand and gather the requirements to reach a common goal.
- Created a design plan to remodel the legacy systems which also involved Data Modeling to suit the market needs without disturbing the current work flow.
- Conducted user acceptance testing (UAT). Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures for data manipulations.
- Prepared Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams according to the UML methodology.
- Involved in the creating reports, migration and implementation projects.
- Installed and configured the report packages on the UNIX servers.
- Responsible for analyzing issues, coordinating corrective actions, enhancements and testing activities, global distribution of the newer versions and releases with offshore development team.
- Supported staging and production deployment, documenting, training, onboarding and customer acceptance on projects.
- Exhibited expertise in preparing and managing matrices, and implementing application distribution and turnover procedures.
- Actively involved in identifying future business needs and providing new thoughts, ideas, and documenting the requirements and reviewing with business and development team.
Confidential, Hamilton NJ
Business Applications Analyst
- Introduced development and application of client needs assessment and product specification to define and mange previously neglected expectations- resulting in late project delivery.
- Involved in the initiation and implementation of web-based systems for client prototype review.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Developed use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements.
- Researched and implemented production methodologies and document systems, which introduced a cohesive web site development.
- Conducted UAT. Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures for data manipulations.
- Created bug tracking database and quality assurance systems to organize project assets, reduce time and locate assets.
- Responsible for interaction with the cross-functional teams and working with the multiple priorities.
- Supported and wrote the complete document for the Content Import project, where the contents from the database were imported to CMS.
- Involved in every release QA process and deployment.
- Define and achieve the client needs through one-on-one sessions and on-going communication.
- Played multiple roles like BA, Developer and coordinator and liaison between the customer-development-QA processes.
- Involved in the software development life cycle of TotaleReceipts™ from start to finish that include re-engineering the application that was written in VB 6 and re-writing in C# and providing enhanced features.
- Created the services to monitor the data files, archive and create indexes for the transactions.
- Devised client and server configuration settings and deployed OOP technology extensively in the project.
- Implemented serialization of the objects, abstract classes, delegates, developed generic dynamic libraries (DLL) and re-usable objects.
- Developed the teller logs by generating XML for each transaction and created the HTML reports for each teller using XSLT to transform XML to HTML.
- Designed and implemented a utility to supports different types of scanners to scan the checks and other transaction identifications, and integrated with TotaleReceipts.
- Involved in writing test plan and unit testing using N-Unit and executing different types of tests and measuring the results against the desired outcomes.
- Worked on creating client, server and scanner project packages using Install Shield using both Install Shield MSI and Install Shield Install script projects.
- Created documents in every phase of the project starting design documents to user manuals.