- An MBA professional with 8+ years of professional experience as a Business Analyst
- Professional hands - on experience in Derivatives trading and its products such as swaps, Options, forwards, futures, and Option Greeks
- Hands-on expertise & working knowledge of the major regulatory frameworks including Basel, Dodd frank that affect banking risk and regulation
- Working experience in crucial pricing models including option pricing, fixed income pricing and Risk Greeks
- Excellent conceptual and working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle, AGILE, RUP, and UML Methodologies
- Excellent technical writing skills to create Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Functional Design Documents and Use Cases Specifications
- Strong process modeling using UML (Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, etc.)
- Strong in writing SQL queries and reporting the results to the business team
- Having solid working experience in Risk management systems
- Strong Requirement Traceability Matrix mapping
- Fluent in a broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Excel, Visio, XML
- Good working experience in all the sprints of the project in SCRUM
- Skilled in performing GAP analysis and Impact Analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end-state requirements
- Strong database integration experience. Worked on analyzing data needs, identifying relational databases and coordinating the modeling.
- Excellent Team player to work in conjunction with testers (QA), developers and other team members in validation and testing of complex project scenarios and in the maintenance of Quality Standards of projects.
- Experience in assisting QA team in developing Test Scripts, Test cases and Test Plans for UAT
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decision.
Methodologies: UML, RUP, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL Server
Tools: MS Project, MS Visio, MSOffice (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook Express), HP Quality Centre
Scripting Languages: SQL, HTML, XML
Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, MS DOS, Windows 7 / XP / 2000
- Worked on implementing BBG VCON that removes manual processing for voice trades
- Did impact analysis of SEF’s package IDs and other Dodd Frank Regulations on the operational risk systems & procedures
- Worked directly with the users of the system to gather and document their business requirements and with the systems team to implement those requirements
- Planned & facilitated project status, requirements walkthrough meetings including the JAD sessions.
- Involved in the creation of project status reports as well as Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Worked on prioritization process for fixing of big-ticket problems that affected STP
- Tested Trade Cycle (Front end & Back end) for Fixed Income, Bonds, Treasuries and Credit Derivatives (IRS, OIS, Butterflies, FRAs)
- Worked on JIRA and bug management systems
- Responsible for verifying and testing Pre-Trade and Post-Trade Compliances and workflows.
- C oordinated regularly with clearing houses and SEFs to gather required information and to sort out production/UAT issues
- Assisted the QA team in validation of test scripts, test plans and test cases.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report/data validation.
Environment: STyLE (Affirmation Platform), GDS(Trade Capture System), SQL Developer, MS Office, MS Visio, HP QC, JIRA
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Implemented a very intuitive credit market data dashboard for the users that showed real time market conditions as well as allowed them to input trades at the same time
- Successfully conducted data mapping using Informatica and MS Excel by mapping reference data from the legacy system to the new system
- Analyzed the various parameters that had to be accounted such as for Market Risk (1 day VaR,10 day holding period VaR, etc) and for Credit risk (PoD, EAD, LGD, credit migration, regulatory capital, etc)
- Modeled the risks in Excel Spreadsheet and performed sensitivity analysis and shared this document with the Traders and the technical team to facilitate more efficient communication
- Conducted field mapping of FpML messages
- Was involved in GUI mapping and
- Performed hands on data analysis with SQL, fetched data from databases and also performed DB level testing
- Worked directly with the users of the system to gather and document their business requirements and with the systems team to implement those requirements using AGILE methodology
- Worked on JIRA and bug management systems
- Creating all process documents on the project like Test Plans, Test Strategy and other matrices to measure the quality of the product
- Worked on QC and coordinated with the QA team in identifying test cases/ test data and lead the business team for UAT
Environment: Calypso, SQL Developer, MS Office, MS Visio, XML, HP QC, JIRA, Informatica
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Worked on making a web-based GUI for the middle office users that allowed them to receive trades from CCP, accept/ reject consent from CCP and later affirm trades to validate them in TCS
- Analyzed and documented the business requirements, meeting minutes, responses to questionnaires and got approval of the documents from the client in the form of sign off
- Conducted the JAD sessions with the users to collect the information about true data sources, the data feed, the format for input data file and built a traceability matrix for the same.
- Contributed in project management for Risk based systems for various Fixed Income and Credit Derivative products
- Assisted the DBA’s in resolving any issues with Data Mapping and Data Modeling.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Extensive data analysis by use of SQL queries and MS Office tools to generate reports & communicating them to the business users
- Worked on reconciliation reports and performed data mapping
- Performed user acceptance testing (UAT) to validate user requirements and expectation.
- Coordinated for an implementation of QA strategy for overall project
Environment: OTC HuB, MS Office, SQL Developer, MS Visio, HP QC, XML, JIRA
Confidential, New York, NY
- Prepared various Reconciliation reports and performed hands on data analysis
- Identified and analyzed issues and risks, and recommended solutions to minimize impacts by risk tracking
- Understanding of FICC's (Fixed Income Clearing Corporation) settlement guarantee and risk management protections that provide maximum safety for the general collateral REPO market place which eliminates intra-day counterparty credit risk.
- Interacted with project stakeholders to elicit and document project requirements by translating business needs into testable, developer-ready requirements
- Produced professional quality artifacts including data models, traceability matrices, use cases, issue logs and other documents as needed
- Prepared Process Flow Diagram using Visio
- Helped the developing team with understanding requirements and bug fixes
- Worked with the QA team to make sure that all the requirements are covered and reviewed their bugs once reported in QC to confirm the functionalities of the bug
- Coordinated with the developing team for releases with bug fixes.
Environment: HS-FiXIT, MS Office, MS Visio, Sybase, HP QC, JIRA
- Made a comprehensive Functional Specification on implementing LCOR in the company
- Worked with system stakeholders to elicit their needs and identified system features required to support those needs
- Ensured that system requirements are described and modeled using appropriate techniques, i.e. business process modeling, use case modeling
- Worked on system scope definition and management via the maintenance of a prioritized product backlog
- Documented existing and new processes and workflows, performed data mapping as needed
- Monitored the progress of implementation schedules
- Supported the QA team with respect to regression testing, developing test cases and test scripts
Environment: LCOR, MS Office, MS Visio, SQL, JIRA
Junior Business Analyst
- Identified scope of requirement analysis and worked with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements
- Developed and utilized standard templates to accurately write requirement specifications
- Created process models and charts to provide direction to the developing team
- Provided guidance and / or instruction to junior staff members
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio
- Executed Offline trading for clients and advised them about attractive stock picks
- Responsible for Client Servicing viz. Margin Maintenance & back office transactions
- Made a sector specific report on the Sugar Industry which was submitted to a renowned Mutual Fund
Environment: BOLT (Trading System), MS Office