- Involved in Analysis, Design, Development and implementation of Business Intelligence and Maintaining Applications using MicroStrategy.
- Provided complex Reports in MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web using Templates, Filters, Prompts, Consolidations and Custom Groups.
- Involved in creating Custom Documents in MicroStrategy reports to combine the Data sets of multiple reports and also created custom Dashboards using Report Services.
- Organizing and Managing the MicroStrategy objects to eliminate the redundancy.
- Provided training to the end users and educate them on the BI tools.
- Tuned the reports at the database level and the MicroStrategy level.
- Expert in business process engineering and software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications.
- Creating Schema Objects, Public Objects, and other objects in MicroStrategy.
- Proficient in creating reports and dashboards with MicroStrategy, OBIEE, and Qlik
- Interviewing the Client to obtain business requirement, communicating requirement back to IT team to develop Reports, Software or tools as needed.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills; expert in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to negotiate with consultants / subcontractor in other to remain within budget and achieve the SOW outlined on the deliverables
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Solomon, Deltek, Cost - Point, Microsoft Project, SQL, MicroStrategy 9 &10, Qlik Sense, Microsoft Visio, and working with Splunk 6.0 also, proficient in working with large Databases in Oracle and writing SQL Queries
- Organizing and Managing the creation of tracking systems and Dashboards to reflect performance and deliverables of tasks. Proficient with Jira and Remedy as ticket tracking software.
- Participates in the development of the department’s strategic plans, training materials and tools. Effectively trains and mentors staff on departmental tools and systems.
- Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
Databases: Oracle, Netezza, MS Access
GUI/Tools: MicroStrategy 10, Qlik Sense, Splunk 6.0, MS Project, Visio, Oracle SQL, Share Point, Solomon, Deltek, CostPoint, Aginity workbench for Netezza, ERStudio Data architect 9.1, IDM - Sail Point, Jira and Remedy
Industry Stds: ISO 9000, PMP Standard Process, GAAP, SOX
Platforms: Windows NT/XP/7, Linux
Confidential, Reston VA
MicroStrategy Developer / BA
- Created three canned reports for the Appeals and Grievance module. This includes understanding the logic for each report and creating the metrics, prompts, filters and attributes.
- Constantly gathering requirement from clients to modify BRDs to make it easier for developers to create reports.
- Troubleshooting issues for clients and testers, assisting with production support tasks. Creating Ad Hoc Reports for Clients if the report is complex. Training clients on how to create their own Ad Hoc reports.
- Building Dashboards that are used for Demos, using Visual Insight to do data analysis for clients.
- Training end users and clients on how to use MSTR web for data analytics, using and creating dashboards using Visual Insight.
- Creating training materials and organizing training for clients via WebEx and face to face. Training material include manuals, reference guides and PPT slides.
- Going to client sites to gather requirements of various needs, advising and training clients on the best reporting practice to suite their reporting needs.
- Redesigned the Schema to a true Star Schema to enable faster development time for report building. Creating mapping documents and other architectural documents to facilitate data modeling.
Environment: MSTR 10.4 and MS SQL Server (Agile methodology)
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
- Building reports from FRDs and BRDs documents. Working with the Business Analysis to understand the mapping documents, mock ups and business requirements while building the reports.
- Using Documents style in MicroStrategy to creates certain reports
- Using Visual Insight / Dashboard to create different visualizations for reports as needed by the business.
- Unit testing, fixing defects from the QA team.
Environment: MSTR 10.4 and Oracle 11g
Confidential, Arlington VA
Business Intelligence - Business Analyst
- Weekly status update sessions with Client, updating and debriefing task status.
- Gathering requirements from client or end users, proposing better processes or methods to achieve a more effective result.
- Responsible for all aspect of the training and development on the contract.
- Creating training materials, conducting a "Train-the-trainer" session for the Help Desk team.
- Coordinating migration processes handled by the operation team, from the Development Environment to the Push to Production environment.
- Creation of different Test Plan for various task, including Single-Sign-On (SSO) implementation on all the users in the organization.
- Responsible for testing and validating data migrated from legacy servers and systems to new systems.
- Carrying out smoke testing on the Business Intelligent environments after any major maintenance exercise.
- Working with the ETL team to identify data error on reports (MSTR & OBIEE) by locating the source table affected from the previous load.
- Working with the MicroStrategy developers to create schema object and creating Ad Hoc reports per user's requirement.
- Creating MicroStrategy dashboards and overseeing the modification existing dashboards to meet User requirement.
- Back stopping and supporting the OBIEE Admin during the migration process from the development environment to testing environment.
- Supporting Project Manager on different PM tasks.
- Involved in the implementation of SSO function by supporting the Identity Management team. Gathered requirements from SME, tested the IDM software before implementation company wide.
Environment: OBIEE, SSAS, Microstrategy 9.8, Linux (Scrum)
Software Engineer - BI
- Involved in a three months transition period, from outgoing contractors the incoming Confidential team.
- Coordinating Knowledge Transfer meetings with client's Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Obtaining information from the SME for creating documentations on all the MicroStrategy team responsibilities and procedures.
- Successfully transferred into a steady phase with the client.
- Resolving tickets related to any report being used by the customer.
- Trouble shooting any data error on reports.
- Working closely with the ETL team to resolve data issues affecting any reports.
- Communicating with the clients to understand whatever issues they are facing and providing necessary support.
- Monitoring the servers and daily loads from ETL, communicating with customer if there is any delay in the daily loads.
- Creation and adjustments of Dashboards
- Meeting with client to make sure we understand the requirement and the business rules involved in their request before we begin to create new objects.
- Creation of new attributes, filters, custom groups or consolidation
- Creating Ad Hoc reports per customers requirement.
- Meeting with stake holders to collect business requirement and functional requirements, and working with the developers to achieve the expected deliverable.
- Assisted in the Data Quality Reporting initiatives to ensure data integrity from all data sources.
- Review data model design and ensure industry best practices for Dimensional Modeling and MicroStrategy are adhered.
- Bridging communication and understanding gaps between business users and the technical development team.
- Creating new users for client requesting to have access to BI environment.
- Granting access and privileges to new users in Production and Development environments
- Migration of objects from Development to Production using object manager
- Metadata and Unicode testing, before and after migrations and upgrades.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.4/9.3.1, IBM- Netezza.
BI - Developer & Business Analyst
- Created Design documents as per user requirements.
- Analyze the technical requirements of the new application.
- Analyze the business requirements from both users and organizations perspectives
- Performed application testing before deployment.
- Managed the project applying the disciplines of professional project management processes.
- Involved in gathering business requirements and documenting specifications.
- Creating workflow diagram using Visio to represent the business requirements and various phases the task was made of.
- Worked extensively with the developer to create Application Objects like Measures and Compound metrics, Dynamic Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.3.1
Manager Finance and Administration
- Development and maintenance of the finance group tracking and monitoring system which includes an Accounts Payable department's Log and Dashboard. The Dashboard provides various reports of team’s activity showing a progression of individual group activity and monitoring the results produced by the department.
- Work with the Finance Analyst to develop reports for the CFO.
- Provides explanations and clarifications of policies and procedures to project management units as related to financial activities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves errors in reports, statements, invoices and other materials to ensure compliance with all necessary USAID regulations.
- Prepares training modules on departmental and/or company policies and present the training to staff within and outside the department.
- Formally document departmental policies and procedures, and update as necessary.
- Approaches problem solving collectively with senior staff and internal and external clients to achieve a mutually beneficial result. Participating in the creating of Dashboards for monitoring and evaluation of divisional result to track performance of different projects and departments in the F&A division.
- Liaises regularly with new business staff to understand and better respond to clients’ needs for a proposal.
- Manages relationships with subcontractors, potential partners, and consultants that serve to enhance Chemonics’ reputation on an anticipated project.
- Participates in new business activities, including proposal teams as an expert recruiter for Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA). Fully trained to participate in a G-trip to gather information for an anticipated RFP.
- Creating STTA matrix and subcontractor matrix for proposals