- Business Analyst with around 5 years of cross - platform experience in Healthcare, Retail, Insurance and E-commerce domains interacting and addressing business issues. Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills with a professional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and an ability to produce top-quality results in deadline driven environments.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) namely Requirements gathering, System Analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance with software development models like Prototype model, Agile and Waterfall model.
- Rich experience in gathering User requirements and converting them into Functional Specification document.
- Worked actively in various phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by implementing methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and sprint) and SDM methodology.
- Worked on a Dynamic CRM platform for Customer service and support, focused marketing efforts, automated analytics, reporting and better coordination and cooperation.
- Worked closely with various Project Stakeholders, SMEs, and staff to understand and document Business requirements, Functional requirements and design specifications for new application along with enhancements to existing applications.
- Experience in Customer / Client interaction, ability to understand business systems functionality and technicality, ability to elicit requirements by developing Storyboards, Wireframes and Screen Mockups.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions, project meetings, and reviews and walk through.
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio, I Rise and Enterprise Architect, Star UML.
- Performed GAP Analysis between As Is and To Be workflow models.
- Assisted in creating achievable project scope by facilitating communication between business and technology team.
- Extensively worked as part of the QA Team in executing the Test Plans for UAT, providing Test Data, creating Test Cases, analyzing, reporting and tracking bugs with JIRA.
FrontEnd Tools: MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS Visio, I Rise
Methodologies: SDLC, Scrum, Waterfall, Agile
Testing tools: HP Quality Center
Requirements Analysis Skills: Business Requirements, GAP AnalysisUse Case Modeling & Analysis, Use Cases
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Bugzilla.
Languages: Java/J2EE, VB.Net, ASP.Net, C#
Databases: SQL Server, PL/SQL, DB2, and Oracle9i/10g
Operating System: Microsoft Windows2000/XP/Vista/Windows7
Business System Analyst
- Gathering functional requirements by studying business functions; interviewing stakeholders; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Define and document business, user, and functional requirements using appropriate documentation techniques to describe statements of the goals, objectives, or needs of a particular stakeholder or group of stakeholders.
- Prepare design, and assist in the execution of the UAT test plans and cases (of low to medium complexity) based on documented requirements.
- Work with core team members (usability consultants, web designers, developers) to design and implement new features for specific or multiple portals. Experience building working relationships across departments.
- Familiarity with business process design and aid the high-level business process design efforts with assistance of the stakeholders and end users.
- Work with subject matter experts, vendors, business units and other members of IT to facilitate the timely completion and accuracy of requirements documents.
- Strong experience with healthcare requirements and documentation and guidelines.
- Involved in GAP analysis around the identification of design rules and System Process Flows.
- Gather, analyze, and author requirements following a use case driven approach to include use case diagrams and detailed use cases.
- Work with development team to define the functional solution and identify significant use cases.
- Designed and developed Use cases, Activity Diagrams, Data Entry flow and wireframes for using Visio.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project.
- Managed the workflow process using SDLC methodology and Iterations.
- Documenting the objectives, constraints and scope of the system.
- Used the Office Suite extensively which included MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio for various documentation and analysis reports.
Environment: UML, Waterfall, Oracle, PL/SQL, Visio2010, Visual Basic, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Windows NT and UNIX.
- Team up with Business and Product Owners to identify project vision and recommend solutions
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to gather requirements on specific systems and processes
- Experience working with the retailers and stakeholders to gather information for the product and enhancements for the web application.
- Worked for with the Inventory control team for the new upgrades and support.
- Experience with modeling tools especially Visio, use cases, process flows, UML and UI experience/designing like wire framing.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors and other stakeholders for open, pending and critical issues. Sessions focusing on IT strategies.
- Developing Use Cases, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams.
- Worked on Reporting and Ticketing tools for reducing the paper work and automating the process.
- Designed SQL queries for Backend Testing and Report Generation accordingly based on the specifications.
- Prepared Test Reports and submitted the Bug Findings to the Bug Tracking system using Quality Center and its modules (Requirements, Test Plan, Test lab and Defects).
- Performed manual testing and UAT using HP - ALM.
Environment: ASP,.Net, SQL Server, QTP, QC, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Office, Gap Analysis, Oracle 10g, Agile Methodology, Enterprise Architect.
- Gathered user requirements and directed developers for practical deliverables, conducting user interviews, and created the business requirement document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, and Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Worked with the full SDLC with Agile, Scrum and RUP methodologies and Content management system.
- Experience in developing detailed business needs analysis and conducting Fit Gap analysis.
- Experience in CRM system customization, implementations, upgrades, maintenance and support.
- Work under Agile methodology attended daily backlog grooming sessions and scrum calls.
- Participate in Daily Agile Scrum "Stand-up", Biweekly Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on status of upcoming User Stories.
- Worked with the software architects / developers to ensure that the applications conform to customer requirements.
- Experience prioritizing and escalating business systems issues including preparing related reports and documentation and monitoring progress against project plans.
- Documented monthly status reports for enhancement and modification requests for the development team to assist them in efficient tracking and monitoring of open issues of the project
- Coordinated activities between business unit and technical staff, developing new methods, policies, and procedures to meet the business needs.
- Conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Tracked UAT issues/bugs and prepared reports.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, CMS, MS SharePoint, HTML, Agile methods, Oracle 10g, UNIX, SQL, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS-Word, MS Access, MS Visio 2013, Enterprise Architect, MS Project, Agile Methodology.
Business System Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the users, Designers and Developers, Project managers and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions between management and technical team in the decision making of the Reporting tool.
- Performed Stakeholder Analysis to identify the key players for project success.
- Performed Gap Analysis between existing process and the proposed new process.
- Identified the key reporting requirements by talking to business and technical team across the world.
- Utilize records management systems and retention schedule to index and maintain records.
- Involved in the design and development of the complete system by gathering system requirements.
- Captured Business Use cases and Functional Use cases after interacting with various SMEs and Business Users.
- Created Process Work flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Identified Use Cases from the requirements, created UML Diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams.
- Performed regression testing and tested security of applications and documented test results.
- Involved in Testing Phase of SDLC. Prepared Test Plans, Test Case Documents, Test Output Documents.
Environment: HTML, Windows 2007, XP, MS Excel, Rational Requisite Pro, Microsoft Visio, MS Project 2007, Visual Studio 2008, .Net.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with the Team to get a better understanding of business processes and gather business requirements.
- Created business process workflow diagrams (Activity diagrams) in Visio.
- Linked business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Created Use-Cases and Use-Case Models after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Created test plan and test cases for user acceptance testing.
- Facilitated JAD sessions, Conducted informal Sessions to develop solutions that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate Policies and guidelines.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy and consider deadlines.
- Monitored client expectations and conducted user interviews.
Environment: HP Quality Center, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS-Word, MS Access, MS Visio 2013, Enterprise Architect, MS Project, HTML and IRise.
Confidential, Long Island city, NY
- Obtaining and define requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Serving as the primary client contact in the Discovery and Definition phases of projects.
- Creating thorough and complete requirements documents including business and functional specifications. Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with project team and external clients to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the Functional requirements.
- Working with development team to ensure requirements are being met.
- Generated measurable system to track down changes, utilization, cost by generating charts, graphs and reports using various tools like SharePoint, Informatica based on requirements
- Defining and manage to scope of a project during requirements gathering phase. Assess project risks and prioritize to them when defining project.
- Coordinated with the team in ETL, data cleansing and reports requirements by using Informatica. Created report layouts, data mapping and interface generation from where reporting can be performed efficiently.
- Recognize and effectively communicate risks to project timelines and quality.
- Proactively work with Project Manager, Creative, User Experience, Development and Quality Assurance Analyst to define project requirements and estimate effort to deliver. Participate in resource planning & scheduling for the team.
Environment: iRise Manager, MS Visio, Concept Draw, Informatica, Magic Draw, SnagIt, Crystal Reports, Rational Clear Quest and ALM to support on-going requirements, MS Project Professional, Clear case, Excel.
- Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing from account managers.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME (Subject Matter Expertise), vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Assigned problems to appropriate software development team for fixes.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Word, Waterfall, J2EE Technology, HP Quality Center, Oracle 10g, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS SharePoint.