- Over 20 years of experience in IT
- Experience in Business Requirements
- Over 15 years as Business Analyst
- Expertise in Data Mgmt/BI/Reporting & QA
Programming Languages: SQL, VB, HTML, Perl
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, XP, NT, 2000 and UNIX
Software Packages (MS): Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Scheduler, Outlook, Office
Software Tools: Hyperion/Brio, QTP, IBM Rational Clear Quest & Clear Case
Methods: Six Sigma, ISO 9000
- Work with Management, Development and Sales Reps to define the company’s data to be captured
- Create/Maintain databases, Data Owner of all company databases
- Design/Generate requested company reports from gathered requirements
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly Sales & as - requested reports
- Provide testing of website updates and web application updates
- Includes participation in creation of requirements, writing of test plans/scripts/cases, logging of defects
- Web App Testing; covers the following areas:
- Standardization Testing
- Validation Testing
- Functionality Testing
- GUI Testing
- Strong relationships w/ customers
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Consistently met tight deadlines on multiple / continuous releases from 3rd-party provider.
- Worked directly with 3rd Party Manager with any issues, new releases.
- Designed a detailed, Excel format to record / define defects.
- Reviewed and verified accuracy of SQL code written by development team.
- Responsible for weekly 25 report package creation from Oracle Discoverer queries; reformatted via Excel into department specific reports. Contents required for weekly Director meeting.
- Initiated a Process Improvement to automate formatting of weekly report package via VBA Macros.
- Created ad-hoc queries with SQL, business analysis / models using BI.
- Analyzed product demand. Created / executed tactical pricing initiatives
- Produced Quarterly Government Passenger/Location Sales data.
Data Analyst iDEN System Test Group
- Personally established SW application Database, held Ownership.
- Autonomous Department expert in Hyperion/Brio Reporting tool.
- Composed custom reporting for top Corporate and Dept. Managers.
- Performed custom database searches using SQL functions
- Discovered/Analyzed database inaccuracies using SQL.
- Designed software application improvements.
- Resulted in elimination of data-entry errors for entire pool of corporate users.
- Created Macros with VBA to automate formatting of report output.
- Resulted in significant time savings and universal outputs.
- Authored Power Point Training presentations for Lead and Test Engineer levels.
- Facilitated local classroom and overseas NetMeeting classes.