An accomplished results - driven multi-talented IT professional with over twenty five years of progressive responsibility with Product Management, eCommerce, Big Data and Business Intelligence experience in the food and beverage, retail, manufacturing and healthcare industries. Notably skilled to tame chaos as demonstrated by the ability to determine issues and implement solutions through a broad hybrid tool set. Valued team member due to extensive business knowledge, strong insights and passion for technology and data driven solutions. Skilled communicator with ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical audiences to ensure properly aligned business objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Product Management eComm SQL SSIS BI Business Analysis Alertyx Agile Data Analysis ETL Data Modeling Excel Visualizations Liaison Coach
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Program Manager/Data Business Analyst/Regional Coach
- Act as the single point of contact and liaison between the markets global operations eliciting and documenting requirements, consulting and coordinating resources and updating stakeholders. I learn the critical details and attributes important to a market, collaborate to design a solution including workflow and configurations then help them through implementation to BAU.
- Coach, consult, and teach the markets about the PCE solution including Informatica PIM360, Salsify, Agile, JIRA, and Wiki pages.
- Create and setup products, assets, channels, and catalogs in Salsify for markets to distribute rich product info and assets to syndicators and retailers.
- Perform GAP analysis, research and then design solutions to meet unique market needs.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Data Product Manager
- As the Product Owner for Paper Roll Stock brought key components of the organization together to solve business problems advising the business of risks and opportunities.
- Acting as a liaison through my ability to communicate with technical and non-technical resources I was able to discover the ins and outs of the business learning of critical pain points and nuances, then document and develop solutions with IT Engineering.
- Using an Agile Scrum framework managed our project.
- This included creating milestones, capabilities, epics, and user stories for our team in MS Azure/DevOp as well as grooming the backlog and creating sprints.
- Defined and documented business requirements in accordance with our Data Governance guidelines including Data Standards, Business Requirements, Data Validation Test Plans, Data Flow Diagrams, and PowerPoint presentations to present concepts.
- Established Minimum Viable Product and created a Roadmap for eCommerce product offerings.
- Analyzed and prioritized initiatives with the best ROI to the business as well as features that could return benefits quickly to maximize value.
- Set team goals, delegated work to teammates and maintained our project on schedule.
- Modeled, ingested, analyzed, manipulated and validated complex data sets from multiple sources including Excel, text files and Hive (AWS) using Alteryx.
- Collaborated with the Data Engineering team on their deliverables and assisted with creation of APIs and JSONs.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Manager of Cost Accounting
- Acted as the Product Owner during the development of a new Cost Accounting tool while managing a team of developers and Financial Data Analysts.
- The team and the new tool calculate and assign costs to every one of the 70k plus different procedure charge codes for services performed at our facilities.
- These critical cost calculations are used for profitability analysis, forecasting, establishing pricing, phys ician performance benchmarking, and negotiations with insurance providers.
- Owned the development, implementation, and maintenance of a new Cost Accounting tool. The new tool performs quarterly costing more accurately while shortening run time from 3 FTE 6-8 weeks down to 1 FTE 3 weeks.
- Partnered with key Finance and Business stakeholders to understand, define and document critical requirements and develop solutions to improve the cost accounting process.
- Created a roadmap for the new Cost Accounting tool, established what core features would define our MVP, developed a roadmap prioritizing future enhancements and documented testing standards.
- Identified and obtained new data sources and methodologies to improve accuracy of the costing data. Rather than relying on RVUs and the GL we now use actual costs for many purchased services greatly improving the accuracy of our cost calculations.
- Teamed with end users of the cost data and Service Line Leaders to develop more relevant data validations by Service Line reducing errors and improving the cost data.
- Improved quarterly team deliverables through mentoring in SQL and Excel, process improvement, better resource management and implementation of project plans.
- Fostered growth on the team through mentoring ultimately achieving employee promotions from our team, the first in 5 years.
- Volunteered and assisted with the March of Dimes fundraiser and other opportunities throughout my tenure.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Client Implementation/Engagement Manager
- Oversaw the installation and configuration of our cloud based product, Oversight Insights on Demand, for customer prospects and new customer implementations utilizing Oracle/Python/JAVA/LINUX/BASH.
- This included creating custom implementations and GoodData dashboards/visualizations while ensuring customer success, continual development and improvement of the Oversight best practices knowledge base while supporting our customers and partners in pursuit of driving value.
- Owned the product for key clients and was responsible for communications, data acquisition, elicitation of requirements, as well as the coordination of resources, execution, and delivery of the product from sales presentation to implementation.
- Following the successful trial and implementation of our largest new client of 2015 (a Fortune 100 company) led the effort to add level 3 data from VCF4.4 to the client’s data analytics. This required coordination of our client and 2 banks spread across 3 continents and many different nationalities languages and time zones. The end result was a successful project and a happy client that increased their accuracy and finding of exceptions by 25%.
- Worked closely with our SVP of Sales on trial implementations. Implemented a new methodology and delivery method to sales for trial info. Was the go to guy to pick sample exceptions for sales presentations for key demos, was an expert at telling a story from the data.
- Developed and presented a Healthcare business proposal which was well received by the Executive committee. The proposal is currently being used as a blueprint while Oversight and a partner execute a Proof of Concept.
- Teamed with our Solution Engineers to successfully implement our first FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) solution in Insights on Demand.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Responsible for oversight of all Data Analysis, Data Modeling, and Data Integration/Migration operations for key client Enterprise Data.
- Analyzing the data and telling the story of the data, communicating with Subject Matter Experts (SME), conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, creating ER diagrams, flowcharting processes, and gaining a deep understanding of our client’s data for future consultative roles.
- Teamed with the Program Manager and Project Manager for the planning and execution of one time system migration for Merck Pharmaceuticals mission critical Licensing Knowledge Repository from Peoplesoft to Microsoft Dynamics CRM in SQL and SSIS.
- As lead Data Analyst analyzed, modeled and delivered an SSIS based solution for AGC Glass North America as part of their migration from JDE to INFOR XA (MAPICS). The solution performed a one time data migration followed by a daily update in order to keep the systems running in parallel.
- Designed and implemented a full set of IT controls to ensure accuracy of several data migration and Master Data Management engagements. Enhanced processes and procedures surrounding project work to ensure all process and procedures were properly documented in accordance with established client controls.
- Key player providing valuable input in the transition from long standing waterfall based project methodology to agile methodology over a three month period. Adoption of the agile methodology utilizing JIRA enabled our project that was behind schedule and over budget to get back on schedule and track closer to our initial budget.
- Spearheaded the creation of standard documents for the Delivery Services Team including Business Requirement Documents, Solutions Design Documents, and Data Mappings.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Business Information Analyst/Team Lead
- Promoted to lead a diverse team responsible for supporting all data needs of our doctors and nurses in our efforts as Health & Human Services/Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services RAC program as well as several individual State Medicaid and Private Payer Insurance companies.
- Direct responsibilities included Data Analysis, SQL coding, troubleshooting, fine tuning of queries, Quality Control, Business Analysis, development and execution of mentoring/training program.
- Reported to the VP of Healthcare.
- As an advocate for process improvement spearheaded reengineering of Data Architecture and Data Processing workflows in SQL and Pervasi ve Data Junction from “ sledgehammer ” approach to “surgical” approach reducing program run times from days to minutes. These savings allowed our team to deliver accurate data more timely leading to improved revenue flow.
- Teamed with CIO, VPs, and other Team Leads to mitigate risks identified following my team’s audit which uncovered deficiencies in the Data Warehouse and the processes which loaded new data. These changes reduced our error rate by 85% improving our standing with clients and leading to better recoveries and revenue.
- Led initiative to develop an in-house software solution for our Healthcare team’s claim selection. Our solution came in on time and under budget, it allowed non-technical nurse auditors to quickly identify audit claims for Medical Record Requests leading to better claim selection, faster auditing, and increased revenue.
- Oversaw and participated in the creation and maintenance of all the reporting programs related to Healthcare including identification of outliers by various traits including Length of Stay, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS, and DRGs.
- Designed and developed automated processes to manage and apply complex rule sets to determine final net billings of patient records and healthcare data quality end to end through PRGX Healthcare from client data in to the data warehouse and ultimately for claim submission to CMS.