- Highly motivated Senior Business System Analyst professional with 8+ years of experience in Capital Market, Wealth Management Asset Management, LOS (Loan Origination System) Automation and Financial Services industry with excellent understanding of financial products like Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives (Swaps, Options and Futures), Mutual Funds, ETFs, FOREX and Risk analysis of Investments using Monte Carlo simulation and Option Greeks.
- Exposure to regulations & compliance such as FINRA, ERISA, IRS, SEC, GAAP, FINMA, Investment Advisers Act, The Investment Company Act, Securities Investor Protection Act.
- In depth knowledge of Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Scrum, Waterfall - Scrum hybrid, ScrumBan, Kanban, and Spiral.
- In depth knowledge of Requirement Management, Change Management, Defect Management, Release Management and Risk Management using JIRA and HP ALM as project management tools.
- Proficient in networking with individuals at various levels and facilitate Requirements Elicitation sessions like survey/questionnaires, Interviews, Brainstorming, Focus group, Requirement workshops, Interface analysis, Document analysis and JAD.
- Conducted detailed project analyses of Business Processes by GAP analysis (AS-IS & TO-BE), Risk analysis, Impact assessment, Cause and effect analysis (Root cause analysis), Effort estimation, Cost-Benefit analysis, SWOT analysis & Feasibility Analysis.
- Proficiency in documenting artifacts by gathering requirements such as Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Use Case Document (USD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Change Request Document, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Risk Register and Project Charter
- Experience in creating Wireframes and Mockups using MS Visio and Balsamiq to visualize Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Well acquainted with Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Detailed working knowledge of SCRUM and its Ceremonies like Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings.
- Experienced in writing User Stories, defining Acceptance Criteria, writing Definition of Done (DOD) and Definition of Ready (DOR).
- Efficient in performing Vertical and Horizontal slicing of User stories and participated in estimating using Planning Poker, T shirt sizing, Relative Mass Evaluation, Bucket sizing and Affinity Mapping and Assisted Product owner in Prioritizing User stories in Product Backlog artifact using Prioritization Techniques like Moscow, Kano, Forced Ranking and User Story Mapping.
- Extensive working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) using Jenkins and excellent understanding of development techniques like TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and ATDD (Acceptance Criteria Test Driven Development) and developing Featured Files (Gherkins format) using Cucumber.
- Significant experience of working on Application Programming Interface (API) Documentation using Swagger and API Testing using POSTMAN and SOAP UI to test the request and responses of APIs in JSON and XML format.
- Performed Analysis to Identify the Sources, the Targets and wrote the Transformation Rules for the process of Data Migration.
- Involved in Conceptual, Logical models and created ER diagrams (Entity-Relationship diagrams) for data modeling phase.
- Experience in implementation of Dimensional data modeling with Star & Snowflake schema, Facts, Fact tables and Dimensions.
- Proficient in creation of Data Dictionary, Data Glossary and Data Mapping Specification document and Data Mapping Document.
- Worked on Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Data Warehouses, Data marts, Operational Data store (ODS).
- Extensive knowledge of Extraction of data from source systems, Transformation of data sources into an integrated system (Transformation includes Sorter, Filter, Source Analyzer, Aggregator, Joiner, Lookup, Stored Procedures, Source Qualifier, Expression and Router) and Load the data into the target database or data warehouse using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Extensive implementation and knowledge of OLAP (MOLAP, ROLAP and HOLAP) operations such as Slice & Dice, Rollup, Drill Down, Pivot and Data Warehouse design using methodologies like Kimball architecture and Inmon’s Corporate Information Factory.
- Experienced using SQL queries for Data Analysis, retrieval, validation, modification, creation of Data Manipulation Language (DML), Data Definition Language (DDL) & Data Control Language (DCL), using, Joins, Unions, order by, aggregation and stored procedures to extract the data from multiple sources and worked on various database like Oracle, SQL Server and MYSQL Workbench.
- Experienced in Black Box, Manual, Unit, System, System integration (SIT), Performance, Load, Stress, Regression, Automated, GUI, Functional, Non-Functional, User Acceptance UAT, Smoke and Sanity Testing of applications with knowledge on STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) by creating Test plan, Test Scripts, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test reports and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Excellent in creating reports using Tableau MS Power BI and creating heat maps for Business Intelligence.
- Used HP QC to test the system and report defects/bugs/Errors and Experienced in Bug tracking and following up for successful maintenance & delivery of service tickets using JIRA
Business Skills: Change Management, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, ROI Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT analysis
Project Management Tools: MS SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA
Waterfall, Waterfallscrum hybrid, Agile: Scrum
MS Office, JIRA, HP ALM, HP: QC
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Lucid Chart, Balsamiq
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Multidimensional Analysis, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up
MYSQL, Microsoft SQL T: SQL, PL/SQL
Defect Tracking/Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, Load Runner, Selenium, POSTMAN, Soap UI, Cucumber, Swagger.
Reporting/BI: Tableau, MS Power BI
Confidential, NYC, New York
Senior Business System Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between business stakeholders (Relationship manager, Portfolio Manager etc) and business support team (developers, architect etc).
- Performed As-is analysis and to-be analysis to know the system requirement.
- Performed document analysis.
- Conducted various semi structured interviews with various teams such as legal, compliance, customer acquisition, customer relationship, traders, analysts, and some third party also like Bloomberg and Markit.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to have an alignment between business and technical team on requirements.
- Documented the requirements using BRD and validated with stakeholders.
- Translated Business Requirements into User stories with acceptance criteria for development sprint.
- Participated in scrum ceremonies and meetings such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Assisted product owner in prioritizing the user stories and writing acceptance criteria and definition of done.
- Created wireframes and mock ups using Balsamiq to showcase to the stack holders.
- Interacted with compliance, legal and change management team to make sure application is satisfying all the regulations.
- Assisted in identifying source table, target table and mapped the data.
- Created the data mapping document and used SSIS tool during ETL process
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagram using MS Visio and developed a better understanding of Business Processes involved.
- Performed various SQL queries such as DML and DDL commands to pull out necessary data from data sources and supervised the mapping of data from source to target in Informatica Power Center.
- Documented requests and responses of APIs using Swagger and tested APIs integration using Postman.
- Helped QA team to create test cases and keeping log of all the bugs and assigning the bugs to the developer team.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test and assisted testing team in integration and system testing.
- Clarified concerns, once the product went into production environment and continuously interacted with users for further enhancement.
Environment: - ASP.NET 4.6, Visual studio 2017, SQL server 2017, SSIS package version 8, C#, HTML, CSS, Java script, Rest webapi, Scrum
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
Senior Business System Analyst
- Engaged with stakeholders to get data level requirements to create the required target transformations for analysis using various requirement elicitation techniques such as JAD, interviews and Focus groups
- Major tasks included architecting end to end solution for sourcing customer data from sources using Informatica Power center and to feed the cleansed, consolidated and integrated Customer data to Data warehouse
- Performed document analysis to know the architecture of the existing data warehouse system and identified the gaps
- Created the data mapping specification document to map the sources to corresponding targets and set transformation rule
- Collaborated with data engineers and operational team to implement ETL process, wrote and transformation SQL queries on Informatica to perform custom operation to fit migration requirements across different platforms
- Created domains for object locking and access and mapped workflows between source, destination and transformations
- Managed sessions in the informatica workflow manager to move data from source to staging area in a sequence
- Set up connection between Informatica cloud and S3 bucket configuring folder destination and access keys for data encryption in order to establish a gateway for data to be migrated from legacy database to cloud platform
- Monitored write files such as cache, source and target files from power center services to amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Defined the Landing Tables, Staging Tables and configured the base objects, foreign-key relationships, custom Cleans Functions, match and merge settings, lookups & queries according to the business logic and requirements
- Assisted in documenting the migration testing activities for reconciliation checks, schema validation, null validation, ad-hoc testing, non-functional testing including security validation, performance and benchmark testing.
- Involved in Batch job error debug and handling, Batch jobs design, Batch Group design, schema exports- imports using metadata manager and conducting data team workshops helped in documentation & reporting
- Worked closely with reporting team to ensure correct data is presented in the generated reports using tableau
Environment: Scrum, SQL, Oracle Db, Informatica Power center, Amazon VPC, Amazon RDS, S3, Visio, Tableau
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Business System Analyst
- Interacted with Subject matter experts to understand the features related to different loan terms such as 3/1, 5/1 ARM, Fixed and Hybrid Rate Mortgage, Purchase, Refinance, Reverse Mortgage and Home-Equity Loan Structures to make the process more streamline and faster.
- Gathered requirement by Facilitating JAD sessions, Interviews with Tech Leads, Product Owner for automating Loan Origination, Underwriting through Closing, monitoring Risk-Based Pricing program to ensure compliance of lending regulation.
- Communicated changes and updates to the stakeholders regarding Loan Procedure Manual with Underwriting, Consumer Lending and Compliance.
- Assisted with the review and administration of the lending criteria, matrices and review rules in the LOS decision engine.
- Performed AS-IS analysis on legacy application and TO-BE analysis on system to recommend possible areas of improvements.
- Derived User Stories along with the product owner and team from product roadmap with the help of Jira.
- Helped product owner in prioritizing user stories using MoSCoW model, forming Acceptance Criteria. Executed Feasibility Study, Use Case Narratives and Business Process Optimization activities.
- Assisted in developing MVP with features for initial review after Product Grooming, developing User Stories
- Assisted in Backlog Grooming, Estimations and Status Reporting by using Jira.
- Maintained the Kanban Board to visualize the Workflow and assisted the Product Owner with Definition of Ready (DOR) and Definition of Done (DOD) for the sprints.
- Identified Source and Target data, performed Data Mapping, Data Profiling, Developed Governance Processes, Transformation Processes using AWS data pipeline and applied Business Rules to engineer ETL Process and populate AWS Redshift.
- Assisted in SQL queries, DML, DDL, DCL and DQL to perform data analysis, extract selective data from AWS Redshift for Analytics.
- Presented various Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Business Metrics by assisting the BI Analysts in generating reports, ad hoc reports and interactive dashboards and created a storyline for presentation using Tableau for Analysis and Visualization.
- Facilitated end-to-end Web Service testing for RESTful API through Swagger Tools and Postman for documenting requests and responses for RESTful APIs and HTTP calls GET, POST, DELETE and PUT on application layer to test web services.
- Created AWS EC2 instances over the cloud and maintained those instances from time to time using EC2 dashboards and used AWS Management Console for creating jobs and ordering Snowballs for migrating our on-premise data to the AWS cloud.
- Assisted in creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, updated and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Assisted QA Team in testing the application during Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: Scrum Framework, Jira, MS Visio, Balsamiq Mockups, MS Office Suite, MS SQL Server, SQL, Postman, Tableau, AWS Redshift, S3, Snowball, EC2, Confluence.
Confidential, Johnston, Rhode Island
- Regularly interacted with Fixed Income/Fix Protocol trading desk to discuss, formulate and finalize the migration process.
- Provided regular support for the Government Bonds, Corporate bonds and Mortgage backed securities’ desk.
- Gathered requirements from various stack holders such as Financial Analysts, Risk Analysts and Portfolio Management via JAD sessions and conducted GAP analysis (As-Is and To-Be), Effort Estimation and Document Analysis.
- Extensively involved in migrating the fields of Financial instruments such as Fixed Income products like T-Bills and T-Bonds, Derivatives Securitized Products such as Mortgage Backed Securities on Trading Platform.
- Created UML diagrams like activity diagrams, use case diagram, sequence diagrams to complete the migration process on Trading platform.
- Ensured that the data stored follows compliances defined by regulatory authorities like SEC, FINRA and CFTC.
- Worked on Entity-relationship modeling technique and assisted in developing Conceptual and Logical data models and clarified queries in physical data model.
- Performed various SQL queries like select, insert, update, delete and various join operation for Data Analysis.
- Assisted in mapping of data from OLTP systems to operational data store (ODS) and then to corresponding Data mart.
- Documented requests and responses of APIs using Swagger and tested APIs integration using Postman.
- Worked on UI creation by using UML diagrams along with UI and app developers (component selection and creation of Radio buttons, Data-entry fields, check boxes and Drop-down lists to retrieve data for client-side).
- Acted as proxy scrum master, facilitating all sprint events and sprint reports (Burndown/Burnup charts, information radiators)
- Maintained a Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure that all the business requirements are captured in functional requirement and all Functional Requirements are captured at the Use Case Level.
- Played a vital role in Establish accountability and monitor implementation of risk management across the company, including, implementation of risk appetite and tolerances, risk identification, assessment, and mitigation processes.
- Established proper communication between business stakeholders, remote clients, Asset managers and Technology Teams
- Created and implemented test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) along with QA team. Involved with the whole UAT to ensure the performance of the system and application.
- Participated in performance and load testing using HP Load Runner tool to test the enormous load parameters within the application.
- Used JIRA tools for Managing bugs, reviewed each defect and assigned development team to resolve problems.
Environment: Agile-scrum, UML, MS-Visio, MS-Project, JIRA, Swagger, Power Designer, Tableau, MS SQL server, Postman, Load Runner, Informatica Power Center.
Business System Analyst
- Performed GAP analysis by finding AS-IS of the project and TO-BE’s for project vision and process flows.
- Assisted Product Owner to effectively maintain and prioritize Product backlog and release plan.
- Calculated Value at Risk (VaR) for IRA opening using various methods such as historical method, Variance-covariance and Monte-Carlo Simulation.
- Helped the Product Owner in finalizing the Minimum viable product and creating User Stories, also made sure user stories follow INVEST Criteria.
- Used JIRA for effectively allocating tasks, user story writing, backlog management, issue tracking and user story management.
- Actively involved in scrum ceremonies and helped in understanding the dependencies between requirements.
- Performed SQL queries operation such as DML and DDL commands for data extraction and manipulation.
- Created high and low fidelity prototyping as per the demand using Mock-Up Screens and Wire Frames to help various stack holders to understand the application overview.
- Formed Documents for the Data Mapping, Change Control, and the Specifications need for forecasting.
- Worked on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) primarily REST web services and Documented requests and responses using Swagger.
- Created variable analysis of business matrices with the help of multiple data visualization reports using Tableau.
- Wrote Feature files in the Gherkin format for step definition files for performing Automated testing using Cucumber.
- Assisted in formulating testing documents like Test Plans and Test summary report and developed Test Scenarios and Cases based on functional requirements also actively participated in System integration testing and Production Testing.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MS Visio, MS-PROJECT, MS Office Suite, JIRA, MS-SharePoint, Swagger, MS SQL Server, MS Project, Cucumber, Tableau, CSS, HTML.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting requirements by understanding the reporting and analytical needs of functional users using BRD and SRS
- Assisted the Project Manager in identifying tasks and creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Identified entities, attributes, and relationships by referring to the Data Dictionary, E-R Models and Using Conceptual Data Models and Logical data models for source exploration.
- Documented source & target systems and assisted in data profiling to comply with target system architecture.
- Identified Facts, Dimensions and Grain to enable complex drill-down, roll-up, slicing and dicing OLAP queries for ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Created Data Mapping document to document Source to Target mappings including transformation rules, default values, and other business logic.
- Assisted in Dimensional Models by Normalizing data for facts and dimensions tables in the Hybrid Schema using Star and Snowflake schemas for optimal query performance and storage utilization
- Helped developers, architects and QA team in migration plan, design and build testing.
- Conducted User Acceptance tests to validate the analytics and reporting requirements throughout different stages.
- Used PL/ SQL scripts and queries for data validation as per the requirements of the mapping document
- Developed Reports and Dashboards using Power BI to serve as a DSS for BI/BA activities
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Teradata, Power BI, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle, Star UML, MS Project, MS Word, CVS, MS Excel
Jr. SQL Developer
- Co-ordinated with team members in Data Assessment, Integration, Modelling, Visualization and Reporting activities to enable insightful analyses leading to improved forward-thinking strategies
- Generated KPIs and Visualizations packaged in interactive Dashboards to the management on a weekly basis
- Performed SQL Queries using complex joins, where, group by, order by, having clauses, subqueries and aggregate functions to meet the reporting and validation needs of Business and Technical teams
- Wrote complex SQL Queries using DDL, DML and DQL commands to implement business logic
- Involved in data migration from different sources such as CSV files, Flat Files, Excel Spread Sheets and relational databases to build a central cloud repository (Data Mart) for reporting
- Designed various reports such as periodic reports, static dashboards and ad-hoc reports using Tableau
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Oracle, Oracle Data Integrator, MySQL, Clear Case, Tableau