- Interviewed business leaders, users and key IT personnel to document the requirements of the Energy Accounting system, which replaced the in - house VB application for managing trades and meter data
- Wrote the Request for Proposal, evaluated the responses and developed a scoring methodology to choose the ideal product
- Created a Conceptual System Design document that included a design for integrating this new system with existing systems (iTron IEE, Siemens Spectrum SP7, Allegro Horizon, MV90)
- Created integrations between EAS with the other enterprise systems using Microsoft C#.net utilizing SOAP interfaces
- Successful, Agile implementation and rollout of a highly customized version of the Energy Accounting software
- Agile / JIRA / Confluence
- Similar to the EAS implementation, I gathered and documented the requirements and evaluated the vendors’ RFP responses
- Responsible for designing and building the integration between ETRM/Allegro and the other SMUD systems
- Integrated Allegro with Siemens EMS Spectrum SP7 EMS, Power Settlements SettleCore, OSISoft PI, Kiodex via C# SOAP interfaces
- Wrote heavy SQL queries and stored procedures while researching dara issues
Confidential, Houston, TX
Technical Business Analyst & Developer
- Led the development and operations of an energy market settlements and meter data management system in C#.NET, SQL Server SSIS & SSRS.
- Integrated with external trading partners (Generators, PJM, ERCOT) over a REST API with JSON, XML & CSV transactions.
- Built a reporting solution using Power BI and SSIS that compared incoming payment lockbox transactions to the invoices in the billing system
- Agile project management environment with JIRA, Confluence & GitHub
- Utilized JIRA & Confluence to track backlog, sprints, user stories.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Technical-Functional Business Analyst
- Developed enhancements to the Excelergy / Nexant ABP Utility Billing system in C# and XML
- Developed a process for the mass-update of billing determinant data stored in BLOBs on SQL Server
- Developed Excel 2016 macros and to extract data from the billing system into an Excel workbook, manually modified, then loaded into a SQL Server 2012 database
- Designed and built a system used to compare datasets between Confidential and external trading partners (Energy Services Group - ESG).
- Utilized SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for complex ETL and rendering
- Wrote SSIS custom task scripts in C#
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
Oracle Utilities Confidential Developer/Analyst
- Techno-Functional Business Analyst supporting Confidential ’s move to MISO (Midwest Independent System Operator) control area
- Researched and documented the requirements for adapting existing systems to work with MISO
- Created & updated Confidential Rates and Riders as needed for MISO Business Service and requirement documentation
- Wrote Oracle PL/SQL and VB.NET code to reconcile meter data between Confidential Billing Expert and Confidential GenManager
- Provided Application Production Support concurrently with development
- Utilized CVS for source code control and TOAD for UNIX-based Oracle PL/SQL development
- Provided Windows system and SQL Server administration functions, installed software
- Managed several Excel workbooks containing configuration information for the Rates & Riders, built macros to pick-and-choose data elements to be loaded into the Confidential Oracle database
- Developed an ASP.NET application and web services (C#) for retrieving and posting nationwide sales tax rates
- Defined the technology strategy, architecture and quality
- Developed a SQL Server 2008 R2 database for online transactions and tax base data
- Used Informatica PowerCenter v9.1 ETL to load tax rates for each State received in various Excel formats
- Developed Business Requirement and Functional Design documentation
- Established a SharePoint site to track SDLC documentation and approval workflow
- Built several reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Utilized Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source code control and release management, Windows, Exchange and SQL Server administration
- Provided subject matter expertise for the Smart Metering program in its early phase
- Documented the existing as-is process for IDR metering and VEE (Validation, Estimation, Editing) Rules
- Wrote Business Requirement documentation capturing the desired capabilities of an integrated work order management system
- Utilized a custom SharePoint SDLC site to track project artifacts, documentation and approval workflow
- Lead in gathering & documenting requirements for a Field Meter Diagnostic portable device
Techno-Functional Business Analyst & Developer
- Supported the Sungard-Zainet implementation by working with the business users to gather requirements
- Researched and documented Confidential ’s inventory of vendor products and custom-built processes
- Focused on quick-wins and custom-built processes that needed adjustment to support the Oracle upgrade and integration with EAI/Zainet
- Developed a new SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services site to replace an Oracle Forms/Oracle Reports system
- Utilized Subversion for source code control, TOAD for Oracle PL/SQL development and batch scripts to automate data import and export
Techno-Functional Business Analyst
- Developed an automated process to download market-settlement data by accessing web services published by ERCOT TML/MIS
- Created a SQL Server 2008 R2 database by using the DDL provided by ERCOT
- Used SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) to load the Retail (SCR727) and Wholesale (CODE/MODE) settlement data extracts into the data warehouse
- Used SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) to build complex reports from the settlement data
- Used Tableau to create a dashboard to visualize data load progress and meter data comparison variances
- Automated the PGP encryption/decryption of EDI transactions (814 enrollments, 867-meter data, and 810 invoices) by using batch scripts
- Windows and SQL Server administration functions (server maintenance, backup management, performance enhancements/settings, software install, hardware administration, storage administration)
Techno-Functional Business Analys
- Managed the Confidential Pricing Expert/Billing Expert v3.54 and Siebel 6 installation
- Upgraded Confidential to version 4.53
- Developed Confidential -to-Siebel 8 integration components in VB.NET
- Developed Siebel Script to interface with UNIX-based SAS.
- Maintained Rules Language and cost factors to support day-to-day operations and changing market conditions, prices, loss factors, load profiles
- Created new rate riders using DataManger / Rules Language to estimate the cost of TDSP Wires Charges tariff changes
- Developed several Rules Language-based reports utilized by the Pricing Team to analyze historical usage and edit if necessary
- Built several reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and Excel
- Developed and deployed a new .NET application providing the Pricing Analysts the previously unavailable ability to independently manage, test and deploy Confidential ’s factor value collections
- Developed a Microsoft Language Services add-in for Confidential integration into Visual Studio
- Established a formalized change-control and testing process for enhancements and data-changes
- Provided Production Support for the Confidential /Siebel pricing system
- Utilized Visual SourceSafe for version control and release package management and TOAD for Oracle PL/SQL development
- Worked with heavy, complex Excel spreadsheets that included VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables. Converted pricing requests modeled in Excel spreadsheets into Confidential Contracts
- Responsible for the ERCOT Texas Nodal Market implementation of the Confidential GenManager product at Confidential
- Documented Confidential ’s as-is shadow settlement process.
- Interviewed analysts, reviewed production data & reports, mapped shadow settlement workflow with Visio backed by a detailed description of each step within the workflow.
- Designed an end-to-end shadow settlement solution based upon Confidential ’s GenManager product
- Attended ERCOT TPTF/Nodal and COPS working group meetings.
- Analyzed the scope and impact of Nodal Protocol Revision Requests and presented summaries with opinions to Confidential and Confidential .
- Followed the ERCOT Nodal market implementation progress and timeline. Attended EDS conference calls on behalf of Confidential and Confidential .
- Facilitated process challenge sessions with leads from each of Confidential ’s operations & technology groups
- Created the functional design for Confidential ’s near-term post-analytics processes (two-market LMP arbitrage, RUC post-mortem, CRR strategies)
- Facilitated iterative requirement gathering sessions to translate their abstract concept into written form.
- Received extensive Confidential product training; ERCOT Nodal Market training
Sr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed ISO Business Service requirements expressed with complex algebraic formulas
- Configured the Confidential Confidential settlements product with the formula specifications for creating settlement statement line items
- Analyzed wholesale settlements calculation SIRs (Bug Reports) submitted by Confidential ; gathered supporting data in complex multi-page Excel spreadsheets that stored the context in which the error scenario could be reproduced
- Adjusted Confidential settlement calculations to match the PJM Business Service specifications
- Provided onsite representation for Confidential T&D while onsite at PJM
- Led the implementation of a retail energy transaction clearinghouse product at two client
- Provided sales support to Confidential to ensure all required market processes were covered in the product to be delivered
- Facilitated Joint Application Development sessions with the clients. Created technical design documentation for Confidential ’s developers.
- Provided onsite ERCOT subject matter expertise to Juice Energy. Created whitepapers explaining the mechanics of complex market processes.
- Built several reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
Techno-Functional Business Analyst
- Led the requirements and design phase of a Confidential BillingExpert FME (Financial Management Extensions) Implementation
- Investigated the business logic in the existing .ASP Financial Collections system to extract the base set of requirements
- Identified and interviewed individuals responsible for billing and collections to refine requirements and created the Conceptual System Design
- Created technical design documentation for the configuration of FME, and its integration with TIBCO and Siebel
- Installed the Confidential Customer Choice Suite and BillingExpert. Configured the collections workflow objects to specification.
- Developed a C#.NET wrapper around the Confidential API that accepted XML TDSP invoice data received from TIBCO
- Contributed to the design of a SOA-based infrastructure that enhanced the existing TIBCO-based integration
- Upgraded BillingExpert and PricingExpert from 3.54 to 4.5. Worked with the vendor to build a test and parallel operations environment. Made modifications to PLSQL based on object name changes that surfaced during the upgrade.
Techno-Functional Business Analyst
- Provided retail billing process and Confidential expertise to a business process re-engineering project (Keystone Project)
- Performed an inventory, assessment and gap-analysis of current systems, data flow and corresponding business processes
- Developed the mid/high-level technical design for the Confidential BillingExpert solution replacing ~80 billing applications & processes
- The systems required extensive integration with external trading partners and processed hundreds of millions of transactions monthly
- Provided production support for the VB6-based billing system (ECIMS) by writing new billing code to support the Great Lakes market.
- Responsible for creating the conceptual design for a market-participant version of LPSS (Load Profiling and Settlement System)
- Built product roadmap presentations, business and functional requirement documentation. Estimated capital cost and sales forecast dollars.
- Wrote technical specifications for its integration into the existing Confidential product suite. (MDM Meter Data Manager and BillingExpert)
- Conducted competitive intelligence research and developed marketing collateral
- Analyzed existing LPSS Rules Language and stored procedures from existing products to identify reusable code and integration points
- Provided energy settlement subject matter expertise during sales meetings
Business Analyst / Developer
- Documented functional requirements and created technical design for a gross margin financial forecasting application
- Worked with accounting analysts to document the as-is environment and requested improvements
- Identified and implemented modifications to their Excel-based forecasting system that included complex workbooks with macros, links and VLOOKUPs. Reduced processing time 75%.
- Designed and developed a BI solution to reconcile financial and volumetric settlement differences between Constellation and ERCOT
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server Integration Servers. Used SSIS to extract data from an Oracle based custom CRM & billing system. Worked through data quality challenges with the source data.
- Developed SSIS translation maps for the TX SET 867 EDI transactions. Created custom C#.NET components to identify out-of-sync conditions between the different sources of data.
- Processed 1.4 billion transactions during implementation
- Created several Excel reports that estimate the financial impact of data discrepancies