- Detailed - oriented professional with 7+ years of IT experience in the Healthcare, Financial, Government and Banking domain.
- Experience with various SDLC including agile and UML modeling
- Experience writing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Use Case and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008, 2012 & 2014 platforms
- SQL Server Management Studio, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Query Analyzer, Visual Studio
- ERD, Data warehouse & modeling experience
- Strong SQL query skills.
- Experience in developing complex stored procedures and cursors
- Experience with Tableau dashboard development
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite including Visio
- Business Intelligence
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- PC Tech and Desktop skills
Software: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , MySQL 5.2, 5.7, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g
Other: SSIS (Visual Studio), Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant, Tableau 9.1, 9.2, 9.3,10, Excel and SSRS.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Business Analyst/Data Modeler
- Provided SQL Analytical and reporting support for a data aggregation and analytical project.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews, elicited, analyzed, refined, completed and documented requirements.
- Wrote use cases and created use case diagrams to help guide developers.
- Conducted JAD session with management, SME, users and other stakeholders for adding newer features and moving an application into a newer system.
- Designed and created tables, stored procedures, views and indexes.
- Created workflow designs and used MS Excel to do data analysis, using pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and functions.
- Used SSIS to perform ETL tasks extracting data from multiple data sources and developed reports using Tableau and MS Excel.
- Performed data profiling and data cleansing to ensure good data quality.
- Elicited, analyzed and refined business requirements from stakeholders, documents and reports and generated solutions.
- Created Data Model Diagrams, Source to Target mapping document and Data Models using Erwin Data Modeler.
- Created Star Schema, Snowflake and operational data stores.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Business Analyst/ETL Developer
- Conducted JAD Sessions and face to face interviews to elicit, analyze, document and understand requirements and business rules.
- Maintained patients’ information and supported the company’s healthcare software functions and training.
- Ad-hoc data extraction through queries in SQL Server 2012 and MS Access and presented report in MS Excel and SSRS.
- Performed data migration and data integration development tasks to put data in a centralized location. Utilized SSIS to move data into SQL Server from OLTP source.
- Clean and profiled data using SSIS and SQL Server to enrich data standards.
- Used reverse engineering in creating Data Models and Data Model Diagrams
- Weekly analysis of new data entered into database
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Business Analyst/Data Modeler
- Interviewed Business Users to gather functional, business and technical Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Conducted extensive requirement analysis and user acceptance testing (UAT), collaborating with QA team to develop test plans and scenarios.
- Helped the PM with strategic planning and sprint planning
- Created complex SQL queries and scripts to extract and aggregate data to validate the accuracy of the data relating to Mutual Funds and Money Markets.
- Performed database design, performance tuning, index analysis and T-SQL programing.
- Performed daily integration and ETL tasks by extracting, transforming and loading data to and from different SQL Server databases
- Utilized SSIS for ETL data integration and Quality Center for testing.
- Performed data analysis with MS Excel, using VLOOKUP, pivot tables, Macros/excel formulas.
- Cleaned, analyzed and validated invalid and missing data to ensure high data quality.
- Identified and document limitations in data quality that jeopardize the ability of internal and external data analysts
- Translated Mutual Funds and Capital Assets data into visual representation of information and presented to appropriate department
- Used Erwin Data Modeler for creating star schema, snowflake and ER data models for over 100 entities relating to Mutual Funds and Capital Markets.
Confidential, St. Louis, Missouri
- Helped elicit, document, analyze and complete business requirements.
- Played the role of a scribe in a JAD session
- Worked with users and developers to verify impacts of changes to design and cost estimates of the designs.
- Performed data modeling and ETL functions and data mapping for several systems using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for source control, Visual Studio 2008 for data mapping, and Microsoft SQL Server Management studio to hold code and run stored procedures.
- Monitor, review and facilitate SharePoint-based Enterprise Change Management process.
- Extracted, analyzed and built reports using MS Excel and Tableau.
- Users and developers were virtually connected throughout the United States. The project was to process mortgage loans for the various government refinance programs. We used government established rules to categorize loans as meeting (HAMP, FHA and FNMA) authorized refinancing options.